PDA

View Full Version : how can this be?

hayden's_hunnie
09-03-2002, 06:55 AM
i was wondering, in the official empire strikes back book, it discribes boba's armour as like the armour of that worn by the evil warriors that the jedi knights defeated in the clone wars!
so what does this mean, it cant mean the jedi defeat the clones can it?

derek
09-03-2002, 09:28 AM
things have changed since that novel adaption of the screenplay was written. everyone always assumed the clone wars would involve the jedi fighting the mandalorian warriors, but obviously, that has changed.:)

DahrJin
09-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Yes, the Mandalorian armour, and all mention of the Mandalorians themselves have been, on GL's request, opted out of the films.

I guess he changed his mind, why? Because he can.

Personally, I think it would have made an awesome addition to the story line. I was looking forward to getting a little insight into where the armour came from, and why Jango was wearing it. Insted all we know is it was worn by Jango and later Boba.

The Mandalorians were mentioned in many of the books, but as we all know, the EU doesn't stand as fact. Ol' GL changes his mind all the time. Even stuff that was in the original novels, like Owen Larrs being OB-1's brother not Anakins step brother, has since been changed.

Beast
09-03-2002, 12:57 PM
Yes, the new Lucas approved EU is that the Mandalorians were wiped out many years ago by the Jedi, and Jango is the last living member of that race. Even though he was actually not of that race, but was raised by them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
09-03-2002, 01:00 PM
Any explanation on why they were wiped out? Better yet, is there a book about it? I'm working on my reading list.:)

hayden's_hunnie
09-05-2002, 10:27 AM
thank you alot!