PDA

View Full Version : Just 1 replica, need thoughts

Jayspawn
08-30-2002, 06:04 PM
I'm considering getting one of Master Replica's lightsabers. Just one. I'm seriously thinking about the upcoming Darth Vader saber. And for those who have them, I would like your thoughts on them.

Are they worth the price?

Since I'm getting just one, I want it to be a good one and I need other collector's thoughts.

rynobot
09-01-2002, 12:00 AM
I don't think they shipped the Vader one yet, but the ones that are out now are worth the price. :)

dr_evazan22
09-01-2002, 12:49 AM
I hate to say it, but any collectible, be it a toy or a replica, is only worth what your willing to spend.

Having said that, yes, I think it is worth it.

I've wanted one of these for years. I've considered buying one from eBay, but was to fearful of getting a substandard product or being outright ripped off.

Being an official replica gives some level of guarntee (sp?) of quality, and also there is something to be said for customer service if there are any problems with the transaction.

Good luck! I hope you get it and enjoy it!

Jayspawn
09-01-2002, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys.

Jayspawn
09-16-2002, 11:57 PM
I have another question for those who own Lightsaber Replicas. Where did you order yours? How long did it take to arrive?

Stikman
09-17-2002, 03:20 PM
I ordered a Defiance lightsaber hilt from Parkssabers.com. I can't believe the quality of it. It was $80 because I ordered one that doesn't light up since I've ordered the Anakin FX lightsaber from Masterreplicas already. This hilt I got from Parks is amazing. You'd think it was made for the movies. It took just under 10 weeks to get it since they make them all by hand and they're made to order. It's sturdy and solid and has a nice weight to it too. Since the Anakin FX lightsaber has the blade permanantly attached, I wanted just a hilt. That's why I ordered the Defiance.

Jayspawn
09-19-2002, 11:19 AM
It's done! I placed my order for the Darth Vader lightsaber w/ display case this morning. It's supposed to be shipping in October. I ordered mine through Master Replicas site (maybe I'll get it faster, who knows?).