PDA

View Full Version : New Han in Hoth gear?

Sinister Lord
08-30-2002, 11:08 AM
Will we ever see a new Han in Hoth gear? I've been looking over some of the figures from the original POTF2 line on orange cards. The ones that never got reissued on green cards were Hoth Han and Dagobah Luke. We got another Hoth Han with a Tauntaun... but it was very rare and I think a lot of folks missed it.

I think it is time we got a new or reissued Han in Hoth gear. And another Dagobah Luke would be good too. I also wouldn't mind seeing some more Jawas and perhaps a reissue of the Death Star Gunner at some point. Anyone else want to see these?

Personally my top priority would be for a Dagobah playset (Yoda's hut) with new Luke in Dagobah fatigues, perhaps with a Yoda sculped in the backpack for Luke to carry on his back. I think this would be a great toy for Hasbro to produce in the Saga line and it would go perfectly with already produced Dagobah X-wing.

But I'd also like to see a new carded Han in Hoth gear... considering how many reissues we have had of the Bespin Han and blue pants Han... I think a Hoth version it is long overdue.

abell748
08-30-2002, 11:14 AM
I agree. We need a Hoth Han with his hood up and in a less bulked up form.

Darkross
08-30-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Sinister Lord
I think it is time we got a new or reissued Han in Hoth gear. And another Dagobah Luke would be good too. I also wouldn't mind seeing some more Jawas and perhaps a reissue of the Death Star Gunner at some point. Anyone else want to see these?

Yes I do...I would like to have a new Han in Hoth Gear with hood up like in the movie. I would also love to see a re-release of the DeathStar Gunner with articulated knees so he can sit down. Include a console and a battery and you've got yourself a deluxe figure! I could care less about the Dagobah Luke....I want a Endor Capture Luke and an Emperor's wrath battle damage Luke.

Jayspawn
08-30-2002, 11:28 AM
Yeah, we could use another Han in Hoth gear. Another Dagobah Luke would be great, a Yoda sculpted into a backpack is a good idea. And I think we need a playset of Yoda's Hut.

sith_killer_99
08-30-2002, 11:34 AM
We got Yoda's hut!

It was released in the Shrek line.;)

evenflow
08-30-2002, 11:44 AM
I could go for Yoda's Hut, but no need for another Han in my opnion.

hango fett
08-30-2002, 12:03 PM
that's like asking for an new luke in jedi gear (ROTJ) we will get one evwentually, nut probably not for some time....but i would really like one!
h

Sinister Lord
08-30-2002, 12:12 PM
I've just been really disappointed with what they are doing with Han lately. The ones from the POTJ line were terrible choices... I mean, another Bespin Han and two more in the blue pants? As if we didn't have enough of those already!

Give us something different for a change... at least the Saga one had brown pants, that's a step in the right direction, something slightly different.

hango fett
08-30-2002, 12:21 PM
actually, i think that the saga one is not as good as the commtech one. i just got both of them out of the pack and i think the han one is to pre-posed(saga one that is) the commtech dosen't really have a good arm poses, but i can live with them.
h

stad
08-30-2002, 01:40 PM
Maybe I'm just being confused with the vintage figure, but didn't Han have the big blue parka in the movie as well? If so, why does his figure look like a rebel soldier? I've wondered this since the figure came out, and I'm really surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar about it. I hope I'm not wrong here, and I am confusing the classic figure with the movie.

Old Fossil
08-30-2002, 01:53 PM
The POTJ Bespin Han and Death Star Escape Han are two of the best Han sculpts to date. The CommTech Han was superb. Those three are among my favorite figures, and I am not generally a big fan of Han Solo.

A new Hoth Han is definitely in order, though! He should have elbow articulation to allow him to hold a scanner (like the one that came with K-3PO, and maybe even a blue lightsaber in addition to his blaster pistol. Ideally, Hasbro would release this new Han with a Tauntaun, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Darth Sidious
08-30-2002, 03:00 PM
I would like the Emperor's wrath Luke. They could resculpt each character from that scene. New Luke which would fulfill the new Jedi Luke thing, new Vader (I know we have many Vaders, but they could redo the EW Vader with a partially see through torso and stuff and more articulation) and a new Palpy. Just my opinion.

Lord Tenebrous
08-30-2002, 03:04 PM
actually, i think that the saga one is not as good as the commtech one. i just got both of them out of the pack and i think the han one is to pre-posed(saga one that is) the commtech dosen't really have a good arm poses, but i can live with them.

The CommTech Han is extremely scene-specific. The only thing that saved the figure was the fact that the articulation was useful. His left hand is posed exactly the way he appears in the Greedo scene, and his left leg is articulated to be slung up onto his table.

Maybe I'm just being confused with the vintage figure, but didn't Han have the big blue parka in the movie as well? If so, why does his figure look like a rebel soldier? I've wondered this since the figure came out, and I'm really surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar about it. I hope I'm not wrong here, and I am confusing the classic figure with the movie.

The big problem with Han is the face. Next sculpting techniques can make the outfit more photo-realistic, it could use some paint accents and a snow wash. Plus the whole de-buffing issue.

Mar10Sir
08-30-2002, 03:16 PM
I'm personally satisfied with the Tauntaun Han Solo. Can't think of the use for another Dagobah Luke & Yoda. To me the POTF2 Luke with Yoda in the backpack do the job. Yeah, he's a bit hulky all right, but not as much as the original POTF2 Luke.

The idea for the deluxe Death Star Gunner is cool, though. Still, the Jabba Sail Barge cannon would do as a Death Star cannon (with a little customizing) but a more poseable gunner with cannon, console and all would be all right.

Sinister Lord
08-30-2002, 09:13 PM
Hmmmm... a deluxe Death Star Gunner with the big gun. That is a cool idea, I hadn't thought of that.

Bib Forlobster
08-31-2002, 12:53 AM
I have been waiting for a more accurate version of Hoth Han Solo for a while now. I never understood why they made him the way they did for the POTF2 line. I only saw the better version included with the Tauntaun once at a collectible store for an inflated price. I figured they would be hitting the Toys R Us eventually, but never saw it again.

Another figure that I would like to see is the Cloud Car Pilot. I know, I know, some of you might think it's pretty lame, but I always liked this figure from the original line. Also, we're due for a Cloud Car! Why did they bother making a concept drawing version before actually doing a movie correct version. They already have the mold from the original back in 1980. From a money point of view, this ship would be very affordable to the collector. Alot of collectors would want more than one for dioramas and Hasbro could sell two Cloud Car Pilot figures for every one Cloud Car Vehicle they sold. It seems like a no brainer.

I like the idea of a resculpt on the Dagobah Luke. Another figure that needs to be redone is R5-D4. What were they thinking with that missile launching version?!?!

stad
08-31-2002, 01:00 AM
All of those figure wants have been covered in posts here previously. Actually, it seems most people are clamoring for the Cloud Car and a carded pilot.

jjreason
08-31-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by stad
Maybe I'm just being confused with the vintage figure, but didn't Han have the big blue parka in the movie as well?

The coat was in fact brown, believe it or not. The figure color is based on the prop, not the way it looks on film. I of course would like to have a new Han, with hood up and snow treatment as someone said above. But I want him in a dark brown coat that LOOKS blue, like the one in the movie!:rolleyes: :D

rynobot
08-31-2002, 04:02 AM
i am han in hoth gear :)

stad
08-31-2002, 04:16 PM
Yeah, as long as it's movie accurate, that's all I really care about. I think a new one like this would be great, the POTF2 version was the most disappointing figure in the line for me, other than the hulked up first releases.

Mar10Sir
08-31-2002, 06:08 PM
Ok... IF they're gonna actually make a new one let's have it with the Hood up, removable goggles, better arm articulation and maybe, just maybe, a lightsaber for splitting open the Tauntaun's belly.

:D

Ya' hear, Hasbro?

bigbarada
08-31-2002, 08:11 PM
Even though his coat was brown, it REALLY, REALLY looks blue. Either they changed it last minute before filming or the coloring is just so terrible that that one single shade of brown came out blue, while every other color in the shot looked fine. Yep, I think they just changed the color of the coat last minute. So let's have him with a blue coat.

With hood-up and bendable knees, maybe even articulated enough to fit on Luke's TaunTaun for those who missed out on the Han w/ TaunTaun.

However, no snow-blown paint all over him. If you really want white flecks of paint all over your Han Solo then do it yourself. Enough with this scene specific crap!:frus:

Rogue II
08-31-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Even though his coat was brown, it REALLY, REALLY looks blue. Either they changed it last minute before filming or the coloring is just so terrible that that one single shade of brown came out blue, while every other color in the shot looked fine. Yep, I think they just changed the color of the coat last minute. So let's have him with a blue coat.

From what I heard, the coat appeared blue because of some filters they used on the cameras.

:confused:

No, it doesn't make any sense to me either, I'm just telling you what I heard.:)

Anyway, I'd like to see this figure released. The removeable goggle idea should be easy, I've seen 3 3/4" SWAT and WWII army figures with removeable goggles.

A tauntaun and a new hoth Rebel trooper would be a nice.

bigbarada
09-01-2002, 01:17 AM
Basically they should just make the coat blue because it just looks so much better that way.

stad
09-01-2002, 02:11 AM
Okay, I've given up, let's just stop kidding ourselves, it's BLUE! Make the figure with a blue coat, and stop screwing around! BLUE, BLUE, BLUE!!! We're not ALL color-blind, so stop screwing us around and give us a Hoth Han Solo with the BLUE jacket he is so obviously wearing in the film. Thank you!

Beast
09-01-2002, 02:33 AM
Yes, the actual coat that is in the Lucasfilm Archives is brown. But the camera filters that was used during filming for Hoth makes it appear Blue. If you look close at it in some shots of it out in the natural light in the exterior shots, you can see that it's brown. The best time to look is when Han leans over Luke when he finds him passed out unconscious. There is a picture on the forums somewhere, but hell if I can find it again. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
09-01-2002, 08:28 AM
I found a picture of Han on Hoth where his jacket looks brown. Its close to the same color jacket on the POTF2 Hoth Han.

Beast
09-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Thanks for digging that up RogueII. See, in the exterior shots the actual coat color is easily visible. In the interior shots of the Hoth base the jacket looks blue because of filters and lighting. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-02-2002, 01:44 PM
So is it blue or brown??? JK. Hey we should get some of these figs next year, don't you think guys? In a non movie year we get all the real cool stuff!

Rogue II
09-02-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
So is it blue or brown??? JK. Hey we should get some of these figs next year, don't you think guys? In a non movie year we get all the real cool stuff!

I would think we should be getting some cool Classic Trilogy stuff. This year was a movie year and we still got some pretty cool CT figures, so the next couple years should be awesome (I hope).