PDA

View Full Version : ITV + Star Wars = YAY

Pendo
09-03-2002, 01:23 PM
British fans will be pleased to know that ITV will be showing the Star Wars Movies from 10th September :D. Although I already have all versions of the movies on VHS I still can't wait for them to come onto terrestrial TV. It will start with A New Hope (and Spaceballs the same day :D). I don't know if the next movie will be shown the week after, or if it will be like the Planet of the Apes films which they have been showing one a day. It will probably be one a week. They will show Episode's IV - VI then Episode I. No mention if Ep2 will get a showing too, but I doubht it.
With it being on ITV it means people who did not have Satelite when it was shown on Sky Movies Premier, will get a chance to see them. What are the chances of them showing the original versions?

The only problem with ITV is that it is a commercial TV Station which means the movies will be interupted with 5 minutes of adverts every half hour :(.

PENDO!

Pendo
09-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Here's more on it:
It will be shown at 7:30pm and it WILL be the Special Edition :(. Click here (http://itv.utvinternet.com/listings/viewfilm.asp?filmnum=4666&scheduleid=3580065&channeldate=10/09/2002&channelid=GRA) to see what ITV1 says about it.

Spaceballs will be shown at 11:30pm.

PENDO!

Nexu
09-03-2002, 02:06 PM
5 mins every half hour? :eek: That's it? Wow. We get 5 mins every ten mins. :frus:

Pendo
09-03-2002, 03:38 PM
I have more on ITV's Star Wars month :):
There will also be some Star Wars documentarys on ITV1, the first being on Sunday at 3:30pm called From Star Wars to Star Wars: The Story of ILM (http://itv.utvinternet.com/listings/viewprogramme.asp?prognum=1296974&episode=1&scheduleid=3572907&channeldate=08/09/2002&channelid=GRA). This documentary was shown on Sky Movies Premier when that was showing the movies and is quite good :).

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
09-07-2002, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the info Pendo, sorry I've not replied sooner, I hope you don't think nobodys taking interest.

I'm quite pleased that there are only going to be adverts every half hour, but 5 mins is quite long compared to the average of 3 mins, also I'm glad it's the Special Editions, do you know if it's going to be in widescreen though?

And I must take make all that I have said about ITV, they are putting on a Documentary, I'm really suprised about that!

Pendo
09-07-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
do you know if it's going to be in widescreen though?

If you're watching ITV on a normal 4:3 TV it will be in full screen, but if you're watching it on a Widescreen TV, or on Sky Digital and change your TV settings to Widescreen you will see the whole thing :D.

PENDO!

Pendo
09-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Well I just finished watching Ep4 on ITV1 and it was as good as always :D. I was a bit dissapointed that it was the SE version, but that was to be expected. Anyway, I think Frank Skinner made up for that on the end credits, very funny :D. He was talking about the last thing you'd want in a ceremony like that is a big hairy thing roaring his head off. He then started talking about his mother who worked on the film, she did continuity, which means she had to tell George what everyone was wearing in the previous scene. "I think Darth Vader had that big black thing on with the mask" :D.
He then went on about him wanting Peter Cushing to marry Whoopi Goldberg :rolleyes::D.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
09-10-2002, 05:00 PM
I have also just finished watching it. But I was a little confused that they said ESB was "coming soon", I thought It would be next Tuesday, but there you go.

Hey, I wonder if Frank Skinner's mum was incharge of Han's shirt at the beginning of ROJ:D

Pendo
09-10-2002, 05:10 PM
I was confused about the "Coming soon" too, so I checked out ITV's website and it is not showing because of the Champions Leage Football between Valencia and, the one, the only LIVERPOOL F.C.:D. Yeah I'd rather watch TESB than football, but I'd rather LIVERPOOL take it's place than any other team. I'll keep you updated when I find out when it will be shown.

Hehe, I'm also going to check out the Internet Movie Database to see if Skinner's mum was in charge of Han's shirt in ROTJ :D.

PENDO!

Pendo
09-10-2002, 05:23 PM
Just checked out the IMDB. Skinner's mum was NOT responsible for the ROTJ mistake, but here (http://uk.imdb.com/Name?Skinner,+Ann) is her profile anyway. The person responsible for Han's shirt is not listed on the IMDB, probably for his own protection ;):D.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
09-10-2002, 05:24 PM
Well they could have replaced it with something a bit more worthwhile like the Glourious Manchester United, but it looks like I'll have to sit through a boring typical Liverpool, 0-0 score line;)

Pendo
09-10-2002, 05:28 PM
Jek, don't make me beat you up!!!

;)

PENDO!

odb
09-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
I was confused about the "Coming soon" too, so I checked out ITV's website and it is not showing because of the Champions Leage Football between Valencia and, the one, the only LIVERPOOL F.C.:D. Yeah I'd rather watch TESB than football, but I'd rather LIVERPOOL take it's place than any other team. I'll keep you updated when I find out when it will be shown.

Hehe, I'm also going to check out the Internet Movie Database to see if Skinner's mum was in charge of Han's shirt in ROTJ :D.

PENDO!

So does that mean that Man United are going to be shown on ITV2? If so, that means there'll be more people watching ITV2 then:D Besides if you gonna replace the best film you should use the best team.:rolleyes:

Now I just gonna yell at some Bolton fans........ Damn You Bolton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Jek Porky 2002
09-15-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by odb
[B]So does that mean that Man United are going to be shown on ITV2? If so, that means there'll be more people watching ITV2 then:D Besides if you gonna replace the best film you should use the best team.:rolleyes:[B]

I know I'll be watching ITV2, I think me and you are going to get on just fine here!

Pendo
09-15-2002, 12:23 PM
Somebody hold me back!!! HOLD ME BACK :mad:!!!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

:D

Anyway, back on topic of Star Wars being on ITV, I think The Empire Strikes Back is being shown the week after :).

PENDO!

odb
09-15-2002, 03:06 PM
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!![/SIZE]

:D

PENDO!

But it does seem you are:D

Now lets see about getting revemge for Leeds:frus:

Back to the topic I think they are showing them every two weeks, as I read that Coronation Street will be keeping its Wednesday slot with football and others being rearranged around it.

Pendo
09-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Well I've just checked and TESB is NOT on next Tuesday :(. More friggin Champions League Football :(. I wish they would give us a more precise date other than just "soon" :rolleyes:.

And DON'T say anything about last nights match :mad:!!!

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
09-21-2002, 10:01 AM
H2-Ow sha2-0llow d2-0o y2-0ou th2-0ink we a2-0re, of c2-0urse we wouldn't mention that fact that Liverpool got slaughtered 2-0 on Tuesday, anyway it's ManU next Tuesday so they'll show you how it's done.

2-0

Sorry my finger slipped!

Pendo
09-21-2002, 11:51 AM
ha ha ha. You are so funny Jek

We still have time to get through the group :). Then I'll have something fun to say to you :happy:.
What's happening to Fergie's team? You've lost how many games this season? :)

PENDO!

odb
09-22-2002, 03:00 PM
DON'T[/COLOR] say anything about last nights match :mad:!!!

PENDO!

As if we would:rolleyes:

We may have lost a few but we have to make fair to the rest of you:D

Anywhere I'd rather see Liverpool qualiy for the next round than Arsenal.

(Remember Kids you can't spell Arsenal without arse)

Pendo
10-03-2002, 04:48 PM
It's this Tuesday (8th Oct) that The Empire Strikes Back (http://itv.utvinternet.com/listings/viewfilm.asp?filmnum=7290&scheduleid=5076537&channeldate=08/10/2002&channelid=GRA) will be shown on ITV1 :). I'm guessing it's every month the movies are shown, so ROTJ will probably come in November, and the Premier of TPM will be at Christmas Time :). That worked out well :D. I'm hoping the Ewok Movies will be shown as Christomas Movies too, and perhaps (and I can't believe I'm going to say this) the Holiday Special :).

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
10-13-2002, 09:11 AM
I kind of like the way it's worked out actually, one a month. It would be good if the Premiere of TPM was in ITV's Christmas line up, and you never know, could we see it on the big day itself?

BTW, I was at Old Trafford last Monday, Pendo, when we played Everton, and as a scouser they may have poisoned my mind against you!;)

Pendo
10-13-2002, 11:06 AM
Sorry, you actually played Everton??? I just thought you were standing there doing nothing :rolleyes:! Man U were disgracefull, especially against Everton :rolleyes:! The Manks had the cheek to say we were jammy getting a goal in the last minute against Arsenal, when they can't even get a goal against Everton until the last minute either. Everton are 12 in the league and you were nearly drawing with them :rolleyes:! You'll be lucky if you make it into the top 5 this season!

Anyway...
Yeah it would be cool if TPM is on Crimbo day, but it think it's more likely to be on Cristmas Eve because that is on a Tuesday. I think I'd prefer it on the eve because I'd watch it, where as on X-mas day I'll probably be out with my friends :) (or celebrating it on SSG ;)).
I think the best part of ITV showing the movies is Frank Skinner during the end credits :D. He was hillarious last tuesday, with his impression of John Major :rolleyes::D!

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
11-10-2002, 08:54 AM
Well three down one to go!
I watched ROTJ last Tuesday.
So, whens TPM on?

Anyone?

Pendo
11-10-2002, 09:04 AM
I'm guessing TPM is on on December 3rd, that is a Tuesday. They all seem to be on early in the month. They may decide to make it their Christmas movie though.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
11-11-2002, 02:36 PM
I hope they do, it would be nice!

Pendo
12-03-2002, 12:50 PM
Just a reminder to us Brits that TPM is on ITV1 tonight at 8pm :)!

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
12-14-2002, 02:46 PM
I didn't bother watching it when it was on, but was it the Theatrical or DVD version?