PDA

View Full Version : New DeathStar Gunner PLEASE!!!

Darkross
08-30-2002, 11:41 AM
I would love to see a new DeathStar Gunner released....

In two forms:

FORM A:

1. Have articulated knees (so he can sit down)
2. Come with a DeathStar Gunner's console

FORM B:
2. Come with a DeathStar battery
3. Come with two other DeathStar Gunners that help man the battery

Both could be Deluxe figures (not exclusives!)

HASBRO.....HASBRO.....Are you listening???

Rogue II
08-30-2002, 11:52 AM
How about he comes with a Turbo blaster similar to the one that came with the vintage Death Star?

Either way, a new Death Star Gunner would be cool.

Darkross
08-30-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
How about he comes with a Turbo blaster similar to the one that came with the vintage Death Star?

Either way, a new Death Star Gunner would be cool.

Yes a Turbo Blaster (Laser, Battery) whatever you call it...would be nice if it was included with the DeathStar Gunner!

Jayspawn
08-30-2002, 03:42 PM
I'd like a new Death Star Gunner.

"Bring it on Hasbro!"

bigbarada
08-31-2002, 04:09 AM
I'm all for it!:cool:

Darth Evil
08-31-2002, 06:44 AM
I'd like to see this, as long as he's nice and shiny, like the POTF2 one, and has an Imperial Blaster.

AdmiralPiett
09-01-2002, 05:10 AM
Good idea. I don't have the vintage one or the potf2 one.
Piett

Darkross
09-05-2002, 11:29 AM
Here is a cool picture I found for a New DeathStar Gunner with Battery. I credit the creator of the custom design Henri Venne as depicted in the picture.

COOL Picture...if only Hasbro would release such a gem!

Dark Knight
09-05-2002, 11:57 AM
Sweet. Count me in as wanting a couple.

Hasbro are you listening?

thespar
09-05-2002, 11:03 PM
that will be cool put me down for one.

JediCole
09-16-2002, 11:42 PM
Though the custom Death Star Gun Battery is very cool, it is not entirely accurate. But that is often the difficulty with making such customs. However, it does illustrate that the gunnery station would be a perfect choice for the Deluxe line.

The suggestion that it be something akin to the gun from the Death Star Playset is along the lines of what I have in mind. A gunner with articulated elbows and knees would be a must, and the various components could be dismantled in the packaging, as with the gun from the Deluxe Leia.

Rogue II
09-17-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by JediCole
Though the custom Death Star Gun Battery is very cool, it is not entirely accurate. But that is often the difficulty with making such customs. However, it does illustrate that the gunnery station would be a perfect choice for the Deluxe line.

The suggestion that it be something akin to the gun from the Death Star Playset is along the lines of what I have in mind. A gunner with articulated elbows and knees would be a must, and the various components could be dismantled in the packaging, as with the gun from the Deluxe Leia.

I was thinking the same thing...similar to the old Death Star Playset. I don't know if they could fit it into a Deluxe package or if they would box it similar to the Reek or the Saga Speeders. I don't have a preference, I just want them made.

I would really like a whole line of these "mini" playsets, like the cantina bar sets.

DarthBrandon
09-25-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Darkross
I would love to see a new DeathStar Gunner released....

In two forms:

FORM A:

2. Come with a DeathStar Gunner's console

FORM B:
2. Come with a DeathStar battery
3. Come with two other DeathStar Gunners that help man the battery

Both could be Deluxe figures (not exclusives!)

HASBRO.....HASBRO.....Are you listening???

Hey Darkross, how are things with you? I was reading your post about the new Death Star Gunner and I came up with this, if Hasbro doesn't do one then you could make one out of three possible figures. These figures are:

1. Death Star Gunner (head and torso)
2. Imperial Officer (arms)
3. Darth Maul (speeder version) or the Tie Pilot (Tie Intercepter) for the legs.

Assemble all these parts using the boil and pop method and then cut the inside part of the torso to separate them and then place legs arms, and head together and glue the torso piece back together.

Presto a new Death Star Gunner with bendable legs and turning arms to stand at attention or sit down. For the Death Star Battery you could have one made at a machine shop out of some light steel, wood or tin, using the picture you have as a starting point.

Just a thought. :D

Rogue II
11-20-2002, 06:33 PM
Well, looks like Hasbro is making this one come true. Thanks Hasbro!

Jargo
11-20-2002, 08:21 PM
Perhaps. It's not certain if this is supposed to be the laser battery or the control console, (y'know the one that's in sections like a pie and is seen in several places around the death star?) One thing is certain we're possibly getting a new death star gunner but how he might be packaged and what with is still just dust in the wind.

Jayspawn
11-21-2002, 01:04 AM
I'd like a deluxe Death Star Gunner with articulated knees and gunner station.

Darkross
12-03-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I'd like a deluxe Death Star Gunner with articulated knees and gunner station.

From the rumour list on GalacticHunter.com...we're getting one...only it's going to be a Target exclusive...ARGH!