PDA

View Full Version : How many figures of Padme Amidala do you hope to see made in the near future?

Tycho
09-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Padme Amidala has got 12 or more possiblities for seeing her wardrobe changes turned into action figures from "Attack of the Clones."

In addition, she still has 5 unproduced versions possible from "The Phantom Menace."

What would you like to see Hasbro produce for their action figure line-up in the near future?

El Chuxter
09-05-2002, 04:49 PM
If we're getting countless minute variations on Tatooine Luke and Maul and the like, we need all Padm&eacute's outfits!

Tycho
09-05-2002, 04:53 PM
F.Y.I.

Padme's outfits from TPM include:

1) Handmaiden
2) Pre-Senate (Palpatine's Office)
3) Post-Senate (Palpatine's Office w. JarJar)
4) Return to Naboo (purple dress done as 12" Portrait Edition)
5) Theed Ceremony

The outfit with the light blue headband in the collage picture provided, is from a scene shown in the "Forbidden Love" trailer, that was cut from the movie. It is from the deleted scene in Padme's family's house, in which her mother, father, sisters, brothers-in-law, and nieces and nephews were cast for.

Hopefully we'll see it on the DVD in a month or so here.

I think the 11 other outfits from AOTC you're all familiar with.

OC47150
09-05-2002, 05:02 PM
I'd like to see several of the outfits (PM and ATOC) produced. I think Hasbro can space them out nicely between now and Ep. 3, like one or two a quarter.

If you stop and think, we only got five 3.75 Amidala figures from PM: Theed invasion, black travel outfit, Padme Naberrie, Republic Senate and the purple attack. We at least need Padme in the orange mufti outfit.

JediTricks
09-05-2002, 05:03 PM
I think we need at least a Padme Handmaiden from Ep 1 (orange version, not maroon... there are 2 different outfits for the Handmaidens) and a few important outfits from Ep 2... including a non-ridiculous version of her Geonosis outfit.

Beast
09-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Well the non-ridiculous version is coming, remember JediTricks. I'm on board for more Padme's as long as they are as nice as the POTJ ones. They need to especially get her Handmaiden outfit, Return to Naboo outfit, and Celebration outfit out of the way from TPM. But I want them all. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bib Forlobster
09-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Personally, I don't care for the Padme figures. Don't get me wrong, I love the character and I can definately see why people want the figures, but so far the previous offerings have not interested me. I just don't find them that exciting.

If I had to pick a fave so far, I guess it would be the version of her as she was during the podraces (forgot the exact name). The ones of her in her royal gowns and other dress start to have that Barbie doll type of feel to me. I'm sure most of these figures are geared more towards serious collectors and young girls. After all, Hasbro does gear everything towards the core buyers first (young boys) then the collectors second. I can't imagine that Hasbro would create a whole slew of Padme's first. It's more likely we'll see these figures as the steam from AOTC calms down and just before EpIII. Then again, after all the movies are out and they are just reaching for ideas to keep the line alive before it finally dies out.

I do like the pics of the pilot Padme and will probably purchase this figure if it looks good in person. I would also buy a more accurate version of her in her skin tight white outfit. The one that's out now is just silly looking. Hasbro seems to feel that they have to over accentuate her features to get her to sell. We all know Natalie Portman is flat chested, but she's still beautiful anyway, so let's have a decent figure of her!

Well, I've been going off on a tangent for too long now (too much sugar) so I'll relieve you all and go now.

JediBoulton
09-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Sure -- The more Padme figures that we have -- the more scenes we can create. If Hasbro can produce (practice) making some Padme figures that look GOOD and dont stink -- then the odds of us getting REAL KOOL main figures is better. I have always likes a varity of figures -- it used to make playing with toys more fun, especially when they come with alot of accessories that pertained to that costume and/or scene. With all that said -- we at LEASE need Padme in the "Black Leather" outfit. You know the one -- in front of the fireplace, the fire sparkling off her suit, the look of true love in her eyes, the...OOPS -- sorry for the daydreaming .. haha.

More figures....

Master ToNone
09-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Kabuki Amidali (pre-senate in Palpy's office) is the number one priority. Make a highly detailed 750th figure or something. It was the coolest costume.

ChrsRaleigh
09-05-2002, 07:44 PM
I wouldn't mind all variations. But definately S&M Padme and nightgown Padme would be lovely additions.

mrhat
09-05-2002, 08:20 PM
I dont really care if they make them all, as long s that leather black one from the "hideout" with the fire where anakin tries to make some moves and she says No

Tycho
09-05-2002, 08:53 PM
My favorites and which outfits complete scenes seem to be opposites on occasions.

My favorites are:

her backless dress from the first kiss "Forbidden Love"

the fireplace leather outfit best described as "Black Temptations"

the "Tatooine White" outfit where her midriff is once again showing. This one could actually go with Anakin and Owen's swoop that's rumored to be coming. And the figure would go well with the Lars family if they see a plastic mold.

The figures that collectors can really use to complete scenes are different:

the nightgown is essential to the whole thing with Obi-Wan coming with the assassin droid. It's part of that sequence that gives a beginning to the story. If done right, she'll have the blue outer robe that comes removeable, so you can set up the balcony shot, too. (When Anakin tells her he has to leave to save his mom)

the refugee freighter outfit is one I actually can't stand. It was UGLY, but it goes with the Anakin Peasant Disguise figure that they did (in which case the figure was ugly anyway - so why not make her to be ugly with him?) A quick change of accessories might make her into the Naboo Ambassador style of dress and headpiece she wore to meet Queen Jamilla (in case they do a figure of the new ruler of Naboo).

the Senator figure actually would be one I'd really like. While not a favorite, you can pose her with: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, JarJar, Capt. Typho, Orm Free Taa, Plo Koon, Yoda, Mace Windu, Ki-Adi Mundi, Royal Guards, etc. You could do a lot of scenes if they made Senator Amidala! This figure should be a priority.

(The refugee figure can at least be posed with most of your Star Wars aliens, and the nightgown figure goes with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Capt. Typho, a future figure of Dorme, etc.

Padme's white outfit, supposedly not-ripped, and neutrally posed, will be good for any droid factory scenes, and the Tatooine departure / Geonosis Arrival.

I could still use a resculpt of the ripped white one, too. One where her arm doesn't have rigor mortis. ;)

TylerD
09-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Forget the Padmes! I'll take a REAL LIVE NATALIE PORTMAN!!! :D :D :D ;)

LusiferSam
09-05-2002, 10:32 PM
I'd like to see all Padme's outfits. But I'd settle for the important ones from both movies.

stillakid
09-06-2002, 12:35 AM
ALL OF THEM. There is absolutely no excuse for not producing every single one of them. If Hasbro can find the time to churn out a gazillion versions of Luke, Qui Gon, and Darth Maul, then surely they can squeeze in the unique outfits of Amidala. I was even looking forward to continuing my collection of the 12" Collector's Edition Amidala's but sadly that looks like it's come to an end. Heck, if they're afraid that "girl dolls don't sell," then sculpt them all and put 'em in a big window box together. What the hay? Whatever it takes to get them into my collection, I'll support. :)

bigbarada
09-06-2002, 12:49 AM
I would like to see a few key outfits from TPM and AOTC, it would be nice if Hasbro would make them all; but it's doubtful I would buy them all. The only ones I am concerned with are:

a new version of her TPM Senatorial Gown, with the outer robe and the better detail we have seen in the more recent releases.

The outfit she wore in Palpatine's chambers when she first visited Coruscant. The grey kimono inspired one.

Her Senatorial outfit from when she visited Palpatine's chambers after the attempt on her life at the beginning of AOTC.

A better version of her Geonosian outfit (wouldn't it be considered kind of disrespectful to wear a skin tight white bodysuit to a funeral? Them Naboo have some wierd customs.:) )

The blue outfit she wore on Tatooine during Anakin's "I killed them all" rant.

I'd like the nightgown outfit, but it's not going to happen. Not for an action figure line.

That's about all I would really buy.

AdmiralPiett
09-06-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by TylerD
Forget the Padmes! I'll take a REAL LIVE NATALIE PORTMAN!!! :D :D :D ;)
I always find myself agreeing with you, TylerD. This chick is HOT!!! She should have a figure made of her in every one of those outfits.

Some of you guys mentioned the deleted scene where Padme is in the blue outfit that was previewed in the trailer. I'm glad that it's not only me that noticed the deleted scenes in those trailers. I downloaded that first trailer (the one that was supposedly only on the official site for about 20 minutes before they yanked it) and I noticed a bunch of jedi running from left to right on the screen on what looked like a grassy field and there was also an Imperial Shuttle flying over what I believe is Coruscant. I mean, from the trailer it looked like a very different movie than what we got in the theater. Can anyone tell me what happened to these scenes?
Piett

stillakid
09-06-2002, 01:49 AM
------------

YodaBoba
09-06-2002, 08:18 AM
I would like to see the rest of Padme figures from TPM. Also ones from AOTC. I'm getting tired of seeing resuplts of main characters in the same outfits like: Luke, Han, Maul, Qui-Gon and others. I like to see other main charcters made. I would really like Hasbro to make Padme (Handmaiden) and Padme at the end of TPM.

YodaBoba
09-06-2002, 08:32 AM
I think Hasbro should make all of the Padme figures that were not made yet. This way we can add them to our collection of figures.

Tycho
09-06-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett

I always find myself agreeing with you, TylerD. This chick is HOT!!! She should have a figure made of her in every one of those outfits.

Some of you guys mentioned the deleted scene where Padme is in the blue outfit that was previewed in the trailer. I'm glad that it's not only me that noticed the deleted scenes in those trailers. I downloaded that first trailer (the one that was supposedly only on the official site for about 20 minutes before they yanked it) and I noticed a bunch of jedi running from left to right on the screen on what looked like a grassy field and there was also an Imperial Shuttle flying over what I believe is Coruscant. I mean, from the trailer it looked like a very different movie than what we got in the theater. Can anyone tell me what happened to these scenes?
Piett

That was a fake trailer that was fan-made but quite popularized. There was never a Jedi strike force sent to Naboo comparable to the size of the one sent to Geonosis.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised that there isn't more support for ALL of her unproduced outfits.

From TPM, the handmaiden is a sure seller. If it's generic enough looking, I'll buy probably around 20 of them, for Padme's 5 handmaidens that are often seen with her in dioramas I'd be doing.

The Ceremony one goes with the Anakin Naboo figure (child-padwan).

The purple on I have reservations about: She must have some sort of softgoods to let her sit in the Royal Starship's throne chair! I don't like figures with "flat-butts" like Emperor Palpatine from the Final Jedi Duel 3-pack. It looks cool, but if you can get a real figure to look that good, then it's earned its value.

The pre-and-post Senate figures are ranked the least priority from TPM figures, but I'd like to have them as well.

In AOTC, perhaps the white is Padme's "dress uniform." She was already wearing her gun, before she knew she was going to Geonosis. If Tuskens were a threat at the funeral, 1) Anakin couldn't have killed them all in that area & 2) Cliegg, Owen, and Beru would also be armed at the funeral (they were not). Remember US Marines' dress uniforms? In "A Few Good Men" Colonel Markinson wears a gun with his dress uniform. A Marine's gear is more elaborate than this particular outfit of Padme's, but maybe that's all she had to bring to Tatooine on such short notice as when Anakin told her he was taking off to go save his Mom.

I totally disagree about the nightgown figure. It's incredibly important to the scene, regardless of whether it is exciting or not. She could also be packaged with the Assassin Droid as an accessory. Or maybe this droid could actually carry and release the cohounas (alien assassin bugs). Then she'd be a seller!

bigbarada
09-06-2002, 03:19 PM
I don't know, a woman in her nightgown for a boy's action figure line? That right there is enough to make some high ranking Hasbro execs pretty squeamish. Not to mention parent's groups who seem to jump on anything that seems risque.

I wasn't denying the importance of that figure, since that is my favorite look for Padme in the film (not as stuffy as most of her other outfits). I just don't think we'll see that one while Hasbro holds the liscense.

Chiesa
09-06-2002, 03:32 PM
We need all of them!

JediTricks
09-06-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Meanwhile, I'm surprised that there isn't more support for ALL of her unproduced outfits.These are still "action figures", not fashion dolls. Leia had tons of action sequences so most of her outfits make sense in action figure form, but for Padme she has a lot of "stand there in a new outfit and say a few lines" clothes, I really don't think all of them are worthy of action figureness.

bigbarada
09-06-2002, 04:08 PM
What JT said.:)

Personally, there are many other characters who I would like to see made into action figures before we get any more Padmes (ROTJ Skiff Guards for one:D ), so if all of Padme's outfits are never made then I really wouldn't care. To be perfectly honest though all I need is a really good resculpt of her Ep1 Senatorial Gown and her Ep2 Geo Arena outfit (which I have heard we are getting next year) and I will be content on Padmes until the release of Ep3. Just the most notable outfit from each film is all I need.

Tycho
09-06-2002, 05:31 PM
I agree with what JediTricks and BigBarada said about the line being intended for boys toys and 'action figures.'

But I also agree with Stillakid, that all of Padme's wardrobe should be produced.

There's a significant amount of people who buy Star Wars figures out there who are collectors - that is they like a variety and they don't play with these. A well sculpted character of a Skiffguard can suit them just as well as Luke Skywalker. Padme's even a main-character.

A smaller portion of collectors, are diorama builders - the category I definitely fit in.

We'll buy these figures of non-action Padme's to put in scenes with our other characters from Palpatine, to C-3PO and the hopefully produced Cliegg, Owen, and Beru group.

The Fans' Choice figures are good ones to gauge the whole scene by: #1 Duro, is sitting in stores. #2 Amanaman is as well. We'll see how #3 Ephont Mon does. It seems like everyone here will buy him. I also think it's possible that all of you own Amanaman and the Duro, while the figure STILL warms the pegs at stores. They seem to support JediTricks and BigBarada's arguments. They're not "action figures" like CloneTroopers are.

But there's one more element to factor in: female action figure collectors. For some, either this is the only way they can get girls, or it is actually girls that go and collect these particular figures too, or whatever (I'll leave it to your imagination), but some collect all female action figures. They might be rather unusual individuals too.

There are main character collectors, I'd almost forgotten. So there are a lot of ways these could sell.

And after Slave Leia was marketed, I think Padme in a full body nightgown would not be controversial. Next time around, a figure of Padme PREGNANT might cause more of a stir. Yet this is a realistic possibility and an extrememly important plot element to Star Wars.

Well, we'll see what happens with that, as well as how Ephont Mon sells.

Beast
09-06-2002, 05:37 PM
Well since the worry is that "Nightgown Padme" won't sell very well, make her a Fan Club exclusive 2-Pack. That way they can put "Bedtime shirtless Anakin" in with her, and people that want both of those versions can get them from the Fan Club.

They could even as Tycho said before, include Padme's robe as removable soft goods, and Anakin's baggy shirt that he wears on Naboo on the balcony as soft goods as well. :) That way Hasbro still makes them, and doesn't take "valuable space" away in the regular line up for 2 figures that some people don't care for. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
09-06-2002, 05:45 PM
Or package her with an assassin droid that can actually release the poisonous creatures from a tube, like I said before. - Instant Deluxe Figure (probably doesn't need to be Deluxe though).

stillakid
09-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
These are still "action figures", not fashion dolls. Leia had tons of action sequences so most of her outfits make sense in action figure form, but for Padme she has a lot of "stand there in a new outfit and say a few lines" clothes, I really don't think all of them are worthy of action figureness.

Well, s**t, if that's the basis for what gets made and what doesn't then we should be forced to return half of what's been made so far. Practically every alien in any of the films, particularly in the Cantina and Jabba's Palace, several characters in both the Republic and the Empire, as well as good ol' *****-heh Sack-ool. :rolleyes: What did the Chancellor in TPM ever do? He stood there and talked for a minute, then kind of slumped over for a second. Why is there justification for that figure and not Lingerie-Amidala? At least she stands up takes two steps and turns her head back to Ani. If we're measuring action, she burns at least twice the calories that the Chancellor does in about half the time. ;)

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to why some figures are made and others are over-made (a billion resculpts and still counting). Aside from improvements in the design and manufacturing technology that can offer better articulation and detail, there shouldn't be any reason to spend significant amounts of time doing endless resculpts of already released figures. In short, do it right the first time for cryin' out loud. How many Qui Gon's do we really need? He had one freakin' outfit. How many Tatooine Luke's from ANH were released? Same problem.

That time is better spent on those figures that have yet to be released, whether it be Skiff Guards or Amidala Outfit versions. To settle for anything less is just making excuses.

Bib Forlobster
09-06-2002, 07:59 PM
Tycho, I like the idea of a pregnant Padme from Episode III. Then we'd also get another figure of Luke & Leia included with her! (with removable soft good huggies)

Turbowars
09-06-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by TylerD
Forget the Padmes! I'll take a REAL LIVE NATALIE PORTMAN!!! :D :D :D ;) I'm all for that!!!!! It's getting hot in here! :crazed: :crazed:

dr_evazan22
09-06-2002, 09:47 PM
Like El Chuxter's comment about all the different Luke variations, we're getting a Concept Stormie !

We deserve more Padme's (all outfit's in 3-3/4", about 1/2 in 12").

AdmiralPiett
09-07-2002, 05:24 AM
I agree with Tycho, these Padmes would really help a lot of diorama builders. I think Hasbro could do a nice job on them too. Recently I've been pretty pleased with the figures that are made for diorama builders. It seems that characters with minor roles or characters with short parts in a certain costume (that isn't action related) are often done very well. Boshek, Ephant Mon, Palpatine, and some of the Amidalas from POTJ come to mind.
I was just thinking back to when I was a kid during the vintage days and only one of my friends had a Leia Bespin figure. No one else had any Leias period. I didn't have any Leia figures but I always wanted one. She was a main character! I don't agree that little boys would not buy a female action figure just because it's in a nightgown. Is a nightgown much different from what Princess Leia was wearing in ANH?
By the way, I don't see why parents groups should be upset if a pregnant Padme is made for E3. Pregnancy is a perfectly natural human process.
Piett

Tycho
09-07-2002, 09:32 AM
I don't see why parents groups should get upset over anything.

When they do, they like to throw their weight, self-importance, or their religion around onto everyone else.

They like to hear the sound of their own voice or they have political motives like Tipper Gore did with the music labels.

"Smut" will always (should always) be available for those who like it (which would be a majority of us anyway) and parents should look to their own children if they don't want them listening to explicit music or playing with "offensive action figures."

If their children don't listen to their parents and get into "the wrong stuff" anyway, well tough. The parents are trying to control them way too much and also trying to make their children defy their own human nature.

When it comes to action figures, characters in their nightgowns or pregnant (if it's such an important part of the story - such as "protect pregnant Padme or Luke Skywalker will never be born" - there is hardly anything risque with that. In the assassin droid scene, Padme was not wearing any kind of "Frederick's of Alderaan" teddy, it was an attractive, if ordinary nightgown worn during an important action sequence. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the movie's first plot premise is a Jedi investigation into an murder attempt, is it not? O.K. then.

If they make her in her nightgown (with the assassin droid and poison bugs) or they make her Episode 3 figure accurately (because how will she not be pregnant in E3 if Luke and Leia are to be born? No Star Wars movie ever takes place over a week in their time, let alone 9 months!) - but in either case, I don't think we'll hear a peep from parents. Nothing was said about Slave Leia. I remember the chic from the He-Man series wearing an approximately similar outfit back in the '80's when Mattel first marketed her. (She-ra, but the other girl, too. I wasn't a fan so I don't know her name.) - and yeah, O.K. so Leia was kept in bondage like some kind of S&M show with a large worm in place of escargo, but again a nightgown and/or a clothed pregnant figure don't even approach this level of suggestion - and finally, Padme in her nightgown IS an "action figure" since that was a key action sequence in case I wasn't clear.

bigbarada
09-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Do you know why we didn't hear a peep from parent's groups about Slave Leia. Because parents groups really don't take notice of stuff like that. I don't believe that they would take notice of, or care about a nightgown or pregnant Padme either. HOWEVER, Hasbro thinks they will and as long as the "play it safe" bigwigs at Hasbro think so, then we will never see those figures made.

Oh yeah, and the not so subtle jibes at religion are not appreciated. Let's try to keep the subject on toys, okay?

Tycho
09-07-2002, 07:12 PM
Hmm. I'm debating editing my post. It was not meant to personally offend you Barada. But morality is subjective to each individual (in practice if not in theory) and it can influence what gets produced for our Padme figures - so if it was a negative insinuation about religion that was thrown out there regarding this, to me, then it sort of equates the possibility of being a non-religious person insulted by Hasbro (or their perception of what the popular morale authority says) when they don't produce certain Padme figures we've been discussing the need for here: a PG rated nightgown assassin victim, and one pregnant individual who's only on-topic grace is that it's assured that this will accurately portray her according to what Lucas has leaked out, and the fact that Luke and Leia must be born.

Since Star Wars consists of PG movies, I can't think of anything that cannot be produced. We've seen Luke Bacta, Slave Leia, Maul cut in half, Jango decapitated, and Ponda Baba, amongst others, with one-less-drink-holder. And we've seen drinking and drug use too (Jabba, and the fact that Han was his former drug smuggler). I think "spice" supplies / paraphanalia (other than Jabba's hooka) are not too likely, but not ruled out yet either.

Is Qui-Gon stabbed through the heart too questionable? Logistically it might be hard, since you'll need something to plug his body with when the saber's not stuck in him, but I think if the plug's back side was actually the tip of the lightsaber, this could work. Is it immoral to offer this to kids to play with? They make every other possible variation of Qui-Gon almost anyways. So why not?

TylerD
09-07-2002, 07:57 PM
Parental Groups Shmarental Groups! Let's not forget that these were the whole reason for Kenner never finishing production on a Yarna figure...or for Hasbro, when they didn't put a small clone in the clone jar that came with Taun We...parental groups suck....

stillakid
09-07-2002, 10:45 PM
Sex has always been an enemy of just about every religion while anything having to do with violence or confrontation (especially in the name of said religion) has always been fair game. I can turn on my tv at almost any hour of the day and watch somebody getting shot or beaten up or yelled at, but just try to air a Madonna concert on anything but HBO and wait for the Religious Right to come out in droves. So the equation of religion into a discussion about clothing on female toys has less to do with personal jibes and more to do with actual historical events. I'm sure that no one intends to mean any of it personally.

Although, I personally am perplexed as to how it got brought up in the first place, as has been mentioned previously that Slave Leia was sold without a peep from anyone. Suggesting that a Lingerie Amidala or Pregnant Amidala would go unproduced because of religious prudishness is pure speculation at this point as far as I can tell. Unless someone has specific inside information that would say otherwise...

bigbarada
09-08-2002, 01:02 AM
I would take issue with the comment that sex is the enemy of religion. God created sex, so it is not evil, just the abuse of it is.

Anyways, people seem to be totally misunderstanding my comments:

1. I am not opposed to a nightgown Padme, in fact I would love to have this figure.

2. Parental groups are too busy attacking video games and rap music to pay attention to a relatively tame toy of a female character who, in her nigthclothes, is more modestly dressed that the combat gear of a Tomb Raider toy.

3. However, the top execs at Hasbro, who are more concerned with their bottom lines and profitability, will most likely never approve an action-figure of a female in her nightgown. They fear the possible (if unlikely) protest of parent groups, so they will never green-light such a figure. Thus, it's not about religion, it's about money.

My comments here aren't made in anger, so please forgive the terseness of my post, but this is intended to be more of a challenge to Hasbro than anything else. I would love for them to surprise me and make this figure. In which case I would happily eat my words, then go right out and buy this figure.:)

Tycho
09-08-2002, 01:20 AM
Well said, Big Barada!

But yes, I still want the Padme nightgown figure. Her other outfits would look more attractive in the packaging, but she completes an important scene in the movie's plot and goes right along with Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I need to restate, that the black leather, Tatooine white showing her midriff, the backless gown worn by the lake, and the Naboo Senator figures would be my top choices, but only the last one is really important to the plot of the movie and compliments other action figures (besides Anakin).

scruffziller
09-09-2002, 08:04 AM
Yea, I mean they basically make up version of all the Luke's, Mauls, etc. and really don't make any differences, the different versions of Padme are legimately different, so by all means. Hasbro says they want to concentrate on making figs of characters that are most recognizable. With the many versions of Padme's outfits, you got multiple different figs but with the bennefit of recognizableness.

karinations
09-10-2002, 02:05 AM
Im very dissapointed with the (non) selection of Padme figures for AOTC. I'm a man. I would rather have another Padme than another Justin Timberlake..er..i mean Ryan Phillipe..er..i mean...Anakin figure.i already have 3 of those from this film already.With a 4th on the way.The lone Padme figure from AOTC is the suke. Shes "posed" already and her arm doesnt stay down.
Skip the "action features"just give me a good sculpt and half decent articulation and im happy.
I"LL MAKE THE F*&*ING ACTION!
We need Padme in the non-ripped white outfit,with cape.
We need another(better)ripped outfit. We need that black dress she had on in that crappy scene by the fireplace(good dress though)we need that outfit she had on when she was packing,and we also need the one she had on when she was sleeping and was attacked by those slug things.Call it something as inventive as the rest of the figure titles..Padme Coruscant attack (?) It's better than Padme assasination attempt.

What no good?

-V-

Tycho
09-10-2002, 06:07 PM
I totally agree with you.

Except:

when she was packing is less important than her Senatorial outfit when she meets with Palpatine and the Jedi start their investigation.

the scene by the fireplace was not crappy and had all the intonations of Shakespeare's tragic lovestory lines, and possibly for a very good reason if I've predicted Episode 3 correctly.

karinations
09-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Shakespeare? Really man? I dunno...
That was some WB quality acting right there.And the dialog?
Who talks like that? Even in a fantasy setting.
Justin,er..Hayden came across as a creepy stalker type with mental problems,im not sure that's what they were going for.
"I'll do anything!" Settle down cowboy..
Any woman would be looking for something sharp or a phone to get to. Portman gives her best "straight" reading of the lines delivery but it's juts a friggin mess.I had to cover my eyes.
it was one of a few points on the film that just made me embarrased to be there.
But the figure woulld be suhweeeet:)

-V-

stillakid
09-11-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by karinations
Shakespeare? Really man? I dunno...
That was some WB quality acting right there.And the dialog?
Who talks like that? Even in a fantasy setting.
Justin,er..Hayden came across as a creepy stalker type with mental problems,im not sure that's what they were going for.
"I'll do anything!" Settle down cowboy..
Any woman would be looking for something sharp or a phone to get to. Portman gives her best "straight" reading of the lines delivery but it's juts a friggin mess.I had to cover my eyes.
it was one of a few points on the film that just made me embarrased to be there.
But the figure woulld be suhweeeet:)

-V-

Just for the record, that sounds like something I would say but it isn't me under another screen name. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees that "love story" for what it is.

Regardless, the action figures are still needed and there is no good reason for all of them not to be made. My favorite outfit of hers is that orangy fly away thing she wears on Naboo. I was hoping for the 12" of that, but it's not to be.:cry:

jjreason
10-07-2002, 04:14 AM
Im very happy with the looks of the new Padme figure ready to be released early in 03. Cool white outfit with cape (be it a little too flowing) and no rip. This should have been the first Padme figure released for AOTC.