PDA

View Full Version : Reservoir Dogs Special Edition DVD

Prince Xizor
08-27-2002, 07:17 PM
So did anybody pick up the new Special Edition today?

Myself, I bought the Mr. Blonde cover. They are all the same DVD but Mr. Blonde is the sh*t.

The Deleted scences are pretty cool, especially the one with Nice Guy Eddie, Mr. Pink, and Mr. White all talking about a doctor for Mr. Orange.

The commentary is pretty good as well, along with a ton of interviews (The best one being Tarinteno's (sp?) Sundance film festival interview about his 4 showings and 2 of them being giant screw-ups.)

Hellboy
08-27-2002, 07:27 PM
I haven't picked mine up yet but it is waiting for me at my local Suncoast. I went with Mr. Brown because it's the least produced of the bunch but I agree Mr. Blonde is the sh*t. I can't wait to watch it as well as Pulp Fiction S.E. and Jackie Brown S.E. :cool:

derek
08-27-2002, 09:01 PM
what is Tarintino doing these days, beside guest starring on "alias"? did he retire with axl rose and kick back and live on his royalties? it's about time he put something out.

Prince Xizor
08-27-2002, 09:02 PM
I bought mine at Best Buy and there wasn't any Mr. Brown's. There was also none at the 2 FYE's near me.

I kinda hope I don't find one, because I think the Star Wars collecter in me is going to make me buy the rare one. :)

Hellboy
08-27-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by derek
what is Tarintino doing these days, beside guest starring on "alias"? did he retire with axl rose and kick back and live on his royalties? it's about time he put something out.

Actually I think he's still filming his new movie "Kill Bill"
No idea when it's due in theaters though :confused:

Eternal Padawan
08-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Wasn't there another thread about this very topic? Oh well.

I went into Best Buy planning on buying either Tim Roth or Harvey Keitel. I wasn't much into the whole gimmicky multiple covers thing. (typical of Artisan) but then I thought ten years down the road am I going to sigh and think "I had a chance to get the rare cover and didn't?" so I asked a manager buddy of mine if they had any stashed in the back. He said they sold out in the first ten minutes (but he got his before they did. So I pondered whether to simply follow through with my original plan and grab a Mr. White, but instead I decided to check next door at Target. I figured all the Tarantino geeks would've ran to Best Buy but old grannies shopping over at Target wouldn't be so inclined. Sure enough, of the eight DVDs they had, two were of the Mr. Brown variety, so I snagged one and hid the other for a buddy of mine.

P.S. the break down is for every Brown, there is six of each of the others. So it's one out of every 25.

ROLLO!

Beast
08-27-2002, 11:38 PM
It seems to be somewhat random also, EP. I was reading some reports from HomeTheaterForum of places that were swamped with Mr. Brown covers, and got very few of the others. Or some that got 20 pinks, and 6-8 of everyone else. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
08-27-2002, 11:50 PM
There seemed to be an abundance of Pink at best Buy when I went there. I asked the manager and he said there were even amounts but nobody want's a Pink DVD... :rolleyes:

That's why there's "more" of them... :D

ROLLO!

Needles
08-28-2002, 12:59 AM
there's a Resevoir Dogs Special Edition?!?!?!?!next time im at best buy,Im gonna pick up a mr.Pink cover one.Mr.pink is the fowlest of them all,the baddest(one of them anyway),lives throughout the entire movie,and is played very well by one of my favorite actors Steve Buscemi,I picked the regular dvd up for $10.00 at F.Y.E

Eternal Padawan
08-28-2002, 01:06 AM
lives throughout the entire movie...

...until he runs outside and gets blown away by the cops! Listen closely. After he leaves, there is a multitude of gunfire. And then silence. Mr Pink died in a hail of bullets. Hope that doesn't ruin the movie for you! :)

ROLLO!

QLD
08-28-2002, 02:26 AM
I ordered the Mr. Brown version online. It should be arriving any day now. I didn't feel like going out hunting for it.

2-1B
08-29-2002, 12:30 AM
Mr. Pink for me ! :happy:

I'm completely uninterested in the Brown cover, Tarantino bothers me.

derek
08-29-2002, 12:47 AM
QLD,

i thought you would of got one at BEST BUY!!!

sorry, i couldn't resist.:)

i'm with ya caesar. i think tarantino would rather act than write and direct. he's a camera hog.:)

and i'm glad ya LUV my ronnie.
:crazed:

Prince Xizor
08-29-2002, 01:35 AM
What is it with Pink? C'mon! Mr. Blonde rules all!

QLD
08-29-2002, 02:16 AM
Mr. Pink is cool as all get out. If I hadn't ordered the Brown cover, I would have gotten that one. I really could care less, but I figured if I am going to get it, I might as well get the "rare" one.

SirSteve
08-29-2002, 02:17 PM
I was able to find Mr. Brown at Best Buy. :) I just like getting the "rare" ones. ;)

JJB, I am over at the hometheaterforums as well. I ordered my theater seats (6 rockers) so the starting process has begun! Much to learn and so many choices (with HTPC's and all).

Maybe I should start a forum dedicated to home theaters. I seem much need for it as there are only 2 "big" ones out there. HTF and AVSForum...

hmm.........

Beast
08-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Hometheaterforums kicks arse, Sir Steve. Though I only go there to discuss DVD's. I don't have the bread to lay out for a home theater, but I still prefer movies the way they were meant to be seen. Make sure you post pictures when you get your home theater finished. :D

I don't know about a forum dedicated just to home theaters, but maybe another one like HTF that has sections for DVD's and stuff like that would be a good idea. There are only 2 decent DVD forums, HTF.com and DVDTalk.com. There is also HorrorDVDs.com, but they cater just to the horror genre.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
08-29-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Hometheaterforums kicks arse, Sir Steve. Though I only go there to discuss DVD's. I don't have the bread to lay out for a home theater, but I still prefer movies the way they were meant to be seen. Make sure you post pictures when you get your home theater finished. :D

I don't know about a forum dedicated just to home theaters, but maybe another one like HTF that has sections for DVD's and stuff like that would be a good idea. There are only 2 decent DVD forums, HTF.com and DVDTalk.com. There is also HorrorDVDs.com, but they cater just to the horror genre.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

It would include a DVD section (broken down by categories). That's a major part of a home theater! :)

Perhaps I should start another thread asking what others would think about it....

QLD
08-30-2002, 10:37 AM
I walked into Media Play yesterday, and there were at least 100 copies of Mr. Brown. And virtually none of the others. :rolleyes:

Prince Xizor
09-01-2002, 01:27 AM
I was in Best Buy today and all they had were a ton of Mr. Pink's and like 4 or 5 Brown's. No Blondes, Whites, or Oranges at all.

2-1B
09-17-2002, 11:56 PM
What the hell is a "reservoir dog" anyway ? :confused:

Obviously, I know what each word means :rolleyes: but I had never contemplated the meaning of the title.

Is it a slang reference I'm not familiar with?

Or is it a literal definition, as in:

reservoir = A receptacle or chamber for storing a fluid.

Medicine An organism or a population that directly or indirectly transmits a pathogen while being virtually immune to its effects.

dog = Slang An investment that produces a low return or a loss.

Thanks, and please pardon my ignorance ! :D

Jayspawn
09-18-2002, 04:05 PM
I bought all 5 covers. I didn't plan on it. It just kinda happened. I started with the Mr. Brown cover, then White. And now I have them all!

I was under the impression that Mr. Pink lived. I can understand why people think that he didn't. The yelling and gunfire and all. But remember, earlier in the film he is running from the cops. They get pretty close to him and he opens fire on them. Mr. Pink had his gun at the end. He could have done the same.