PDA

View Full Version : new obi-wan. we don't need it.

hango fett
08-28-2002, 06:30 AM
if it is going to have spear throwing action, then we do not need it. reason being is because you can take the staff/spear from the geo warrior and use JSP obi-wan's right hand and he can throw it just fien....well, actually it's more of a dagger effect, but it's close.
what do you think?
h

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-28-2002, 06:50 AM
I agree, I would have preferred a Kamino Obi-Wan instead.

The True Maul
08-28-2002, 06:51 AM
I agree it's pointless! :)

JEDIpartner
08-28-2002, 07:41 AM
We need a good Obi-Wan... and if this is our chance to get one...I say, go for it!

Jargo
08-28-2002, 09:38 AM
If the sculpt is superior and he's the right size then I can ignore yet another gimmick. The Obi's so far are not good. What i don't understand is that the deluxe C-3PO has a swappable head that works absolutely brilliantly, if they packed a figure with different heads and made the figure articulated enough without the gimmicks then they could give us the opportunity to put whatever head on we wanted. One decent Obi with swappable heads would do me. A wet hair Kamino head a JS pilot head with headset, and a dry haired head. Same articulated body for all but versatility built in because there would be the option to put him where you wanted. One figure does all. It's the gimmick we don't need not the the resculpt, the resculpt is very much needed.

hango fett
08-28-2002, 11:12 AM
i would like one with out the headset....looks bad in the geo diorama.....
h

patchiswelsh
08-28-2002, 12:28 PM
just get aayla out!!!!

Beast
08-28-2002, 02:14 PM
Hango, didn't you just complain that you didn't want the new Obi-Wan, and then say that you want one without the headset? :crazed: That's what the new spear-chucker Obi-Wan will be, a properly scaled Obi-Wan without the headset. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-28-2002, 02:59 PM
well, the obi-wan with spear throwing action we don't need. not one with a removable headset.
h

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2002, 04:31 PM
Nobody ever said we're getting a removable headset Obi . . . And yes, we need very much a new Obi-Wan.

hango fett
08-28-2002, 04:59 PM
i did not say we were getting one! just that i HOPE we do. that would bwe the only other new one i would get out of the pack unless the spear chucking one has an excelent sculpt.
h

Sinister Lord
08-28-2002, 05:13 PM
Well, at least we can be thankful that it is not another Alec Guiness version of Obi-Wan. Another one of those would truly be a waste of time.

Beast
08-28-2002, 05:20 PM
Well, we do need atleast 1 more Old Obi-Wan figure. One with soft goods lower robes and a soft goods cloak so that he can be sat in the landspeer. That is the one flaw with the excellent POTJ Old Obi-Wan figure. So a new one would be great. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sinister Lord
08-28-2002, 06:20 PM
Naaaaah... we don't need that. The original POTF2 Obi-Wan will sit just fine in the landspeeder, and soft goods cloaks were very common in the EP1 accessory sets. I have mine that way already. We don't need another reissue of that figure.

hango fett
08-28-2002, 06:59 PM
i disagree with you, sinister. we do need another. one ion a nuterul pose that can grip the saber in both hands CORRECTLY unlike the 25th anniversary one. the landspeeder feature could play in with 3po too! but all they did with artoo was tied him to the back of it! poor little astro droid!
h

Sinister Lord
08-28-2002, 07:28 PM
The POTF2 flashback Obi-Wan can grip a saber with both hands... we don't need another one with that feature. We already have it.

hango fett
08-28-2002, 08:36 PM
ok. how about they jsut do a really really awsome one for EIII. we only have to wait about 2.3 years for more figures!
h

Mar10Sir
08-29-2002, 02:32 AM
I agree about having a Kamino Obi (with a plastic robe like the old Naboo one). If they're gonna' make a new unrobed one anyways just make sure the sculpt, face expression and articulation will make him look good on several dioramas like the Geonosis hangar, inside the Republic Gunship or sitting in Anakin's Coruscant speeder (the Coruscant chase Obi-Wan can't sit very well because of the position if his "force action" arm and his legs.

rynobot
08-29-2002, 03:04 AM
For some reason I fear that this "spear throwing" action feature will not work as it is intended to.

Geonosian
08-29-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by patchiswelsh
just get aayla out!!!! And Coleman Trebor;)

Jayspawn
08-29-2002, 10:33 AM
I'd rather we not have an Obi-Wan w/ spear throwing action. What we do need is a regular Obi-Wan that has a lightsaber and a robe. Thats it!

hango fett
08-29-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I'd rather we not have an Obi-Wan w/ spear throwing action. What we do need is a regular Obi-Wan that has a lightsaber and a robe. Thats it!

my point exactly. i cqn't agree more, but the headset thing (removable) would still be nice as a accessory.
h