PDA

View Full Version : How was Darth Maul trained?

Chewtobacco
08-29-2002, 05:54 PM
We all know that Maul was trained by Sideous. But how and when? Palpatine was a resident of Naboo and their planet's senator. To train an apprentice takes time. To choose an apprentice takes time. Where did he get all this extra time to #1 become a master of the dark side and #2 come up with this awesome plot to overthrow the republic and #3 become a mentor and master of a sith apprentice?

Also, was Darth Maul still a sith apprentice when he fought Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan or was he a Sith (gone thru the trials and such)?

JesusFreak
08-29-2002, 06:28 PM
Well I believe lotsa that is explained in Darth Maul's Journal but anyways I'm guessing Sidious came up with the plan before he became Senator and everything, he coulda trained Maul then too. And there is no just normal sith, only master and apprentice, Maul only would have become master if Sidious had died and Maul had trained someone as his apprentice

mini-rock
09-12-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Chewtobacco
We all know that Maul was trained by Sideous. But how and when? Palpatine was a resident of Naboo and their planet's senator. To train an apprentice takes time. To choose an apprentice takes time. Where did he get all this extra time to #1 become a master of the dark side and #2 come up with this awesome plot to overthrow the republic and #3 become a mentor and master of a sith apprentice?

Also, was Darth Maul still a sith apprentice when he fought Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan or was he a Sith (gone thru the trials and such)?

The man never slept. In the visual dictionary it says "Close aides say that Palpatine sometimes works for days without sleeping." :)

JediTricks
09-12-2002, 06:04 PM
I would guess that Maul was trained from almost birth on Coruscant, perhaps in the lower levels, maybe an entire sector down there that Palpatine secretly owned.

Lman316
09-13-2002, 12:25 AM
Or, maybe, Sidious really *insert "shocking" music here* isn't Palpatine, as most of us were thinking....:D

Or, then again, maybe not :p

The Overlord Returns
09-13-2002, 12:17 PM
well, hasn't it been said somewhere that DM was a failure as a fledgling jedi? Hence his eventual hatred for them?

Clearly he had some force training, and the darkside is easier to master and reap the rewards of. I'm thinking he started in with the sith thing around 13 or 14'

mini-rock
09-13-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
well, hasn't it been said somewhere that DM was a failure as a fledgling jedi? Hence his eventual hatred for them?

Really? If anyone knows more info on this I'd like to know. :)

JediTricks
09-14-2002, 03:08 PM
I believe Overlord has DM confused with Aurra Sing.

The Overlord Returns
09-19-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I believe Overlord has DM confused with Aurra Sing.

Thats very possible....I am often confused... :crazed:

mini-rock
09-19-2002, 08:43 PM
If I remember correctly, Aurra Sing didn't really fail as a "fledgling Jedi". She was stolen from "The Dark Woman" by pirates when she was 9, and didn't have a chance to finish her training.

Darth Sidious
09-29-2002, 06:04 PM
"The Dark Woman?" Geez...The EU people are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for names these days aren't they? Does anyone know where to find Darth Maul's Journal?

mini-rock
09-29-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
"The Dark Woman?" Geez...The EU people are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for names these days aren't they?

:p Actually I read that in the book I got with Aurra Sing about a year ago, and other than completing my Ep1 12" figure collection, I have no interest in the EU.:)

Bobajames
10-11-2002, 11:57 PM
The Star Wars Insider has said that Darth Maul is the same race as council member Eeth Koth. They said he was taken by Sidious when he was a child and trained brutally to be a killing sith machine.

mini-rock
10-12-2002, 01:17 AM
I KNEW IT!!! Does it show any pics in the Insider?

Bobajames
10-12-2002, 11:11 PM
nope sorry, it's actually a very small thing more about eeth koth than maul. All it says is "(darth maul) was taken when he was a child and brutally trained by sidious to eliminate the jedi" I wish it said more... oh well

mini-rock
10-16-2002, 04:12 AM
ou know, they could make an entire movie to cover this subject. They should.:D

The Overlord Returns
10-16-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Bobajames
nope sorry, it's actually a very small thing more about eeth koth than maul. All it says is "(darth maul) was taken when he was a child and brutally trained by sidious to eliminate the jedi"

LOL! He did a great job.....grand total of one Jedi eliminated.

mini-rock
10-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

LOL! He did a great job.....grand total of one Jedi eliminated.

Well it's not because he wasn't capable. Sideous kept him on a short leash to keep the existance of the Sith a secret. From what I understand, Maul did kill quite a allot people at the order of Sideous. It was obvious that after Maul killed Qui-Gon, and had bested Obi-Wan, that he became overconfident by toying with Obi-Wan. That's why Obi-Wan was able to gather himself while he was hanging in that pit, and caught Maul off his gaurd.

mm74md
04-23-2003, 03:12 PM
My question is, How did Palpatine become this super evil Sith Lord? Wouldn't he have to be trained by someone or what?

Pendo
04-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
My question is, How did Palpatine become this super evil Sith Lord? Wouldn't he have to be trained by someone or what?

I think Palpy was trained by a previous Sith lord, who was trained by a previous sith lord, etc. There is probably a huge chain of Sith Lords leading all the way back for about a millennium. The Sith's biggest secret was that they were patient, they were believed to be extinct but were infact in hiding, waiting for the right moment to strike.

PENDO!

mm74md
04-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Good theory. Makes sense!