PDA

View Full Version : Attention Scalper Haters!

tagmac
08-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Particularly those in the NJ area. I witnessed an extremely disgusting display in the Freehold, NJ Toys R Us earlier today. A pudgy looking dork with glasses, short red hair, and his mother (or was it ugly girlfriend) were loading up their cart with Yoda's. If you see this guy selling figures near you, DON'T BUY THEM! When I realized what was going on, I grabbed the few remaining Yodas I saw and walked away, hiding them at the backs of the pegs in another SW section. I hope these end up in the hands of some kids or real collectors still looking for it.

I saw tons of HD Anakins and Dookus, leading me to believe I had missed out on TA Anakin and Maul, but the only figs going into this moron's cart that I saw were Yodas.

That's right, buddy - if you're reading this, you got caught by a true collector. Grow up, get a life, and do humanity a favor - lose that bright green shirt.....it's not a very flattering color on ANY man.

Mar10Sir
08-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Gosh, that sucks! Ain't good sportsmanship either as far as collecting is concerned. I guess this guy had a very disturbed childhood.

Bet his mom and dad never got him any of the toys he wanted and never showed him the values of sharing with his friends. Surely everything he snatched is gonna' end upon eBay with a VHTF or "rare" description. I wish all the TRU stores restrained shoppers from taking more than two of the same item at checkout (they do that here) that'd help a bit.

Die scalpers! Die!

tagmac
08-29-2002, 03:29 PM
Well, I only witnessed this for a couple minutes, and when I realized what was going on, hid the Yodas and left. I don't know if the store did stop him, but I would have to say it's doubtful - the last time stores actually adhered to that policy was in 1996.

evenflow
08-29-2002, 03:37 PM
I live in NJ, and i see that all the time. It gets really annoying. I have actually seen fights break out in store ailses.

tagmac
08-29-2002, 03:51 PM
This guy was lucky I'm not one of those types. I was ready to say something, but I just walked away. And at one point I thought he AND his mother gave me a dirty look - too bad! As long as no one buys the stuff from him, he'll learn.

Sinister Lord
08-29-2002, 05:23 PM
I hate those guys who buy all of a particular figure, denying the opportunity for someone else to buy it... that just stinks!

Even worse... guys who buy two or three of a particular rare figure and then intentionally damage the remaining packages on the rest of those left behind. I've seen this happen and it made me very angry.

Jedi Drew
08-29-2002, 07:06 PM
OH Boy, here we go again with the SCALPER stories. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: Where should I begin????? Or maybe with the Hot Wheels guys.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

hango fett
08-29-2002, 07:09 PM
makes me gringe! i HATE THEM! what i wouldn't give to hit them in the head with a shopping cart.........grrrr...
h

Jedi Drew
08-29-2002, 08:51 PM
Hango, who do you hate?? The Hot Wheels guys, the scalpers, or BOTH ? Please make your point because between myself and others I'm sure we have a TON of stories about scalpers ect. Or are you post padding...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Chiesa
08-29-2002, 09:44 PM
I sincerely do hope that no one buys anything from him if he reallys tries to be funny and auction those cool little Yodas on eBay... Sculpers of the world, DIE DIE DIE!!!

Cheers :D

rynobot
08-29-2002, 09:48 PM
You girls need to stop friggin crying and stand up for your hobby!

AdmiralPiett
08-30-2002, 03:18 AM
Don't worry. I doubt the profit margin on Yoda figs is very high. He's not exactly hard to find anymore. Granted he's not a pegwarmer (yet), but he's not Ki-Adi either.
Besides, I just checked prices for Yoda on Ebay and this chump will be lucky if he breaks even.
Piett

Darth Detori
08-30-2002, 12:44 PM
::sigh:: another moron who failed kindergarten

Jayspawn
08-30-2002, 02:39 PM
Haha. I would actually stop a scalper if I was in a certain mood. I hope he goes to his comic book shop and gets shot down.

TylerD
08-30-2002, 04:52 PM
Particularly those in the NJ area.

Hey what do you expect? I mean, it IS New Jersey! :D;)

tagmac
08-30-2002, 05:55 PM
Hey, hey now....nothing wrong with New Jersey, lol. :D

I wanted to stop the guy, but honestly, what was I gonna do - start a fight with the guy and go to jail? Tell him that he's wrong at get laughed at? I take a bit of satisfaction out of grabbing the two Yoda's I could and moving them for someone else, but damn, if I wasn't angry. It was when I heard the mother (or ugly girlfriend) say "look, here's more" right after dumping 4 into a cart, and the fact that they were still there 10 minutes later when I'd left, made it clear this was someone out to make a profit. I don't know if they also walked out with all the Dooku's and HD Anakins (which there were lots of), but I hope he gets stuck with all of them! Thankfully, it did not appear that he had any of the two I was actually looking for - TA Anakins or Mauls. It's apparent that that was the case that was on the shelf, but this was in the early afternoon. Those figs were prolly gone in the morning. Of course, I still don't have them

QLD
08-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Well, they are my Yoda's, and I'll do whatever I want with them.

tagmac
08-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Yep, you'll get stuck sitting on them all when no one wants to buy them off you - they're not as valuable as you think.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have our scalper!!

QLD
08-30-2002, 06:17 PM
You'd be surprised. I can sell them to people in Budapest for 30 dollars a piece. They think he is a God over there!

tagmac
08-30-2002, 06:29 PM
Face it, you got caught as a crook, and no one is buying any of your stories. And if no one else wants to back me up on this, that's perfectly fine.

BTW, shopping for Yoda's with your mommy and wearing bright green isn't especially attractive to the ladies, nor is a job description that involves scalping toys. So when you're middle-aged and lonely with only your Yoda's to keep you company in mommy's basement, maybe you'll think about what we've said.

QLD
08-30-2002, 06:45 PM
Green is a very attractive color. All the ladies LOVE it.

And it wasn't my mom, it was my grandmother. She stays very involved in my toy hobby.

And I am married thank you, so I will not be alone. It's a side job for us. I make about 20,000 a year doing it, to go with my other salary. SO it is well worth it.

Hope you didn't need a Yoda. :D

tagmac
08-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Actually, smart-guy, I got mine on 4/23, thank you. Being an honest COLLECTOR, I leave the rest for the kiddies.

QLD
08-30-2002, 07:05 PM
I collect as well. I just also enjoy selling for profit as well as making my own collection.

2-1B
08-30-2002, 08:31 PM
I can't fault you for trying to cover the cost of your collection. :)
It's an expensive hobby, more power to you I guess.

QLD
08-30-2002, 08:43 PM
Yeah, it's GREAT! I just put a down payment on my house with the money I made from hording all of the toys I find, and selling them to sucker collectors. MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Sinister Lord
08-30-2002, 09:14 PM
The evil has been exposed.

QLD
08-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Yeah, it is pretty evil. I ALMOST feel bad for those people who I sold Kit Fisto to for $15. ALMOST!

HAHAHAHAHA BOOOGA BOOGA!!!!!!!!!

jobi
08-30-2002, 09:29 PM
hey QLD I'll give you $24.00 for one of those yodas.

QLD
08-30-2002, 09:31 PM
jobi.....

Well, normally I get 30 for them....but since I know you....I guess I can do that. But $10 dollars shipping too.

Beast
08-30-2002, 09:31 PM
Hey, QLD. Ignore Jobi, I'll give you $48.00 for two of them there Yoda's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
08-30-2002, 09:32 PM
Jar Jar,

OK, but you'll have to pay $20.00 shipping for both of them.

Beast
08-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Cool, do you have any other rare figures. Especially errors and variants. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
08-30-2002, 09:40 PM
I have a Padme Arena, and I also have a Peasant Anakin. $25 a piece.

jobi
08-30-2002, 09:43 PM
Your check is in the mail...So when are you gonna ship them?

QLD
08-30-2002, 09:44 PM
I will ship them as soon as the funds clear in the bank Jobi!

Thanks for the business!

rynobot
08-30-2002, 11:40 PM
QLD, I'm starting a chain of SW toys stores on the east coast and woundered if you wanted to invest in it. Together we could domiante the kids and collectors and charge whatever damn price we like. Imagine, selling Jar Jar Senators for $35.00 each, or C-3P0s for $40.00. There is big money to be had in the SW toys business. :)

stad
08-30-2002, 11:52 PM
Oh, let me in on that! I figure the quickest way to have a million dollars selling Star Wars toys is to start out with about $4 million dollars!

rynobot
08-30-2002, 11:54 PM
sure thing, the more investers the more stores we can open! :)

stad
08-31-2002, 12:01 AM
Notice I didn't say MAKE a million, just end up with a million.

rynobot
08-31-2002, 12:03 AM
doesn't matter, cause I'll have your other 3 million. :)

Unit-01
08-31-2002, 02:52 PM
LOL, OMG, was he taking QLD serious?!?!?! Look where he lives. LOL!!

QLD
08-31-2002, 02:57 PM
I drive very far on my scalping runs. :)

2-1B
08-31-2002, 03:28 PM
Sure, Georgia to Jersey is becoming a pretty common commute. :)

rynobot
08-31-2002, 04:06 PM
I favor the DC/Baltimore area, using the subway makes scalping runs fast and afordable. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-31-2002, 04:48 PM
Is this true, or all bullcrap?

EDIT: Hey Steve, nice automatic cussword-blockout system. In case you were wondering, I didn't say crap. :D

rynobot
08-31-2002, 05:10 PM
I favor the term bullflop, and yes this is all true. :)

tagmac
09-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Well, I must say I'm surprised more people didn't back me up on this one, but, if mr never-used dong is actually telling the truth, then it just proves how pathetic he really is to drive that far to hoard figures. Quite sad, I would say - he should get a real job like the rest of us collectors.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-02-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by tagmac
Well, I must say I'm surprised more people didn't back me up on this one, but, if mr never-used dong is actually telling the truth, then it just proves how pathetic he really is to drive that far to hoard figures. Quite sad, I would say - he should get a real job like the rest of us collectors.

(Whispers to tagmac)

Psssssstttt, he's pulling a fast one on ya.

Except the part when he says he shops with his grandmother. That part is true. :D

TylerD
09-02-2002, 12:10 AM
Okay, can comeone tell me what's going on here? Who is being sarcastic on this issue? Or are they both being sarcastic?

rynobot
09-02-2002, 12:17 AM
as far as I know I have been sarcastic. :)

TylerD
09-02-2002, 12:39 AM
I knew YOU were Rynobot...I am however, confused as to whether tagmac really believes you? Could tagmac be sarcastically acting sarcastic?......LOL....Now I am confusing myself!!!!!!!! ARGGGHGHHHH!

rynobot
09-02-2002, 12:42 AM
I hope everyone took me and QLD sarcasticly. I don't know QLD at all but for some one that has so many posts here it would be hard to believe that they are garbling figures from your local WalMarts. :)

Beast
09-02-2002, 12:46 AM
Rynobot, that is because this is the best place to find out when things are shipping so that we can clear the pegs and make a mint on Ebay. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rynobot
09-02-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Rynobot, that is because this is the best place to find out when things are shipping so that we can clear the pegs and make a mint on Ebay. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ah, I tried to cover up our involvement in the whole SW/Ebay thing but I guess some people just can't keep their mouthes shut. Look like we'll have move along. :)

Beast
09-02-2002, 12:59 AM
Oops, sorry chief. Hey, I found a ton of cases of the Ephant Mon wave. Should we toss them on Ebay at 20.00 a piece? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rynobot
09-02-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Oops, sorry chief. Hey, I found a ton of cases of the Ephant Mon wave. Should we toss them on Ebay at 20.00 a piece? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ah, Victory! We're better off trading them to the shmos here at SSG or over at RS for Saculs, Toy Fair Vaders and Theater Lukes and then selling those for lots and lots of mullay>:greedy: :) :D

QLD
09-02-2002, 02:24 AM
I have a real job. It's called selling toys to suckers who actually work hard for their money! It's Americana at it's best! You're just jealous because I can make a living selling figures that you can't even find! BWHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! :D

Maybe I should change my user name to Precious Roy.... :D

And LBC, Let's get off grandma's, I just got off yours. :)

Jar Jar, I thought we said we were going to go with $25 a piece on the Ephont man??? What gives!!!

rynobot
09-02-2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I have a real job. It's called selling toys to suckers who actually work hard for their money! It's Americana at it's best! You're just jealous because I can make a living selling figures that you can't even find! BWHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! :D

Maybe I should change my user name to Precious Roy.... :D

Jar Jar, I thought we said we were going to go with $25 a piece on the Ephont man??? What gives!!!

I hate to sound like a whining fan boy hear, but when in the hell was I cut out of the SW toys bussiness?:confused:

Okay, maybe my trading idea was farfecthed and I'm sorry for bringing it up. Hard cold cash is what we need in return for these figures. Whatever price we chage for them, be it $20 or $25 we can always charge double or triple the actual shipping costs.:cool:

I

tagmac
09-02-2002, 10:45 AM
Well, Tyler, I wasn't lying about what I witnessed at TRU - that was true and really did disgust me. Honestly, I wasn't sure who to believe in this one, but if all these guys were just pretending to be that scalper I saw just to drive me nuts, then mission accomplished. Lowly Bantha, thanks for clearing this up for me for the time being.

Turbowars
09-02-2002, 12:16 PM
I can't believe you guys are going to sell a C-3PO for $40. I hope you feel all warm and coozy inside. It's people like you take give collectors a bad name. I think I'm going to give all my stuff away and become a Monk. That's it I quite!

QLD
09-02-2002, 01:15 PM
I do feel warm and cozy thanks! And if you're giving it away, I'll take it. That would be one killer profit.

rynobot
09-02-2002, 02:05 PM
Hey QLD, I have found a way to buy SW figures for free. :)

Darth Vellner
09-02-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by tagmac
A pudgy looking dork with glasses, short red hair, and his mother (or was it ugly girlfriend) were loading up their cart with Yoda's.
the only figs going into this moron's cart that I saw were Yodas.

Man if that was me I would of jumped in his cart and smashed all those figures so he would not buy them (the kids don't care about smashed bubbles) And almost ALL collectors have him by now!

tagmac
09-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Believe me, I would have loved to. I think punching him also crossed my mind. However, either action would have gotten me either arrested or banned from the store, so I just hid the few Yodas I could grab and left.

Beast
09-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Violence is not the answer. That is a worse thing then scalping, and a hell of alot more illegal. Let him buy all the Yoda's, since Hasbro keeps shipping them I doubt he'll even get what he payed for them in the long run. He's certainly not getting a mint for them anyway. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
09-02-2002, 06:07 PM
This is one of the most interesting threads I've read in years. QLD, I salute you.

TylerD
09-02-2002, 06:30 PM
I agree Twodot...hey, what's the story behind your avatar dude??

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!

I wouldn't brag about that.

No wonder she's been so frisky lately.

Old Fossil
09-02-2002, 10:02 PM
TylerD, that's Tom Baker, the Doctor (from the BBC series 'Dr. Who'). Of all the incarnations of the Doctor (there have been many), Baker's portrayal is my favorite. I grew up watching Dr. Who reruns on PBS in the Eighties.

Val Da Car
09-02-2002, 10:07 PM
I believe the good Doctor is eating a Jelly Baby....mmm good treat....
Twodot, I watched too much Dr. Who also

Old Fossil
09-02-2002, 10:12 PM
Yeah. While I was watching Dr. Who, my little brother was probably destroying what would today be considered a fortune in vintage Star Wars figures...

Val Da Car
09-02-2002, 10:59 PM
My sister returned the same favor to me....Vintage Leia...whoops no head!!!

oh darn....

Stoopid Barbies got some decapation action too....but not the vintage G.I. Joe .....six wheeled jeep....that was the bomb but I digress....

SCAPLERS SUCK......

now back to our program.