PDA

View Full Version : Naboo starfighter

gibbspaulus
09-03-2002, 07:15 AM
Just dug this beauty out of the loft and I have a couple of queries about it. It is a lovely toy - and goes well next to the Royal starship - and it makes fly-by noises too!

My queries are this...

Has anyone else noticed that he tail warps? Mine visibly bends to the right - any advice for rectifying it?

And just who sits in it?? Ani is too small, and Ric Olie is too big. Help!

LTBasker
09-03-2002, 02:11 PM
You might try to get a hair-drier and soften up the tail piece and then put it between two books or something to let it harden between them and it could straighten out.

Capitan_Moroni
09-03-2002, 10:38 PM
currently, the Han Solo that came with the interactive Melenium Falcon CD-rom owns mine..

gibbspaulus
09-04-2002, 04:48 AM
Thanks guys. I just 'mended' a warped Coruscant guard gun by dunking it into my cup of tea - so maybe doing that on a biger scale may work too (I'm thin on top - no hair dryer).

Never got that Han figure - should I just pop a Naboo helmet on all skinny figures till I get one that fits? I'm sure there were pictures of a Ric Olie type character in the cokcpit somwhere...

LTBasker
09-04-2002, 05:23 AM
Actually Pilot Ani is ok in the fighter as long as he's grasping his control panels, but then it's just for display because he can't grip them very well so he loses grip when being played with...plus the plastic skirt staying up when you take him back out is hard to put back down.

JediTricks
09-04-2002, 09:26 PM
I got my Ric Olie figure to fit with his helmet on, but juuuuuuuuuust barely. I've long considered hollowing out the battery wall that keeps taller figures from seating properly in this thing.

Jayspawn
09-05-2002, 01:43 AM
I regret never having bought the Naboo Fighter. I really want one now that they're not out. Blah!

thespar
09-05-2002, 11:38 PM
one of the many vechiles i picked up when they waint on cleances.

Darth Sidious
09-09-2002, 03:41 PM
As for the tail warping, I don't know what to say, but Ric Olie DOES fit inside it, just keep trying. I got mine on clearance too. It was $8.00, so was Anakin's Podracer, and the Droid Fighters were only $4.00! That's a great deal!

TylerD
09-15-2002, 02:57 PM
I also got mine on clearance, and you are correct...it's a nce piece of work! :)

underdog25
10-06-2002, 03:29 PM
I can't get the cockpit to open on mine?? How do you do this? Did they make a 12" Ric Olie too? Oh wait a minute....................you are talking about the 3 3/4" scale one and not the 6' one! I was confused:-) I would say just cut the feet off of ol' Ric. It isn't like you aren't able to get another one for cheap.

JEDIpartner
11-03-2002, 12:37 PM
I had no problem putting Ric Olie into the fighter. The only problems I have encountered with putting figures into their ships were the SAGA speeders and their designated drivers.

Ric fits in (a little tight) & Saga Padme fits in very well. Captain Typho has no problem.

kdp100
11-05-2002, 08:47 AM
I've currently got an Anakin pilot figure sitting in the cockpit, secured with a blob of Blu-Tak. Had no problems fitting Olie in, though.

I picked up my Naboo fighter about a year ago in my local clearance store for 7.99, which I'd rate as my best SW bargain ever. The tail IS slightly warped, but not as bad as the dorsal fin on my T-16 Skyhopper.

OC47150
11-15-2002, 03:52 PM
Maybe the Anakin/Naboo pilot figure should've came with a booster seat!