PDA

View Full Version : ? about Boba Fett's Armor...

Darth Vellner
08-26-2002, 11:09 PM
If the armor Boba Fett wears is Jangos (armor) that means he painted it, Right? So he would have put the skull on it.
Anyhow, what is the skull on the shoulder....is it a Reek skull?
A Reek is the last thing Jango killed, Before he was killed

Picture of Skull

Beast
08-26-2002, 11:22 PM
According to that one recent Boba Fett novel, it's revealed that Jango has multiple sets of armor in the slave 1. Including the suit of his mentor Jaster Merrel, which Boba later wears.

It looks like that Boba buries his father's corpse on Geonosis in the armor, but does take the helmet and repaints it, judging by the dent in it.

And yes, that is a safe bet that the skull is actually a Reek skull. Old EU had it as a Tauntaun skull, If I recall correctly. Which makes no sense, since the Tauntaun is not a vicious creature. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nexu
08-26-2002, 11:42 PM
See, this is what's so good about Star Wars. Everything is explained. It all ties together. :)

The True Maul
08-27-2002, 09:25 AM
I always thought that was the sign of the Mandalorian's. :)

El Chuxter
08-27-2002, 12:12 PM
I'm 99% sure that the skull has always been a bantha skull in Lucas's book.

LTBasker
08-27-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
And yes, that is a safe bet that the skull is actually a Reek skull. Old EU had it as a Tauntaun skull, If I recall correctly. Which makes no sense, since the Tauntaun is not a vicious creature. :)

Well it's gotta have some viciousness somewhere (two different races of Tauntauns perhaps) otherwise why would Jabba display a Tauntaun head next to a prize like Carbo Han? It being a Reek skull is kinda doubtful because the eyes are too close together on the skull illustration. I think it's just something that will remain a mystery like Fett's background should have. :D

Darth Vellner
08-27-2002, 12:54 PM
Maybe Tauntauns can't live on tatoonie (too hot). So Jabba displaying a head of one he had imported is a way to show off on Tatooine...they are hard to come by way out on Tatooine.

"Wow!Jabba, where did you get that Tauntaun head, There are no tauntauns anywhere on the outerrim. That has to be Imported from Hoth or farther.....Most Inpresive,Jabba!

Anyway..A Tauntaun is lame its like - Lets start an army, And use A Pink Bunny Skull!

The Reek is way cool! as soon as it charged Jango and he killed it I thought of that skull on Boba's Armor

LTBasker
08-27-2002, 01:11 PM
If the Novel is "canon" which I'm guessing it's not, but if Boba Fett's armor truly did come from Jaster Mereel's, how do we know the skull wasn't on there to begin with? It could've been one feircest creatures that the Mandalorians came across on a planet and they could've drove it to extinction from hunting it just to show they were very powerful.

Btw, about the Tauntaun. Remember we only saw them tamed by the Rebels, we never saw them in the wild, for all we know the Rebels could've gotten them from when they were "pups" and tamed them then and so they didn't grow up wild.

Beast
08-27-2002, 02:29 PM
Lucas keeps really tight reigns on any books that take place during the time of the movies. Especially in between movies so that they don't negate anything that occures in the next movire.

Therefor the books that are set around the prequel movies are alot closer to canon then all the ones that are set after the OT. So, while it is an EU novel it likely more tied in with the movies, then "Splinter of Mind's Eye" is. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2002, 04:51 PM
If it was a Reek skull, then that would make more sense than something retarded like a Bantha or Tauntaun.