PDA

View Full Version : The Ewok Movies

Marco
08-27-2002, 11:00 AM
I wonder if there will be ever some figures from the two Ewok movies. Now we have figures from the novels, computer games, comics and even Star Tours...where is my Mace action figure???

Lord Tenebrous
08-27-2002, 02:17 PM
The Ewoks and Droids lines are the closest you'll probably come. The current line is strictly Star Wars, and the Star Tours line has backing from Disney. I doubt ABC, where the Ewok films premiered, would lend the same support for an exclusive line, and I doubt the DVD releases will change anything.

evenflow
08-28-2002, 02:36 PM
I think that it is tragic that we are not getting more stuff like from the Ewoks movies, Holiday Special, and of course Expanded Universe. I hope that down the line, we eventually will.

thespar
08-28-2002, 03:15 PM
we might see more of this items as hasbro lience agreement comes to a end.

Beast
08-28-2002, 03:31 PM
I doubt we will see much of anything from the Holiday Special, since Lucas considers that to not even exist. The only reason that we got Zutton who appears in the Holiday Special was because Hasbro wants to do new versions of all the vintage charecters sooner or later. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
08-28-2002, 05:54 PM
Ewoks are cool but I only want movie Ewoks not TV ewoks. The TV Ewoks had funny eyes and silly characters and stupid costumes. But if they do make the TV Ewoks then I want a Marauder corvette vehicle and plenty of nasty looking Marauder pirates. Just for gods sake never make a Cindel Towani figure, non-one should ever ever ever ever admit to wanting that, that is the end of cool to end all ends of cool. Seriously bad karma dude.

El Chuxter
08-28-2002, 06:23 PM
We need TEEK!

I wouldn't mind seeing more realistic versions of some of the cartoon characters, especially Kneesa. And any of the non-Towani characters from the Ewok movies would be welcome. . . just as long as TEEK! is the first!

TEEK! fans unite! (C'mon, EP and Caesar, we need 100% of the three TEEK! fans to unite here.) :)

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 06:26 PM
To a point some of the Ewoks from those movies would be cool, but only if we had new versions of all 8 vintage ewoks first. I for one would love to see a Chukha-Trok or Ewok Priestess figure.:)

Jargo
08-28-2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah, actually i think TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! would be cool too. I know he smells of weewee but he's cooler than some of those Ewoks like Kaink for instance. Stupid big pointy headdress thing and weird yellow eyes. They over dressed the Ewoks in the TV movies. I know why they made the eyes differently because the little people couldn't see out of the masks they made for ROTJ but they still freak me out looking at them. They remind me of goats eyes and goats are purest evil incarnate......

tagmac
08-28-2002, 09:13 PM
The one Ewok that would make sense to make is Widdle (white cheeks), considering he actually appeared in ROTJ. After that, Chukka and Teek are the only cool characters worth making into figures.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Yeah, actually i think TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! would be cool too. I know he smells of weewee but he's cooler than some of those Ewoks like Kaink for instance. Stupid big pointy headdress thing and weird yellow eyes. They over dressed the Ewoks in the TV movies. I know why they made the eyes differently because the little people couldn't see out of the masks they made for ROTJ but they still freak me out looking at them. They remind me of goats eyes and goats are purest evil incarnate......

And let's not forget the way they absolutely ruined Logray by making him gray, old, andwith a moustache! Hell, the Ewok movies were supposed to have taken place BEFORE ROTJ!

I doubt you'll see figs of the Towani family, not even Cindel - you'd have to actually FIND the actors to get their likenesses signed off on. Does anyone know what happened to them? Of course not - if anyone knew, they'd have certainly interviewed at least Cindel and Mace in the SW Insider.

I think a couple Marauder figs might be interesting, but pleeease, not Noah! We don't need a Wilford Brimley action figure to hawk Quaker Oatmeal and Diabetic supplies to our other action figures.

AdmiralPiett
08-28-2002, 10:27 PM
I'm right with you El Chuxter! TEEK RULES! I can't believe no one is standing up to Emperor Jargo though. Ever since he said that Cindel shouldn't be made, no one has opposed him. Well, let me be the first to say that I would like to see ALL of the characters made including Cindel, Noah, heck even the Breakfast Club guy that play's Cindel's father. And I want Wilford Brimley's ship, the dinosaur-like beasts, the cave dragon-monster, the marauder prisoner transport wagon, etc. How about as fanclub exclusives?
Piett

TylerD
08-29-2002, 01:33 AM
I think that Fan Club exclusives would be the way to go also Piett.

Add another fan to your club El Chuxter! TEEK ROCKS!

Whats wrong with Cindel, Jargo? I mean, she's so cute....with her little headband and all...How can you resist? LOL

bigbarada
08-29-2002, 02:39 AM
Teek is cool, but could never be released by himself. They would have to include either CIndel or Noah to fill out the bubble. Although you know with Hasbro's cheapness and Teek's small size that he would be an unarticulated lump, like Salacious Crumb or the Massif.

Marco
08-29-2002, 02:41 AM
Hey Tagmac,

keep watching for the upcoming Star Wars Insider.

You will find a report on the Ewok Movies and interview with Eric "Mace Towani" Walker.

The Interview already got printed in the German Star Wars Fan Club Magazine and even in the UK SW mag in Summer 2001.

Interested in the interview? I can send you one, because I did it. I just came home from Eric Walker in LA.

Aubree "Cindel" Miller is hard to find, but she will be interviewd, next I hope.

Check www.ericwalker.net for more.

c u

Marco

Jargo
08-29-2002, 06:05 AM
Ah yes, the power of a lovely headband and springy tight blond curls....... *now where's me huntin' gun...?* :evil:

I was joking about the weewee smell...... I'dquite like a Noa figure to go with TEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Noa was cool in a grizzly Adams kind of way. The way he could fix stuff and all. Need a fixer in the star wars universe, why didn't George do that in the main movies....waaaaaitaminute....!! :eek:

Jayspawn
08-29-2002, 11:39 AM
It would be cool to have a few Ewoks figures like Noa, Mace, Cindel and that furry hampster-thing that runs very fast.

evenflow is right. Lucas doesn't consider the Holiday Special cannon or even to exist (heck, the actors even don't).

El Chuxter
08-29-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
. . . that furry hampster-thing that runs very fast.

Alias TEEK! :D

I seriously wonder if Hasbro realizes how many fans would buy a TEEK! figure?

tagmac
08-29-2002, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the info, Marco. I wrote in to the insider a long time ago that they should interview both actors, but nothing ever came of it. It's nice to see they're finally recognizing those two movies. As bad as they were in some ways, there was still a charm about them.

DravenUnleashed
08-29-2002, 06:29 PM
Kinda funny how Lucas says he doesnt consider the Expanded Universe to exist especially when its only been the expanded universe that made him money for his 13 year hiatus from making anything new and then he uses a character from the Holiday special as the main point to the clone wars with Fett...

I HATE YOU LUCAS!!!

Beast
08-29-2002, 06:51 PM
The ammount of money that Lucas gets from the Expanded Universe is a drop in the bucket compared to what he gets from ILM, and his other dealings. So don't act like Star Wars is his only care or thing that supported him for 13 years. :)

Secondly, Boba Fett was not created for the Holiday Special. He was created for Empire Strikes Back, and they decided to premire the charecter for the Holiday Special. Just because his apperance in that predates his ESB apperance, doesn't mean that was what he originally was planned for. :crazed: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord_Etreum
08-30-2002, 12:15 AM
Im not really interestes un Ewok movie action figures. Im from mexico and I have only seen one of them. I like Teek and there might be a way of getting him, not in a Ewok series but in the Star Tours series, because if I remember well before riding a lady asks to help the little ones fastening their seat-belts and a blonde woman helped a creature that is identical to Teek. Its a long shoot but It may happen.