PDA

View Full Version : micro machines ebay alert!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

SWAFMAN
07-02-2002, 12:21 AM
fambaa with a cheap 'buy it now' & same seller has an eletro TF tank for same price (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1745658598)

people who place a low bid to remove a reasonably priced 'buy it now' option should be shot dead.

"reasonably" should be defined as whatever I think is fair at any given moment. ;)

the 'buy it now' option should not go away upon placement of the 1st bid. it should remain an option until bidding reaches that amount.

AND sellers whose auctions say in the "Shipping" area, "see item description for shipping details" and then DON'T give any shipping details should be forced by eBay policy to ship for FREE.

haggie
07-02-2002, 12:29 AM
I've been trying to score a Fambaa but I'm lookin' to pay less than $5. It's a pretty lame toy, IMO. Before AOTC came out they were going for pretty cheap so I'm waiting it out. If I miss out then oh, well. I wont miss the Fambaa from my collection.

I totally agree about how Buy It Now should stay until the bid reaches the amount. Right now a seller has to put a reserve on it in order to keep the Buy It Now there.

Doesn't it totally suck that the RC Tank seems to be more common than the regular one. I love the Tank! I wish I had a whole fleet of them (but not the RC version).

SWAFMAN
07-02-2002, 12:36 AM
I agree Haggie. In fact, in my quest to get display openers of all the AF, I "fudged" and am using the r/c TF Tank for my opened display piece. I am not actively seeking a non-r/c opener, and will only snag one if I find it for dirt cheap.

haggie
07-02-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
I am not actively seeking a non-r/c opener, and will only snag one if I find it for dirt cheap.

Heh. I've been looking at eBay for a few years trying to find a regular Tank for dirt cheap so I could (greedily) buy a second one. I don't think there will ever be one for cheap again. I got lucky and found mine at Wal Mart along with 3x of each: Infiltrator, Droid Control, and Royal Starship. Who knows where the other Tanks went but I bought one of each vehicle when I was there and was very glad I got the last Tank.

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 12:57 AM
Anybody know anything on these sets?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1744878341

They're on the striped cards and they're just a single vehicle with a figure kinda like the FC Exclusive Vader w/ Star Destroyer and Han w/ Falcon sets but they're on a flat-cards in a bubble.

SWAFMAN
07-02-2002, 01:28 AM
um, haggie, you wouldn't consider a deal for those 3 EP2s you just mentioned (control ship, sith, royal starship), would you?

I am need of all three for openers.

If not, no problem I completely understand.

good shot jansen
07-02-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Anybody know anything on these sets?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1744878341

as i recall, those were released in verrrrrrrrrry limited quantities in asia only. i believe there were 12 to the set.

r2dee2 may have some additional information on these single packs with the figur packed in. as i recall, she was bidding on some of these a couple of years ago.

as i open everything, the rareity of these guys means nothing to me, as i have all the ships and figures in some form already, however, those of you who do collect minty fresh stuff, will want to add these to your collection, as they are rather difficult to come by. a friend of mine from singapore had once offered some of these to me awhile back (which i then declined, as i felt he would enjoy them more cause he likes to collect unopened items, mainly potf stuff, which is why he offered em to me in the 1st place), he had indicated back then that these saw very limited release, and that other than the ones he had, he had never seen any others.

shinakuma43
07-02-2002, 09:00 AM
There are 12 different single carded ships with figures. I have 10 of them and that auction is the first time I've ever seen any on ebay. I paid 130.00 for them from a guy in Japan, I would have liked to have paid less but he wouldn't reduce the price and I wanted them.

The auction I really wanted though was by the seler of the 4 sets. He had another auction for mini head sets 6, 8, and 9. I've been watching it since it started and just woke up to find out that he ended the auction. His reason was that he accepted an offer form someone. I guess I should have e-mailed him an offer. Oh well, if anyone has Mini Heads sets 5, 6, and 9 please let me know.

Hmm, the AF TF Tank was hard for everyone else to get too? I figured it was just me. It's still one of the only 2 E1 AFs I need as an opener or loose. That and the Alpha Droid Fighter will complete my E1 loose AF collection. Well, I don't have the Faamba at all so I guess I should say I need that too, but I don't like it and would rather not put it near my AFs.

Later,
S43

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 10:23 AM
If I had been on this board in '99/'00, then I could've gotten ppl alot of the Action Fleet and Die-Cast E1 stuff cause it all showed up here, unfortunately the only reason I ddin't get the stuff is because of the high prices so it was hard getting anything, even when just getting the basic figure line.

haggie
07-02-2002, 10:36 AM
um, haggie, you wouldn't consider a deal for those 3 EP2s you just mentioned (control ship, sith, royal starship), would you?

I am need of all three for openers.

If not, no problem I completely understand.

Sorry, I only have one of each so I can't give them up. I left the other 2 of each on the shelf and they sat there for about a month. I didn't know any other AF collectors then.

At one point I also found one of each of the TPM Alpha but passed them all up except for the Infiltrator. I still don't love the others but I do regret not grabbing them while I had the chance.

shinakuma43
07-02-2002, 12:47 PM
A couple days ago I saw the Alpha Royal Starship and Alpha Sith Infiltrator listed with buy nows of 35.00 each which isn't too bad. The seller was getfett, hmm I also saw a droid control ship listed by him with a buy now of 35.00 which also isn't too bad. They are probably all gone by now, but it might be worth a search.

Later,
S43

haggie
07-02-2002, 02:04 PM
It'd be nice to get those but I just don't have the money right now. I just popped $125 for a CF Super Star Destroyer (finally!). The Droid Control Ship is definitely worth the $35. All of the ships from that wave usually sell for $35-50 a piece.

haggie
07-02-2002, 02:26 PM
By the way....

If anybody ever runs across a gray TIE Interceptor for relatively cheap LMK.

haggie
07-02-2002, 02:32 PM
SWAFMAN, weren't you looking for a battle damaged Darth Vader TIE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1745857506)?

SWAFMAN
07-02-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by shinakuma43
A couple days ago I saw the Alpha Royal Starship and Alpha Sith Infiltrator listed with buy nows of 35.00 each which isn't too bad. The seller was getfett, hmm I also saw a droid control ship listed by him with a buy now of 35.00 which also isn't too bad. They are probably all gone by now, but it might be worth a search.

Later,
S43

S43:
ha ha !! It was the $14.50 bid by some jerkhole on that 'buy it now' EP1 control ship that spawned my comments above about people who do that sort of thing deserving to be shot!!!!

I am tracking those auctions, but just not ready to commit to the $$ right now. But I agree the prices are in-line with what's been seen, even way before the buzz around the most recent movie.

Haggie, I did end up scoring a Death Star w/ B.D. Vader Tie last Friday or Saturday. But I really appreciate you're remembering and thinking of me on that one. And no problem on those EP1 alphas, I must've misunderstood your original post, 'cuz I thought you bought three of each for retail.

Oh, and I scored an opener Aliens MM transforming playset for $6.25 + postage this afternoon, too.

shinakuma43
07-02-2002, 03:06 PM
Swaffy: I did notice your comment on people who place bids even though the buy now price is very reasonable. I'm sure people do it hoping to actually get it for even less which might work sometimes on items that show up pretty often. I can't imagine it working on the Droid Control Ship or plenty of other's I've witnessed since they don't show up very often. That's the first DC Ship I've seen on ebay in a couple months and now that a bid has been placed I will be very surprised if it sells for less than 50.00. I remember seeing one sell for almost 150.00 (the buyer must've been even crazier than me), but that was just once. The average selling price for the DC Ship I'd say is about 60-65.00. If I needed it it would have been gone about 10 seconds after I saw it for 35.00. Luckily I got my boxed one from TNCuniverse.com and my loose one from VT. Oh well, hopefully someone doesn't place bids on the 2 E1 Alphas. It makes no sense to spoil someones chance to get an item for under it's usual selling price.

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
07-02-2002, 08:55 PM
oh Sakay, I SO hope you beat out mighty_warrior on that sith alpha!!!!!

haggie
07-02-2002, 11:50 PM
Mighty Warrior bought one of my AFs in auction. That dude is bidding on tons of AFs of late. Must be building a collection.

shinakuma43
07-03-2002, 12:04 AM
Haggie: Grey TIE Interceptor? Never heard of it. Do you mean darker blue than usual? The first release was a much darker blue than the latter releases. That's the only color difference I've ever seen or heard of.

Later,
S43

haggie
07-03-2002, 12:31 AM
I have a Classic Duels Interceptor and it is really dark blue like the Bomber (Maybe just a fraction darker than the Bomber). I know there's a color variation out there and I thought it was the color of the regular TIE Fighter. For some reason I was thinking that the TIE Fighter was the same gray color (with a hint of blue) that the Darth Vader TIE is colored. I just looked at my TIE Fighter and see that it is a grayish blue. CONFUSED YET? :crazed: I'm assuming that the TIE Interceptor variation is that the paint is the color of the regular TIE Fighter instead of the dark blue. Is this correct?

SWAFMAN
07-03-2002, 01:08 AM
haggie, here are scans of the two T.I.s side by side.
the brightness of the scanner light mutes the color difference quite a bit, but if you look closely, you can see there is a lighter & darker blue.

first scan.....

SWAFMAN
07-03-2002, 01:09 AM
2nd scan.....

SWAFMAN
07-03-2002, 02:14 AM
interesting auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1746507004)

but.... $35 shipping!!!! seller claims 30 AF ships & 5 playsets = 20 lbs. I don't think so. I had at least that many loose ships in a box with excellent packing material when I moved last time, and can say absolutely that that box, plus the five playsets he lists (in their original boxes), do not come to 20 lbs. total. Maybe, just maybe, half that. And I'd even be surprised if it came to that, since his stuff is all loose.

and... no mention of condition of items

and... no mention of completeness.

but... still an interesting auction.

haggie
07-03-2002, 12:15 PM
... and that auction has what I consider one of the really lame things about most auctions for loose AFs: no stands! But he does have a ton of the later TPM AFs that were hard to find.

I didn't realize that the paint variation on the Interceptor was so slight. I guess I don't really need to track one down. Thanks for taking the time to scan them, SWAFMAN.

good shot jansen
07-03-2002, 01:27 PM
there is a true varient of the interceptor that's included on the one from the classic duels two pack. there are tabs that are on the back of the intereceptor's wings which are not present in either colored variation of the single pack interceptor. what these tabs are, or why they are there?, i have no clue.

i will try and remember to bring a couple of intereceptors to the office so's i can scan them to show what i mean by the "tabs"

SWAFMAN
07-03-2002, 02:24 PM
haggie, the difference is greater than the scans show, because the scanner light washed them both out so much. I've done by best here, using the custom color mixer in paintbrush and my naked eye, to duplicate the colors of the two TIEs. The colors still look pretty close in this palette, but when you hold the ships, you do see a greater difference.

re: the wing tabs, I just noticed that on my interceptors that don't have the tabs, there's a roughed spot. I'm guessing the tabs were on all the TIEs out of the mold, but for some reason were trimmed off all but the classic duels ones.

speaking of classic duels, the loose MilFal I got does not have the JKF inscription anywhere inside the rear opening area. I may have asked this on an older version of the ssg forum, but was the inscription unique to the classic duels falcons?

and, Glitch, would you happen to know if the yet-to-be-released falcons will include the jkf inscription? That would be ironic and cool, wouldn't it?

haggie
07-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the color swatches for clarification, SWAFMAN.

I own the Classic Duels Falcon and it does not have the inscription. I have heard of this inscription but thought it was only included in the single pack version. I have never actually seen it.

SWAFMAN
07-03-2002, 02:53 PM
well, that 'buy it now' control ship is now up to $48, thanks to "807peggyfamily" and their lousy $14.50 opening bid...

[....grumble...grumble....grrrr.....aarrrrggghhhh.. .]

haggie, that's interesting about the falcon. I wonder if the loose one I bought came out of a classic duels set? The guy also sent it with a silver logo stand. You don't happen to recall if the falcon stand in your classic duels set was silver logo, do you? That seems very unlikely to me. I figured the guy just grabbed the wrong stand.

haggie
07-03-2002, 02:59 PM
The stands are of the plain black variety in my Classic Duels box. You probably do have a Classic Duels version. I bet somebody else in the forum can shed some light on the inscription and where to find it.

good shot jansen
07-03-2002, 03:40 PM
i'm not sure if every single pack falcon has the inscription, but i'm willing to bet that they do.

as for which may be rarer, that's a good question.

the classic duels came out as a tru exclusive, and was released prior to the single pack version hitting the stores (yeah right, like they ever hit the stores in sufficient quantity to be considered as released:rolleyes: ), anyway, i have to believe that the single pack version was produced in greater number than the classic duels, so possibly, the falcon without the inscription is the rarer of the two:eek:

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 11:15 PM
If anyone needs the Imperial Landing Craft, here's a loose one that appears to be complete and mint, and yes it does have stand.

$14.99 and ends in 15 hours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1745510838

Here's some other auctions I found while digging through some SW micro auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1746229203 - Imperial Landing Craft starting at 14.99 with 21 hours

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1745559265 - Jedi Braid Set BIN $15 starting $5 with 2 days

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1746610241 BP #18 with some others with 5 days starting at $11.95

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1746629268 - This is an EMBLEMLESS A-wing with some other AF ships, not a very clear picture, but you can tell theres no emblem on the wings. 5 Days left starting at $15.95.

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 09:49 AM
Looks like H2RCR has chosen yet another Ebay ID:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747152714

Can they get any more stupid?

SWAFMAN
07-04-2002, 10:12 AM
sheesh! it's like he just screws people left & right, and when his neutrals & negatives get to where he (correctly) figures it's costing bids from those who are smart enough to view a seller's feedback before they bid, he just changes to a new ID.

Doesn't eBay have any kind of proactive policing of sellers' behavior, or is 100% driven by their receiving complaints from buyers? I mean, I know eBay makes their money off sellers, but still...

I think it would be uttterly simple for them to set a limit based on a very low ratio of negative feedback to total transactions (even some way to blend neutrals + negatives, with the neutrals weighted much less heavily than the negs, but still factored in as less-than positive), and when that limit is reached, a seller is banned. And it should track a seller across all new IDs they create, as long as there's a definite match via credit cards or bank accounts, or whatever.

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 10:16 AM
And it should track a seller across all new IDs they create, as long as there's a definite match via credit cards or bank accounts, or whatever.

Look at his auctions and the backgrounds he uses in them plus the animation for the seperating of the parts in the auction details. That is undeniably him, especially with him taking pics of loose micros the way he always does.

r2dee2
07-04-2002, 09:56 PM
Not the Star Tours Speeder like JT got for us........but nevertheless interesting...though WHERE to put it?
SPEEDER (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1546007896)

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 12:06 AM
R2, that's pretty cool looking. :cool: Now if only there were a life-size one made out of a car. ;)

I thought I'd post this cause I remember some people mentioning at some point they needed these, if anyones interest: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2117408639 It's got 15 hours left and is at 60 for all 6 Babylon 5 packs and it's so far only got one bidder.

vulcantouch
07-05-2002, 10:36 AM
howdy ebay,
just wondering when you're finally gonna take action against user h2rcr aka the-horta aka max-micros, who keeps changing identities in order to evade fallout from the neg feedback he regularly accumulates. as your records should show, at one time he also went by h2rcr1, but has since discarded it.
these four identities are just the ones we've been able to uncover; a trace of his ip accesspoints will likely uncover additionals. anyhoo, your attention to this matter is appreciated-
vt
of the micro machines collector watchdog community ;)

r2dee2
07-05-2002, 11:11 AM
If you are still trying to finish your numbered AF set, here are a few I found:

95 Star Wars Action Fleet Rebel Snowspeeder (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747328620)

95 Star Wars Action Fleet Vader's TIE Fighter (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747330846)

95 Star Wars Action Fleet Imperial AT-AT SE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747332645)

VT """"DITTO""""

r2dee2
07-05-2002, 11:24 AM
Was anyone going to bid on the Emblemless A-wing (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1746629268) that LTBasker alerted us to? I don't have the Emblemless A-Wing yet and was thinking about it, but didn't want to step on any toes :D

shinakuma43
07-05-2002, 11:39 AM
The numbered ships, at least the snospeeder, appear to have been opened. For some reason the thought popped into my head that I need the numbered At-At so I now have to dig them out and check for sure. Yesterday I would have said I had them all but now I guess my mind is going bye bye.

I don't need the emblemless a-wing, I probably paid more for my loose one than either current auction will reach but I've had it for at least a year.

Later,
S43

shinakuma43
07-05-2002, 11:45 AM
Epic Collections 4 and 6 minus Mon Remonda on ebay.

I just saw this listing which I hope to win. The mon Remonda is missing, but I'd rather just need that ship than the set so I'll still go for it. I don't plan on going much more than 75.00 for them but I also won't place a bid until about 10 seconds before the auction ends. So, please don't bid up the auction unless it gets beyond 75.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2119516674

Later,
S43

r2dee2
07-05-2002, 11:50 AM
S43...the auction "says" that the boxes have been unopened, but who knows for sure. The snowspeeder auction mentions that the ship has slipped from the ties and it is possible. The AT-AT says that there is a boxcutter mark on the box, so do take that into consideration if you decide to bid on that one :)

britcit3
07-05-2002, 11:57 AM
I don't believe it!!!!!!

Another unauthorised use of my pics by an Ebayer - cheeky sod (epic sets).

Shinky - just a word of warning - I have bid on this guys stuff before and if it don't go as high as he wants, the auction gets cancelled just before the end.

BC3

r2dee2
07-05-2002, 12:08 PM
britcit3 ....You could consider it a form of "flattery" :D I guess people copy or link to my ZAAP! set a lot, according to Warstar....I don't mind as long as the buyer doesn't hold me responsible for the item they get :)

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 12:32 PM
Well they know if they don't have a pic then people may not bid and so they don't have to go through the trouble of wasting their time getting their own pictures which there are many easy ways to get a picture on-line without a scanner or digital camera.

SWAFMAN
07-05-2002, 12:43 PM
bc3, I can email you a script to insert in your HTML that will give a popup when people right-click on your images, and not let them copy/save the images, if you wish.

you can see what I mean by going to my home page
http://home.adelphia.net/~jr44772/
and right-clicking.

you can type whatever message you want in the popup.

good shot jansen
07-05-2002, 12:51 PM
i 've been recently outbid on the emblemless a-wing auction i had bid on, the one where i didn't see shinky's reference to the buy it now until too late :(

i may place another bid on that one prior to the auctions close on sunday.

anyway, i'm not going to bid on the one that you refer to (the one that mr. basker pointed out), so go ahead, my toe's will be free and clear :)

r2dee2
07-05-2002, 01:05 PM
GSJ...do keep us informed on your A-wing....IF I were to win the LTBasker A-wing and you don't get the S43 one you're bidding on, then it will have to be yours....I STILL owe you:)!!!!!

SWAFMAN...your web page is looking and sounding great!! :D

shinakuma43
07-05-2002, 01:43 PM
Swaffy: It's easy enough to get around the script if someone actually wants the image. All that has to be done is to view the source code and get the direct link to the image. It may deter some people but probably not really anyone that has a use for them.

BC3: I thought the image loked familiar and assumed it was yours since there are very few lose pics of them out there (yours is the only one I've ever seen). A better way to go, IMO, would be to put your e-mail address or your name on each image. I believe that would help a lot more than the javascript. Who would want to use an image with someone else's name or e-mail address plastered across it?

Thanks for the info on the seller, I guess that's one way to avoid paying the fees of listing a reserve.

Later,
S43

britcit3
07-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Hey SWAF

I would be interested in that HTML code - could you email it to me?

And where do you insert it in the source code?

Cheers

BC3
james.hobson@virgin.net

SWAFMAN
07-05-2002, 05:04 PM
script has been emailed.

thanks r2dee2 re: the home page! :D

JediTricks
07-06-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by r2dee2
Not the Star Tours Speeder like JT got for us........but nevertheless interesting...though WHERE to put it?
SPEEDER (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1546007896) On the roof, with Santa and his reindeer! :D I hate how they defaced it with all those stickers though, that's just WRONG.

Basker, on that Babylon 5 auction, that was 60 british pounds, not american dollars. In dollars, it's like $90. Why would someone start an auction and then leave though?

VT, I'll be really surprised to hear any positive response from Safeharbor on that. Those guys are, to quote Ren Hoak, "eeeediots" - you have to spell everything out for them in small words and short sentences, making sure to use phrases from their Safeharbor rulebook or they'll never get the point. Think of them as the barely-literate, unfamiliar-with-english guy down at the local McDonalds who also happens to be a trainee and has a plate in his head from the time he licked a box of firecrackers on a dare... last week.

BC3, you should put a logo with your name and maybe even email address on your pics, real faint, but just enough so you don't get snaked.

Swaffy, I could defeat your script in under 10 seconds. In fact, on my Netscape 4 I'm using right now, I saved your wflag.gif graphic about half-way before I decided I didn't want it - time taken, .5 seconds (I have JS off at the moment).

SWAFMAN
07-06-2002, 12:41 PM
Swaffy, I could defeat your script in under 10 seconds. In fact, on my Netscape 4 I'm using right now, I saved your wflag.gif graphic about half-way before I decided I didn't want it - time taken, .5 seconds (I have JS off at the moment).

as my dad always says, "locks are for honest people."
anyone who really wants something will find a way to take it.
the script is like those super-cheap little padlocks that come on suitcase zippers. to keep honest folk from succumbing to a fleeting temptation of the moment.

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 01:24 PM
Here's a couple auctions I've found with HMS Bounty that some people might be interested in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1746194299 - MicroMachines X I STAR TREK : THE MOVIES - US $36.00 - Time left 2 days, 6 hours

^-- MIB Set XI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1745299750 - star trek micro machines VERY RARE #11 Open - US $68.01 (reserve not yet met) Buy It Now for US $120.00 - Time left 2 days, 3 hours

^-- Has Farragut and Space Dock Shuttle with the HMS Bounty, all loose.

Unfortunately Warp_Factor_10 is bidding on them (MissMiataRacer's purchasing identity) and so the prices will most likely not be to good. :(

shinakuma43
07-06-2002, 02:21 PM
I noticed a ST MM set 11 sold for I think 81.00 recently. That was the lowest I've ever seen. I didn't see it until it already ended, luckily I have it loose and carded and so I didn't need it anyways. It seems very odd though that it went for 81.00 and Baal wasn't the high bidder.

Later,
S43

r2dee2
07-06-2002, 10:08 PM
This guy has 3 sets of the new Hasbro AF!

NEW AF (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747482526)

Interesting auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747816288)

shinakuma43
07-06-2002, 10:15 PM
The E-Wings side guns don't appear to be included though. I didn't take a very close look, but I didn't see the e-wing droid either.

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
07-06-2002, 10:18 PM
what is that ship in front of the Rancor in the "interesting auction" link?

LTBasker
07-07-2002, 12:26 AM
what is that ship in front of the Rancor in the "interesting auction" link?

That's the Sand Skiff from Deluxe Luke Skywalker from the 1995 first Deluxe assortment.

r2dee2
07-07-2002, 12:30 AM
Good Call LTBasker:)!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747856417)

JediTricks
07-07-2002, 08:01 PM
as my dad always says, "locks are for honest people."
anyone who really wants something will find a way to take it.
the script is like those super-cheap little padlocks that come on suitcase zippers. to keep honest folk from succumbing to a fleeting temptation of the moment. Bah! Nertz to that, I didn't even know I had JS off until I checked my settings after saving your pic. :D

vulcantouch
07-08-2002, 10:21 AM
jt: "VT, I'll be really surprised to hear any positive response from Safeharbor"
-i Was about to concede your point, when lo & behold Lookie what appeared in my mailbox:

eBay is always glad to assist our members in any way we can. Thank you for contacting us today. We can certainly understand your frustration over this member.
We are concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly investigated your report. Please be assured that we have taken appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our actions may include issuing a warning, temporary suspension, indefinite suspension or terminating the memberships.
At this time, our records indicate the accounts you are reporting are currently not registered eBay users.
We appreciate your assistance in keeping eBay a fun and safe place to trade.
Regards,
eBay Customer Support

& sho nuff, a check of all 3 known current HoRseCaRass' pseudonyms (the-horta, max-micros and h2rcr) verifies that they are currently Out Of Commission :evil:
what was that personal motto of mine again? ah yes: clarity, style And RESULTS :cool: thanx to ltb for inspiring this righteous endeavor by finding & pointing out scalperboy's latest incarnation :cool:
vt :)

r2dee2
07-08-2002, 11:23 AM
Well, GSJ did you win this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1745842184) ?:)

r2dee2
07-08-2002, 11:25 AM
VT.......GREAT going:)!! Now we just need to keep our eyes open for a new identity!

good shot jansen
07-08-2002, 11:30 AM
i was caught up this weekend with the festive planning for masons 8th birthday, i completely forgot about returning to place a new bid :(

it's ok though, i got's lots o' patience! i'll get one eventually :)

shinakuma43
07-08-2002, 11:47 AM
Wow, someone else got it for 12.00? That's lower than regualr green A-Wings usually go for isn't it? Well, if I see another one I'll be sure to let you know.

Later,
S43

JediTricks
07-08-2002, 09:07 PM
First off, Paypal is being bought by eBay. Can you say "monopoly" boys and girls? I knew you could.

Originally posted by vulcantouch
jt: "VT, I'll be really surprised to hear any positive response from Safeharbor"
-i Was about to concede your point, when lo & behold Lookie what appeared in my mailbox:

eBay is always glad to assist our members in any way we can. Thank you for contacting us today. We can certainly understand your frustration over this member.
We are concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly investigated your report. Please be assured that we have taken appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our actions may include issuing a warning, temporary suspension, indefinite suspension or terminating the memberships.
At this time, our records indicate the accounts you are reporting are currently not registered eBay users.
We appreciate your assistance in keeping eBay a fun and safe place to trade.
Regards,
eBay Customer Support

& sho nuff, a check of all 3 known current HoRseCaRass' pseudonyms (the-horta, max-micros and h2rcr) verifies that they are currently Out Of Commission :evil:
what was that personal motto of mine again? ah yes: clarity, style And RESULTS :cool: thanx to ltb for inspiring this righteous endeavor by finding & pointing out scalperboy's latest incarnation :cool:
vt :) Goodness! I've gotten almost that exact same letter on dozens of occasions and rarely do they actually do much of anything.

LTBasker
07-09-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Goodness! I've gotten almost that exact same letter on dozens of occasions and rarely do they actually do much of anything.

I dunno about it this time, JT. I searched for one of his auctions which was supposed to still have a few days left, but it came up invalid. And I can't find any of his auctions in a search fo Star Trek micro-machines. Not even one of those ST Set XV error sets he's been selling which he says he has only one of but is amazingly able to sell multiple times to different people. :rolleyes:

SWAFMAN
07-09-2002, 06:14 PM
SST & EP1 AFs & a BSG Viper (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748636603)

this one will likely go pretty high, but now is under $6 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748635189)

this guy again??? listing a royal starship for a $60 starting price? c'mon VT or R2dee2, can't you find & HURT this guy? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748430871)

is this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748222248) even permissible under eBay rules?:
"PLEASE, the first 48 hrs are for LOOKING. Start your bids on the 3rd day!
We will honor the *** Buy-It-Now *** up to 72 hrs before the end of auction, over and above any existing bids, which will be cancelled so that the Buy-It-Now can be executed ! Email the request! You must be able to pay with Paypal to do this! Do NOT ask me to end an auction early - not an option!
Be the 1st to jump on the *** BUY IT NOW ***, bidding for our unique items often exceeds that value!"

all 4 flight controller AFs (not the "trench" ones) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748033694)

yavin playset, for anyone wanting one after reading the recent posts :) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747881421)

r2dee2
07-09-2002, 07:10 PM
I'm with you SWAFFY, but I'd love to find this Denverite and find out WHERE he/she is finding all those AF's!!!!!!!

I put a bid on the flight controllers yesterday, but I do have one of each of those, so if anyone is still in need of those, I'll hold back...NO PROBLEM!!

Well, I got the AF lot, payment has been made and I will sit back and HOPE that it is indeed an emblemless green A-wing....if so...it will find it's way to GSJ for HIS GREAT OUTSTANDING help:)!!!

Hope Mason has/had a great birthday!!

SWAFMAN
07-09-2002, 10:05 PM
I put a bid on the flight controllers yesterday, but I do have one of each of those, so if anyone is still in need of those, I'll hold back...NO PROBLEM!!

wow, I didn't even see who had placed bids on that one when I looked at it and posted the link, r2dee2! I just saw what the auction was for, and the price. Had I seen your name as bidder, I wouldn't have posted the link. :)

vulcantouch
07-09-2002, 11:53 PM
-careful what you wish for ;)
ltb: info on scalperboy's liquidation plans is contained in my last-3 days email spar w/him below, in which i let him know i was responsible for his suspension. 1st subject title comes from his claimed plan in his item description:

Subject: "Everything should be listed within the first two weeks of July"
-hmm, somehow i doubt That :D
vt

Subject: hey Vulcan Douche...
I'll give you a call sometime.....
-that's gonna be kinda hard, seein as how You Don't Have My Number, eh scalperboy?
i'm afraid the reverse is certainly not true; i've certainly got Your number, if you take my meaning :p

my phone rates are cheaper after 3am...aw heck, I'll just make it collect.....
-promises promises; you're all talk, HoRseCaRcass (which happens to be exactly what your ex-gal told me about you :p ). but of course, i spose talk is all you Can be, Now That You've Been Suspended :D :D :D
vt

I have your number and your street address unless you moved in the last year.
-unless?? what's this Unless crap? since when does a death-threater qualify his threat with the word "unless"? what a Weenie :rolleyes:
as i said, You're All Talk; your ability to obtain my address from even Fifteen years ago is laughable :p

I also have some friends that moved and live in Colorado now so maybe that would be the simplest way to straighten you out...
-perhaps; if only you had my address which, as i said before, You Don't :p
btw, the most implausible part of your intimation: You Have Friends? :rolleyes:

watch that rear view mirror...8)
-ewwww, LTMI about your luvlife :p

by the way nutless....I was going to list all my items since I got a real job again as a Controller for $55k and don't need the penny-ante **** you consider a lifestyle. now I will be selling the lot to someone for $6k and be done with it.
-key phrase: Got A Real Job. about damn time, parasite :rolleyes:
another scalper bites the dust; mission accomplished :)

have a nice life....while it lasts....
-thanks, i've been Waiting for your permission :rolleyes:
vt

shinakuma43
07-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Swaffy: You missed the Sith Infiltrator that the Royal Starship seller listed. It had a min of 79.99 and a BN of 80.00. I was surprised to see it sell very fast.

R2 good job on the emblemless auction, I was surprised to see that lot go so high though.

Since Flight Controlers were mentioned I now remember that I need the X-Wing with the bonus ships and trench. If anyone has an extra I'd love to take it off your hands. I also don't have a loose Interceptor FC, but if the ship is the same as the regular Int (which I assume) I'm not worried about it.

VT: Is that post about the Royal Starship seller? I can't believe he's getting 55 K to be a controller. Is that a TV controller or a new AF flight controller? lol

Later,
S43

SID
07-10-2002, 12:10 AM
VULCAN TOUCH,

Who's this" forkin icehole" giving you all this "caca"?:sur:
Is it that h2racer guy on ebay?:mad:

haggie
07-10-2002, 12:13 AM
I don't own any of the Flight Controllers and didn't realize there were different versions of each released. Shinakuma43, what are the "bonus ships and trench" you mention?

SWAFMAN
07-10-2002, 12:17 AM
if no one has any scans of the flight controllers with bonus death star trench & ships, I'd be happy to scan & post pics...

(added at 01:47....)

even reduced to a small viewing size, the .jpg files are over 100kb each, and there are four (front & back of 2 boxes).

Will try to e-mail a .zip of the four files to Haggie.

If anyone else wants the pics, let me know. If you don't have WinZip, I can send them in a self-extracting zip file.

JediTricks
07-10-2002, 01:16 AM
is this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748222248) even permissible under eBay rules?:
"PLEASE, the first 48 hrs are for LOOKING. Start your bids on the 3rd day!
We will honor the *** Buy-It-Now *** up to 72 hrs before the end of auction, over and above any existing bids, which will be cancelled so that the Buy-It-Now can be executed ! Email the request! You must be able to pay with Paypal to do this! Do NOT ask me to end an auction early - not an option!
Be the 1st to jump on the *** BUY IT NOW ***, bidding for our unique items often exceeds that value!"I don't think so, report it to safeharbor.

good shot jansen
07-10-2002, 06:54 AM

Well, I got the AF lot, payment has been made and I will sit back and HOPE that it is indeed an emblemless green A-wing....if so...it will find it's way to GSJ for HIS GREAT OUTSTANDING help:)!!!

absolutely not!, as i recall you are in need of the emblemless a-wing yourself.

i appreciate your thinking of me, but i should have bid on that recent auction which ended for 12.00, in fact i feel like a 1st class joik for forgettin' about it (even worse for not putting a proper bid amount in the foist place). i'm sure a couple of folks here wanted to bid on that green a-wing, but didn't as a courtisy deferment to me, and i royally blew it:(

about two years ago, jt offered me his emblemless a-wing from his own collection, which i refused, as i don't want anyone to part with a toy for me, that they didn't have plans of partin with in the 1st place.

please, r2, enjoy the a-wing. don't fret about me, i will at some point track one down in the future:)

Hope Mason has/had a great birthday!!

mason is having a fabulous birthday! we bought a game cube console for the family, and mason got rougue squadron and smash brothers melee for it (dad got all star baseball 2003!!!!!!)

and he also got an aotc anakin with clone troopers skate board!

on saturday we're having 10 of his friends over for a swim/bbq/sleep over! i'm predicting a verrrrrrry long drawn out sunday.

shinakuma43
07-10-2002, 11:06 AM
It looks like this is the numbered version of the At-St and Landspeeder AF boxed set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748863659

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
07-10-2002, 11:11 AM
great catch, S43. just watch out for that "shipping & handling" & it is opened, if that matters to anyone. but it looks in fine shape!

shinakuma43
07-10-2002, 11:16 AM
just looked and it clearer has been opened. I guess I couldn't get my eyes past the numbered sticker, lol. Swaffy's right, shipping charges aren't listed so you should check with the seller before bidding.

Later,
S43

vulcantouch
07-10-2002, 11:48 PM
speakin of which, here's the latest :D

gee...you are right.
-about Time you saw that light :p

I have no information about you other than the picture of your mongoloid mug from your buddy's web site where you went to a convention
-while a fanbase is always flattering, i've got an idea: show that pic of my mongoloid mug to your ex-gal & watch as an unmistakable look of Recognition spreads across Her face :p

...nor do I know anyone that has traded or was involved in a transaction with you...
-actually you know at least Four people: baal, trekmicromachines, britcit3 and goodshotjansen, at least one of whom you've even met in person. i wouldn't count on Any of them being much help to You though. cuz while HoRseCaRcass was gouging mm collectors, vt earned their trust & loyalty :cool:

Anything that may happen will just be a coincendence
-hate to burst your bluster, but: in order for an event to be a "coincidence" it has to Actually Occur :p
i say again, You're All Talk. and all talk is all laughable :p

...and karma...lots of karma.
-actually, karma is the term for my successful, righteous VendeTta upon you for bein a lyin', scalpin sack who was dumb enough to cross me. meanwhile, "karmic agent" is what I'M called. thus, your lecture to me about karma's as hilarious as it is presumptious :p

I'll be sitting here a couple of thousand miles away (just a guess of course), in my 3 bedroom home with a view of the ocean on the 1/2 acre lot sipping my rum-runner. My phone and address are still listed for my domain, feel free to mail me another letter. You can also look up my address on Lycos maps for a nice idea of exactly where I live.
-thanx, but if i didn't already know how to obtain such info about you i could always beeyotch-smack it out of you :p

You can stick to scurrying around in the undergrowth of the Internet hoping no one will see you in the light of day.
-nice try, but i entertain no such hopes or fears one way or the other. i also Don't play Your game. instead i make You play Mine :p

Maybe someday (but do not count on it) you will learn to communicate like a real person in complete messages without parsing to sections to reflect your inability to carry a thought
-first express a thought Worth "carrying"; until then, james joyce you ain't, & your pedestrian peckins'll be subject to the same unceremonious surgery any such self-anointed "poetry" deserves :p

or using emoticons which show your lame, 2D lifestyle you think is reality.
-it's called Style, sparky; love it or shove it :p

My doctor did agree that if a hemmaroid does not go away with medication, surgical removal would be required.
-ewww, LTMI about your personal medical travails :p

It'll cost more than I expected but would be worth it to relieve the occassional burning and itching it causes. Fortunately I have a real job again and the expense will be minor in relation to my salary making 3x what I was by selling toys as a "scalper". No more hamburger helper and spagetti for mainstays while raking in those huge profits from you kids. The person that is buying your dream collection from me (I'm using that money to buy a car and replace my old van) will have a price list so you will still be unable to afford anything unless your mommy buys it for you...
-where'd you get the impression that i (or for that matter my "mommy" ) was ever in the market for Anything you scalp (or should i say Used to scalp :p )? the same place you got the impression that scalpin toys is an acceptable, respectable activity for a grown-up?
read em & weep: i long ago completed My mm collection. what i've done to you i've done for my own Karmic satisfaction and for mm collectors everywhere :p

stick to playing with the pre-adolescents you are used to and who obviously have no better role model to follow...
-i spose you could Suggest a better "role model"? a cuckolded, forty-something scalper perhaps? :p
vt

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 12:07 AM
...nor do I know anyone that has traded or was involved in a transaction with you...
-actually you know at least Four people: baal, trekmicromachines, britcit3 and goodshotjansen, at least one of whom you've even met in person. i wouldn't count on Any of them being much help to You though. cuz while HoRseCaRcass gouges mm collectors, vt earns loyalty from those same collectors :cool:

Well you forgot about me who joined on the StarTrekToys.com MB crusades. ;)

Now if we could only get MiataRacer outta business, then we would be pretty much be fairly scalper free on ST Micros, cause while there are several scalpers for STMMs on ebay, she and H2RCR seem to be the biggest. Especially with MiataRacer/Warp_Factor_10 bidding alot on low-priced and higher-priced auctions for her stock. Though suprisingly her site seems to be down as of the last time I checked, but she keeps buying. :mad:

SWAFMAN
07-11-2002, 04:43 PM
what a freakin' JOKE! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749199018)
the seller's profit on the shipping price is enough to pay for what you're getting.

well, that may a slight exaggeration, but not much.

r2dee2
07-11-2002, 07:50 PM
I've been outbid on ebay for the flight contollers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748033694) and I don't intend to bid any higher, so if anyone wants to bid on these please feel free:)

vulcantouch
07-14-2002, 12:29 PM
meanwhile, the latest (note: since he prefers a certain modesty re this matter, thanx to a certain someone we all know here who used to go by the name Random Ranger, for his technical assistance re below countermeasures :) )

Is it your palsy that has you hitting the "send" button repeatedly?
-You're one to talk, seeing as how you've sent Your last two mails twice :p check the address bar, genius: i Haven't sent repeatedly, i've sent Once, to the Three different mailboxes you maintain (no doubt to facilitate your multiple ebay guises- or, should i say, Former ebay guises :p ). i guess now you see the downside of such duplicity is that it can be used against you :p

Your acquaintances may actually think you make sense but stick to the pre-adolescents that don't know any better. Most the folks you mentioned whom I have dealt with all understand buying/selling and have taken advantage of it themselves
-Most?? what's this Most crap? don't you ever stop with all these non-specific Weenie qualifiers attached to your desperate assertions? :p

except for Baal (who doesn't sell, he just buys what he wants regardless of the cost), not children like yourself trading baseball cards.
-baseball cards? BaseBAAL Cards??? i thought you said you Knew things about me :rolleyes:

I do not make idle threats
-first rule of show & tell: Show, don't tell. don't like the triumphant smirk on my face? then Come Wipe It Off. otherwise my cacklefest at Your expense continues :p

and I do not play games on the Internet or write bull**** e-mail
-see above "show & tell" remark :p

in lieu of conversation which apparently is your sole focus for breathing. I do things, not talk about them...
-again, see above "show & tell" remark :p when are you finally gonna face facts that if you wanna intimidate me you're gonna have to put up hella more than Just Talk?

which wraps this up, finally...
-oh? then how do you explain following email below? :p

Since I am not even bothering to look
-of Course you aren't :p

for where you may have inserted some dribble in my previous e-mail,
-???

any further contact is a waste of my valuable time. The only thing I may bother reading would be a newspaper clipping...
As of now, July 11th, 11:30am EST, I am instructing you to cease and desist using my domain e-mail addresses (h2racer.com) for your ongoing adolescent abuse.
-considering it was You who last wrote me rather than the reverse, your credibility in "instructing" me to stop writing is compromised to say the least.
you want me to "cease & desist"? then Don't keep insisting on getting the last word with me. every lawyer in the world will tell you that so long as you continue to send nasty emails you've no legal right to demand that your opponent stop doing the same.

ANY further e-mail received will be considered Harassment and an Abuse Complaint filed with your ISP service.
-you're welcome to try; meanwhile, I'm welcome to try bringing your multiple death threats to the attention of Your isp. entertaining as i've found them, i don't think Either of us wants that, most of all you: remember the following legally actionable little gem of yours from feb 12 2000, which i just Happened to've retained all this time?

(no subject)
Since there is nothing you will be able to do about it, you are being told this:
You are dead. You will be lucky to see March.

routing analysis confirms above message originated from the exact same ip accesspoint (205.252.34.13) you're using Right Now.
i think i've been pretty sporting about all your toothless-but-nonetheless-illegal invective, but i doubt either your isp or the fbi would be as understanding. so if you feel like saying bye-bye to h2racer.com (among other liberties), Try Me. and switching ips won't help you either, cuz several of my pals regularly monitor ebay mm auctions & will quickly spot any auction that even Looks like it's yours.
i may be finishing this but i didn't start it; at every turn i've Reacted to rather than Initiated your nonsense. and as you saw above, i've retained all two years' worth of email to prove it.
face it: i've got you dead to rights. your website, your ability to use the internet at all And your legal status is in jeopardy. meanwhile, the only thing you'll ever be able to cause me is amusement. so if i were you i'd judiciously cut my losses, take my vt-spearheaded ebay suspension like a man and retreat into quiet & resigned (or loud & undignified- makes little diff to me :p ) ignominy. (thankfully for my future amusement, of course, i'm Not you :p )
but cheer up, loser: things aren't All bad. judging from the bumper-stickers holding the back of your pick-up truck together, there is One issue close to your heart on which we can no doubt agree:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/printthread.php?threadid=11126&perpage=79 (2nd-to-last post) :)
see you in purgatory-
vt

r2dee2
07-14-2002, 06:52 PM
If you still need this one...
Series Alpha WHITE X-Wing (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749321636)

r2dee2
07-15-2002, 10:18 PM
If you're looking for a second wave Build Your Own Podracer set,
here's one on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749409776)

comparison pics (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/mmbuildpodracer.htm)

shinakuma43
07-16-2002, 12:32 AM
Hey everyone, I made a big mistake. I managed not to bid on the Epic sets IV & VI minus the Mon Remonda. It sold for about 20.00 less than I decided I'd pay, but I forget all about it and just got home and found out it ended. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait longer. I can't believe I did it.

Thanks R2 for the message on the second series build your own pods. I didn't have it but also never searched for it. Since it was pointed out I figured I'd take it.

So there were supposed to be 13 E1 DC Ms? Does anyone know what the 5 unproduced ones were going to be?

Later,
S43

good shot jansen
07-16-2002, 02:33 PM
i was primarily after the starship trooper af's (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748636603) i'd actually been hunting these things for some time now, but as most of you know, they usually end up going for more than i would like to spend. the battlestar gallactica viper was a big added plus to securing this win :)

as you can tell by the photo, the very nifty taco bell floaty cloud city is included, as well as an mtt and sand crawler.

if anyone needs the cloud city let me know, and i'll be glad to forward it on.

after i consult with mason, the snad crawler may be available as well. he's already got one, and i can't imagine why he'd want another, except that in aotc, they did show several crawlers parked together, so he may want a 2nd one for this reason, but if he passes it's anyone's for the asking.

the mtt, i know he wants, he's got three already, and grumbled something about wanting more for his nubian battles :)

gawd this feels sooo good! it's been so long since i'v snagged anything that i'v been after! :happy:

SWAFMAN
07-16-2002, 04:43 PM
cool! I'm glad something (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748636603) I posted finally helped someone out.
GSJ, I'm not in any hurry at all to get it, but if you and Mason do decide that the cloud city is expendible, please let me know. I don't have one and always thought they were cool.

BTW, still waiting for Cheryl's address. She said she's been having AOL problems lately, so hopefully she'll be getting back to me soon. But she did say it was a "done deal" in her last message.

this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748188824) is completely getting ridiculous - $102 for a loose e-wing. and look who bought it! Does that make you feel any better, Sakay?

and what the heck is up with this ?? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748773190)

shinakuma43
07-16-2002, 06:28 PM
102.00 isn't the highest I've seen a loose E-Wing go for, is is higher than average I'd say but not way off. If I needed it I'd expect to get it around 70-80.00 on ebay.

31.00 for Wedge's X-Wing? Wow, well I just saw a 26.00 loose AF slave 1 yesterday as well as a lot of other loose AFs going for much more than boxed ones usually sell for. If you want an AF slave 1 you can probably get one today tomorrow, the next day... for 10.00. Some people are just crazy.

GSJ: Good job on getting the Retrieval Ship and TAC Fighter. 41.00 for them and the other stuff isn't bad at all.

Later,
S43

haggie
07-16-2002, 06:29 PM
Yikes! $30 for a Wedge X-Wing?! That is crazy. I've had so many chances to buy one for $10 over the last six months and always passed it up. I need a Wedge and a Luke X-Wing but have never been willing to pay even $10 each for them. There'll be another one for $10 next week.

Mighty Warrior is buying up a ton of AFs. He's already bought 2 E-Wings. He also bought my extra Virago. Looks like he's just a collector though Maybe he should be made aware of this forum?

LTBasker
07-16-2002, 06:38 PM
People are just too lazy to open the packages these days. :rolleyes:

r2dee2
07-16-2002, 09:02 PM
Numbered KB EXCLUSIVE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1748863659) and it looks like the mighty warrior is in there bidding.

SWAFMAN
07-16-2002, 09:25 PM
cool avatar Marilyn!

I just hope that the lameness of the EP2 swaf we've seen from the recent pics, and the official statement JT posted from Hasbro hasn't leaked out enough to the collector / scalper community to where we're going to see all the pre-existing releases of AF go ridiculously high priced on the auction market.

r2dee2
07-16-2002, 09:38 PM
In case you need the SOTE set there's one on EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749452031)

Thanks SWAFMAN on the avatar...you mean the R2 I've been using for the last 100 posts or is there something I missed?:confused:

r2dee2
07-16-2002, 10:01 PM
It looks like another Emblemless A-wing (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750467219) ?!! Hmmmmmmm

SWAFMAN
07-16-2002, 11:55 PM
I guess I'm just not very observant. I never noticed the way the ToyForce text changes color. :crazed:

I've e-mailed the seller on the emblemless to ask if the pic is taken from the exact item being auctioned, and would the seller be willing to add a "buy it now" if there are no bids placed yet.
I have no intention of bidding, just thought I'd ask the seller about it.

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 03:59 AM
So there were supposed to be 13 E1 DC Ms? Does anyone know what the 5 unproduced ones were going to be? I just posted about wave 3 of Ep 1 Die Casts in another thread:

- Naboo Fighter
- Anakin's Podracer
- Gungan Sub
- Trade Fed Lander
- MTT

JediGoofy
07-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Hi S43,
jt already answered your question about the unproduced Die-Cast. If you want to have a look at them you can find pictures here (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=6758).

By the way, reading your posts I am amazed by your collection. It seems it includes every variation of MM, AF, boxed and loose items. Wow! :eek: So I would like to ask you if you have (or you are planning to have) a web site where to show your collection. :) It would be very interesting.

Thank you for your answer,
JediGoofy

good shot jansen
07-17-2002, 10:37 AM

if you and Mason do decide that the cloud city is expendible, please let me know. I don't have one and always thought they were cool.

consider it yours! :)

SWAFMAN
07-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Verified from the seller that the emblemless snowspeeder in r2's post is the one shown in the picture.

r2dee2
07-17-2002, 09:07 PM
SWAFMAN....did you ask if the A-wing is the actual one up for auction or did you ask if this A-wing was indeed the emblemless version? Since it's not mentioned in the auction, I hesitate to ask the seller if it is a certain variation, thinking they might end the auction and put it back up with the altered description of the item in hopes for more interest and bids.

I just find it interesting that we've had about 4 emblemless A-wings in a short span of time and wonder if this is more a true "variation" rather than a paint error? Do YOU guys feel this is more a variation or an error?

haggie
07-17-2002, 09:46 PM
I've always considered it a variation because paint errors aren't necessarily identical or consistant. Plus, doesn't the emblessless A-Wing have blast damage in front of the cockpit while the one with the emblem does not?

LTBasker
07-17-2002, 09:51 PM
I just find it interesting that we've had about 4 emblemless A-wings in a short span of time and wonder if this is more a true "variation" rather than a paint error? Do YOU guys feel this is more a variation or an error?

Perhaps they are variation errors. I wonder if Galoob made these first and held them back because of them not having the emblems but found it to expensive to run them through it again to get the emblems on them all so they just decided to put them through the packaging assembly at one point because they didn't want to make more than the initial run due to the amount that was let through.

It is a little too common to be just a random error, especially since Galoob seemed to have had some pretty good quality control.

SWAFMAN
07-17-2002, 10:06 PM
r2, I don't think I tipped him off to anything. Here's my e-mail to the seller, and his reply:
--------------
----- Original Message -----
To: <mjb@saferinternet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 12:59 AM
Subject: Question for seller -- Item #1750467219

Hi, I just was wondering if the picture used in the auction is taken from the exact item being offered, and would you be willing to add a "buy it now" option if there are no bids placed yet?

Thanks,
Joe
---------------------------
hi joe,
yes this is the item being offered.if your interested i have another one that i havn`t listed yet.only thing different is the color.item is still sealed and in the box.if you want make me an offer. thanks! mike
--------------------
Title of item: micro machines A-wing starfighter
Seller: mjb23
Starts: Jul-15-02 17:36:01 PDT
Ends: Jul-22-02 17:36:01 PDT
Price: Starts at $5.00
To view the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?iewItem&item=1750467219

r2dee2
07-17-2002, 10:53 PM
SWAFMAN...yes I think you did it smoothly and didn't tip him off:)

Not having seen the emblemless A-wing yet, I don't know about the blast marks, but I'll sure check it out haggie. I'll have to do some comparison scans :)

It is certainly "sounding" more like a variation to me, rather than a paint error....and if any of LTBasker's premise is correct, perhaps a pattern can be found among all the emblemless A-wings we have amongst us......curiouser and curiouser :cool:

haggie
07-17-2002, 11:12 PM
I'd be curious to see if they have the same UPC number. I only own one with the emblems.

SWAFMAN
07-17-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by haggie
I've always considered it a variation because paint errors aren't necessarily identical or consistant. Plus, doesn't the emblessless A-Wing have blast damage in front of the cockpit while the one with the emblem does not?

Haggie & R2, I just checked mine, and both the green A-Wings (with & without emblem) have the blast marks, but the red one does not. Here's a scan...

r2dee2
07-17-2002, 11:58 PM
Here is a scan of 2 green A-wings, one with and one without the emblem. I can't tell about the blast marks for sure, but the only difference at first glance seems to be the lack of or presence of the emblem. Will have to wait for a close-up comparison.

A-Wings Comparison (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/awingcompare.jpg)

haggie
07-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Here is a pair of Naboo Fighters (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750221823) going for really cheap with one day left if anybody is interested in building a fleet of them.

haggie
07-19-2002, 11:46 PM
large Darth Vader TIE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750231780) in what looks to be a pristene silver logo box for really cheap with one day left.

Rancor (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750229716), which is relatively scarce, for really cheap.

haggie
07-19-2002, 11:52 PM
pile of MM sets (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750460185) for $10 + $10 s/h, 2 days left.

SWAFMAN
07-20-2002, 12:18 AM
large Darth Vader TIE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750231780) in what looks to be a pristene silver logo box for really sheap with one day left.

Rancor (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750229716), which is relatively scarce, for really cheap.

WOW! That seller has the same table as r2dee2 ;)

r2dee2
07-20-2002, 01:49 PM

WOW! That seller has the same table as r2dee2 ;)

:D yes it was HIS auctions that I did the quick comparison scans of for the green emblemless/emblem A-wing shot (since I don't have one myself to do it:) . I actually just received the green A-wing from this seller and it is NOT the emblemless version. I'm in the process of resolving it right now and he seems to be trying very hard to make it right........so if you bid on any of his auctions be sure to clarify any questions before bidding.

SWAFMAN
07-21-2002, 01:14 PM
I know this isn't really MM, but it was so cool, I wanted to post it:

Starship enterprise Porc. statue (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2123737778)

this looks like it would be a wonderful display piece

and - I'd love to snag this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1751569312) but it's out of my price range. maybe one of you other AF collectors may be interested.

vented mm single ships packs (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750662992)

haggie
07-21-2002, 08:55 PM
These two auctions are insane. What are these bidders thinking?

Skyhopper (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749636692)
Landing Craft (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749635859)

Remind me not to bid on anything lovey() bids on. That bidder is way too loose with the funds.

haggie
07-21-2002, 09:32 PM
If anybody just can't wait for the new Vader TIE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1751026727) there is one on eBay for $9.95 + 4.25 shipping.

r2dee2
07-21-2002, 10:02 PM
These two auctions are insane. What are these bidders thinking?

Skyhopper (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749636692)
Landing Craft (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1749635859)

Remind me not to bid on anything lovey() bids on. That bidder is way too loose with the funds.

That IS insane, and on top of it the AF vehicles are LOOSE with NO BOX!!!

shinakuma43
07-21-2002, 11:57 PM
I've noticed quite a few loose AF auctions end for more than boxed versions. I guess the new AF collectors are pretty lazy, they'd rather pay more than open them themselves sheesh.

Swaffy: Thanks for the link on the Italian? boxed Death star. If it was more reasonably priced I would have already taken it. I have to think about that though, 50.00 plus shipping is more than I'd like to spend on it at the moment, but who knows 10 minutes from now :)

Later,
s43

haggie
07-25-2002, 01:33 AM
Check these auctions out. You could really build up your army by winning this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1752568204) or this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1752572446).

SWAFMAN
07-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Classic Duels TIE Int./Falcon (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1753191449)

Zaap pair - buy it now price is $200 (ack!!) wonder what the reserve is?? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1753465566)

(I've e-mailed the seller to ask the reserve)

added at 11:22 AM 7/26 - reserve is $150.00

LTBasker
07-28-2002, 01:50 AM
The hardest to find remote AT-AT? It's not a window box...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2124294323

haggie
07-28-2002, 01:57 AM
The ZAAP! pack is the same one that didn't sell a month ago. He had the same reserve then. Guess we'll see if it goes. I need one but I'm not spending that kind of money.

The hardest remote AT-AT is the white box version, although I've heard that the small window is harder to come by than the full window box version, but I really don't know if that is true. The white box one was only available at JCPenny according to r2dee2's SWAF site (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/remoteatat.htm). I've never seen the white box version but I usually see about two small box versions a month on eBay.

LTBasker
07-28-2002, 02:01 AM
Ah, ok I had only heard of the full window box and the J.C. Pennys AT-AT, didn't know the specifics though. Thanks for the info. :cool:

SWAFMAN
07-30-2002, 11:39 PM
hopefully I'm being unnecessarily paranoid, but this seller from Florida (albeit Ft.Lauderdale - far south of where I thought he was from - daytona??) seems to have an inventory (http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=grandmatoyz&sort=3&page=1&rows=25&since=-1&showpics=1&stab=0) sort of similar to our "forkin icehole" nemesis.

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 11:42 PM
That also looks to be the same as the senorita's pricing too. :rolleyes: If anyone's got a link to his site, then pricing could be compared.

Although it could also be some newbie who saw his site and thinks they can cheaply make a buck. Though considering some of the people on ebay, they're right. :rolleyes:

vulcantouch
07-30-2002, 11:56 PM
swaffy: "seller seems to have an inventory sort of similar to our 'forkin icehole'"
-indeed he does; sharp eyes, swaffy :cool: i suggest we report him to ebay for being yet another incarnation of h2rcr, max_micros & the_horta :dead:
vt

shinakuma43
07-31-2002, 08:26 AM
US carded Mini Head set VII is now on it's way to me :)

Later,
S43

good shot jansen
08-01-2002, 07:34 AM
also includes a star destroyer (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1753696953)

r2dee2
08-01-2002, 08:21 AM
US carded Mini Head set VII is now on it's way to me :)

Later,
S43

CONGRATS S43!!! and of course a scan will be forthcoming as well :D :D :D ! please.

shinakuma43
08-01-2002, 11:51 AM
No problem R2. I may be getting the rest of the US carded sets as well so if you need images of the rest too just LMK. BTW, some of my pics are going to be in the August issue of AFN&TR. Some of my images are also in the "Star wars Super Collector's Wishbook" as well as a page of text on MMs. The second edition will have a lot more images and info, I was asked days before the deadline.

Later,
S43

r2dee2
08-01-2002, 12:07 PM
S43...yes I'd love any mini heads pics you can take...no hurry though:)

Cool on your pics and info in the "Star Wars Super Collector's Wishbook" and the August AFN&TR! !! I'll check it out :) :cool:

Todd got my relocated webpage in his book too...just in time for the deadline....it's at the back of the book:)

shinakuma43
08-01-2002, 12:22 PM
Ok, I'll get the images to you as soon as I can. The guy I'm getting them from is currently buying them from someone else to sell to me, so it may be a little while. I'm trying to speed it up though by paying now rather than waiting until he has them (someday maybe I'll learn to be a little more patient).

I just checked and saw your site addres in the book, I also noticed I'm listed on the same page as well under the acknowledgements section. I guess i didn't notice before since I've only looked at the galoob stuff so far.

I've noticed some errors and omisions in the MM section but in the second edition everything will be correct (at least to the extent of my limited knowledge).

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
08-04-2002, 02:46 PM
battle damaged virago? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755578414)

decent price (so far) for 3 orginal series battle packs (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755716799)

lower than average starting price for an AF predator warrior transport (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754976784)

Sakay, here's a B-wing - if you don't plan to bid please say so, because I may be interested... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755576636)

YAVIN PLAYSET excellent starting price & low shipping cost... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755575670)

AF Aliens Narcissus - cheap starting price, decent shipping & extra "freebie" (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2127788099)

B5 Wars Minbari Asst. (Fleet Action Scale) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755312904)

another alpha B-wing....Sakay? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754654889)

good current price (~28 incl. shipping) for mixed lot of AF ships & playsets... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754571326)

what the heck is this person selling??? please explain (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754329129)

haggie
08-04-2002, 06:16 PM
what the heck is this person selling??? please explain (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754329129)

I'm guessing that is one of those figures that has strings that are strung through all the body pieces tightly to make it stand up straight and a button on the bottom that loosens the strings and makes the figure go limp when pressed. I had a ton of these types of toys when I was a kid and assumed that they just didn't make anything like them anymore. Then again, I may be completely off base here. Whatever it is, I don't think it's actually an AF product.

britcit3
08-05-2002, 03:49 AM
Message for R2DEE2

There is a scalper advertising your site for you.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1756072101

Isn't that nice of them.

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
08-05-2002, 06:20 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754571326
Currently US $20.77 - Time left 1 days, 4 hours +
Loose Falcon plus some other stuff (looks like it all has figures)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755953780
Currently US $22.06 - Time left 4 days, 12 hours +
Loose Rogue Squadron Snowspeeder plus some other stuff (has the figures)

Just thought some people might be interested in those. :)

good shot jansen
08-05-2002, 07:35 AM
mm set with apc, current askin' price $1.00 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755358253)

unfortunately, i can't move individual posts (pnly delete them)

r2dee2
08-05-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by britcit3
Message for R2DEE2

There is a scalper advertising your site for you.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1756072101

Isn't that nice of them.

Cheers

BC3

Thanks britcit3, I know Warstar previously mentioned that he'd seen some links to my ZAAP page before too.....so, I've added a little "disclaimer" to my ZAAP! page (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/zaap.htm)

It's been so long since I got my ZAAP set that I forget what I paid for it, tho' I probably have records SOMEWHERE. Does anyone remember what the price was direct from Galoob? I was thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $35-40?

r2dee2
08-05-2002, 11:16 AM
what the heck is this person selling??? please explain (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754329129) [/B][/QUOTE]

Looks like it's THIS (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755753232)

JediTricks
08-06-2002, 03:10 AM
what the heck is this person selling??? please explain (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754329129) The title is simply keyword spamming, it's neither Action Fleet nor vintage.

GSJ, when you wanna move individual posts, you "split" a thread, just that post, and it becomes its own thread. Then you simply merge the new thread into the place it wanted to go. (as I just did with Swaffy's post in question)

good shot jansen
08-06-2002, 06:53 AM
i'd respond with thanx jt or something like that, but then i would have to perform the above instructed proceedure on this here post as it would be considered off topic..........................doh! (too late)

jeddah
08-06-2002, 12:55 PM
Whatever he describes it as, I have the full set of KFC EP1 collectibles and they're all as daft as a brush. In fact, out of all of them, the Pit Droid is the pantsest

No wonder EP1 merchandise was such a car accident.........:rolleyes:

jeddah

r2dee2
08-07-2002, 09:01 AM
Here's an auction for the Ewoks on the striped card, but it's pricey....BUT if you HAVE TO HAVE IT! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1756573568) :)

r2dee2
08-07-2002, 09:06 AM
No problem R2. I may be getting the rest of the US carded sets as well so if you need images of the rest too just LMK. BTW, some of my pics are going to be in the August issue of AFN&TR. Some of my images are also in the "Star wars Super Collector's Wishbook" as well as a page of text on MMs. The second edition will have a lot more images and info, I was asked days before the deadline.

Later,
S43

Saw the latest Toy Review and your article S43!! GREAT GREAT stuff!!!! :D :cool:

SWAFMAN
08-07-2002, 04:25 PM
hey, gsj, I don't want to compete with you on this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755358253), so I'll take it off my watch list. I hope the price stays where it is!

BTW, where the heck is she getting all of these? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2127563445) (this is our source for those drop ships) And this auction had darned well better close above $45!!!! ;-)

good shot jansen
08-07-2002, 04:54 PM
actually swaf, i was bidding on this auction for you. i saw that you hadn't placed a bid yet, so i jumped in, in case you had forgotten about it. hopefully we'll get it cheap, and if so, i'll just have the seller send it directly to you :)

i got'cha covered!

SWAFMAN
08-07-2002, 06:50 PM
i got'cha covered!

you're so cool, brewster! ...er, I mean GSJ!!

tyvm

SWAFMAN
08-08-2002, 08:28 PM
b-wing alert for sakay:

ebay b-wing (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1756594580)

and another... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1756825822)

someone was looking for a theed palace - was it LBC? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1756888034)
but be warned that the seller is the one we suspect to be the icehole

SWAFMAN
08-09-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
actually swaf, i was bidding on this auction for you. i saw that you hadn't placed a bid yet, so i jumped in, in case you had forgotten about it. hopefully we'll get it cheap, and if so, i'll just have the seller send it directly to you :)

i got'cha covered!

dadgumbed fleitz3cybrldr42 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755358253)

!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&* !!!!!!

r2dee2
08-09-2002, 09:35 PM
I recently bid and lost an auction from this seller, but afterwards he emailed me that he had another one that he would be willing to sell me for the price I bid on it. Perhaps, he has another Aliens pack and would be willing to sell it for your bid price. Worth a "good shot" :)

r2dee2
08-09-2002, 11:06 PM
ANOTHER ONE? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1757067518)

r2dee2
08-09-2002, 11:27 PM
SET (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1756127874) of all 3

r2dee2
08-09-2002, 11:30 PM
INTERESTING ST Proto (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2127187660) to at least look at:)

JediTricks
08-10-2002, 03:43 AM
R2, that's one of the most interesting prototype toys I've ever seen. I can't imagine it ever actually reaching market, but one can dream...

SWAFMAN
08-10-2002, 12:09 PM
thanks for the leads, R2. I have e-mailed the seller on that ended auction and will also track those other auctions, although the prices are a little salty.

that proto is interesting, both for the item itself, and the mere fact that we're seeing old prototypes hitting the aftermarket. i'm not sure if it's cool or sad?

SWAFMAN
08-14-2002, 01:12 AM
check out the great deals by this seller (http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=pexmontoya&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25)

hoooo-wheeee! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1758459471)

haggie
08-14-2002, 01:19 AM
Wow. Cheap shipping too!

good shot jansen
08-14-2002, 03:50 PM
unfortunately the seller is in london england, and the reserve price seems to be quite high (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1756125909), (i only say unfortunately for us yanks, as the shipping cost would be astronomical i'm sure), anyway, what caught my eye in particular, is the last item mentioned, electronic micro machines millenium falcon :eek: .

i had read somewhere, awhile back, that the mm falcon playset, had been released in very very minimum numbers in europe with electronic features. the version widely released here in the states had nothing electronic about it. i have never seen the elctronic version ever offered on ebay before, so this may be chance to acquire what can truely be considered a "rare" micro machines playset.

good shot jansen
08-14-2002, 03:56 PM
with the photos included with this auction, how on earth did the bidding get up to $56.00? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1757728261):confused:

i particularly like the shot taken from 7 miles up showing all those mm dots on the tile floor:crazed:

the remainder of the photos appeared to be the work of someone who's definately been over served!

vulcantouch
08-14-2002, 11:43 PM
. . .i've seen walmart parking-lot cam footage with better detail :crazed:

SWAFMAN
08-15-2002, 04:58 PM
WTF?!?!?!?!

that 1st pic looks like a hotdog with everything on it??????

or like jabba ralphed on a couch!!!!!

if I didn't know better, I'd think I took those pics for my web page!

SWAFMAN
08-17-2002, 02:56 PM
this may be a new record (disgusting) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1758236053)

another b-wing for sakay?? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1758684396)

upside-down-packed x-wing??? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1759083686)

JediTricks
08-17-2002, 03:45 PM
OH DAMMMMMMMMN! That is TOO DAMN MUCH!!! It is SO wrong! A boxed E-wing should be enjoyed, not treated like a gold bar!

That upside-down X-wing was actually sent into SSG news a few days ago and I chose not to post it because it's TOO easy to fake. I have seen it before, someone buys a toy, takes it out of the box, puts in a replacement or alters it to be "interesting", reseals it, then returns it to the store. I don't think the seller here is guilty of doing that, but I can't be sure someone didn't do it to him. What do you think, did I make the right call?

haggie
08-17-2002, 04:05 PM
I'd say you made the right call. Even if it is an error it really isn't interesting enough to post on the site, plus there is no way to verify it. I once found a 300th Boba Fett that had the old POTF2 Boba in it. I was initially excited because I'd been trying to find a 300th Fett forever (Hasbro said there would be plenty of them out there... yeah, right). When I got the register I looked closer and noticed that it had an old POTF2 Fett in it. Some jerk bought the toy, kept the 300th Fett and stuck his old Fett in there, then returned it to the store. Grrr.

SWAFMAN
08-17-2002, 04:48 PM
JT, I'd considered that, too, but didn't want to sound like "the lone gunmen" and suggest another conspiracy theory, since I feel like I'm too often being an alarmist. But especially with this new packaging, it would be VERY simple to remove/alter/replace the vehicle through the bottom flaps.

sicqnus
08-18-2002, 01:46 AM
:eek: :happy: :eek:

ALERT ! ALERT ! ALERT ! ALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERT !

Maybe a good opportunity to find a RAAAAAARE 1995 carded die-cast Snowspeeder !

Very rare carded die-cast Snowspeeder bid starts at $9.95 with no reserve : Item # 1759553162

Carded die-cast Death Star, bid starts at $9.95 with no reserve : Item # 1759554115

Rare carded die-cast Slave One, bid starts at $9.95 with no reserve : Item # 1759551432

Hard to find carded die-cast Tie Bomber, bid starts at $24.99 : Item # 1759550282

The carded Tie Bomber is rare but the packaging is not in pristine condition.

:happy: enjoy!:happy:

SICQNUS

JediTricks
08-18-2002, 03:53 PM
Thanks you guys, now I feel better about not posting it. :)

LTBasker
08-18-2002, 08:39 PM
JT, I'd considered that, too, but didn't want to sound like "the lone gunmen" and suggest another conspiracy theory, since I feel like I'm too often being an alarmist. But especially with this new packaging, it would be VERY simple to remove/alter/replace the vehicle through the bottom flaps.

And it would be very easy to print off some stickers to make all the new AF boxes say "NOACTION FLEET". :evil: :D

JediTricks
08-20-2002, 01:59 AM
Think I should give away 2 free sealed Action Fleet stands to anybody who convincingly pulls this off? :D ;)

good shot jansen
08-21-2002, 10:40 AM
this auction is in the uk (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1759003275)

if you thought that this auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1758236053) was disgusting when the price was over $200, take a loook at where it closed.....oy :rolleyes:

and now there's a loose one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1759767869) that's already up above $120, da hecks going on around here
:frus:

Wookiee
08-21-2002, 11:34 AM
boxed for $510.00!!
loose at $120.00 and rising?

that is crazy. I never thought I'd ever consider selling mine, but I may have to if it pay off my student loans.

that really is crazy though. crazy.

Glitch
08-21-2002, 11:59 AM
$500+ for an E-wing?!?

Damn, and I HATE that ship!!! I think I know what is going on here.

I picked up the latest issue of Lee's Toy Review. Almost right after you open the cover, you will see a whole page that highlights the rarity of the AF E-wing, TIE Defender, and the Falcon.

I'm afraid the action figure honks may have finally made their way over to Action Fleet. If the magazines tell them it is "rare, and hard to find" people will pick it up for no other reason.

You can tell someone that these things are rare all you want, but until "they" say so.... The toy guides have spoken.

If this is what finally gives the line it's much deserved boost in popularity, so be it. I hope it spills over into better overall Action Fleet sales.

It may be time to pick up, or even stock up, on the Sail Barge. It's just about as rare as the E-wing and the Defender, and, Hell, at least that one was in the movies.

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 12:21 PM
It doesn't end there, trust me.

Loose Trek Set 11 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2130572467)
Loose Trek Set 16 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2130573833)

This type of stuff is in anything, and it's all from people earning easy bucks from fools with money. And of course with help from people who hoard stuff and then sell it back later when it's rare. It's pathetic...

haggie
08-21-2002, 12:44 PM
Wow. Never thought I'd see an E-Wing go for $500. I also hate that ship. Thought I might be able to pick one up for under $50 one day so I could fill the hole in my collection. I'd never pay more than $50. I do need a Sail Barge though. I hate that ship too, but I need one to compliment my Skiff.

Wookiee
08-21-2002, 03:14 PM
To my knowledge, the E-wing, Tie-D and Jabba's Barge are all equally rare.

Maybe the E-wing just strikes the "cool" chord with collectors. I always thought the Tie Defender would be the one that would be prized more, if you base your collecting on how cool a ship is. True though, some folks just want the "rarities" whether they actually like them or not. And that's probably what's sent these prices soaring recently.
I feel bad for that py-stinger kid who's like 15 and saved up 75 bucks to buy an E-wing. Did he ever get one?

sicqnus
08-21-2002, 06:09 PM
Glitch is right. I thought I knew the max prices wich could be reached for these toys. I was wrong...
LTBasker is right too...

Sicqnus proverb : "The wise one shows the moon with his finger and the one who does not know looks at the finger".

Ya, I saw this auction : $510 for an E-Wing !!! :eek: Ok, the box was sealed and in a C.10 perfect condition but I'm sure the buyer will not be able anymore to be sitting for a long time because of his new painful a....ss (ouch!). :evil:

Sicqnus

haggie
08-21-2002, 06:54 PM
I don't know the specific case assortment of the last classic AF wave but I can tell you without a doubt that there have been far less E-Wings than Defenders or Sail Barges on eBay over the last few years. I've checked the AF listings daily for about four years now.

JediTricks
08-22-2002, 03:02 AM
Geezum Crow, $510 boxed is outrageous, $120+ loose is ridiculous! And yet, if I tried to explain to an insurance company about my regular E-wing and test-shot E-wing, I bet I wouldn't get $30 for 'em. This is sickening and cruel! (thinking: I really wish I had bought more than one of these from Galoob Direct; and I REALLY wish I had bought the one I saw at Target ;)) I am now supremely grateful for 2 things, Galoob Direct selling me all 3 of these HTF action fleet sets (even though it was sans boxes) and my debit card for being there when I called 800-4-GALOOB that day.

Glitch, I bet you're right about Lee's, the timing is dead-on. It's a real shame because this should be a toy to be enjoyed IMO.

I never understood why people said the Millennium Falcon was rare like the E-wing and TIE Defender and Jabba's Barge, I saw probably 10 times as many single-pack Falcons in stores as the E-wing wave.

Personally, I think the sail barge gets a bum wrap, it's treated like the dirty little cousin of the last wave and the HTF (hard to find in ebay-speak) Action Fleet for no real reason except it's not as exciting since it's not a fighter.

GSJ, so what's the story on the electronic Falcon MM playset?

Basker, I saw that STMM 11 auction last night, made me wanna cry 'cause I don't have a real version of the HMS Bounty. STMMs in general have been going through the roof for the past year, I don't really know why though, nothing major has changed.

Haggie, I think it's just willingness to sell, I was told the E-wing shipped equally to its casemates.

haggie
08-22-2002, 03:09 AM
Haggie, I think it's just willingness to sell, I was told the E-wing shipped equally to its casemates.

That would make sense. I don't know of any AFs that were ever short packed (but I wasn't collecting AF early on so I could be wrong). Not sure why people would be more willing to sell the Defender when it is easily the coolest of the last wave.

good shot jansen
08-22-2002, 07:58 AM
GSJ, so what's the story on the electronic Falcon MM playset?

i had read awhile back that when the mm falcon playset was originally conceived, that it was supposed to have electonic sound effects from the movis (ala the collectors fleet), either there was some contractual hagglin' with hasbro about this feature (as it would put the falcon into direct competition with thier line), or the costs associated with the elcronic feature eventually was decided to be prohibitive (not sure which, it's been awhile since i read the article, glitch?, any help with this?),

anyway, apparently, the electronic version was released in very limited numbers in europe, (i do remember the article indicating that), and now over the past couple of days, i'v found auctions that seem to be hawking the electronic falcon playset.

of course, these auctions originating in england, leads creedance to the story in that supposedly these things were only released over seas.

anyway, that's about all i know.

of course, you can't trust everything you read ;)

britcit3
08-22-2002, 11:15 AM
Hey GSJ

I was given an electronic Falcon for Xmas about 5 years ago from my mrs.

They were easily available in stores over here (mine came from Woolworths).

It is now one of my sons fave toys - I had no idea that it was rare.

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
08-22-2002, 01:52 PM
Holy Mini-Heads, MicroMan!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1556491566
3 Individual Mini 3PO heads.
Currently US $3.75 Quantity 3 # of bids Time left 3 hours, 19 mins +

Glitch
08-22-2002, 02:01 PM
I love them there little walnut heads!

I think these were the ones that were given away at Suncoast or Walmart.

shinakuma43
08-22-2002, 03:15 PM
GSJ: do you want all three of the C-3PO heads? I'd like to get one too but if you're already geting the for others I won't bid. LMK.

Later,
S43

BTW, Glitch the C-3POs were from Walmart. I don't know the specifics of the deal though.

Glitch
08-22-2002, 04:47 PM
Thanks S43. I knew it was one of the two. Did you get the PM I sent you?

good shot jansen
08-22-2002, 05:21 PM
hey shinky, i got two of the heads, (i was hoping to get all three, but was only able to snag two of em, the other person got one.

i was able to get em for 6 bucks each :) a fine price if you ask me!

i was gonna post a 1st come 1st serve offer once i had won the auction, i was hoping to get all three so that i could offer two of em here :( oh well,

since your the 1st one to post about this shinky, consider one of the heads yours :) as soon as i receive them i will coordinate forwarding one of the heads your way

:)

shinakuma43
08-22-2002, 11:30 PM
Sounds great GSJ, thanks.

Glitch: I had no idea I had a PM, but I just checked and it's there. My e-mail is joe@actionfleet.com

Later,
S43

JediTricks
08-23-2002, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the info GSJ!

BC3, can you tell us anything about the electronic Falcon like what sounds it makes, batteries, how it's different from the non-electronic one, etc.?

britcit3
08-23-2002, 05:58 AM
Hey JT

It makes the authentic noises of the falcon taking off (mos eisley style), laser fire (death star escape) and another flight noise.

BC3

sicqnus
08-23-2002, 10:01 AM
hey shinky, i got two of the heads, (i was hoping to get all three, but was only able to snag two of em, the other person got one.
:)

Hi Good Shot'

Maybe you should see this one : 1998"Star Wars"C3PO-MICRO-MACHINES!!UNOP!!NR!
Item # 2133974586

Also Babylon 5 :
Babylon 5 Micro Machines Set #1 Item # 2133657123
Babylon 5 Micro Machines Set #2 Item # 2133655216
Babylon 5 Micro Machines Set #5 RARE Item # 2133653592
Babylon 5 Micro Machines Set #3 Item # 2133651709
Babylon 5 Micro Machines Set #4 Item # 2133649744
Babylon 5 Micro Machines Set #6 RARE Item # 2133645478

Some rare Star Trek loose MM :
Star Trek Micro Machines HUGE LOT of 50, RARE Item #2133493461

-------------------------------------------------BOOOOOOOOOM!!!

good shot jansen
08-23-2002, 10:40 AM
now he's selling five of em:eek: wonder where he got em from:confused:

the only way you could have ever tracked one of these guys down was either through the wal-mart mail-in offer with a purchase of the special edition trilogy back in '97, or tracking down the impossible to find mini-head gift set #2.

my guess is that the seller prolly worked for whatever clearing house wal-mart used to process the mail-in requests, and that this particular seller helped himself to whatever over stock there was.

it's nice that he's offering them as part of a dutch auction, which resulted in me getting two of em for not too much scratch. if these guys were in the hands of a real scalper (some of whom have been known to crop up here from time to time in the past), they would have undoubtably been sold individually, and prolly would have each fetched in excess of the 46 smackers that the last minute sniper was willing to pay on the auction i won.

LTBasker
08-23-2002, 10:46 AM
GSJ, in the picture for the 3 there were 4 so I'm guessing the seller had more already and was just selling them in different sized lots to see if they'd sell. Pretty cool. I wonder how many people this will attract.

good shot jansen
08-23-2002, 10:55 AM
he actually has a 2nd auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1556485123) going for more of the same, which ends in 2 days.

the guy would get much better traffic if he listed the auction correctly. you can't find it by doing a search for any of the standard search phrases cause he listed it as "c3po-micro-machines" all those hyphens in the title are killing his traffic potential

haggie
08-23-2002, 12:50 PM
the guy would get much better traffic if he listed the auction correctly. you can't find it by doing a search for any of the standard search phrases cause he listed it as "c3po-micro-machines" all those hyphens in the title are killing his traffic potential

Ah, but those are the best kinds of auctions. No competition! I once scored an AT-ST/Landspeeder 2-pack for 99 cents because the guy listed it as "Land Speeder Micro Machine".

LTBasker
08-24-2002, 06:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1759647873
Rogue Two Snowspeeder Boxed
US $26.00 # of bids 3 Time left 17 hours, 19 mins +

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1760227031
Virago Boxed
US $11.50 # of bids 4 Time left 17 hours, 25 mins +

r2dee2
08-24-2002, 06:45 PM
The C3P0 Mini Head (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/miniheadc3p0allmerged_7.jpg) that was in the "baggie" was the Walmart Video offer...... you can see the Walmart offer on the
MINI Walnut Heads (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/miniheads.htm) page.

LTBasker
08-25-2002, 05:32 PM
What the heck is this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2134134242)?

I'm guessing it's overseas, and I've seen an STMM 6-pack like that, but I've never heard of that set. (Though that's not all that suprising... :D)

r2dee2
08-25-2002, 06:30 PM
What the heck is this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2134134242)?

I'm guessing it's overseas, and I've seen an STMM 6-pack like that, but I've never heard of that set. (Though that's not all that suprising... :D)

Yes, I saw that one too and had it bookmarked, hesitant because he doesn't take Paypal, but with this one going on for more than 8 days, it's likely to get rather high....though his previous set (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2129179393) went for a good price. It IS listed in the latest Toy Review that S43 contributed to and it's not mentioned as a foreign exclusive.

shinakuma43
08-25-2002, 10:15 PM
R2 I still haven't seen the article so I have no idea what it says. He asked how much I wanted to be paid for my info and images, I told him a copy of the issue would be fine and I still don't have it, sheesh. I believe it is a UK exclusive, there is also a Star Trek set in similar packaging.

Later,
S43

vulcantouch
08-25-2002, 10:29 PM
meanwhile, i hope someone here attaches a scan of shinky's article when it comes out, i wanna see what alla hubbubbub's about, bub :p

shinakuma43
08-25-2002, 11:41 PM
VT: I haven't had a chance to get to the PO yet but hopefully soon.

Yeah, I'd like to see the article too, so if someone can scan it it would be great. I never go to comic shops or anywhere else that might sell it and don't plan to go out of my way to get it.

Later,
S43

sicqnus
08-26-2002, 02:15 AM
Wanna buy Vader's ship ?

StarWars Collector Fleet Super Star Destroyer
Item # 1761321043

britcit3
08-26-2002, 03:30 AM
Hi LT

I had one of these (but traded it with Skinky).

They were quite common in super markets a few years ago in the UK - didn't realise that they would become so collectable !!

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
08-26-2002, 10:54 AM
since i didn't hear back i'm assuming pkg contents conform to list revised after the addition of the gv5 set, right? :greedy: :D

LTBasker
08-26-2002, 12:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2134368803
Labeled: "11 Star Wars micromachines mini playsets"
A bunch of the Pizza Hut individually bagged Mini Heads
Currently US $3.00 # of bids 0 Time left 5 days, 1 hours +

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1761435097
Numbered AF A-wing #0050
US $10.50 # of bids 3 Time left 8 days, 9 hours +

r2dee2
08-26-2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks!!!! LTBasker, he also has the numbered X-wing, which is the only one I need to complete my numbered collection:D !!

Here's another one to consider (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1761705652) if you need to fill in some holes.

shinakuma43
08-26-2002, 01:41 PM
R2: The seller seems to hve all the #50 ships. I would like to get them all to have the same numbers. I already have them all numbered so if anyone just wants a numbered one and isn't worried about the number I'll gladly sell or trade mine if I get the 50s. LMK.

VT: I'll go through my e-mails agian to be sure everything is included, I believe it is though.

Later,
S43

r2dee2
08-26-2002, 02:02 PM
S43, if I win the X-wing and you have a numbered one, I'd be happy to trade you:) I'll let you know if I get outbid and don't wish to go any higher, then you can have the option to go for it.

shinakuma43
08-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Great, hopefully you win that and I win the rest. It would be nice to have them all with the same number. Then I'd need the #50 Zaap and I'd be all set (I'd gladly trade #94 for it if I win the others and if someone happens to have #50 :))

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
08-26-2002, 08:00 PM
okay R2 & S43, you've officially declared intent on the #50s. As R2 said, please post or PM if/when any of the #50s go above the price you're willing to spend, preferably as soon as possible, in case fellow foruMMers wish to bid after you've stood down.

shinakuma43
08-26-2002, 08:05 PM
No problem Swaffy, I'll be sure to post as soon as any of them go above what I want to pay.

Siqnus: I noticed you bid on at least one of them too. Do you want #50 or would any number be OK with you? I'd like all the 50s but would gladly trade away my current #ed ones since I won't need them. LMK.

Later,
S43

sicqnus
08-26-2002, 08:57 PM
Hi S43 & R2Dee2,

Well I've bookmarked them all. I'm not as interested in them as you. I thought it would be interesting to have one or the whole set.
Then I will not bid anymore and let you use the Force.
I hope you'll win, good luck.

Shinakuma, if you'll have an A-Wing & KB AT-ST & Landspeeder numbered boxes for sale, I should be interested.

For anyone who read this message : I'm looking for the X-Ray Fleet set number #5 (B-Wing & Tie Bomber) to finish my X-Ray collection. (stripped gray or yellow/blue card).
If anybody has one for sale : I will pay a good price ! Make offer !

Sicqnus...

------------------------------HPL's cats of Ulthar-----------------------------

shinakuma43
08-27-2002, 01:14 AM
Sicqnus: Great, If I win them I do have an extra #ed A-Wing and Landspeeder/At-St boxed set for you.

Since X-Rays were mentioned, I don't have set 6 at all and need both versions. I also need the striped 5 and the blue/yellow 7. I'd settle for just either version of 6 though :)

Later,
S43

shinakuma43
08-28-2002, 12:08 PM
I just found out that I do have an X-Ray set 6. It's on the blue and yellow card, so I just need set 5 on blue and yellow and sets 6 & 7 on the striped cards. I ave no idea where or when I got the set 6, but if it was from a fellow forumer thanks again and please refresh my memory.

Later,
S43

r2dee2
08-28-2002, 05:27 PM
I just wanted to give a heads up regarding the ebay seller bounty hunter, who was suspended and now has a new identity. He is now rebo_ice.

I first dealt with him just before his suspension in acquiring the emblemless A-wing (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750220075&ed=1026755298&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOA:US:2) which was to go to GSJ. He sent me one with the emblem. When I pointed it out, he said he'd sent the emblemless one to someone else and he wouldn't give it back. I returned the A-wing and STILL haven't been reinbursed, because I didn't "insure" it (my fault) and it took weeks to get to him (according to him), and the box was all bent out of shape, but the A-wing was fine. Because of this he doesn't know how much to reimburse me, because the box was damaged. I told him that it was HIS mistake in the first place, in sending me the wrong A-wing. He has emailed me several times asking what's so special about this emblemless A-wing. This has been a bad experience, so I just wanted to warn everyone to deal with this guy with caution.

Sorry GSJ....I'll keep trying to get you your emblemless green A-Wing:D !

britcit3
08-29-2002, 12:51 AM
Hey R2

If you check his ID, it says that he is not a registered user (what does this mean - I thought that you had to register before you could start selling).

His previous ID - is this the guy from M&M Collectables? - if so, I too have had a bad experience - LMK.

Cheers

BC3

r2dee2
08-29-2002, 01:28 AM
I was mistaken when I said his previous ID was bounty hunter, it was bounty raider...

User ID History for rebbo_ice
User ID History Effective Date End Date
web_chief Wednesday, Feb 07, 2001 Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002
bounty_raider Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 Monday, Aug 26, 2002
rebbo_ice Monday, Aug 26, 2002 Present

britcit3, shortly after my auction ended he became an unregistered user (due, I think, to his unorthodox........ramblings in his auctions about NOT bidding for the first few days), but it looks like he started a new ID just a few days ago. I will be interested to see if he puts up an emblemless A-wing :mad:
.......and no, I don't think this guy is from M&M Collectibles.....guess you dealt with a loser too?

good shot jansen
08-29-2002, 07:04 AM
r2, i'm sooo sorry aout this lousy experience. i appreciate that you were acquiring this for me, but this kind of headache you don't need.:(

i truely appricate your thoughtfulness in thinking of me. please do not try and find me another a-wing, i'll eventually seek one out on my own. i feel awful that you're going through this on my behalf.

in my 4 years of purchasing items on ebay, i've only had one problem seller, everyone else i'v bought from has been a good experience.

it's such a shame when this kind of problem crops up, cause i truely feel that ebay is a valuable resource, and will continue to utlize it for years to come.

r2, thanx again for trying for me, that means a lot to me.

r2dee2
08-29-2002, 08:43 AM
GSJ.....it is not really that big of a problem. Most of my dealings have been good ones too, with but a very few that have fallen short of ideal. It's to be expected and I too will continue to use ebay, since it is a great resource as you say.

It is NOT a problem to be trying to help you out....I still OWE you! You have been such a GREAT SW enthusiast, contributor and ambassador...I am HAPPY to try and help you and Mason:)! The quest will go on!!!:D :kiss:

vulcantouch
08-29-2002, 12:45 PM
even I never got one of Them ;)
maybe we should individually email unscrupulous emblemless seller, expressing interest in one or more of his auctions but are. . . Given Pause, by tales we have read on various forums about his inadequate follow-thru. maybe That'll motivate him to resolve r2's situation satisfactorily?

r2dee2
08-29-2002, 03:33 PM
even I never got one of Them ;)
maybe we should individually email unscrupulous emblemless seller, expressing interest in one or more of his auctions but are. . . Given Pause, by tales we have read on various forums about his inadequate follow-thru. maybe That'll motivate him to resolve r2's situation satisfactorily?

VT, I didn't know you cared :sur: :D ;) ....though NOONE else got to dance around the room like WE did when we first met :p (closest I could get to tongue in cheek)

My warning with this seller is just a word of "caution". He did mail the item, although it was the wrong one, but it "could" have been an honest mistake......and it IS possible that he sent the emblemless to someone else who wouldn't want to return it....so, I do want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I won't knowingly deal with him again.

I was just so dissappointed because I really wanted to get GSJ the A-Wing, as I've owed him SO long for getting me the JCP Trilogy set.....and it was HE that gave me my first numbered Vader TIE....he deserves a little "kissy" :D

good shot jansen
08-29-2002, 03:44 PM
:happy:

r2dee2
08-29-2002, 10:07 PM
GSJ :D

Here are some interesting auctions for proofs (http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=wooten&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25)

SWAFMAN
08-30-2002, 03:52 PM
R2, I'm also sorry to hear of your experience with B_R. I've been looking at every a-wing auction for an emblemless green for GSJ for a good while now, myself. They sure dried up all of a sudden, a while back. But, it IS a great reason to look at all the auctions fairly regularly!

sicqnus
09-01-2002, 06:22 PM
Wanna spend some money ?

Star Trek Enterprise Crystal cube
Item # 2136825879

Star Trek Enterprise Crystal Ball
Item # 2136825841

Very rare mint carded Battlestar Galactica lander.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2136615640

Very cool Action Fleet lot in different kinds of Canadian boxes.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763400684

Cheap hard to find die-cast 1996 Tie Bomber
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763348199

Cheap impossible to find die-cast 1996 A-Wing fighter.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763342500

Jabba's Sail Barge Action Fleet MIB (starts at $7.50).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763330484

Jawa Sandcrawler Action Fleet MIB (starts at $2).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763329021

Imperial Landing craft Action Fleet MIB (starts at $2).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763327444

Classic Duels Falcon & Tie Interceptor Action Fleet MIMB ! (currently $11.50).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763326183

Micro Machines all 18 Babylon 5 - loose.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763613363

James Bond Micro Machines :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763613363
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763285711

Predator Micro Machines Head - Complete ! (Buy it now for only $8 !) :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763219136

shinakuma43
09-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Siqnus: Thanks for the link on the Canadian boxed AFs. I plan to win them so I'd appreciate it if no one will bid against me. As usual I won't bid until the last minute.

Later,
S43

Glitch
09-02-2002, 01:35 AM
Thanks sic,

I'm aimin' for those B5 ships! I've been looking for a clean, loose set to use for display purposes for some time now.

sicqnus
09-02-2002, 05:15 AM
Some Micro-Heads auctions :

Six MM "Pizza Hut" micro-heads still sealed in plastic baggies :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2137045310

Another six (with Wampa) :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2137044757

MM micro-heads collector set (non-mint box) bid starts at $3 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762765649

Same set but in good condition. Bid starts at $5 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762763317

SWAFMAN
09-02-2002, 09:56 PM
I'll be trying for the jabbarge unless it goes too high. Thanks Sicqnus!

monkeyflyers
09-03-2002, 12:01 AM
Hey I'd like to claim those MM pizza hut heads I've been trying to finsh up my set for a while now I'm monkeyflyers their too. Also has anyone seen the B5 MM bubble makers. I saw them at a dollor store down here and did see if tthey were the real thing or really good bootlegs (was in a hurry) I'll try to go down their on Wednesday to find out more about them and pick up a few.

monkeyflyers
09-03-2002, 12:03 AM
I ment I did not see if they were real or bootlegs

britcit3
09-03-2002, 09:54 AM
Talking of bootlegs......

If any of you see the pictured set up for auction or for sale (I bet there is a few knocking about in discount stores), then could you drop me a line??

The BOP variant looks cool.

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
09-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Shop more ?

2 micro-heads cards : (Royal guard, 2-1B, Weequay) & (Tie pilot, Wampa, Wicket).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764062553

1 micro-heads card : (Tie pilot, Wampa, Wicket).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764058004

Predator MM pack # 1 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762173983
Predator MM pack # 2 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762173982
Preadtor MM pack # 3 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762173981

Terminator MM pack # 1 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762173983
Terminator MM pack # 2 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762173982
Treminator MM pack # 3 :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762173987

BUCK ROGERS :
Very rare Buck Rogers starfighter 3,3/4" by MEGO (MIMB) :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763074043
another one :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763970443
StarSearcher MEGO (with box) :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763957711
Draconian Marauder MIMB :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763971545
Laserscope MIMB :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763973956

STAR TREK :
MM Collector set n 3 (with Enterprise-E) :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764105400
MM Collector set n 2 (with USS Pasteur, Neg'Var cruiser, Transwarping Enterprise) :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764104856
MM Collector set (with Enterprise-A) :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764103959

vulcantouch
09-03-2002, 11:24 AM
where'd you find out about them? man, them's weird :crazed: :stupid: :p

britcit3
09-03-2002, 11:32 AM
Eh up VT

......from the oracle of all miniature knowledge.......

http://zappa.brainiac.com/spaceship/spaceship6.html

You will have to have a browse through his various pages - they're there somewhere.

Happy hunting

BC3

LTBasker
09-03-2002, 03:26 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762357670
GBP 21.00 (approx. US $32.51 ) # of bids 3 Time left 12 hours, 34 mins +

Regular A-wing, Falcon, Tantive IV, Imperial Troop Transport MIB.

SWAFMAN
09-03-2002, 03:54 PM
If anyone decides to try for this auction, but doesn't need the Falcon, please contact me. I would be interested in only the Falcon from the lot.

sicqnus
09-04-2002, 05:34 AM
Wants an HMS Bounty ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764341651

Look at the seller's other auctions.

good shot jansen
09-04-2002, 06:35 AM
that "bounty" ain't no bounty at all:mad: , it's the same one jt mistook all these years to be the bounty.

this seller obviously has rudementary knowledge of the true hard to find bounty, and is trying to make a big score on the common place bop.

sicqnus
09-04-2002, 06:44 AM
Sorry...
I did not look at this one rather near.

:(

JediTricks
09-04-2002, 08:16 PM
Aw man, now I'm an example of "don't let this happen to you". :( Granted though, it's a painfully apt example.

LTBasker
09-05-2002, 01:34 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763583284
First Edition Collection 2
Currently US $4.99 # of bids 0 Time left 3 days, 11 hours +

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763583325
Epic Collection Dark Apprentice
Currently US $10.75 # of bids 4 Time left 3 days, 11 hours +

r2dee2
09-05-2002, 11:13 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763583284
First Edition Collection 2
Currently US $4.99 # of bids 0 Time left 3 days, 11 hours +

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763583325
Epic Collection Dark Apprentice
Currently US $10.75 # of bids 4 Time left 3 days, 11 hours +

Cool on the Epic set, it sure is a tough one to find. Good Luck:)

A note to say that the first edition on this Collection II really doesn't have much dfference in the figures/vehicles than the non first edition. The main differences are on the card. The only difference on the figures are probably the

peg holes (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/mmepivehiclecolljarjarbottomcompareloose_crop.jpg)

LTBasker
09-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Star Wars Micro Machines Mini Heads Col 8
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764058004
Currently US $9.99 # of bids 0 Time left 2 days, 7 hours +

Star Wars Micro Machines Mini Heads Col 6 8
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764062553
Currently US $9.99 # of bids 1 Time left 2 days, 8 hours +

RARE MICRO MACHINES: Star Wars. X-Ray Col.V.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2136858675
Currently GBP 16.00 (approx. US $25.03 ) # of bids 4 Time left 2 days, 20 hours +

Micro Machines STAR WARS 1st Ed Collection IV
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763583302
Currently US $4.99 # of bids 0 Time left 2 days, 22 hours +

Star Wars Micro Machines EI Mini Scene # 6
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764204287
Currently US $3.49 # of bids 0 Time left 5 days, 0 hours +

sicqnus
09-05-2002, 07:07 PM
I'm on the X-Ray set...

sicqnus
09-05-2002, 08:15 PM
Action Fleet ZAAP Japan exclusive. Starts at $9.99
But the seller has a few feedbacks (and always as a buyer...).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2138614658

sicqnus
09-05-2002, 08:27 PM
5 Japanese Action Fleet figures sets by TOMY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2137475302

Same set but at a higher price :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763207828