PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity(s) with the most annoying quirks.

scruffziller
09-05-2002, 09:06 AM
MACY GRAY!!!!

If she is not singing, she keeps plugging her new album every other sentence. And she wears clothes that are a billboard for promoting her album.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-05-2002, 09:53 AM
I don't know about any personal quirks, like repeating the same words or having to wash her hands 1000 times a day, but I read an article in EW about Christina Aguilera and her demands for perks at her concerts. EW published a list they obtained from one gofer of her "needs," which included about 10 different kinds of non-lactose cheese. She had so much quirky food on it I bet 99% of it went to waste. The concert promoters probably had to buy out a whole Trader Joe's store to fulfill her wacky cravings.

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 10:06 AM
The Baldwins annoy me by just existing when they get involved in politics.
Didn't they say they would leave the country if George Bush beat Al Gore? Lousy Democrats.

SirSteve
09-05-2002, 10:15 AM
The Nanny... that annoying laugh!!

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 10:21 AM
I forgot to mention the cast of Friends. I had to quit watching that show 4 or 5 years ago because all of their little quirks were getting to me.

robman71
09-05-2002, 10:54 AM
How about any "star" that must be seen in public with an "entourage", "posse", or any other type of hangers on. I can't stand to hear stories of how these people act in public. Especially from those "stars" that have only made one or two good films and are "in demand".

QLD
09-05-2002, 10:58 AM
I gotta agree with Rogue II about the Baldwins. Is it possible for them to shut up, even for a second?

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 11:02 AM
I thought of 2 more:

John Cougar Melloncamp: a.k.a. John Melloncamp, a.k.a John Cougar.
Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs: aka Puff Daddy, P-diddy, etc...

These guys change their names more often than their underwear. Pick one name, and use it!

2-1B
09-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I thought of 2 more:

John Cougar Melloncamp: a.k.a. John Melloncamp, a.k.a John Cougar.

These guys change their names more often than their underwear. Pick one name, and use it!

That's incorrect.

Mellencamp has not had a "name change" since . . . 1993 IIRC on his 'Whenever We Wanted' album.

He started out intending to use John Mellencamp, but his manager changed his named to Johnny Cougar without asking, and once he hit with it, he kept it . . . until 'Scarecrow' (again, IIRC :D ) when he added his real last name to the stage name. That was 1985, and then 8 years later he finally shed the goofy Cougar moniker.

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 12:51 PM
Thank you for the correction. I would like to apologize to any JCM fan I may have offended, especially if they live in a small town in a little pink house and are named Jack and Diane.

jjreason fought authority, and authority always wins;)

2-1B
09-05-2002, 01:06 PM

Ironically, jjreason IS authority. :D
Canadian authority, and his country is better off for having him. :)

Darth Vellner
09-05-2002, 01:21 PM
Thank you for the correction. I would like to apologize to any JCM fan I may have offended, especially if they live in a small town in a little pink house and are named Jack and Diane.

I..was born in a small town. In Indiana, Same as JCM
-Don't Mess with the Melloncamp-:D

TylerD
09-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Hey Rogue II, you forgot about Prince, or is it The Artist Formerly Known as Prince, or is it that strange little symbol he called a glyph? Who knows, anymore?

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TylerD
Hey Rogue II, you forgot about Prince, or is it The Artist Formerly Known as Prince, or is it that strange little symbol he called a glyph? Who knows, anymore?

Well, he did cross my mind, but he did have a reason (although it was a bit abstract). Something about not being happy with his record deal, blah blah blah. He wrote the word "Slave" on his face in one of his videos to tick off his label at the time. :rolleyes:

Besides, what was the last thing he has done? :confused:

I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't remember!

TylerD
09-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Rogue II, I didn't know about the record deal thing. I just thought it was because he was so vain....LOL ;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-05-2002, 09:37 PM
French Stewart

'nuff said

Bill Cosby when he does that jell-o pudding laugh.

I can't stomach to watch "Kids Say the Darndest Things" and it itsn't the kids that make me wretch.

Rogue II
09-05-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm not a real big Prince fan so I don't know the whole story.

As much as I wanted to put him on that list, I couldn't do it. I took John Cougar Mellencamp off the list, but Puff Daddy is staying on that list no matter what. Maybe I could add Mariah Carey on there. I hate those annoying high notes. I heard rumors she has "help" with her singing.

And when I say "help," I mean Milli Vanilli-like help.

scruffziller
09-06-2002, 07:38 AM

Or thinks that his music is like some sort of Biblical scriptures and refuses Weird Al to parody them.:mad:

Rogue II
09-06-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller

Or thinks that his music is like some sort of Biblical scriptures and refuses Weird Al to parody them.:mad:

That &$^@%@#!!!! How dare he deny Weird Al!!!!

Here is another quirk:

Monday Night Football's Frank Gifford. I hated it when used to pronounce half of the player's names wrong. If he was a real professional, he should have learned the names before the game. He know's who's playing a week before the game. If he wouldn't have been messing around with that Flight attendent, he might have some time to study the names. Oh, and his other quirk....Kathy Lee Gifford....ewwwww.

scruffziller
09-08-2002, 05:01 PM

That &$^@%@#!!!! How dare he deny Weird Al!!!!

Yep, besides the confusion with Coolio, Weird Al always asks the original artist their permission (even though legally he doesn't have to), Prince is the only artist that has said no.

Darth Vellner
09-08-2002, 10:19 PM
"Pauly Shore"(The Weezel)

"HEY BUUUUDDDYY"

"It's THE WEEEEZZEL!"

"OOOOOOOUUUHHH!"

(in a seinfield voice)
WHATS the deal with this guy!

floppy hat jon
09-10-2002, 10:01 AM
The Baldwins annoy me by just existing when they get involved in politics.
Didn't they say they would leave the country if George Bush beat Al Gore? Lousy Democrats.

If there's anything I despise more than the Baldwins, it's generalizations. It just shows a lack of creativity.

TylerD
09-10-2002, 07:43 PM
FLOPPY HAT JON!!!!! Dang dude, long time no post......you used to post here a couple of years ago didn't you? Or am I just further confusing myself??

floppy hat jon
09-10-2002, 09:40 PM
FLOPPY HAT JON!!!!! Dang dude, long time no post......you used to post here a couple of years ago didn't you? Or am I just further confusing myself??

I sure did, it's been quite a while and I thought I'd make my way back over to SSG and see how things are over here. I can't really remember why I stopped posting here, though. Oh, well, I'm sure that's for the better.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-10-2002, 10:07 PM
Barbara Streisand...."Now appearing for the very last time, for the last time...for the very last time!"

..........Don't miss out on this last performance...although there will be another one next month.

David Schwimmer....what a whinny, no good, rickafrackmuthafruckarickarackabrak! I can't tell you how much I absolutely cannot stand this person....he's certainly NO actor as I'm sure his real personality IS that stupid idiot Ross!

Jim Carry - get a new act bud...you are road hard and hung out wet!!!!

phew!

:)

Lord Malakite
09-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
The Nanny... that annoying laugh!!

Like fingernails on a chalkboard.

mini-rock
09-12-2002, 03:50 AM
Julia Roberts "cackle" in Pretty Woman, and every other movie she manages to slip it into.