PDA

View Full Version : Why arent there any black lego mini figures?

Needles
08-30-2002, 01:26 PM
I have always wondered why lego has never made any black mini figs,any one else ever thought of this?LEGO should at least make black mini figs for the StarWars line (mace Windu,Captain Panaka,Captain Typho) there important characters in the SW universe so why dont they build them,do you think LEGO shoould make black Mini Figs?I think they should.

JediTricks
08-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Needles, check out this thread from a while back: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8002

Jayspawn
09-06-2002, 12:04 AM
There arn't exactly any 'white' lego mini-figures either. They're all yellow!

icatch9
09-06-2002, 07:57 AM
That's very interesting. I never thought of that befor. Out off all the years there has never been another color used to make a person other than yellow. Wow! I agree with the fact that Lego is scared to make a black person into a lego. I know outside of the SW universe they haven't really made that many characters, but still there are many men of color that need a figue in the SW line. How can they leave out Mace and Lando without everyone knowing what they are doing. Seems like a powder keg just waiting to go off.

JediTricks
09-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Yeah, it seems like a powderkeg to me too, and I'd rather have yellow Lando than no Lando. I wish Lego the best of luck, but I don't think there's an easy answer on this one.

sith_killer_99
09-06-2002, 05:45 PM
Actually, Darth Maul is red and black, and Darth Vader is gray.

Here is a scan:

sith_killer_99
09-06-2002, 05:52 PM
And who could forget lovable little Yoda. Although he really dosen't count, since he IS an alien, kinda like Chewbacca, the head is sculpted.

Another pic:

Needles
09-06-2002, 07:13 PM
im not talkling about like pure black legos,Im talking about how there are no african american legos

JediTricks
09-07-2002, 03:18 PM
I think we all knew what you meant Needles.

SK99, Maul is an alien and Vader is sickly, but you're right, Vader is already an exception, as is Prof Snape from the Harry Potter line.

LusiferSam
09-07-2002, 10:48 PM
So is the Mummy from the '98 Adventurers. But I don't think Lego to make Lando mini figure because of how big an issue it could be for them. No matter what they do, its a problem.

JediTricks
09-10-2002, 12:55 AM
Yeah, but the Mummy is dead. :D

Darth Vellner
09-10-2002, 01:13 AM
I did not think Captain Typho was african american.....??
What about Jar Jar???
It's odd that they have made NONE! All these years and not one!
maybe its good, like we are all the same "YELLOW"?????
we assume that white people in lego form are yellow, but maybe yellow is the color for all human's and all races in lego form
I had a cowboys and Indians set as a kid and both were yellow...

JediTricks
09-10-2002, 01:22 AM
You're right, the actor who played Typho isn't black, he's Samoan.