PDA

View Full Version : Bed Bugs?

rynobot
08-31-2002, 06:07 AM
I had that there is such a thing as "bed bugs". Does this freak anyone else out, that when your're sleeping there are begs crawling all over you? It does me, and makes me very parinoid.

Well, Good night SSG, I need my Beauty sleep. :)

2-1B
08-31-2002, 06:14 AM
Yeah, as a kid I assumed it was just a figure of speech, but in my older years I've seen magnified footage of those little critters and it is pretty creepy! :eek:

Especially when you can see their claws, pinchers, teeth, you know - all of the creepy stuff! :D

It's my understanding that they feed on dead skin . . .

rynobot
08-31-2002, 06:15 AM
maybe I'll just stay up. ;)

DeadEye
08-31-2002, 08:14 AM
There are almost-microscopic bugs that live on your eyelashes. They are particularly fond of mascara! I say almost-microscopic because there is one way to see the cute critters with the naked eye: Get a petri dish and put water in it. Put an eyelash in there and you're likely to see the little guys swimming around! Although they'll only appear as specks.

hango fett
08-31-2002, 08:33 AM
hmm...cool! i have bugs in my eyes! never thought i would say that...
h

Pendo
08-31-2002, 09:06 AM
I heard somewhere that when you're sleeping you eat all kinds of bugs like Spiders and other creepy crawlys :stupid:. What's worse, being eaten alive by bed bugs, or waking up to find a spider crawling in your mouth :eek:.

PENDO!

DeadEye
08-31-2002, 11:39 AM
Pendo,

That's actually not necessarily true. It's worse for snorers...:D
You will, however, have swallowed at least 5 spiders in your lifetime...but not every night. :p

Did you know that your body is covered with bacteria, and taking a shower actually makes them multiply? And wearing headphones increases the amount of bacteria in your ears 700 times.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-31-2002, 10:50 PM
That is why it is very important to wash your sheets frequently. I try to once every month. It is no surprise that when I forgot about washing them over the summer, I woke up one morning with two bites on my chest. I don't doubt that they are from spiders, but it made me want to strip my bed clean of everything because of those pesky creepy-crawlers.

Hopefully they weren't scabies. We should fear them all.

rynobot
08-31-2002, 10:54 PM
How abput every day! I'll be doing these from know on! Screw Bacteria Humans are the dominate species/lifeform in the planet Earth!. We can't let them win the war of the lifeforms!!

Wipe them out, all of them. :)

InsaneJediGirl
08-31-2002, 11:00 PM
Bacteria is good..Thats the problem with todays kids..they arent getting enough bacteria exposure.:D

I wash my sheets about every 2 weeks,but I dont think I'm worried about bugs who eat my skin!Scabies maybe..

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:35 PM
what if they start eatin eyeballs or livers!!

DeadEye
08-31-2002, 11:37 PM
Well, what is a scabie?

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:38 PM
Maybe she meant a scabe. :)

Beast
08-31-2002, 11:40 PM
Take a look at a slice of cheese under a microscope. Cheese is actually very flavorless, and the bugs that live on it is what helps give it it's flavor. And don't get me started how they make Jello. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:41 PM
how about moldy bread? Jar Jar does the Bacteria that infests that give it flavor? :)

Big Chewie
09-01-2002, 04:12 AM
Why did I read this!
No more sleeping, eating, wearing headphones or washing for me.
OK maybe I will just stop 1 of these things.

Big Chewie

BTW Hw mny bugs are on a hotel bed?

TylerD
09-01-2002, 06:09 AM
Oh God, maybe I'll stop eating cheese! I already cut Jello out of my diet four years ago!

DeadEye
09-01-2002, 08:55 AM
My sister sometimes changed her sheets once every 6 months and would often have rashes on her. :eek:

InsaneJediGirl
09-01-2002, 07:10 PM
I cant believe you dont know about Scabies!They are:

Scabies is a contagious disorder of the skin caused by very small, wingless insects or mites called the Human Itch mite or Scabies itch mite Sarcoptes scabiei var. hominis (Hering). The female insect burrows into the skin where she lays 1 - 3 eggs daily. A very small, hard to see, zigzag blister usually marks the trail of the insect as she lays her eggs. Other more obvious symptoms are an intense itching (especially at night) and a red rash that can occur at the area that has been scratched.

DeadEye
09-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Oh...My..God!
ISG....thank you!
I think I finally know what's wrong with me!
I've had a rash on the backs of both my legs (the backs of my knees) since February 2001...it never stops itching, and irritating pumps are in a zigzag or gridlike pattern.

InsaneJediGirl
09-01-2002, 08:05 PM
Glad to be of service DeadEye.If anyone needs anymore information,I'll pass the website URL on:)

Master Goeweins
09-09-2002, 01:35 AM
I have often heard it told, that when a person sleeps, their drool collects at the base of their neck. In the little divet that sits right above the rib cage. A pool of saliva forms and all the different bed bugs of the different lands, be it from the plains of the tibia or the forests of the pubia, come to drink from it. And one day, a mighty bed bug will step forward on the steep cliff of chin, and rule peacefully over all the bed bugs as one. This is how I have often heard it told.....

Goodnight.....

Lord Malakite
09-09-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Take a look at a slice of cheese under a microscope. Cheese is actually very flavorless, and the bugs that live on it is what helps give it it's flavor. And don't get me started how they make Jello. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thats an easy one. Jello is made out of gelatin and gelatin is made from boiling cow bones, skin, marrow, etc.

Kind of contradicts Lex Murphey's claim of being a vegetarian in Jurassic Park.

LTBasker
09-09-2002, 02:08 AM
Cow bones? So does that mean Jello's good for your bones? Jello's good... If Jello's freaky commercials don't drive me away from eating it, then I doubt knowing what they put in it will. ;)

On the spiders issue.. you can pretty much guess when you've eaten a big spider, although I doubt that estimate of the 5 spiders includes little baby spiders that scurry about that you can hardly even notice on a wall would leave little or no evidence of being there, so who knows how many spiders you could possibly eat in your sleep. ;)

Emperor Howdy
09-09-2002, 03:25 AM
Jesus....this thread is horrible.....but...I......can't......stop.....read ing....it!

Man, I don't know about some of you, but in Florida, and here in Georgia, there are these terrible monsters called Palmetto Bugs. Basically, it's a 2-inch-long flying roach. My brother used to terrorize me when I was a kid by saying they chewed on your finger cuticles while you slept, and if you woke up, and slung your hand around trying to flick them off, they'd just stay there because they're so embedded in the skin!! :eek: :eek:

Imagine one of THOSE crawling in your mouth while you slept!! The little antennas and barbed legs tickling your throat until you involuntarily swallow......

Yikes! :eek: :(

Emperor Howdy
09-09-2002, 03:26 AM
.....now I've freaked myself out.....:(

.......somebody hold me......:(

bigbarada
09-09-2002, 11:20 AM
Do you guys realize just how much bacteria live inside your intestines? They actually aid your body in digesting food, so it could be considered a symbiotic relationship since you would likely die of malnutrition without them.

I don't even want to imagine how much rat and mouse fecal matter is ground into any processed food you eat.

Lord Malakite
09-09-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I don't even want to imagine how much rat and mouse fecal matter is ground into any processed food you eat.

How about the rats and mice ground up in your food period. You are allowed to have a certain percentage by the government's standards.

bigbarada
09-09-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite

How about the rats and mice ground up in your food period. You are allowed to have a certain percentage by the government's standards.

I've heard that, I also heard that there was a percentage of feces that was allowed to be in food also.

MMMMM, I just opened up a fresh can of potted meat, anybody want some?;)

Lord Malakite
09-09-2002, 01:13 PM
I do. Who has the crackers? :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-09-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Do you guys realize just how much bacteria live inside your intestines? They actually aid your body in digesting food, so it could be considered a symbiotic relationship since you would likely die of malnutrition without them.

If I'm not mistaken, a helpful strain of E-coli is found in your intestines and that does aid in your digestion. If I remember correctly, E-coli gives your fecal matter that smell we all have grown to love.

So next time you walk out of the bathroom and you darn near peel the paint off the walls, be sure to thank your friend, Eschera Coli