PDA

View Full Version : What are YOUR beliefs?

KingOfSting
09-04-2002, 03:10 AM
What is everyones religous belief here? Or do you choose not to believe in religion or God or any of that? I'm just curious and noticed that this hasnt been brought up before. Personally I don't really believe in much of the Bible or religion as whole for that matter (although I have no problem following of the rules of mine *I'm Jewish* ) however I do belive that there is a higher power and I also believe in the paranormal (ghosts and such) and extra terrestrials. So now I pose the question...what do YOU belive in?

Emperor Howdy
09-04-2002, 03:15 AM
I believe O.J. did it.

Beast
09-04-2002, 03:21 AM
I believe that the children are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way. ;) :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Emperor Howdy
09-04-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I believe that the children are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way.... Sexual Chocolate!;) :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Man, that boy can sing!

2-1B
09-04-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by KingOfSting
I'm just curious and noticed that this hasnt been brought up before.

Oh, it has, it certainly has. :D

LTBasker
09-04-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I believe that the children are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way. ;) :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'm the future? or am I just the between present and future? Either way I fear for the future... :crazed:

I believe this thread will get alot of off-topic replies...

Beast
09-04-2002, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I'm the future? or am I just the between present and future? Either way I fear for the future... :crazed:

Only a few children make me fear for the future, you aren't one of them, LTBasker. Are you even a child? :crazed: :)

I believe that you are correct about the off-topic replies. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
09-04-2002, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

I believe you are right. :)
I believe that's what's best for this particular topic . . . :crazed:
I believe this thread will be closed. :D

Beast
09-04-2002, 04:40 AM
You will believe that a man can fly!! (Superman Movie Tagline) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-04-2002, 04:55 AM
I believe in the Bible as the inspired Word of God and I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and was sent to earth to die for our sins. I believe that God created the universe and everything in it and I believe firmly and unwaiveringly in all of the morality laws laid out in the Bible.

There, that wasn't so painful now, was it?:)

Beast
09-04-2002, 04:58 AM
I believe that BigB has a right to his beliefs, and while I may not share them, I will respect him for them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-04-2002, 05:05 AM
I believe it is possible to state your convictions without passing judgement on others. :)

Beast
09-04-2002, 05:11 AM
I believe that BigB is one of the wisest members of the site, and I am glad to call him friend. I hope that BigB doesn't believe that that was kissing up. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-04-2002, 05:29 AM
I also believe that Dar 'Argol is going to crap a brick when he sees this thread.:D

Jargo
09-04-2002, 05:48 AM
I try to believe in me. Nothing more nothng less. If I can have faith in myself then that is all that matters and that is my life's ambition - to die being strong and believing that I did my utmost to be true to my convictions. I hope to have faith in other people but all too often they let you down. I find it difficult to give any other human being the benefit of complete trust. Too many bad ones so far to believe in human nature.....

Personally, i don't believe in worship of deities, for all the good it does we might as well worship a toaster or a car, in fact many do worship possesions. This topic could be a bad thread if people start recriminations again because of shortsighted views but i believe that if we try a little harder it might just be a calm discussion. Then again, all beliefs can be proven to be wrong - depending on a certain point of view.... :)

scruffziller
09-04-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I believe in the Bible as the inspired Word of God and I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and was sent to earth to die for our sins. I believe that God created the universe and everything in it and I believe firmly and unwaiveringly in all of the morality laws laid out in the Bible.

There, that wasn't so painful now, was it?:)

Ditto.....:)

TRUTH NOT TOLERANCE!!!!!
This thread will be closed soon.

derek
09-04-2002, 09:02 AM
just last night, on the o'reilly show on fox news, bill o'reilly, a catholic, was discussing religion with a very devout former homosexual, who claimed to be "saved from sin" by christianity. they were debating the bible, and if it's passages should be taken literaly, and o'reilly brought up some interesting points from scripture regarding non married, non virgins being stoned to death, anyone who works on sunday being stoned to death, etc...

kinda sounds like something out of militant islam.:confused:

Dryanta
09-04-2002, 09:20 AM
We've been down this road before haven't we?;)
My faith rests firmly in Jesus Christ and the the word of God.
Been calm so far.

QLD
09-04-2002, 09:46 AM
I believe....that love is the answer....

I believe....love will find a way.

Eternal Padawan
09-04-2002, 09:58 AM
I believe in believing in yourself.
I believe we could all believe in ourselves without having to get our beliefs from a book or a building.
I believe that those who believe in their own beliefs are good people, regardless of what they believe in.
I believe there is a VERY SMALL minority of people who twist those beliefs for their own evil ends and those are the worst kind of people.
I believe those evil people should go away.
I believe in believing in the future instead of dwelling on the past.
I believe you guys (and you know who you are Tony, Nate, Andy, and the rest) are some of the coolest people ON THE PLANET and I'm proud to say that in some quasi-pseudo-anonymous fashion, you guys are great friends.
I believe that's more important than anything else, including beliefs.

ROLLO!

Starfig873
09-04-2002, 11:22 AM
I believe in God, and that he/she/it is there somewhere. I believe that the Bible has probably been tampered with over the many buncha years.
I believe God has a sense of humor, he/she/it is probably more lax than we think.

I believe that it's important to appreciate music (and art).

I believe that some dreams do have meaning. Some. Not all of them. :p

The Overlord Returns
09-04-2002, 01:07 PM
I believe IN nothing other than myself and my loved ones. Thats where my faith goes.

I believe the bible, like most religious texts, is a story book that should NEVER be taken literally, as there are just too many contradictory points in planetary history to buy what the bible is saying.

I believe Jesus Christ was a brilliant leader. I also believe he was very human and no more the "son of god" than any human would be.

I believe in every single persons right to their own beliefs.

I believe in a womans right to choose

I believe that Truth not Tolerance is a very scary statement. Just whose truth are we reffering to?

I believe that God may have created mankind, but mankind most certainly created religion.

I'm sure I could go on....but I'd just be rambling...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-04-2002, 01:24 PM
Being a Catholic myself and having been taught in Catholic school from K-12, I have a strong belief in the values of Christianity.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-04-2002, 01:28 PM
What was that line from Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

"I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me."

2-1B
09-04-2002, 01:57 PM
derek, does O'Reilly favor the death penalty? Shame on him if he does. ;)
Bad Catholic ! :crazed:

I believe Winona Ryder makes for some purty avatars. :happy:

187-Maul
09-04-2002, 02:14 PM
I believe pretty much what EP said:)

and for the record, I'm not religious
I do believe that there is some kind of higher presence but in my oppinion it doesn't nessesarily have to be the "god"

The Overlord Returns
09-04-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
What was that line from Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

"I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me."

actually, that is from "Working Class Hero" by John Lennon, originally.

sith_killer_99
09-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Caesar, Mr. O'Reilly does NOT support the death penalty.;) He has stated as much, on many ocassions. He would rather have murderers pay for their crimes with HARD TIME, long term, hard labor, prison sentences. :D

I believe that it's not good to believe in an "ism".

I believe in God (and his son Jesus, who was crucified for our sins).

I believe that free will is defined as, the ability to choose wheather or not to believe in a Supreme Being. I also believe that this is what seperates us from animals.

I believe ALL people are basically good.

I believe that religion is an imperfect institution created by imperfect beings.

I believe other people are entitled to their beliefs, and that NOONE has the right to supress them or their beliefs.

I believe that people can agree to disagree.

I believe that we should not judge others...lest we be judged.

I believe that ALL life is precious.

I believe that the U.S. Constitution is greater than any mans' political agenda or greed.

AND.....I BELIEVE....

I make GREAT Banana Bread :D

Darth Shifty
09-04-2002, 04:08 PM
I believe.

JesusFreak
09-04-2002, 04:30 PM
I believe the Bible and all it says in it, though sometimes I may not like everything in it, but if I wasn't shown my faults then I couldn't come to repentance.

Huckleberry Josh
09-04-2002, 06:03 PM
I believe that God created the world and I do believe strongly in the Bible and that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again. I also believe that it won't be long before he comes back since a lot of the signs of the end of time that are mentioned in the Bible have started taking place or have already taken place.

SirSteve
09-04-2002, 06:47 PM
I believe this thread could cause problems so I am closing it.