PDA

View Full Version : New STAR TREK micro ships line !

sicqnus
08-31-2002, 10:12 PM
A new Micro sized Star Trek ships line is envisaged to be launched next year.
Several sources like ADC comics and others already said that the Star Trek MIcro Machines would never be produced again by Hasbro.
Art Asylum confirmed this info on their website by adding this confirmation : they would produce their own line of micro ships.
Now AA has the ST license.

They know what to do...

P.S. : a discrete poll "wich ship would you see made in a micro ship line" has been posted on the AA forum.
It has been posted many times by the AA employees like Morpheus.
:D

vulcantouch
08-31-2002, 10:41 PM
our long struggle to bring stmms back to life, finally comin to pass??
i gotta get over there & see this (http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000721) :eek:

britcit3
09-01-2002, 04:32 AM
Trying not to get too excited for fear of disappointment.

BC3

LTBasker
09-01-2002, 10:04 PM
I really hope it isn't gonna be like the differences between Playmates' regular figure line and AA's line.

I really hope it is so and that they are the same size. All I ask for is for the 3-packs from 10-16 to be released along with two other packs with the AGT ships from Collector's Set 2 and then a pack with the Ent-A, Ent-E and HMS Bounty and then they can do whatever from there on. :D Dunno what they could put in the Set 11 without the Bounty, maybe the Generations BoP? That was pretty good too, or they could just come up with a new micro to put in the Ent-A/E or the Set 11 pack.

I doubt it'll happen but I hope so. Only thing that really worries me is the possibilities of the detail will be lost, cause it seems like they would definitely do things differently with the line.

vulcantouch
09-01-2002, 10:56 PM
. . .we can use some of our other mms to pretend we have trek mms. for example, i can pretend the harrier custom bc3 made me is the nx01 :) also:
narn fighter~suliban stealth
b5 green ship~dominion protobattleship
mos eisley landspeeder~nx01 shuttlepod
tie int~vulcan renegade vessel
b5 crew shuttle~borg transport
minbari cruiser~ voy "night" ship
narn heavy dreadnaught~hirogen
giger derelict~breen
narcissus~coaxial warp ship
tibanna~ suliban helix
vorlons~8472 bioships (cruise & combat configs)
b5 station~krennum timeship
b5 raider~talaxian fighter
mon cal & mon remonda~voth scout & cityship
ds1 or 2~ borg sphere, DUHHH :p
any other suggestions?
vt
hmm, this all kinda reminds me of fliktwins (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=133544#post133544) & startwins (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=159995#post159995)- i must have pair-ups on the brain ;)

LTBasker
09-02-2002, 01:05 AM
Well theres always using ST extras as different ships even the Starfleet ones. There were so many of the Miranda and Excelsior classes throughout TNG and DS9 I'm sure the top count even puts B'Jr's fleet to shame. ;) Or it comes out to about equal... :D

Anyways only thing I can really think of is possibly the Falcon micros to....the ST Falcon! They used the CGI models in the background in the fight scene in First Contact, though you can't really make them out very easily. :cool:

Jangu Fett
09-02-2002, 08:42 PM
I hope this goes well. I think there are pictures of some of AA's new ST micro line in a issue of Hobby Japan. Unfortunatly, I didn't get it. Can't read or speak Japanese, and couldn't aford the price. $15. BUt ther was a group shot, you could make out the original Enterprise, the Stargazer, 2 different Klingon BOP(Birds Of Prey), a Cardassian Warship. And about ten others. They all looked to be made to scale, but I couldn't really tell, sorry?!?!:( :confused: :( :confused:

P.S.- I really want to see the USS Relativity from Voyager, and Starfleets Scout Ship from ST: Insurrection.

vulcantouch
09-08-2002, 11:42 PM
alien resurrection betty~vulcan lander
gv ssp recon~rom courier
hmm, maybe a sithinf would make a better sub for vulcan renegade than tie-int?
hmm, is there an mm that'd sub good for lore's borg ship??

Jangu Fett
09-19-2002, 07:02 PM
Bad new, well maybe.:confused: I got a post at Art Asylums forum, asking about the new micro line. One of the senior members said it was only a rumor.

Now I don't know whats going on. Maybe its a case of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing? One person (Morphous) is saying its a rumor, and then, Martok, is saying that a micro line is being planned for a mid 2003 release. I hope like evryone else that Martok is the one with the correct information.

JediTricks
09-20-2002, 12:05 AM
Full size vehicle news:

At Pre-Toy Fair, AA said they were waiting on approval of the 3 non-micro Prototypes:

- TOS Enterprise NCC-1701
- Movie Enterprise NCC-1701
- Reliant NCC-1864

Apparently, they also need to make sure the current Enterprise (NX-01) toys shipping now sells good enough to keep the line going. I want these soooooooooooo badly.

Glitch
09-20-2002, 12:50 AM
Judging from the pics, the new Enterprise ship is amazing! I'll be right there in line to buy one.

Bring on the Enterpise E!

sicqnus
09-20-2002, 01:53 AM
Yaaaah.
The future 12"-15" electronic ships will be the TOS Enterprise and the Nemesis Enterprise-E.
I'm sure the NX-01 will sell very well. The ship is sooo cute !
It is already available in Europe and it looks amazing !

Art Asylum said the production is limited for this first ship and figure series. No additional production is planned for the moment. They prefer to focus on other figures.

At Toy Fair we will see the TOS "Trek Tek" (classic phaser & communicator). The early sketches and (maybe) prototypes for the serie 1 TOS figures (Uhura, Kirk, Mugato, Gorn, Bounce Mc Coy). The Borg assimilated species three-pack. Not heard anything about the Reliant yet but it would be awesome !!!

Concerning the micro-line, the only official word is "If the first ST toys sells well...".
(The first figures are all "sold out" in stores like "Wal*Mart, KB's, etc...). Sounds good !!!!

The Nemesis trailer is available online at : http://www.mediatrek.com/

*******SPOILER BELOW*******************

"spoiler"
You can see the destruction of the Enterprise-E during a collision with a cloaked Romulan warship.
"spoiler"

JediTricks
09-20-2002, 04:43 PM
figures.com has pics of the Trek Tek TOS phaser/communicator (looks good), TOS figure art (looks ok, Uhura kinda suffers though), and Borg figs (bleah) from Pre Toy Fair: http://64.246.20.119/b/gallery/album14

The 3 starship toy prototypes weren't allowed to be photographed I think, but Jeff says he saw 'em.