PDA

View Full Version : Gunship Rip-off

Captain Trips
09-04-2002, 07:55 PM
I just got my Gunship today. Looks pretty cool, except for the missing wing.

I called all of my local stores to see if there were any in stock, which of course there weren't (hence the reason I ordered from the Net).

I called Wal-Mart.com, and while they were VERY nice, they couldn't exchange it because they are back-ordered and they are unsure when they may get more.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Hasbro other than their website? I much prefer talking to a live human being.

Otherwise, I'll just have to sell it on eBay as the "Rare Missing Wing Variation!!!!!"

Old Fossil
09-04-2002, 08:01 PM
You have GOT to be kidding. That's a shame. Hope you can get your missing wing, or a replacement, Capt. Trips. At the least, you should be able to get a refund on your credit card; and most credit card companies offer some form of buyer security, where if you cannot get satisfaction from the retailer, then you can turn your case over to your card issuer.

Hopefully, it won't come to that!

Beast
09-04-2002, 08:08 PM
Yes, there is their customer service hotline. I wouldn't call it a rip off, it's just a case of it missing the wing. That does occassionally happen, and I am sure that Hasbro will quickly replace it. The number is 1-800-242-7276. They have sent me decals and parts in the past, so they should be able to help you. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Captain Trips
09-04-2002, 08:13 PM
Thanks Jar Jar. Of course it isn't REALLY a rip-off, but would anyone have cared if the title was less sensational?:)

At any rate, it is a VERY cool ship. Nice detail, decent size. I like it a great deal. Except for the missing wing of course.

Beast
09-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Well, I would have cared. But that is regardless to the fact. When I opened the thread I assumed it was someone complaining about the missing bubble turrets or somthing else silly. Trust me, I was actually relieved that it was just a missing part. It still sucks your missing a part, but I am glad you like it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Captain Trips
09-04-2002, 08:24 PM
"Well I care..."

Seriously, thanks Jar Jar. From what I hear, Hasbro is pretty good about this sort of stuff. I'll give 'em a call.

Jayspawn
09-04-2002, 10:28 PM
That sucks there was a wing missing. Probably a one-in-a-million mistake. Anyway, it sounds pretty cool other than the absent wing. I'm really looking forward to these.

Jedi Master Silas
09-04-2002, 11:40 PM
I have a question for EVERYONE! What the heck is up with Hasbro's quality control???? I've seen alot , strike that, many many errors.

Beast
09-04-2002, 11:46 PM
Nothing is up, every other line has just as many errors and variants and quality control problems. The Star Wars hobby just has alot of collectors, and alot of them are very vocal about stuff. Not to mention those people in the Star Wars hobby that actually hunt for errors, or buy them for insane prices on Ebay. All that adds up to make it just a more visible aspect of the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AdmiralPiett
09-05-2002, 02:50 AM
I actually called that phone number about a month ago to ask for a replacement lightsaber for Ki-Adi because mine broke when he fell off the shelf. All they said was "sorry, we can't help you." I couldn't believe it! Haven't they ever heard of warranty of merchantability laws? Anyway, good luck Capt. Trips. I hope you have better luck than I did.
Piett

Jargo
09-05-2002, 04:57 AM
Ya, but you'd actually bought the product with all pieces intact so you have less reason to complain, the company aren't responsible for you're breakage. Not that i'm saying that was your angle when contactingthem, I'm sure you only rang to try to buy a replacement. Buying a product that is faulty or mising parts when sent from factory gives you more cause for redress. The company are responsible for that. They sold shoddy or broken goods and are bound to replace or correct the mistake. If they don't then you should report them to whichever trading standards authoritie you have. Don't let big companies walk all over you. But whatever you do, never lose your cool on the phone, no-one is going to bother to help an irate person. Just be nice as pie and if they don't help the first time then call a different time, they have to have more than one operator on the phones. One has to be more helpful than another.
Another problem you might have is that the goods you bought online might not have come from Hasbro but direct from the factory like a lot of goods from online retailers do now. This means that technically, since the goods didn't come via an official Hasbro toys supplier you don't have a leg to stand on. :)

JEDIpartner
09-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
...you don't have a leg to stand on. :)

I now dub you "Cliegg Lars of Tatooine!!!" ;)

That's too bad about the missing wing. I would be a little upset about that as well. All that waiting. The moment arrives! The ship is... INCOMPLETE????!!! :frus:

hango fett
09-05-2002, 02:48 PM
one question...how could they forget a wing!!!
h

Captain Trips
09-05-2002, 02:56 PM
I talked with Hasbro. They were very friendly, and very professional. The good news is that they will take care of the problem, the bad is that it will take more time. They are sending out a UPS call tag. I send it back to them, and they send me a new one. Who knows how long that'll take, but like I said, at least they're taking care of it.

Jargo
09-05-2002, 02:56 PM
how could they forget to pack a wing? Same way they shipped an entire quotient of scout troopers and accessories with his underoos on backwards :crazed:

Good news then Captain Trips? Jolly good show. These things usually have a 28 day disclaimer on them. So that's the time they recieve the damaged goods back to the time you recieve the replacement. It doesn't take into account the mailing time from you to them. But at least you'll get one back that has both wings and doesn't fly in circles :crazed:

Sinister Lord
09-05-2002, 05:36 PM
Heh... a "battle damaged" Republic Gunship... how lame.:cry:

The True Maul
09-05-2002, 07:26 PM
That stinks sorry to hear that Captain Trips!!:)

Master ToNone
09-05-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Ya, but you'd actually bought the product with all pieces intact so you have less reason to complain, the company aren't responsible for you're breakage. Not that i'm saying that was your angle when contactingthem, I'm sure you only rang to try to buy a replacement.

Another problem you might have is that the goods you bought online might not have come from Hasbro but direct from the factory like a lot of goods from online retailers do now. This means that technically, since the goods didn't come via an official Hasbro toys supplier you don't have a leg to stand on. :)

Actually buying a product and using it as inteded, even when opened still falls under the warranty of merchantability and fitness laws that Admirel P. stated above. A product according to the Uniform Commercial Code (adopted in all 50 states) must do what it is intended to do. If a "KIDS" toy can't withstand a fall, it's defective.

And even if the Gunship is brought online, if Hasbro's name is on the box, they have a duty/responsibility to provide what is on/described on the "HASBRO" box.

I recommend the death penatly, or at the minimum...carbon freezing to the scum that caused your missing wing. Perhaps Dooku with his deft saber skill dismembered another "wing" of the Rebublic's Army.

bigbarada
09-06-2002, 02:06 PM
Make sure to specify which wing is missing very clearly when you send back the UPS tag. I bought an AT-AT and the General Veers figure had a giant splotch of black paint covering half his face. I called Kenner and they sent me the UPS tag and a small box to mail the figure back in, well after a week or so, I recieved another AT-AT Driver as a replacement. Now I had two AT-AT Drivers, which wasn't so bad cuz the General Veers was kinda crappy anyhow; but my point is, make sure you are clear on which wing you need. The last thing you want is to have waited all that time only for them to send you a second left or right wing.:frus:

Turbowars
09-06-2002, 06:34 PM
OK, this B.S. You mean to tell me you have to send the whole ship back to Hasbro? What are they going to do, look it the box to see if they can find it? My God! All Hasbro needs to do, is send you a wing. Not a big deal, but Hasbro feels the need to drag this simple problem out. I can't see anyone lying to them to get an extra wing. Thay probably want to see a code on the box that it would be easy for you to tell them over the phone. I woud be ****ed, but thats just me.;)