PDA

View Full Version : Target accessories at Zellers

Amanamike
08-28-2002, 06:11 PM
Found all 4 Target accessories packs at Zellers Naniamo today. There was still a Battle droid, Hoth trooper, and death star trooper left. I bought 2 of each for myself.

haggis
08-28-2002, 10:28 PM
Good find! These were in Hamilton, ON two days ago. Pretty much sold out in one day. It'll be interesting if these are a Zellers exclusive in this country as they are a Target exclusive down South. Zellers rules!

fourtwo
08-28-2002, 11:20 PM
i emailed someone at rebelscum about this and they never believed me
:(

GREEN HULK
08-29-2002, 03:22 PM
BAAHH! HULK USUALLY WANT TO SMASH ZELLERS! HULK NOT WANT TO SMASH ZELLERS TODAY! HULK FIND ALL 4 SETS TOO IN NORTHERN BC!!!!

sith_killer_99
08-29-2002, 04:05 PM
Hey, are these in Tri-Lingual or are they the same as the U.S. version?

You know me, always looking to expand my foreign (NON-U.S.) carded collection. :D

DAVID002
08-29-2002, 06:39 PM
I also picked this set up at Zellers today,
the other 3 sets were available.
The Death Star trooper set i bought
was the U.S.version (not sure but
i think all are U.S. versions).

fourtwo
08-30-2002, 03:56 AM
i'm on the hunt tomorrow....

haggis
08-30-2002, 10:48 PM
They are all the US versions. Tout le monde aime les exclusives! Vive le Zellers! Keep the good stuff coming! Buy Zellers, buy Canadian! I opened the death star set...very cool. Will crack open an Arena set when the arena playset shows up. Blasters to the left of me...lightsabers to the right....blah...blah...

jjreason
08-31-2002, 12:39 AM
Very nice to be able to get a couple of extra Death Star Troopers for army building. The accessory sets are cheaper than a loose mint version of the old one. I can't tell the difference now that mine are both open - too bad they didn't alter the sculpt a little bit. The battle droid is obvious, the biker scout has more like carbon scoring than the dirty POTJ version, and the Rebel commander has a black goatee instead of dk. brown. Cool sets, but I don't like the orange on the end of the missiles????

haggis
08-31-2002, 09:25 PM
Hoth rebel soldier has Hoth Luke body with old Hoth soldier's head. Bike scout has his 'cod-piece' reversed. I still like these sets despite the rehashed figures. Death Star set is the coolest IMO followed by the Endor set.

DAVID002
09-02-2002, 09:09 AM
I went back to my local Zellers in hopes of
purchasing the rest of the 3 sets
(i only bought the death star accessory
the first visit) & they were all gone.
Tried some other Zellers they were
either sold out or expecting this.

fourtwo
09-02-2002, 03:13 PM
no luck yet, hope to find atleast the endor set soon

Amanamike
09-03-2002, 01:47 AM
Ya they are pretty cool sets. Im amazed Zellers got em. I hope this is going to be anew trend for us here. Zellers and Targets getting same exclusives. But as I look into the packs now that I have them, I do notive how cheap Hasbro has gotten. On some figures they use cheap rubbery plastics. Scout trooper has his @$$ on backwards. And even though the hoth trooper is a Luke body with old POTF hoth trooper head. The least they could do was make a hole for the backpacks to fit in. The over the shoulder harnesses are crap and dont stay on the figures. The best accessory so far is the little senrty tank for the hoth set. Thats cool. And as for the humungous battle mouse droid..well.. Ill leave that to the in house mouse droid sniffers to tell you about.

Bosskman
09-05-2002, 08:51 AM
I found all 4 at the Zellers in Moncton NB by NBCC. Too bad I already bought them on the net. I might get an extra Arena set though, for the extra cloak for Plo Koon. The droid's pretty cool too. I just wish he had the backpack.

teebo_js
09-05-2002, 07:04 PM
I just found all 4 too at my Zellers in Chateauguay, Québec. They only had two of each. They don't expect to have more before christmas they said.

It is strange. I leave near 3 Zellers and they don't have many figures. Maybe 8 or 9 not more... I did not think that i'll foind them one day...

keep looking :)

billfremore
09-06-2002, 09:25 AM
I found mine in 3 trips to 3 different Zellers here in Ottawa.

I love the drum set that comes with the Endor set.

Croaker
09-06-2002, 10:21 AM
I've checked one store so far - the only opportunity that I've had - and they were absolutely sold out. I hope to find them soon.

DarthBrandon
09-09-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Bosskman
I found all 4 at the Zellers in Moncton NB by NBCC. Too bad I already bought them on the net. I might get an extra Arena set though, for the extra cloak for Plo Koon. The droid's pretty cool too. I just wish he had the backpack.

Just found all four at Zellers in Saint John, I only bought the Death Star one though. Thanks for the info Bosskman and company.:D

Greedo9
09-29-2002, 04:24 PM
I picked up the Arena Conflict and the Death Star Accessory packs at Merivale Zellers yesterday in Nepean, Ontario. There was still 2 Hoth, 1 Arena Conflict and 1 Endor Victory pack left after my visit...

jjreason
09-30-2002, 02:56 AM
This was probably the biggest surprise I have ever had shopping for Star Wars stuff. Zellers. Prince Rupert. Hard to find stuff. Something seriously was NOT adding up that day! Thank God (and my wife!!!!) there was money available to pick them all up. Great job, Zellers, now get some regular Saga figs past #38!

teebo_js
09-30-2002, 11:12 AM
Hello!

I asked a friend who works at a locla zellers to check the computer for the accessories packs. I had my old bill with me wich containt the id number.

I checked and said that they will receive 16 pack before october 7. I ask him to keep two for me.

Like i'll already have the 4 packs... I was wondering if i have to buy some more????

Can you help me please.

Still sorry for the bad quality of my english.

:crazed:

Croaker
10-21-2002, 04:01 PM
I checked about half a dozen stores and found nothing!

Only empty pegs - they had been there but they were arll gone!

This was in the GTA

jjreason
10-23-2002, 03:17 PM
2 more full sets up here in PR if anyone is still missing any. Let me know as they went quick last time.

Darkross
10-24-2002, 10:31 AM
I saw the Hoth and DS Trooper accessory packs last weekend here in NB...I wasn't overly impressed with either one. Both looked like the paint detail was just slapped on...and the DS Trooper just doesn't look right to me. I still think that his helmet is wrong...even the POTF2 version sucks! Glad I didn't get pulled in and pay $45.00 CAN for him last summer. I'm not entirely sure that I even want these babies...if anything...the Hoth set looks the best...and the Mouse droid is HUGE! Really dumb if you ask me...it is even bigger than the one that comes with R4M9.

Croaker
10-25-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey, jjreason do you have any idea what it would cost to mail that to Ontario?

jjreason
10-26-2002, 11:26 PM
I would imagine 10 -15 bucks for all 4 boxed up. I got the 3 cantina sets mailed to me from Alberta for less than 10 however, so that might be about right.....they were all still there this am, both complete cases.....

fourtwo
10-27-2002, 01:23 AM
those things look sweet all together, saw a "happy hour" photo on galactic hunter.
heh.
i'm gonna grab a set asap.

mabudonicus
10-27-2002, 06:40 AM
I saw them on thursday at the zellers at fairview mall, here in st.catharines.... I agree with darkross for the most part, though, especially the ds trooper, it's just all wrong, kinda, and the paint ops on the storm trooper helmets, especially, I dunno.....
Anyways, they're here, and they're for sale, if you want them (sorry, I just felt like quoting sw RIGHT NOW!!!)

jjreason
10-27-2002, 12:38 PM
"These are not the accessory sets you're looking for."

"Those aren't the sets we're looking for."

"Move along."

"Move along....move along."

:cool:

Darkross
10-28-2002, 10:44 AM
The reason I say the Deathstar trooper looks dumb...is his helmet. If you compare the following two photos...one is from a deleted scene in ESB and the other is of the Accessory set... the accessory set trooper looks like he's bald. The HELMET is wrong...in my opinion!

Darkross
10-28-2002, 10:45 AM
And here is the accessory set pic...

haggis
10-28-2002, 11:42 PM
It doesn't look as cheesy when you open it. The helmet can be adjusted so your not seeing so much forehead. This is the best accessory pack, IMO. At least until the Arena playset arrives...

Amanamike
10-31-2002, 09:01 PM
Just thought Id say that my Zellers has restocked alot of Saga figures up to the endoe soldier wave w/ beard. And Ive seen the Accessory packs restocked 3 times now. Ive picked up alot of DS trooper sets cause they make great army builders.

fourtwo
11-01-2002, 09:24 AM
gonna check my local one out today, hope to find something neat.
pay day rules!
my pile of loot at work finally gets to come home!
yay saga X-wing!

cadex
11-30-2002, 01:11 AM
has anyone seen the areana playset in canada yet or specifically in moncton , NB ? what about the 12" line I haven seen any around here has anyone?

Darkross
12-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by cadex
has anyone seen the areana playset in canada yet or specifically in moncton , NB ? what about the 12" line I haven seen any around here has anyone?

I haven't seen the Arena playset anywhere...Canada or US. I have seen the 12" Jango and other POJ 12" in Fredericton this past weekend. I don't collect the 12" line so I don't look out for it.

fourtwo
12-02-2002, 11:23 AM
the TRU i work at has them. quite a few too.

mabudonicus
12-03-2002, 01:56 PM
The arena playset is here at tru, last I checked.... don't know the price, it's way too big for my collection, but I know it's available.
Hope this helps!!

cadex
12-05-2002, 09:54 PM
Has anyone seen the elephantmon wave yet in canada is it going to be released in canada? Man this hole us only crap stinks . How are canadian collectors suppose to enjoy it if we can't get it. And this "well order it on the web" Is crap as well cause most companies won't ship to canada, and if they do it cost an arm and a leg and a testicle. Wow who ever said toys are for kids better look again. Its only for those rich ones in the US. My 2 cents for what its worth.

jjreason
12-06-2002, 02:41 AM
Hi Cadex, we've been griping about that in the chat thread. We've heard (third hand) from Hasbro Canada that a few of the last 2002 figures won't be coming up north, Ephant Mon included. I highly recommend looking for a pkg deal of figures you need on ebay, just search for "ephant" on the front page - there's no shortage of them out there. Find a deal for a few you need (and make sure to communicate with the seller about the benefits to you of him marking the pkg as a gift upon shipping). If you collect loose, have him open the figures to save you some more on shipping. You can do it, we all can....but you're definitely right on the money in thinking it shouldn't be so goddamned hard.