PDA

View Full Version : X-mas figures

evenflow
08-29-2002, 03:59 PM
I dont know what the deal is with these, but some guy is selling them on ebay, and rebelscum is reporting that they could possibly be real. I dont know what Hasbro is think ing if they are though.

icatch9
08-29-2002, 04:16 PM
I did a search for christmas figures on ebay and didn't come up with anything. Could you provide a link or some more info.

Mar10Sir
08-29-2002, 04:21 PM
X-mas figures. Do you mean the 2003 figures?

evenflow
08-29-2002, 04:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762717454

Try that, or search for - Star Wars Xmas C3PO R2D2

OCB
08-29-2002, 04:33 PM
http://www.creaturecantina.com/graphics_temp/cits2.JPG

Looks to be a scene from an old Christmas Card, bad idea, very bad

mark2d2
08-29-2002, 04:36 PM
IT is from an old Lucas film Christmas card I believe.

evenflow
08-29-2002, 04:39 PM
I assume Santa Yoda is next.

stad
08-29-2002, 04:54 PM
Words fail me...

Beast
08-29-2002, 04:58 PM
Just like Evenflow said, Rebelscum is saying that they may actually be real. :eek:

Holiday Edition?!?

Dave: As impossible as it may seem, the figures featured in this auction might very well be the real thing. Based on information received about future Hasbro releases, and judging by the sellers previous auctions one can see that his other items have all come to be. As always time will tell, but please be advised right now, if these are legitimate future Hasbro releases, they will be readily available at an affordable price. Itís a good idea to look now and buy later.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
08-29-2002, 05:09 PM
Those two look horrid, but I would defintly buy a Santa Yoda were it ever made. :D

Jargo
08-29-2002, 05:16 PM
Sickening sentimental crud. I seriously doubt even hasbro would churn out crap like that. Isn't that Hallmark's department? Novelty xmas tree hanging things? UGH! *shudders* nasty nasty nasty looking things. It's too horrid to even be funny.

hango fett
08-29-2002, 06:43 PM
oh, poo! i didn't see this thread! mine will probably be merged to here....sorry everyone!!!! won't happen again! (i hope)
h

plo koon 200
08-29-2002, 06:52 PM
WHAT THE HELL!!!

nuff said.

stad
08-29-2002, 06:57 PM
If by some horrendous miracle this slop is churned out, all the completists can rest assured that they will be able to buy them very cheap at clearance.

evenflow
08-29-2002, 07:00 PM
Yakface is reporting :

Initial Confimation Of Santa C-3PO And Reindeer R2-D2
August 29, 2002 | 6:49 PM EST | Bill

A couple of very reliable sources at the Trade Federation have CONFIRMED that the Santa C-3PO and Reindeer R2-D2 will happen. These will be an exclusive to the Fan Club later this year. Keep checking back for more as we get it!

Jedi Drew
08-29-2002, 07:00 PM
I'll pass on them.....I think they su**. I would rather get the Christmas ornaments. :sur: :sur:

hango fett
08-29-2002, 07:28 PM
yeah! the ornaments rock! i'm getting them for my dad for x-mas since HE collects them. not me.
h

Jargo
08-29-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
Yakface is reporting :

Initial Confimation Of Santa C-3PO And Reindeer R2-D2
August 29, 2002 | 6:49 PM EST | Bill

A couple of very reliable sources at the Trade Federation have CONFIRMED that the Santa C-3PO and Reindeer R2-D2 will happen. These will be an exclusive to the Fan Club later this year. Keep checking back for more as we get it!
Yeah, and they'll probably ship with astro mastiff droid and holo amidala and Obi wan with swamp skeeto and Imperial dignitary and R5-D4 and the rest of the ewok 2-packs :crazed:

hango fett
08-29-2002, 07:48 PM
yep. that sounds like hasbro, jargo! i must say...if they make these, i will laugh for a whole day on how bad there profits will be on them! and how bad of shlef warmers they will be.
h

TylerD
08-29-2002, 07:49 PM
As I said in Hango's thread,

That picture is SOOOO fake. I don't know where the antlers came from, but I know the Santa suit came from the "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" figures that came out two years ago. Besides, George Lucas HATED the Holiday Special. He doesn't even want to think it exists. He would never allow Hasbro to get away with this one....

Beast
08-29-2002, 07:52 PM
TylerD, that isn't from the Holiday Special. It's based on one of Lucasfilm's Christmas Cards. If anyone has a picture of the actual card, please post it so people know what is being talked about. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
08-29-2002, 08:00 PM
There are a couple others without the costumes, but here's the card in question:

Beast
08-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Thanks Lord Tenebrous. I knew that someone would have it, I didn't wanna go digging it up. I think it's real, and it makes sense that it's a Fan Club item. Since it would never fly at regular retail with most collector's. Remember people, you don't have to buy it if you don't like it. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thespar
08-29-2002, 11:14 PM
these things look fake. but if they are real i know i am problem one of the last ones to say these but what are the guys out at hasbro smoking. just another one of those thing hasbro think they can get us to buy because it sw.

TylerD
08-30-2002, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the clarification Jar Jar...I totally forgot about those Star Wars X-mas cards...Didn't the fan club sell them a few years ago?

Jayspawn
08-30-2002, 02:20 AM
They look like customs to me. Might be kinda neat if they do get made. A Santa Yoda would be cool.

The SW Fan Club sold the Christmas cards a number of years back. Thats what the figures are from.

sicqnus
08-30-2002, 07:13 AM
Arrrrrrrrghh!!!

I hope these figures are fakes !

They are awful !!! What's that fu.. !!!!

If not. I will certainly send a letter to the FBI. Too much drugs is not good for your health... :happy:

icatch9
08-30-2002, 08:24 AM
Well, I don't know why so many people don't like these. Didn't everyone ask for EU figures? Well, hear ya go :D.

Seriously, I like them. Real or not, I think they are kind of cool. Xmas and Star Wars go hand in hand. How many of us have found memories of early 80's xmas mornings and new star wars toys. It's a natural cross over. These are a bit raw looking, but so are all mock ups that Hasbro does. All a mock up is, is a custome figure by a professional artist.

I like them and definatly will get them.

Still, when's the Hanukah Harry Chewbacca comeing out :D

Sinister Lord
08-30-2002, 08:30 AM
Bah, humbug... I'm not gonna buy em'.

abell748
08-30-2002, 11:23 AM
You have got to be kidding me...

droidekas2
08-30-2002, 11:49 AM
Yeah, Instead of getting awesome figures that we need/want, Hasbros wastes time producing this crap.

evenflow
08-30-2002, 12:26 PM
I wish we could get a real Expanded Universe line going.

Lord Tenebrous
08-30-2002, 12:35 PM
It's a character collectible for children, you know, the little people that Star Wars was originally created for. Or at least people with a child's imagination and appreciation. :)

And so what if Hasbro made it? It's not the first holiday piece, and it won't be the last. Hell, I'm still trying to find a Steinbach Darth Vader nutcracker (another FAO exclusive gone wrong) at a reasonable price...of $100.

JEDIpartner
08-30-2002, 02:01 PM
it's crap... terrible, terrible crap.

Lt Kettch
08-30-2002, 03:20 PM
they look like customs to me

plo koon 200
08-30-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

That is the best description anyone can give JediPartner. Geese, why can't Hasbro hire us to make the figures. I don't think a single one of us can make a figure so horrid, so foul, so unorignal, so lacking in detail. I think it truly is the end of the world. perhaps, Hasbor did buy out Mattel since they have Holiday Editions for their Barbies each year. I think I might quit collecting Star Wars now or at least till Hasbro gets it together.

InsaneJediGirl
08-31-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

I agree:D

Good thing these are exclusive!At least we cant complain about how they would be clogging up precious peg space.

LTBasker
08-31-2002, 08:43 PM
These'll be interesting for about 2 seconds to anyone who doesn't hate them already.

These would be ALOT better as Hallmark Ornaments, not "toys."

(Let me guess, R2's gonna have a swinging antler gimmick? :rolleyes: )

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-31-2002, 11:24 PM
Wow, just when you think Hasbro couldn't sink any lower.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised. Christmas is the season to spend money, (contrary to what the Charlie Brown Christmas Special thinks) and what better way to make a few bucks about the day we celebrate our Lord's supposed birthday by making a few bucks off an android dressed up as Kris Kringle. Tacky it may be, but tell me people won't buy them. I mean c'mon, an R2 droid with antlers, isn't that the cutest thing you ever saw?

Looking at the photos of the auction, they definitely look like customs to me. The Star Tours droid doesn't have any antlers inside the carded. And yes, the C-3PO does look like the Grinch in Santa clothing.

If these were to be released, wouldn't Hasbro have already notified the collectors? It seems we know what will be released early next year, so shouldn't we know what will be released come November/December?

I can just imagine it. Push the button on the R3 droid and listen to him beep to the tune of "Jingle Bells."

Beast
08-31-2002, 11:33 PM
LBC, the Star Tours droids also showed up loose at auction long before they were ever confirmed by Hasbro. So it's quite possible. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:55 PM
funny, Rebelscum thinks they are awsome. :rolleyes:

TylerD
09-01-2002, 03:12 AM
Although I am still skeptical on whether these will be released or not, I still think they are pretty cool. Although they may not be to popular, I know that at least a handful of people will buy them. I would love to have them...and hang them on my tree at Christmas...