PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Droid #6 Revealed - R4-M9 (Or not)!!??

Beast
08-29-2002, 04:49 PM
StarWars.Com's Cargo bay has images up of the 6th droid in the series, R4-M9. While the name is the same as the white and green droid from the POTJ line, the coloring is different. His panals are a baby blue/aquamarine color, instead of green. They have him scheduled for a August release. So we have 6 so far, with another 3 to rumored to be revealed. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
08-29-2002, 05:06 PM
He's pretty. :D

Better paint job (so far) than the POTJ version, and the leg is retracted so the 'bent leg' problem is removed. The big difference is the lack of vertical stripes, which would make a POTJ custom harder.

I can live with two R4-M9s in the galaxy...I want him. :)

evenflow
08-29-2002, 05:25 PM
Not bad. I hope the last 3 are really awesome.

JEDIpartner
08-29-2002, 05:56 PM
I just spoke to an operator for the 1-800 number and she said there are only going to be 6 made. They will be selling them as soon as they get them in... possibly Late September. They are not offering them until all of the pieces are in stock.

Beast
08-29-2002, 06:01 PM
The operator's don't know anymore then we do though, JEDIpartnr. Heck, most of the time they actually know less. Back when the first 2 came out, they said that would be all. And then R3-D3 was revealed. And then it was a set of 3. Then 2 more popped up, and then finally the 6th figure. I wouldn't be suprised to see a 3rd set of 3. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
08-29-2002, 06:02 PM
I heard about this but didn't have any confirmation. Thanks!

Jedi Drew
08-29-2002, 07:12 PM
O.K. I know that Sir Steve is in good old Florida that I just came back from on vacation BUT.......I spoke with the lady at Once Upon A Toy and she told me that there were only THREE more figures being released at the end of September. I did pick up the first three that's how I got talking to her about the next three.

The True Maul
08-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Looks Good Can't wait to get it!! Thanks JarJar for posting the pics!!!:)

Jedi Drew
08-29-2002, 07:40 PM
Cool avatar Maul!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

The True Maul
08-29-2002, 08:48 PM
My friend called and the lady also said that there where only six.Thanks Jedi Drew!!!! :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-30-2002, 06:34 PM
I don't have either releaeses of R4-M9, but of course I'll be getting both. :D

TylerD
08-30-2002, 06:48 PM
I don't have ANY of the Star Tours figures......YET....they all look pretty awesome.

The True Maul
08-30-2002, 07:25 PM
I don't have any either but I should be getting them soon I hope!:( :)

rynobot
08-31-2002, 12:58 AM
too bad Sir Steve couldn't hook us up with the Star Tours figures. :( I mean we are nice enough to visit his site and act as if it the bestest SW figure site in the world and all. ;)

corporal AMF
09-01-2002, 12:18 AM
Anyone knows which online store sell this beautys for cheap??????
thanks

rynobot
09-01-2002, 12:26 AM
you're better off calling the disney number, you'll pay the retail price aplus shipping, anywhere else you'll have to pay a markup price, unless you get lucky on E-Bay.

Rogue II
09-01-2002, 08:18 PM
What? No Mouse Droid? I am outraged!

vulcantouch
09-21-2002, 12:08 PM
oh well, it looks purty cool so i guess i'll be countin on jt, ss, thrawn, gsj or some other disneyvisitor who owes me a favor to bag me one (go ahead & get my pal tokyo joe one too while you're at it plz) :)

JangoFart
09-23-2002, 11:26 PM
Here's a dude selling them on eBay for a great price! I got a set from him and am waiting to receive it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1770359431

J

JangoFart
09-30-2002, 11:50 AM
I got my wave 2 Star Tours figures in today from the eBay dude I listed above. They are in great shape! I'll use this dude again.

The WEG-1618 has, like, a bubblosaurus on its card! That thing is HUGE! Too big for the figure, actually. "It's got its own weather system!"

J

Turbowars
10-06-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by JangoFart
I got my wave 2 Star Tours figures in today from the eBay dude I listed above. They are in great shape! I'll use this dude again.

The WEG-1618 has, like, a bubblosaurus on its card! That thing is HUGE! Too big for the figure, actually. "It's got its own weather system!"

J HAHALOL JangoFart, I thought the same thing when I saw it. A friend got me one in really good shape. Does it fit in a star case 2?

JangoFart
10-07-2002, 03:44 AM
Hey, Turbo.

Yeah, it fits the SC2. But, I mean BARELY. Is it just me, or is that a GOOD 1/2 inch too much bubble for that figure? Just the way they have him set in the bubble leaves AT LEAST a 1/2 inch of nuttin' behind him. They could have stood him up straight and narrowed down that monstrosity.

But, alas, Mr. Hasbro didn't call ol' JangoFart on the phone and ask his opinion. :) Which leads to the question of eternity: If a fanboy complains and nobody is around who gives a rat's, does the complaint make any sound? :)

I'm still looking for an Ephant to answer my own question of whether that sucker will fit an SC2. Don't know about him...

"Heed! Down!! Now!!"

J

Turbowars
10-07-2002, 06:38 PM
No Jango, it's not just you, there's a good 1/2" allright! Well if this guy fits in a SC 2, then I bet Mon will.

kdp100
02-04-2003, 08:18 AM
Just out of interest....
Is there any recognized EU explanation as to why we have two different R4-M9s?
Is this an oversight by Disney/Hasbro, is it supposed to be the same droid rebuilt, or are they just two separate droids with the same number?
(I suppose there are only so-many R#-$# combinations...)

I know this is probably a pointless question and doesn't really matter, but so many characters and droids seem to have semi-offical back-stories that I thought I'd ask anyway.