PDA

View Full Version : Queen's Royal Decoy Thoughts?

SirSteve
08-15-2001, 07:48 PM
What do you think of the new Queen Amidala's Royal Decoy (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=26&show_article=455)?

JediTricks
08-15-2001, 09:57 PM
This figure looks pretty good, quite accurate and well-designed. Hopefully, the finished product will look equally fine. It's weird how some of the Queen figures have the heads separate from the headdresses, but I don't think this one does (I heard there were problems with some Theed Amidala figures, maybe that's why it's different).

All in all, Hasbro looks like they did another competent job on the Queen series. After that first Ep 1 Queen Amidala figure, I can't think of one that's not "pretty good".

bigbarada
08-16-2001, 12:25 AM
I'll have to see the whole body first. So far looks pretty good.

Although, I'm more interested in the classic trilogy figures right now, so I doubt I'll buy her.

JEDIpartner
08-16-2001, 10:12 AM
Like most of the Queen figures... I think she is AWESOME!

I can't wait! I already have one on order for me!

...now we need some handmaidens!

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 10:29 AM
I think a handmaiden 2-pack would be pretty cool.

bigbarada
08-16-2001, 12:16 PM
Since the handmaidens outfits changed depending on what Amidala was wearing, then maybe they should pack one hand maiden in with each Amidala, corresponding with which gown she's wearing.

Which would be a problem if you wanted multiple handmaidens, since you would also end up with multiple Amidalas.

I think Hasbro should just bite the bullet and put aside conventional wisdom and make a mini-line of figures based on Amidala and her handmaidens, similar to the Princess Leia collection but with a lot better sculpts.

Anybody with me?

the master jedi
08-16-2001, 03:01 PM
I really can't wait for this figure to come out. I've wanted this one to come out for a long time.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2001, 04:45 PM
I've been waiting for Hasbro to make more of the dressed-up Queens. The Coruscant outfit was pretty ornate and IMO is the better of the two gowned Queen figures.

What else is there?

Palpatine quarters dress
Coruscant platform dress (going back to Naboo)
Final celebration dress
Handmaiden dress (for Padme)

It seemed like there were umpteen costume changes in the movie, but I can only think of these three that haven't been done yet.

JediTricks
08-17-2001, 02:05 AM
MC, that's about it. Coruscant Amidala is incomplete without her overcoat, so you could say that one too, but other than that, your list is accurate as far as I can remember.

GNT
08-17-2001, 03:05 AM
YEAH its pretty cool although I too will wait to see the bottom half of Her but so far I'm impressed!

QLD
08-17-2001, 03:52 AM
I can't wait to see the botom half either GNT! :D

evenflow
08-17-2001, 09:11 AM
Nice. Hasbro must keep up the good work.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-17-2001, 11:09 AM
Take a cold shower QLD. Hasbro is not only going to paint underwear on this version, but will also add a miniature chastity belt.

Lobito
09-04-2001, 05:43 PM
Already in my check list, this figures are good cuzz u can see alll the detail in the dress, the face, etc.

ILIKEIT!!