PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Clonetrooper and Geonosian carded...

DeadEye
08-31-2002, 09:35 PM
Go here for carded images of Pilot Jango, Clonetrooper, and the Flying Geonosian. Sorry if this has already been posted...I hadn't seen it.
http://www.joetoy.com/news001.htm

Old Fossil
08-31-2002, 09:41 PM
Hooray! I can't wait to not see these on the pegs!

rynobot
08-31-2002, 09:58 PM
I don't see the point on having removable armour with the deluxe clonetrooper.

InsaneJediGirl
08-31-2002, 10:11 PM
I think the Clonetrooper is awesome.:DFinally a good figure on the pegs.I love the removable armor,although I hope it has the ability to stay on during play :)

rynobot
08-31-2002, 10:15 PM
But it appears that only some of the armour is removable. :(

sith_killer_99
08-31-2002, 10:20 PM
It looks like he will also have yet another lame gimmick.:rolleyes:

Lame gimmick aside, this figure looks very promising. I'm not too sure about the rest of the armor, but I am glad to see he will have a removable helmet.:D

I do believe this make 3 Deluxe figures worthy of my money.:rolleyes:

Val Da Car
08-31-2002, 10:29 PM
I like the removalable armour for dioramas but I should have kept my old speeder bikes from POTF.......a little red paint, and some extra white clone troopers and Wa La!!

Deluxe Clone trooper with speeder.....

Doesn't matter I will still buy it, probably two of em!!!

:greedy:

Bib Forlobster
08-31-2002, 10:46 PM
I like the figure alot, although I think the only piece of armor that really needs to be removable is the helmet. I'm a little disappointed in the speeder bike. I was expecting a different design, not just a repaint. Doesn't matter though, I'll still buy it.

DeadEye
08-31-2002, 11:26 PM
The best part is that we're seeing images of these figures and the deluxe Yoda and 3PO haven't showed up here yet! :D :rolleyes:

Lord Tenebrous
08-31-2002, 11:37 PM
The Republic insignia on the clone undersuit isn't as vibrant in the mass-production phase, but overall, a good transition. Well, mostly, this is a good test for "Javelin" Kenobi. I predict the clone will throw the grenade at his feet more often than whatever else is on my desk by that time.

Geonosian doesn't really impress me, nor will it kids...speeder bike or poo hive? It's a mismatched choice for consumers. Replace it with a big sonic turret, and you have equal odds. Ah well.

thespar
08-31-2002, 11:41 PM
they look nice hope to see them soon.

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:52 PM
It is kind wierd though, they only had a prototype at the Comicacon Convention but now about a month later there are photos of them in packaged and they probably will be released around october. :rolleyes:

KingOfSting
09-01-2002, 12:01 AM
Holy CRAP i so0o want these now especially the clone trooper w/ speeder bike...damn i want like two geos and two clone troopers...hey is anyone else gonna buy extra clone pilots and put the preview troopers head on the body? i plan on gettinganother prev clone trooper (since i only have 2) and a third c.p. so i can try that...wow these look excellent, i so0o cannot wait!

rynobot
09-01-2002, 12:05 AM
little kids will thin that it is a new Jango Fett, trust me the 6 years and under don't understand what clones are. :)

Darth Evil
09-01-2002, 07:59 AM
The Clonetrooper looks very nice, if the the armour stays on, it'll be brilliant. If I ever see them, I'll buy two. I still hope to see a gimmick-less, Commtech Stormie articulation, removable helmet only Clonetrooper.

hango fett
09-01-2002, 09:15 AM
they all look pretty cool! i can't wait for the clonetrooper (yellow) and deluxe clonetrooper! defintly getting them out of the pack! "now all i got to do is find this yoda!" (the deluxe one...and 3po)
h

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-01-2002, 09:39 AM
Yay, another figure w/ a removeable helmet! This one is totally going into my collection.:)

hango fett
09-01-2002, 10:16 AM
i really like the fact that hasbro was nice enough to give us a clonetrooper with removable armor....but then they make a mistake like that new yoda in the chair......:rolleyes:
h

Jargo
09-01-2002, 10:31 AM
Geonosian with spastic pointy wings and poo pile attack pod. Attack pod? WTF! Yeah nice idea but what the hell is it? Clonetrooper, nice bike, nice head and helmet, figure sucks. Clone pilot much better. jango pilot much better but as with all these ruined figures the gimmicks suckity suck suck suck!!!!!!!!!

hango fett
09-01-2002, 10:51 AM
ok then, jargo! i agree about the geonosian, but i really like the deluxe CT. and i also agree on the jango pilot...gimmiks need to go away and stay there!
h

DeadEye
09-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Actually, I rather like the gimmicks--at least, the ones that work.
The Saga figures and the first POTF2 figures were $4.99....the Freeze Frame figures were $5.99...the COMMtech figures, whose chips sucked anyway, were a whopping $7.99 everywhere I went except for K-B (where they were $9.99 :eek: )
So I think the Saga figures give more bang for my buck!

rynobot
09-01-2002, 02:36 PM
so the Saga figures were $6.99 untill the big cahin stores lowered prices. Some stores still sell them for the orginal price. :rolleyes:

Prince Xizor
09-01-2002, 03:21 PM
The only stores that still sell them at 6.99 around here are the collecters stores. Walmart - TRU - Target - KB all have them at under 5.00

Scackmgack
09-01-2002, 03:56 PM
Can someone tell me what the heck that Geonosian "attack pod" IS? I can only think that it is some sort of a vehicle, but other than that, I'm lost....

DeadEye
09-01-2002, 06:20 PM
It looks to me like a miniature Geonosian hive.

rynobot
09-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
The only stores that still sell them at 6.99 around here are the collecters stores. Walmart - TRU - Target - KB all have them at under 5.00
you're wrong, drug stores have them at this price, and I don't think CVS and Rite Aid are collector stores. When huge department stores lower their prices it makes their competition lower them too. The SW fan club says that the suggested retail price was $9.99, but I haven't seen them anywhere for that price at retail. The figures were orginally $6.99, I don't understand why you can't comprehend that fact.

:confused:

jedibear
09-02-2002, 12:47 AM
I'm not a huge fan of these gimmicks either but....
I hope that Hasbro's not fibbing about the pilot Jango fitting right into the Slave One cockpit.
I like the removable armor idea...great for those who like to customize...
As for the geonosian, I'm just glad it's a little different than the ones we've got already.
Out of all the ones pictured though...the Clone Pilot is my favorite.

Super Cyberraptor
09-02-2002, 01:08 AM
I think that the pod is supposed to close over a figure, based on the line on the front, I'm guessing it will be fairly rubbery.

LTBasker
09-02-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Geonosian with spastic pointy wings and poo pile attack pod. Attack pod? WTF! Yeah nice idea but what the hell is it? Clonetrooper, nice bike, nice head and helmet, figure sucks. Clone pilot much better. jango pilot much better but as with all these ruined figures the gimmicks suckity suck suck suck!!!!!!!!!

Judging from several pictures of that "attack pod" and given the name, I'm guessing that you're supposed to hold the pod up and the "flying" Geo is supposed to "ambush" someone by dropping out of it or something, or he's supposed to come out of the top, either way I was hoping they would improve on it and not make it look so....uncreative.

The Deluxe Clone isn't all that bad, except he looks a little to spazzy considering he's in his underwear. :eek:

As for the gimmicks: They had their run, they failed miserably due to the lack of actually working and being interesting, and from screwing up a possibly good figure.

On the prices: I mainly got my figs at Wal-Mart, IIRC the E1-Saga prices were: E1-6.98, POTJ-6.77-5.88, Saga-5.88(yes 5.88, don't believe me? POTJ and Sneak Preview are STILL that)-4.77.

Jayspawn
09-02-2002, 02:07 AM
I think the Deluxe Clonetrooper looks great. I'm all about removable armor. The Geo Warrior looks neat. And Pilot Jango is one I'm really looking forward to.

rynobot
09-02-2002, 02:10 AM
I know at my local Equarqt (sp) drug store Saga figures after sales tax are $8.00, unfortunatly this was the only place I could find a Dooku.

Geonosian
09-02-2002, 05:37 AM
Geonosians Aweosme!
When is the next Geo comming out...:)

DeadEye
09-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Geonosian, what are you doing here? I thought you'd left the forums.

Prince Xizor
09-02-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by rynobot

you're wrong, drug stores have them at this price, and I don't think CVS and Rite Aid are collector stores. When huge department stores lower their prices it makes their competition lower them too. The SW fan club says that the suggested retail price was $9.99, but I haven't seen them anywhere for that price at retail. The figures were orginally $6.99, I don't understand why you can't comprehend that fact.

:confused:

Well, if you read what I wrote correctly, I said "Around Here". All I have around here is Target, TRU, Walmart, and KB. I don't have any CVS's that sell Star Wars Figs, and I don't have any Rite Aid's Period. So it still remains Around Here the only stores that still have them for 6.99 or more are Collecter's Stores.

The True Maul
09-02-2002, 11:23 AM
They look cool,can't wait to get them.:)