PDA

View Full Version : Zam Wessel's speeder

Scackmgack
09-01-2002, 04:11 PM
So I picked up the aforementioned speeder last week at Wal-Mart, after deciding that they probably weren't going to go on sale anytime soon, and that I would be ticked if I didn't pick one up before they went away.

I also decided that I should pick up the Saga Zam Wessel, along the same line of reasoning - and also because her speeder would need a pilot.

I got home, opened them both up, and quickly found out that the Zam Wessel figure does NOT fit into the cockpit in any fashion that doesn't look outright ridiculous. It's mostly due to her stupid skirt/cape thing which is molded away from her body, thus making it impossible to lie her straight down and onto the chair.

Why does Hasblow not think of these things? Would it have been too much trouble to make the cape removeable? And why does the speeder have moveable control sticks, ostensibly for a figure to grip, when you can't fit them into the hands of the one figure who really needs to be in that pilot's seat?

Stuff like this really ticks me off.

Turbowars
09-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Hasblow shows no sign of caring these days. This was discovered a while back and Hasblow still did nothing.

Sinister Lord
09-01-2002, 04:47 PM
The skirt/cape thing is removeable... simply pivot the skirt around backwards so that the thin part holding it in place is exposed... then carefully cut a slit through this thin part with an x-acto knife. Now the skirt can be taken on and off without a problem... and when it is in the normal position the slit will be hidden beneath her belt...

Problem solved.

Scackmgack
09-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Maybe I will buy an extra Zam Wessel and try this. Thanks for the option at any rate, Sinister.

Sinister Lord
09-01-2002, 05:22 PM
It should be noted that this slight modification does not alter the overall appearance or functionality of the Zam figure, it simply makes the skirt removeable so that the figure will fit in the cockpit of the speeder. I did it to mine within the first few minutes of taking it out of the package, once I noticed how the problem could be fixed. It was an oversight on the part of Hasbro to not do this in the first place, but the problem is very easy to correct.

Mar10Sir
09-01-2002, 09:25 PM
Well... it takes some customizing to get some things to look right. For example, to place a Flashback Photo Obi-Wan (with the hood up) next to Luke in the old Landspeeder, I had to cut the robe along the waistline so he could fit.

How could Hasbro have fixed this? A permanent figure! Nope! That'd limit the playability of the vehicle. A fabric cloak! Nope! We'd all be fussing up about how bad it looks. Frankly, I think this was a dead-end issue.

However, on Zam Wessel they could've made the skirt removable for sitting purposes.