PDA

View Full Version : DVD Bargains

QLD
08-30-2002, 08:56 PM
I know there are several of us who are DVD collectors. Anyway, I have been cruising for good movie bargains lately on DVD, and thought it would be neat if we could pass on our finding here.

Anyway, in the last week, I ran across the following:

Best Buy
Drop Dead Gorgeous - $5.99
Loaded Weapon 1 - $5.99

Media Play
Kingdom Come - $6.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off - $6.99
Stargate - $6.99
George Lucas In Love - $6.99
UHF - $6.99

If you find anything online, or in stores for a low price, let me know! ;)

JediTricks
08-31-2002, 01:35 AM
Just picked up Ghostbusters at Target for $9.44, was around $14.99 before. Nothing like the killer deals you have there though, I gotta find me a Media Play store!

- update: no media play in LA! :( This is a very cool thread though.

QLD
08-31-2002, 02:00 AM
Thanks! I thought it was a good idea. Maybe you can order from the website JT!

I saw Ghostbusters at Wal-Mart today for 9.99, but I balked on it. probably because I spent 50 on a new game! :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-31-2002, 10:58 PM
I remember when Media Play had a whole bunch of DVDs in a bin last year for 99 cents. All full of movies you never heard of. The funniest part is that they were selling "How to Prepare Yourself for Y2K" when it was 2001. I guess owning it, is like owning a piece of history. Or a piece of comedy.

2-1B
08-31-2002, 11:04 PM
ShopKo has a new bargain rack, I saw "The Cage" starring Lou Ferrigno there for $3.99 ! :D

Eternal Padawan
09-01-2002, 08:31 AM
A few years ago, Reel.com used to sell movies on their website and they had a daily trivia contest. If you got the multiple choice question right, they gave you a 50 cent credit towards an eventual $10 off e-coupon. If you got it wrong, they gave you 25 cents just for playing. Savvy movie trivia buffs (the questions were NOT easy) could crank out a new $10 e-coupon every 20 days. Since I had multiple AOL accounts, I was playing the trivia game with six different accounts. That's a new coupon almost every three days (20/6= 3.333...) Suffice to say, with their already low prices (usually 40% or more off SRP) I was bagging the latest releases for $4-6. Unfortunately, I'm sure I wasn't the only one taking advantage of the company's naiveté and they went out of business in the big dot.bomb the next year. :( (sigh)

ROLLO!

2-1B
09-06-2002, 06:22 PM
Today at Wal-Mart I noticed a $9.44 Double Feature of Teen Wolf and Teen Wolf Too which I will be purchasing in the near future.
I don't recall liking Teen Wolf Too at all, but it's worth it just for the original! :happy:

QLD
09-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Yeah, the original was OK. 9.44 by itself, I would probably pass, even though I don't want the second one, the two pack seems worth it :rolleyes:

2-1B
09-07-2002, 02:05 AM
You'll regret the day you rolled your eyes at TeenWolf. :mad:

Eternal Padawan
09-07-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
You'll regret the day you rolled your eyes at TeenWolf. :mad:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TEEN WOLF

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:DROLLO!