PDA

View Full Version : Unproduced ALIENS MIcro machines figures & playset.

sicqnus
08-31-2002, 01:22 PM
Nostalgia, nostalgia...

I know there was a lack of demand for the Aliens micros. For this reason, the following cool prototypes never saw any production. Nostalgia pics once more !

First pic : Ripley on the "Power Loader" :

sicqnus
08-31-2002, 01:24 PM
More pics ?

Ok...

Second pic, Bishop & Gorman figures :

sicqnus
08-31-2002, 01:28 PM
More !?!

Unproduced Aliens Micro Machines Collector Action set :

sicqnus
08-31-2002, 01:38 PM
Belox are the pics of the wonderful Aliens Micro Machines playset.

First, the thing is huge !!! There are so many features :

- Exterior :
- Crashed Derelict ship nose with "Space Jockey" inside !
- Crashed Drop ship.
- Original LV-426 base with batiments and door.
- Alien Queen hive with Alien Queen figure and lots of eggs !
- Command center (windows).

sicqnus
08-31-2002, 01:44 PM
Now the interior :

-Laboratory (with Face-huggers).
-Sentinel-cannons.
- Atmospheric processor detailed interior with ramp, elevators, etc...
- View on the Alien queen.

Great toy.
Rest In Peace.

:cry:

SWAFMAN
09-04-2002, 01:03 AM
Glitch, a question came up tonight that I hoped you might be able to answer for the forum....

were there ever any additional Aliens Action Fleet vehicles planned past the APC, Drop Ship and Narcissus?

excerpt from my post #128561 on 6/24/2002:

Whoever designed this AF deserves an award. I just watched the first two Aliens tapes last night, so I was really prepared to check this ship out carefully. I looked at the AF from the point of view of balancing accuracy/displayability with fun/playability, and this ship hits that mark dead-on. Whatever this one may lack in prefect accuracy or detail, the interior of Narcissus is a dream come true. The little alien coming out of its hidey-hole gimmick is priceless. It totally made my day. And the stand is a wonderful homage to Giger's 'bio-mech' art designs from the alien crashed ship in the first film.

thanks for your time tonight. It's 1:00 AM here, and my mind's going 1000 MPH.

- Swaffy

other recent posts about AF:

Saga/EP2 AF wave 1 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=145671#post145671)

Yavin playset (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=128561#post128561)

Glitch
09-04-2002, 01:15 AM
I have one for you....

Here is the eight-wheeled mining rover from the special edition of Aliens. This was the vehicle that Newt and her family were in when they discovered the Alien Derelict ship from the first film. Newt's dad is attacked by one of the Alien eggs, and is the host responsible for for bringing the Alien hoard to the atmospheric station. The scene was cut from the original release, but made it into the "special edition" and DVD. While obscure, it would have been one of the coolest, most unique vehicles out there.

As far as I know, this has NEVER been seen outside the doors of Galoob. Anyway, take a look...

britcit3
09-04-2002, 01:18 AM
WOW !!

Bc3

Glitch
09-04-2002, 01:22 AM
I'll get some better pics when I have more light.

Here is a shot of the other side....

SWAFMAN
09-04-2002, 01:24 AM
it's my understanding that one of the two figures in that pic is of Newt's dad with a face-hugger a-huggin' !!

-----
added:

re: glitch's post below w/ close-up pics of the Newt & Dad figures

the detail on these figures is incredible! they're just as impressive in their own right as the vehicle protos.

Glitch
09-04-2002, 01:28 AM
Here were the intended figures: Newt with doll head, and her father with Face-hugger.

sicqnus
09-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Thanks Glitch,
Very interesting job (and very well done).

I've always loved all these cool details and the funny ones like the crushed Alien under the APC chassis :

http://www.sicqnus.com/imagali/apctank3.jpg

:evil:

sicqnus
09-04-2002, 05:38 PM
I forgot the Ripley's cat silo inside the Narcissus.

Amazing job.
Sooooo cool !

http://www.sicqnus.com/imagali/narciss1.jpg

Glitch, could you tell us if there were any plans in the past to make a "Derelict ship" ? (or just to think about a prototype...).
Except for the one in the huge playset.

;) Yeah I know, but I'm just curious... I love this ship.

Glitch
09-04-2002, 06:29 PM
Actually, there were three vehicles that did not make it: the Mining Rover, the Alien Derelict Ship, and the "Betty" from Alien 3.

The Rover was the only ship of the three to make it to proto. Even so, it made it only to the preliminary phase in that just one was ever made.

The other two made it to the control drawings, but were not made into protos. I'll do some diggin' and track down the other two drawings.

Thanks for the compliments. The Narcissus is perhaps my favorite AF vehicle because it is a playset AND a vehicle all in one. It turned out VERY well. The APC is a neat story. I'll tell you guys more about that later.

Anyway, here is another little fella that didn't make the cut - no pun intended. As usual, the best toys are almost always the ones that get the ax - still no pun intended.

Enjoy...

Glitch
09-04-2002, 06:32 PM
The other side of "Evil Ash."

Glitch
12-06-2002, 08:40 PM

neonblade
12-10-2002, 05:02 PM
May I be sick?

That playset... omg... ab-so-lute-ly love it - omg- and the thought of the betty as an af with opening cargo bay and cockpit- holy crap- where are those pics from- Why did they never make them

neonblade
12-10-2002, 05:11 PM
Where did u guys find those pics?????????????????????????????????????????????

JediTricks
12-10-2002, 05:45 PM
"Why did they never make them" is a great question. In fact, one wonders why the Aliens Action Fleet line never really got to most retailers. My guess is that the weak sales of the Aliens and Predator MMs at mass retail is the culprit.

Glitch
12-10-2002, 07:42 PM
There was also a glut of crappy Alien/Predator figures on clearance in most toy stores. Therefore, retailers were not willing to commit to yet more Aliens/Predator toys.

Thanks Hasbro!

Neonblade,

Most of those are pics of things in my collection.

Jedi Idej
12-11-2002, 04:05 AM
Looking at those pics is like reminiscing about a past girlfriend -- oh, what could have been!

Glitch, can you tell us more about the Aliens/Predator AF scale? The figures that came with the Alien MM playset are in scale with the SW AF. And the figures in the vehicle/figure sets are much larger. Why didn't these 2 lines follow the typical mm and af size? (My apologies if you already answered this; I blame my attention deficiency on lead paint. :D )

neonblade
12-11-2002, 05:04 PM
Glitch YOU HAVE THAT BASE?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????? OMG??????????? DUDE HOW DID U GET THEm?????????????????????

JediTricks
12-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Gah! Hasbro's partially to blame for this? Man, that is a real kick in the shorts!!!

neonblade
12-11-2002, 07:16 PM
um i don't understand- WHere- did- u - get-them-???? lol

SWAFMAN
12-13-2002, 09:14 PM
doggone it, what was in the glitchpost at the top of this page!?!?!?!?!?