PDA

View Full Version : Need an opinion on something...

KingOfSting
09-01-2002, 02:37 AM
hey im considering putting up some of my vehicles for trade or sale in order to obtain a Jorge Sacul...so the big question is, what vehicles (loose) do you think would make good candidates to attemtpt to trade for a Sacul?

Prince Xizor
09-01-2002, 02:25 PM
You will need a couple of vehicles to get a Sacul. At least an AT-AT.

Scackmgack
09-01-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm SO not into the Sacul figure. It is yet ANOTHER X-Wing pilot. So what?

Turbowars
09-01-2002, 02:55 PM
Just buy it e-bay! LOL JK Hey he's not worth riding yourself of some cool ships. I'm sure there's a deal somwhere. Just wait awhile.

187-Maul
09-02-2002, 11:37 AM
I totally have to agree with you turbowars
wait till you find a good deal on ebay and then get him
why lose great vehicles like for example an AT-AT just to get this (in my opinion) lousy figure

Chiesa
09-02-2002, 12:20 PM
I never ever thought of getting a Jorg Sacul at all... Much less trade many of my cool vehicles for it... I just don't see the point of getting one... Maybe it will just make a nice display on the wall... But e.g AT-AT looks 101% more cool than an greyed hair X-Wing pilot... So the moral of the story is... save up the cash and wait for a good deal on eBay... In the end you would most likely want to get the vehicles you traded away for it again...

Cheers
:crazed:

Rogue II
09-02-2002, 12:24 PM
I would hold on to my vehicles and wait a while. The price on the cheesy Jorg Sacul figure will drop in time. Look at the Jedi Luke movie exclusive that was up around $100 is now around $30.

Darth Vellner
09-02-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I would hold on to my vehicles and wait a while. The price on the cheesy Jorg Sacul figure will drop in time. Look at the Jedi Luke movie exclusive that was up around $100 is now around $30.

"YES! YES! listen to Rogue II you must....Remember the failure of the movie Luke Exclusive figure, Remember the failure of the movie Luke Exclusive figure!":D :cool:

stad
09-03-2002, 12:21 AM
If you want to send me the new FAO Imperial shuttle, I'll gladly send you my Sacul!

LTBasker
09-03-2002, 04:25 AM
If you got an extra AT-AT for $10-20 during the TRU clearances that would probably be a good candidate. However the Saculs now go for 45-61 on ebay, so just wait awhile and they'll go down in price just like alot of other exclusive figures like Theater Edition Luke. Patience will beat a scalper. :)

rynobot
09-03-2002, 04:37 AM
At-At sell for more on E-Bay right now if the are in MISB, so it would cost more for him ro replace the AT-At if he wanted one boxed. But for a loose one that would be a great deal for him cause he's bypassing the E-Bay sellers.

Jayspawn
09-04-2002, 12:59 AM
Although I do not own a Sacul either. I wouldn't trade any ships for it. I'm hoping that my patience will pay off later in obtaining one.

bigbarada
09-04-2002, 01:34 AM
I checked ebay yesterday after seeing this thread and saw several Saculs selling for $70 all the way down to $10.50!!:eek:

Looks like my prediction of this figure's value going up in smoke in a few months is holding true.

Wait a little longer and you should be able to easily get one for under $20. Don't give up something you will regret later.

Starfig873
09-04-2002, 10:02 AM
Yeah, just wait on it. Unless you have a vehicle your really happy with getting rid of or something.

Geez, I wish the same thing would happen with the Toy Fair Vader...:dead:

OriginalBryGuy
09-04-2002, 03:16 PM
I checked ebay yesterday after seeing this thread and saw several Saculs selling for $70 all the way down to $10.50!!

And your proof of this is where? Unless you can provide a link to this so called auction...I say...whateva! :rolleyes: You were most likely looking at an auction that was just starting.

To the starter of this thread...it might help to know what vehicles you have....

Rogue II
09-04-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by OriginalBryGuy

And your proof of this is where? Unless you can provide a link to this so called auction...I say...whateva! :rolleyes: You were most likely looking at an auction that was just starting.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&from=R8&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=jorg+sacul

With 2.5 hours left, the first one is at $66.
With 6.5 hours left, the second one is $55

There are several others with 1 day left. They are $40-$50.

This auction should be interesting: it is Jorg Sacul, Dooku, and "Bloody" Luke.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762022194

Beast
09-04-2002, 03:42 PM
Yep, look at them prices drop. It's another case of Luke: Theater. Just give it some time, and they'll drop even lower. The only ones going for big bucks anymore are the ones that have been proffessionally graded. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OriginalBryGuy
09-04-2002, 03:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762503968

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763773366

Let's keep track and see what they do end at...then we'll see if it's still close to bigbarda's 10.50 quote....

Jorg is a different breed then Theatre Luke.

Those that still quote that Jorg will go down like the others don't see the bigger picture. To them I say... Whateva!:rolleyes:

Beast
09-04-2002, 04:04 PM
You sure love to defend the value of ole Jorgie Sacul. I don't see how you can say that he's any different then theater Luke. Let's compare the info we have.

Both are limited edition figures, both were only avaliable at certain places at certain times. Jorgie was avalible for 3 days at a convention, Luke was available for 1 night, during 1 showing of the S.E. of ROTJ, and only to the first 25-50 people per theater, depending on how many the theater got. Luke and Jorgie both started off at around $100 on the secondary market, both quickly fell to around the $70 mark, and then the $50 mark. Luke now sells for around $30, Jorgie should be there soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OriginalBryGuy
09-04-2002, 04:09 PM
I don't see how you can say that he's any different then theater Luke

No kidding. I'm soooo shocked.

Jorgie should be there soon.

Well, we can't ever be certain what you mean by 'soon' but be sure to let us know when it does hit $30 ok? hahahaha.....

Darth Sidious
09-04-2002, 05:13 PM
I agree with the majority here-Do not trade your ships for one...It is just a 3 3/4" figure. I am not forcing you to do anything, but I think it would be wise to hold on to your ships and hold out on Jorg Sacul. :)

plo koon 200
09-04-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
You sure love to defend the value of ole Jorgie Sacul. I don't see how you can say that he's any different then theater Luke. Let's compare the info we have.

Both are limited edition figures, both were only avaliable at certain places at certain times. Jorgie was avalible for 3 days at a convention, Luke was available for 1 night, during 1 showing of the S.E. of ROTJ, and only to the first 25-50 people per theater, depending on how many the theater got. Luke and Jorgie both started off at around $100 on the secondary market, both quickly fell to around the $70 mark, and then the $50 mark. Luke now sells for around $30, Jorgie should be there soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The major difference Jar Jar is the fact Jeorgie is George Lucas and if by chance when more people get into the hobby especialloy around EIII there will be seen a major difference. Theater Luke is Luke Jedi on a different card. Jorg Sacul is a George Lucas figure and the only one in existence. And, there are a zillion billion Luke figures and a million of them are the Jedi version of Luke.

Also check out this auction for the Silver Vader. He still seems to be going for money.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762520140

Beast
09-04-2002, 05:41 PM
Jorg Sacul is not a George Lucas figure, he is a Jorg Sacul figure. A quasi-EU charecter that does not appear in the movies or in the EU, unlike Luke or Vader. Not to mention he's a cheap re-hash, with a badly sculpted head. I've seen customs that look better then that thing.

There is a George Lucas figure, that is alot more George Lucas then that beyond EU abomination. It's the Hot Toyz 12" George Lucas Director doll. And he's dressed as George Lucas does, in flannel. Seriously, when you say George Lucas what pops to mind. Star Wars and Flannel, not an X-Wing flight suit.

The only reason that the Silver Vader goes for so much more, is that there were fewer produced, and many of them were damaged, thanks to the lightsaber sticking out of the card. There are a heck of alot more Jorgie's floating around out there. That's obvious from the usually 10-1 numbers on Ebay. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
09-04-2002, 05:44 PM
I know your point Jar Jar. I meant to say that Sacul was the only offically licenesed version and therefore the only true Lucas figure in existence. I do agree that there are better customs and the 12" version is awesome but all we truly have as far as a real Lucas figure goes is that Sacul.

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 09:36 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1762503968

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1763773366

Let's keep track and see what they do end at...then we'll see if it's still close to bigbarda's 10.50 quote....

Jorg is a different breed then Theatre Luke.

Those that still quote that Jorg will go down like the others don't see the bigger picture. To them I say... Whateva!:rolleyes:

Winning bid on the first link was $71
Winning bid on the 2nd link was $66

So, those 2 auctions average out to $68.50. What was the average selling price a couple months ago? $80?

It doesn't really matter. If you are buying Star Wars figures for an investment, your throwing your money away. Put that cash into a mutual fund or a savings bond.

OriginalBryGuy
09-05-2002, 02:01 PM
I know your point Jar Jar. I meant to say that Sacul was the only offically licenesed version and therefore the only true Lucas figure in existence. I do agree that there are better customs and the 12" version is awesome but all we truly have as far as a real Lucas figure goes is that Sacul.

Plo Koon...you're my hero!

So, those 2 auctions average out to $68.50. What was the average selling price a couple months ago? $80?

Prices will rise and fall depending on condition, and type (white beard) (dark beard) (graded) (ungraded)..it all matters not.

It's still in a class all by itself...it was never 10.50 like Bigbarda said, and I highly doubt it will be $30 moc anytime soon like JarJarBinks continues to muse.

:rolleyes:

Darth Vellner
09-05-2002, 02:18 PM

...it was never 10.50 like Bigbarda said,

Hmmmm....Cel. 2 price $ 10.00 (that's a fact!)

So "IT" WAS......oohh...BURN! ;)

OriginalBryGuy
09-05-2002, 02:35 PM
Hmmmm....Cel. 2 price $ 10.00 (that's a fact!)

So "IT" WAS......oohh...BURN!

Uh..yea...I was at Celebration II and remember picking mine up for 10...however..that's not what Bigbarda said, nor was it what I meant. Stick with the thread dude...He said 10.50 on Ebay....E....B....A....Y....see?

But if you want to get technical....you were incorrect. You said it was 10 at CII therefore "it" was 10.50...I think you messed up your own dis....so Burn! hahha

I may have to start a class on how to read threads and figure out what people mean when they say stuff. It'd make life on message boards so much easier. haha

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 03:59 PM
O.B.G,

You should change your sig line to say:

"Lord Protector of the Jorg Sacul Figure";)

I may not agree with you on this figure, but I admire your devotion to protecting it's name.":D

Darth Vellner
09-05-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
O.B.G,

"Lord Protector of the Jorg Sacul Figure";)

I may not agree with you on this figure, but I admire your devotion to protecting it's name.":D
"I've Never seen such Devotion in a Droid!"
I think It's because he is from Indy! He must feel a connection between him and the Cel.2 "Indy" J.S. figure! Strong ties are hard to break!!:)

stad
09-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Oh...My...God! Didn't this start in another, older thread? Actually, I think you are both right and wrong. Interest in it will fade and the price will drop, but not to $10-15. With that said, (this will seem like a contradiction at first, but go along here) it will drop to that level AFTER the Star Wars line dies out and everything can be bought dirt cheap (like in '85-'86). On the other hand, if there is another resurgence of Star Wars toy popularity in another 20 years, then it will be a higher priced item due to its smaller production and uniqueness. Anyways, what I'm saying is the price is going to fluctuate, but it won't go to extreme lows until after the line is cancelled, and won't go back up unless Star Wars ever becomes popular again (and this generation doesn't care about it as much as us '80's people)

QLD
09-05-2002, 06:54 PM
I opened my Sacul. It's a neat figure, but nothing overly special.

Darth Sidious
09-05-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I opened my Sacul.

Really? I can't believe it... Thats just...GREAT!!! Congratulations! I am glad someone finally got the guts to open one of these! I was wondering if you could post a pic of him loose, I have never seen it loose. Great job on opening him! :)

Old Fossil
09-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Unbelievable! Yeah, QLD, you need to post some images of Jorg if you can. Would like to see him with some other pilots, like Biggs, Porkins, Wedge, and Luke.

OriginalBryGuy
09-06-2002, 09:42 AM
I think It's because he is from Indy! He must feel a connection between him and the Cel.2 "Indy" J.S. figure!

It was pretty cool to have CII 20min from my place...and yea, I'm a huge star wars fan so, yea, I can't deny it meant something. I mean, the convention could have been anywhere and they picked Indy...who would have thought that? Not me.

O.B.G,

"Lord Protector of the Jorg Sacul Figure"

I think the Jorg is justifying its own existence in the star wars collector world no matter what I say about it. Do I realize it's the same basic body as at least 3 other rebel pilots...sure. But then...hello?...aren't X-Wing pilots supposed to be wearing the same thing? It's kinda like the military...you don't just get to wear anything when you're part of an air strike team.

I just feel Jorg is getting a bad wrap from people who don't have him and just feel the need to vent. That's fine, but calling Jorg (just another figure) is just nutty. You're welcome to think it, but you'd be in the minority, and as a honest collector I want to make sure anyone who checks out these boards, or are on the fence about getting Jorg don't loose interest simply because someone is barking about how bad or stupid it is.

While I'm here, I might as well add, I also find it funny how many people attack the simple lanquage of a statement and try to make lame "comebacks" without really understanding what is being said, or the the context the statement lays out just to "burn" someone else. I mean, is that really productive to anyone trying to get reliable credible information....no..so why bother?

If you hate Jorg...oh well, you're loss. If you love Jorg, enjoy it. If you're on the fence about getting a Jorg - do it if you're a serious star wars collector. You won't regret it.

Why bother with Jorg? Plo Koon said it loud and clear...

I meant to say that Sacul was the only offically licenesed version and therefore the only true Lucas figure in existence.

Put in that context it's easy to see why any star wars collector might want it - like it or hate it.

To KingofSting I say keep your vehicles but get Jorg. You'll be happy you did.

QLD
09-06-2002, 10:33 AM
Well, I am in the midst of packing, but once I get unpacked, I will get a couple of loose shots. I open all of my figures, including the Freeze Frame Sandtrooper I had. I just don't have much use for figures in the package.

Of course, I only traded a bloody Luke for it, if I paid big bucks, I might think twice about it, but then again, I wouldn't pay more than $15 dollars for any figure.

Darth Vellner
09-06-2002, 12:19 PM

While I'm here, I might as well add, I also find it funny how many people attack the simple lanquage of a statement and try to make lame "comebacks" without really understanding what is being said, or the the context the statement lays out just to "burn" someone else. I mean, is that really productive to anyone trying to get reliable credible information....no..so why bother?

HEY HEY Hey, thats kind of rough! I'm not stupid, I "understand"
whats being said. The "Burn" statement was just in fun (have you ever seen "That 70's show" they say it all the time on that show!)It was NOT ment to be a "Comeback" It was a "Ha Ha"
:crazed: Loosen up a little :rolleyes:

OriginalBryGuy
09-06-2002, 12:45 PM
HEY HEY Hey, thats kind of rough! I'm not stupid, I "understand" whats being said. The "Burn" statement was just in fun (have you ever seen "That 70's show" they say it all the time on that show!)It was NOT ment to be a "Comeback" It was a "Ha Ha" Loosen up a little

Hey, let's go way off topic!

I can't wait for the season premire of 'That 70's show' Did anyone see the special they had on earlier this week? haha

"Isn't it too early in the morning for you to be hopped up!":D

stad
09-06-2002, 12:51 PM
Red Foreman is my hero!

Rogue II
09-06-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth Vellner

HEY HEY Hey, thats kind of rough! I'm not stupid, I "understand"
whats being said. The "Burn" statement was just in fun (have you ever seen "That 70's show" they say it all the time on that show!)It was NOT ment to be a "Comeback" It was a "Ha Ha"
:crazed: Loosen up a little :rolleyes:

:mad:YOU FOOL!!!! There is no humor when it comes to the ALMIGHTY JORG SACUL!!!!!

Now prepare to meet your DOOM!!!!

Oh, wait, I get it, funny "ha ha" never mind.:crazed::D;) You see, I don't watch the 70s show, so I didn't get it.:rolleyes:

This is one of those things that everyone has to agree to disagree on. Yes, Jorg is a very special figure to some people, but to others, we don't really care. Either way, those of us who don't care for this figure don't need to bash those who like it. But, those who have it don't need to think they are some sort of supreme collector gods(that's a joke, funny ha ha:)).

Do I think JS is worth trading 3 vehicles for?
Depends on the vehicles, like some speederbikes, but most likely no.

Will the value of JS go up, down, or remain $65-70?
I think it will slowly drop like that Luke Jedi over time. I won't be suprised if it is around $40-$50 in the next year or 2, but I've been wrong before. You are right that this figure will probably never sell for $10 or even $20 ever again.

Hey, look over there! Something shiny!:crazed:

stad
09-06-2002, 03:50 PM
So what DO we have to do to be considered Supreme Collector Gods? How about Toy Fair Vader and Sacul, both at cost, would that do? C'mon, I wanna be a Supreme Collector God!

Please,please,please,please, please!

OriginalBryGuy
09-09-2002, 02:25 PM
So what DO we have to do to be considered Supreme Collector Gods?

That's easy - BUY HASBRO! haha..then you could make whatever it is you wanted for your collection! :D

stad
09-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Oh, I'm so there! I can see it now, you can take Vader's mask off and it would be...ME!!! I'm gonna start on buying Hasbro tomorrow!

Rogue II
09-09-2002, 03:58 PM

That's easy - BUY HASBRO! haha..then you could make whatever it is you wanted for your collection! :D

We should start a thread on this:

If you were Hasbro for a day, what 3 figures would you make?

Do you want to do the honors in starting that thread OriginalBryGuy?

plo koon 200
09-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Sounds like one heck of a thread.

OriginalBryGuy
09-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Do you want to do the honors in starting that thread OriginalBryGuy?

heh heh...why me? It's your idea Rouge II, go for it.

Rogue II
09-10-2002, 03:32 PM

heh heh...why me? It's your idea Rouge II, go for it.
Well, it was based on your post. I'll start it, but I expect you to post in it.;)