PDA

View Full Version : SW Limted Edition Fernandes Guitars

Mar10Sir
08-31-2002, 10:46 PM
Since there's no directory for "other" non-Hasbro collectibles in the "Collecting" section, I posted this here.

I have been informed by a Fernandes retailer that the Star Wars guitars production run was limited to 500. I just got a white Sttormtrooper one, #99 of 500 (if the previous info is true). It's a really nice item and looks awesome; the only problem is that it's not a prectical instrument 'cause the fretboard is painted (with the "STAR WARS" logo) and playing it too much will wear out the artwork.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if any other people here got their hands on some and if they know about the quantities produced by Fernandes.

Thanks.

boss nass
08-31-2002, 11:19 PM
No bit i got a 1980 Black/White Gibson flying V and a black Jackson prefomer.
I'd love to get a SW guitar,how does it play and sound?How much are they?

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:46 PM
Sounds coolm maybe I'll buy one and then I could be a one man band, I already have a drum set, keyboard, and bass guitar. :)

Mar10Sir
09-01-2002, 12:23 AM
They sound pretty good, boss. I'm not a guitar buff, my instrument is piano/keyboards so I'll have to get back to you with the specs. I do remember that it has EMG pickups.

I don't know how much they are. Musicians' Frind has 'em around the $1,295 mark, I think. Mine I got for just under a grand.

figrin bran
09-01-2002, 03:15 AM
eeee!!! if i were to pay that much for another guitar (i have an american strat) i would want it to be a les paul or rickenbacker. just as how many of us often say that figures were meant to be played with, the same goes for guitars! they were meant to be played with and not merely for display! just my opinion ;)

boss nass
09-01-2002, 02:26 PM
EmG pickups are great quality.But if i was ganna pay $1200 for a guitar i think it's gonna be an ESP, they sound incredible!!Maybe down the road someone will be selling one in the want ads for half the price.Then i'll consider it

Mar10Sir
09-01-2002, 02:36 PM
True, figrin. Not being a guitar player I was still tempted to buy it for two reasons: (1) it looks beautiful (2) it's a very limited edition item with such a short run.

Besides, a grand for a guitar (a good guitar) isn't bad. Parker Fly's, Takamines and American-made vintage Les Pauls are more expensive. Of course, these are high-quality instruments but... oh, well... I'm just trying to convince myself that I made a fair purchase. :)

boss nass
09-01-2002, 03:04 PM
No doubt you made a good purchace!! Not everyone can say they have a Star Wars Guitar.Your friends must see it and go wow thats mega cool,i know i'd walk into your house and drool.

Mar10Sir
09-01-2002, 09:39 PM
LOL! Well, it does look way cool as a collectible. My guitar playing colleagues tell me it's a "very good" guitar, but I'm sure it doesn't measure up to any high-end electric guitar. Anyways... to me it's just another collectible. A COOL collectible and bound to be a rarity (again, because only 500 were made worldwide). This'd be the only item in my collection wich I'd be willing to sell in the future if it's value increases as forecasted.

JediTricks
09-04-2002, 04:40 PM
I hear these things aren't selling at all, so making them limited will probably help that a little. Are the Nomads limited as well? (IMO, the Nomad should be limited to 0 ;)) I don't play but a few friends and family I know do so I've been seeing these for quite a while in catalogs and such.

Personally, I want the Fernandes of Japan SW guitar knobs and especially the SW trading picks, those look really cool and a little more affordable.

Mar10Sir
09-05-2002, 02:53 AM
I'm not sure about the nomads. Don't think so. They're selling a lot more all around. What I hear is that most of the electric guitars are being bought not by musicians but by collectors.

Hey... you play guitar, JT?

Emperor Howdy
09-05-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I don't play but a few friends and family I know do so I've been seeing these for quite a while in catalogs and such.

Originally posted by Mar10Sir
Hey... you play guitar, JT?

:confused:

JediTricks
09-05-2002, 04:29 PM
The nomads are selling? I had no idea, I guess that makes sense about the collector aspect, though the shape of the Nomad is so unappealing to me that I can't imagine it being popular.

I seem to have no musical talent at all, I don't play but I've bought a lot of guitars and basses for family members (heck, there's even an Ovation roundback in my living room on a stand).

Mar10Sir
09-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Yeah the nomads (if you refer to the smaller guitars with built-in speaker) are selling. What I hear from guitarist is that they're a better buy 'cause they're cheaper than the high-end guitars and hence you can actually risk playing them and wearing out the fretboard, scratching them a little and all that.

These are more appealing to actual guitarists. The other ones are to collectors.

JediTricks
09-05-2002, 05:07 PM
The nomads are kidney beans with necks. ;) Yes, those are the ones I refer to.

MikeAndTheBots
09-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Set blasters to RAWK!!!

Sorry couldn't resist. Anyway, I don't think these are that cool. I mean you can't really play it that much since the wear and tear of playing would rub some of the art work off. As someone said guitars are meant to be played not dislpayed or even "attacked" in some cases. Besides, if you're looking for a strat-ish guitar with some decent quality you could get a copy or even the real deal for cheaper and probably better. Just get a MIM Double Fat Strat and thrown some EMGs in there. Most likely it'd be under 1200 dollars.