PDA

View Full Version : Tauntaun and Luke Skywalker

AT-ATstuntdriver
06-25-2002, 07:00 PM
only place i've seen it is here http://64.225.254.58/paf/list.asp?c...rs&cartnum=9430
for presale, supposed to be tru exclusive. anyone seen anything else on it?

JediWannaBe
06-26-2002, 05:42 AM
See my Amazon Post, have this item listed for $59.99!!

AT-ATstuntdriver
06-26-2002, 10:54 AM
thank you sir!

Doc Brown
08-27-2002, 05:45 PM
Need I say more? :)

The True Maul
08-27-2002, 05:57 PM
Cool!! Thanks for the update Doc!!:)

mini-rock
08-27-2002, 06:10 PM
Thanks Doc. Looks like I can expect another email from Amazon soon. YIPPIE!!

Doc Brown
08-27-2002, 06:17 PM
no prob guys. I ordered mine today and stated it was to ship out by the 29th. I'm sure people that pre-ordered it will be getting a shipping notification soon.

tagmac
08-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Wow......I'm surprised considering it originally wasn't supposed to ship until the end of September. I pre-ordered mine a while ago, so I guess I should expect it pretty soon.

Now, if only they would get all the new 3 3/4" figs in this quickly, it would be really great.

mini-rock
08-28-2002, 10:41 AM
Got my email! WHOOHOO!!

Thunderstorm1
08-30-2002, 03:28 PM
I received this today and I have to say that it is now one of my Favorite 12" Figures. Very nice and Great detail!

Anyone else received theirs yet?

Doc Brown
08-30-2002, 03:46 PM
I'll be getting mine Tuesday! can't wait! I've already received the wave 2 figures and Ki-Adi-Mundi, so it's been like an early xmas! heh heh heh :D

Thunderstorm1
08-30-2002, 03:49 PM
Yeah, Doc I received My Ki-Adi today too!

He is pretty awesome!

Darth Cruel
09-03-2002, 10:07 PM
I bought the 12" Luke/Tauntaun at TRU today. It is a great figure and I am almost afraid to open it. There were four in stock, I got one and the other three were being held for someone who never showed to get them. So I told a buddy about them and he is picking one up tomorrow. I only wish the Luke had snow on his uniform. I am planning to swap the costume with the old one. It should look pretty cool.

Doc Brown
09-04-2002, 12:00 AM
In my collection I'm switching the old hoth luke with snow with the tauntaun and pairing the battle damaged luke with the wampa. makes much more sense that way! (Timewise in the movie anyway) :p

mini-rock
09-04-2002, 12:27 AM
I still haven't received this or the other figs I pre-ordered from Amazon. Needless to say I'm bummed. I mean, I could have gotten Dooku, SBD, and Zam at Target , and Luke w/ Tauntaun 12' at TRU today.

Turbowars
09-07-2002, 01:56 PM
I bought the new Tauntaun this week and It's FN awesome. The box is bigger than the Han and Tauntaun. Great 12", but it woant make it out of the box. It just looks to cool.

Darth Cruel
09-07-2002, 03:42 PM
TW - Believe me when I tell you it is best left in the box. I took mine out and now I am hoping that the next person to buy it after I return it enjoys it. Excuse me while I jump on over to the review section.

derek
09-08-2002, 10:43 AM
hey darth cruel,

what didn't you like about the hoth luke and tauntaun? i guess you don't have the han and tauntaun so you didn't know what to expect.:confused:

i just got one the other day, and it's just what i expected it would be, except the luke head is an all new scuplt. at first i thought it was just re-used from the speederbike luke.:)

i'm not happy with the body luke has, but that was to be expected.

Darth Cruel
09-08-2002, 11:17 AM
I did finally get a Han and Tauntaun, but I never opened it. I have a review of the Luke/Tauntaun in the review section. Basically my main complaint is the fact that the Tauntaun barely stands by itself and doesn't have a prayer with Luke on it's back. I am sure that there are some out there that would be fine but it is not fair to other collectors to go buy another one, open it and return it as well if it sucks as bad as this one. I know that Hasbro will exchange defective stuff (at least they did when I got a broken Darth Maul) so I will call them and see if they will correct this problem. If they don't, it will go back and I will pass on this item.

derek
09-08-2002, 11:28 AM
darth cruel,

i have the han taun taun, and it won't stand unaided either. i was wondering if hasbro was going to fix this, but it looks like they didn't. i took the luke and taun taun out of the box, but am going to leave the taun taun's feet wired to the cardboard it came on. this seems to keep him upright. as for the han and taun taun, i just use somethng to prop them up.:)

this set is exactly what i expected it to be. a new luke head sculpt on a HOF body, and a recycled tauntaun(with one broken tusk) and recycled uniform parts.:) i expect we will see an ultimate boba fett recycled from the 12 inch jango fett in the near future as well.:)

Darth Cruel
09-08-2002, 09:13 PM
This figure is so close to awesome that it disappoints me even more than if it was a complete waste. Just a different body, some snow on the uniform Tauntaun legs molded SOLID and rehashed accessories from the Han/ Tauntaun and you have the best figure to date save maybe the JFUV and Scout trooper/Speeder. I hope they learn.

Doc Brown
09-09-2002, 05:04 PM
Yeah, it's the little things they didn't include that kinda stinks. No snow on Luke or tauntaun, Luke doesn't come with his macronoculars like the earlier 12" hoth luke. And of course they even used the same old hand sculpts also. What is it that Hoth LUke and Han are pointing at anyway? And they could have made the joints on the tauntaun's legs tight so it wouldn't be prone to falling over so easy. If Hasbro is going to rehash old things at least fix some of the earlier problems. I think it's a great set, just a few gripes.

Exhaust Port
09-10-2002, 10:25 AM
I just ordered mine today. I'm just glad to see that they haven't given up on the "large" 12 inch figure releases. These types of figures make for one heck of a collection piece. Eveyone that sees my stuff is always wowed by the large scale pieces.

Darth Cruel
09-10-2002, 10:40 PM
They are already warming the shelf at my local TRU. There have been two (three if they still have the one I returned) sitting there for two days now. I was surprised to see that. But I do believe that down the raod they will be clearanced for $20.00.

Prince Xizor
09-12-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
But I do believe that down the raod they will be clearanced for $20.00.

That's when I am going to pick mine up.

Exhaust Port
09-13-2002, 06:13 PM
They'll most likely be sold cheap during the day after Thanksgiving sale. That's when TRU dumps all the shelf warmers for the upcoming X-mas junk. Mark your calander and get their early.

Darth Cruel
10-20-2002, 02:05 AM
Went to TRU tonight and saw a VERY familiar-looking 12" Luke/ Tauntaun. It was opened and the figures were lying on the bottom of the box...it was priced at $35.40. I almost bought it back. But for anyone in the Victorville, CA area there is a TRU just North of the mall on Amargosa Rd (which is a frontage road on the West side of the freeway) that already has a Luke/Tauntaun for a reasonable clearance price if you are going to open it anyway.

mini-rock
10-21-2002, 02:13 AM
I've seen a few at the TRU near me. I'm thinking next time I may wait for a large piece like this to go onsale in stead of shelling out almost $70 bucks.

Turbowars
10-22-2002, 07:37 PM
There's about 6 on the floor and 10 up high on a shelf at my TRU. If they do go on sale I'll buy another to open.

Jayspawn
10-22-2002, 09:19 PM
I really like my 12" Luke and Tauntaun. I have the Han set but left it in the box. I opened Luke and Tauntaun and it stands perfectly. It's been standing perfectly in the same position for a number of weeks now. No problems what so ever.

I think it's a great set.

derek
10-22-2002, 10:07 PM
what i like about the luke/tauntaun is the new luke headsculpt. this is the best one yet.

i swapped the body out to a super-joe body and put on the bespin luke clothes and he looks really good. the face looks perfect for the battle-worn duel with vader.

Jedi Master Silas
11-06-2002, 02:00 AM
I havent bought it yet..it's warming the shelves here. I'm hoping for a sale soon because I dont care much for it to tell you the truth. When it goes down I'll grab one.

Derek who's the girl in your avatar??

Exhaust Port
11-06-2002, 08:55 AM
I would plan on hitting TRU early on the day after Thanksgiving for a discounted Taun Taun. That's the day when they run a fire sale to clear the shelves of shelf-warmers to make room for the Christmas shipments. Last year they had the Dewback for around $30 but it went quick so get there early.

Clowntrooper
11-09-2002, 02:50 AM
An Luke Hoth on a second Han Tauntaun would have easily filled the lack of this figure. The scene specific battle damaged face sculpt makes the new Luke only useable to throw him in a jam jar as bacta tank and leave him there until his wounds are healed.

Beast
11-09-2002, 02:58 AM
Clowntrooper, the reason they did that is because the Luke: Hoth Gear has been available twice before. They did want to make it someone different. If you don't like it, just use one of the previous Luke: Hoth 12" figures. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks