PDA

View Full Version : I Scored!!!!

darthcarlos
08-27-2002, 02:52 AM
Hi, everyone

I checked out a toy shop in Culver City, California. I was amazed when I saw these loose ships for sale! I found two, not one, AF ships that I thought I would never get because of the high prices on Ebay. What luck! I payed $20.00 dollars for each ship. They did not come with stands or figs but I'm going to try to go this weekend again and see if they have the figures aswell. Although I don't have the figures I'm very happy. I still can't believe I found them.

Darth Carlos

JediTricks
08-27-2002, 06:35 AM
I'm afraid your pic doesn't work in any of my browsers or my photo viewers. So which AF were they?

haggie
08-27-2002, 02:44 PM
You can download the image then drag it to the browser to make it work. It looks like it was save with an extension of .pjpg which wont work. The AFs are a Defender and E-Wing! (lucky bastard)

haggie
08-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Here is Darthcarlos's image. Should work from this link.

"You lucky, lucky bastard. What I wouldn't give to be spat at in the face!"

JediTricks
08-28-2002, 03:15 AM
Thanks Haggie, that worked way better!

Darthcarlos, congratulations!!! You're a lucky, lucky, lucky little boy, you get to drink from... THE FIREHOSE!!!! :D That's a killer get at $20 each, if you ever see more at that price, I know about a billion people who will want 'em.

good shot jansen
08-28-2002, 09:40 AM
that's awsome dc! i love it when something happens like this to one of our forummers! :)

it's such a cryin' shame that these two perticular toys are demanding sooooo much money in the after market:frus:

darthcarlos
08-29-2002, 12:41 AM
I agree, I am a lucky bastard. What are the chances of finding both these ships? When I purchased these the E-wing was missing the weapons on each wing. I went back in the store and noticed a box with loose weapons for Star Wars action figures. I looked through these pieces and found both side mounted weapons, they fit perfectly. I was excited that the ship was now complete. Good Luck to all of you, or should I say, May the Force Be With You!

Darth Carlos

Darth Vellner
08-29-2002, 12:50 AM
I saw them at Celebration 2...Are they customes? Where did they come from?....I never heard Anything about them....I only saw them once....How meny were made?..

good shot jansen
08-29-2002, 07:49 AM
the e-wing and tie defender were part of the last wave of action fleet ships prior to the release of tpm. the third ship from this wave was jabbas sail barge.

the ships were released in 1998, and due to the imminent take over of galoob by hasbro, and the upcoming release of episode I, (most if not all of galoob's attention at that time was focused on the new star wars movie) the last wave of action fleet were not widely produced or distributed. (it has been rumored over the years that that the production run was actually the same as any other waves, but with the attention focused on episode I, most of the ships from this last wave languished unshipped in galoob's warehouse)

back in 98, these two ships could have been purchased directly from galoob, but alas that luxury ceased to exist back in 99.

i'm hoping that hasbro decides to re-release these two ships as part of their new action fleet. it's really a shame that people have to resort to the current rediculous after-market pricing of these two guys, just to get a really nice toy. :(