PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Rumor List

Geonosian
07-18-2002, 12:29 AM
I was just wondering what was planned for 2003?
Poggle?
Trebor?
Anakin robes?
Post your thoughts.

The True Maul
07-18-2002, 05:42 PM
I hope those will be out we know that two more Jedi will be out next year so....... and maybe Plo Koon will be delayed, I hope not. Jar Jar sounds cool :)

Geonosian
07-19-2002, 02:10 AM
JarJar would be cool with his senete robes.

Beast
07-19-2002, 02:17 AM
It's way to early for to know what Hasbro has instore for 2003, in the 12" line or 4" line. The only figure that we know for sure is likely, is a 12" version of Padme in her Arena outfit. And 2 more 12" Jedi's if the Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon sell well. Since that figure was supposed to released instead of Zam in the second E2 12" Asst.

As for 4", we know for sure of Padme: Arena, R2-D2 w/ Booster Rockets, and Aayla Secura. After that, it's anyones guess. We may learn more late this year, since we should be getting the early 2003 Asst. in December. likely another Anakin, Obi-Wan are in the cards atleast. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-19-2002, 02:36 AM
Ok. JarJar is there a chance of a 12" Coleman Trebor and a Geo Warrior?

Beast
07-19-2002, 02:42 AM
Everything is possible, but since Hasbro is supposed to be planning to do the entire Jedi Council in 12" scale at 2 per year thru the fan club, Coleman may be in the cards at some point. It depends if they are doing the E1 council, E2 Council, or both. :)

As for a Geonosian, possibly. I see it more likely as an exclusive if they ever do one though. That would be the best bet for the 12" Padme: Arena Outfit. Do it as a 2-pack with a Geonosian Warrior and pack in Padme's shawl/cape and the Geo Warrior's Blaster. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-19-2002, 02:45 AM
I see...When do you think we will get word on the 12" of 2003?

Beast
07-19-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
I see...When do you think we will get word on the 12" of 2003?
Probably not until Toy Fair, or just after. Usually exclusives aren't on display or talked about during Toy Fair. For all we know, they may end up mentioning what they have planned for next year, late this year. All depends on how secretive Hasbro wishes to remain. Since next year isn't a movie year, I think they will loosen some of the reigns on info a lil more. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-19-2002, 03:03 AM
Good. Hope we see some new things at Toyfair.

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 08:38 AM
Everyone. Lets speculate the 12" for 2003.

The True Maul
07-20-2002, 08:50 AM
The 2 jedi figures- Coleman Trebor, Shaak Ti
Others- Geonsian Warrior, Poggle the Lesser,Padme Geniosis ( sorry if I spelt that wrong)Battle, Nute Gunray, Jar Jar Senator,Chancellor Palpatine and Sly Moore or Royal Guard (coudn't make a decision) 2 pack thats all I could think of let me know if if you like my idea's!!!! P.S. Geonosian you got cool idea's for the 12" figs !!! :) :cool: :)

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 08:55 AM
Thanks mate:)
I really do hope we get a 12" Poggle, Trebor and Geo warrior. They are all cool:cool: characters. We are defenatly getting Padme:Geonosis. Just hope we get the 3 mentioned above:)

The True Maul
07-20-2002, 08:57 AM
Yeah they would all be cool!!! :)

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 11:01 AM
What are some of your ideas?

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Jarjar want 12" do you think will come out in 2003?

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 04:45 AM
Anyone have a clue.
Anything confirmed?

Beast
08-13-2002, 09:51 PM
Geonosian, I swear that I have told you in the past that Hasbro never announces next years products this early. You'll have to wait til either November when most Toy Companies do Pre-Toy Fair orders. Or Toy Fair itself next Febuary to find much of anything out about what's in store for 2003. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 10:04 PM
"JarJar your my only hope..."

Well what do you think.

Another Anakin?

derek
08-13-2002, 10:17 PM
if the past is any indication, i bet 2003 will see the following 12" figures:

episode 2 wave 3:
1. white outfit padme on a barbie body
2. a repainted battle droid
3. an alien jedi knight

store exclusives:

anakin on a swoop bike

ultimate darth vader

classic trilogy wave:
1. some luke figure
2. boba fett (repaint from the jango fett figure)
3. lando skiff guard(?)

6 inch releases:

1. episode 2 yoda
2. episode 2 boba fett

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 10:24 PM
Is there a chance of that alien jedi being Coleman Trebor?
Also I hope Anakin with Swoop Anakins cape will have the "flying" effect.

N-2PF
09-05-2002, 06:20 PM
The 2003 Rumor List reported by Mike from Galactichunter:

12" Figures

Saesee Tiin (Fan Club)

Plo Koon (Fan Club)

Han Solo with Gunner Station

mini-rock
09-05-2002, 07:14 PM
So it's possible there will be only one fan club exclusive this year.

allenj456
09-06-2002, 12:06 PM
Have we seen a pic of this 12" Padme thats supposed to be in the same wave as the Geo. ?

mini-rock
09-07-2002, 10:44 AM
I haven't seen one yet. I bet it will show up kinda like Zam did, about a month or so before release.

derek
09-08-2002, 12:34 PM
"han solo with gunner station"???

is this supposed to be like the small version released a while back? that one didn't sell well, and a 12 inch version sounds like a shelf warmer to me!!!:cry:

unless the head sculpt of han is dooku quality, i think we have more than enough han solo figures.

i'd much rather have a rebel fleet trooper, weequay, lando skiff guard, captain panaka, naboo pilot, or alien jedi over this.:)

The True Maul
09-08-2002, 07:07 PM
I agree with Derek it will probably be a major pegwarmer!!:)

derek
09-08-2002, 08:35 PM
Hasbro has a WW2 navy soldier with those big cannons that are found on battleships. that "gunnerstation" has been warming the shelves at toy 'r us for over 2 years now. i can picture the "han solo gunner station" doing the same exact thing.

i'd much rather hasbro make a 1/6th scale snow speeder or land speeder. i was at toys 'r us the other day, and i saw the coolest 1/6th scale vehicle. it is a very detailed chrysler prowler that's also remote controlled for only $99.oo.:) and of course, both hasbro and 21st century have also made full sized jeeps, scout cars and 21st century has made 2 huge tanks, so 1/6th star wars vehicles are very possible.

this vehicle is just about the same size a snowspeeder would be. i'd easily pay $150.oo for one of those.:)

Exhaust Port
09-08-2002, 09:03 PM
What exacltly is the "gunner station?"
Which movie scene is it from?

derek
09-08-2002, 09:24 PM
it's probably gonna be the millenium falcon gunner station from episode 4. sounds like a dumb idea to me.

i'd rather have anakin on a swoop bike.:)

Beast
09-08-2002, 09:35 PM
Watch the Han w/ Gunner Station be exclusive for Target. That way they can turn around and release the set again, but with Luke. Just like they did with the Speeder Bike. I'm still waiting for the rumored Speeder Bike w/ Leia. :rolleyes: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
09-08-2002, 09:52 PM
I'm still waiting for the rumored Speeder Bike w/ Leia

Exactly. Why not release Speederbike w/ Leia instead?

Being a completist I will buy the Han/Gunnerstation if released, but I hope this IS a rumor, and that nothing comes from it.

derek
09-08-2002, 10:39 PM
mini-rock,

i'm a 12 inch completist, or sucker, as hasbro calls them;) but this gunner station han solo will have to be an actual 1/6th plastic harrison ford for me to buy it. any reused han solo heads, or a new craptacular one like the han stormtrooper, will end my days of being a completist.:)
if hasbro is going to start re-releasing core characters, they better be BBI or dragon quality head sculpts and paint jobs.:)

mini-rock
09-08-2002, 11:08 PM
derek,

Well, right now it's just a rumor, but if true and Hasbro did re-use a han solo head then I wouldn't buy it right away. Let's just hope that this one figure on the list stays a rumor.

I tell you what though, Saesee Tiin and Plo Koon (if true) will rock!

allenj456
09-09-2002, 11:29 AM
what about Padme?

gtrain29
09-09-2002, 02:24 PM
I pray that they don't make the han with gunner station. Another shelf warmer will start hasbro whining about the 12" line not selling well again.
Also I have little hope that the han would look good considering the hideous sculpts of the han bespin, han carbonite, and han endor (looked kinda like Tim Allen).

PLEASE MAKE LEIA ENDOR WITH SPEEDERBIKE!

Battle Droid
10-23-2002, 07:23 PM
From,
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=273&zoneid=7

Kaybee

12" Gamorrean Guard (February)

Target

12" Leia with Speederbike (TBD)

derek
10-23-2002, 07:27 PM
your link isn't working, but if this is true, it's fine with me.:)
i kinda expected the leia with speederbike to come out eventually.
i bet the pig guard will be like boss nass, 15 pounds of plastic, but an otherwise kewl figure.:crazed:

Battle Droid
10-23-2002, 07:31 PM
K, now the link is working, it's linked to the news article now.

Beast
10-23-2002, 07:49 PM
About time that the rumored Princess Leia w/ Speederbike was finally announced and coming. That thing was rumored to come out shortly after the Luke one was released. Well, better late then never. :)

The 12" Gamorrean Guard will be cool, if it's done well. Hopefully since the figure was planned and cancelled twice, the whole body has been sculpted. And they don't do as Derek suggested, and just slap a gamorrean head on the Boss Nass body. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
10-23-2002, 09:11 PM
I still don't believe that Leia is going to make an appearance anytime soon. This is just another rumor of TBD which is what we've been hearing for the last year and a half. I guess I'll believe it when I see it on the shelf.

mini-rock
10-24-2002, 02:41 PM
Oh Yeah! Crossing my fingers hoping this really does happen. :D

Tycho
10-25-2002, 04:23 PM
OK - I'll buy 2 Gamorrean Guards!!! :) - and that's great news because then the next 12" Jabba wave will not include the Gamorrean in the regular asst. so we can have at ALL the rumored Jabba figures from times' past: LANDO SKIFF GUARD, WEEQUAY, and OOLA!

Now, hmmm. I'll have an extra 12" Speederbike. I want Luke and Leia both riding one together since you can't really do that with the POTF2 figures. So I'd kind of hoped I'd get a Leia Endor figure w.o. the speederbike.

Now with the Deluxe Clone, you can swap bikes and put Leia and Luke 3 3/4" together on the new one that won't "blow apart."

But you could do the reverse (and I might) with the 12" and put a white CloneTrooper on the exclusive speederbike.

Guess what? In another year or so, I bet you Hasbro will do that and try and SELL it to us that way :rolleyes:

mini-rock
10-26-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
But you could do the reverse (and I might) with the 12" and put a white CloneTrooper on the exclusive speederbike.

Guess what? In another year or so, I bet you Hasbro will do that and try and SELL it to us that way :rolleyes:

Ha! I hope not, but I bet you're right.

evenflow
10-29-2002, 07:46 AM
I can't wait for the Gamorrean Guard. I wish the Rebo Band pairs woul dbe released.

Turbowars
11-02-2002, 06:36 PM
I have wanted a Gam Guard for years! I hope he's all fat green the way the fim has him. If old Zuckuss is as good as the early shots, I have confidence that Hasbro might be able to pull it off!

Exhaust Port
11-05-2002, 06:59 PM
I borrowed this link from a post in the Saga thread but it had some info about possible upcoming 12" figures:

AT-ST Driver
Lando Skiff Guard
Han Solo

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=336&zoneid=2

The first 2 are great, with Lando being long over due. I'm pretty hesitant about the Han Solo. Perhaps it'll be an Endor Solo to keep with the theme of the other 2. I wouldn't mind that varient I guess.

Jayspawn
11-05-2002, 09:38 PM
I could do without another 12" Endor Han or a Skiff Lando. A better 12" Lando would be great though. I'd really like a 12" AT-ST Driver!!!!

"Bring it on Hasbro!"

Beast
11-05-2002, 09:43 PM
The 12" Han is probably the same one from the earlier rumors list. The Han Solo w/ Gunner Station. Haven't heard any other rumors outside of that for a new Han Solo. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
11-05-2002, 11:05 PM
What would Solo w/Gunner Station be exactly?

derek
11-05-2002, 11:15 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14246&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Exhaust Port
11-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Hey, I love the fact that I asked the same question 2 months ago! I remember the scene from the movie but I can't seem to think of how they're going to pull off a Gunner Station. There really wasn't much to it other than a basic seat with some goofy targeting stuff. If that's the future Solo release, I'll pass. If I wanted that version of Han I could just put a vest on my Carbonite/Cloud City Han.

Beast
11-05-2002, 11:40 PM
They will probably just scale up the 4" version of the Gunner Station sets. That's gonna be a pretty big box, that probably won't sell. Plus it will just be another basic version of Han, likely with some painted on gloves and a plastic headset attached to the side of his head. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Cruel
11-06-2002, 12:41 PM
This new Han Solo figure COULD be a great one if they do it right. I will keep my optimism until I get one in-hand and open it. If it stinks...it will go back.

But an entirely new sculpt and the new Joe body along with removeable headgear and a well done gunner station could do the trick. As was mentioned another time. If they make it as well as they did the Joe navy gunner, it'll rock!

Tycho
11-08-2002, 03:05 AM
Han could have his stormtrooper belt on....

As far as Lando is concerned, a great headsculpt that really looks like Billy Dee Williams is so necessary, but I really wanted the Skiff Guard AND I also actively want the General figure in a 12" before another Bespin Lando.

Paul Heaberlin
11-10-2002, 06:04 PM
Hey, I just wish they'd start doing their female figures using GI Jane or Dragon 'Eve' bodies. These crappy bodies on Zam and Aura put the 'suck' in 'suck'.

I would like a Han gunner station if a) the figures had a decent head and B0 if the gunner chair and controls were accurate.

I'd also love a 1/6 landspeeder.

gsr-jedi
11-11-2002, 12:24 AM
A 1/6 Landspeeder would be cool, big, and exclusive.

gsr-jedi
11-11-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Tycho

Guess what? In another year or so, I bet you Hasbro will do that and try and SELL it to us that way :rolleyes: [/B]

This (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1786171782) is on eBay for a mere $175 with Buy It Now

Tycho
11-11-2002, 02:30 AM
Who would pay $175 for that?

There's no customizing involved, no extra packaging effort...

I could see $65:

If you don't have the Bikerscout or Luke Speederbike, or don't want to give up these figures' bikes, you can wait for Leia Endor on Speederbike to come out.

It will probably be $49.99 when it's first released.

Then you have to go and get a 12" Clone Trooper - that's $20.

So you're over $70 with tax on both items...

However,

1) Leia will probably go on clearance at one point or another - might even debut underpriced too (I got my Luke before the shelfdate and consequently paid the $12 clearance price for it since it was the same sku as the Bikerscout.

2) The 12" Clone Trooper will probably be put on the bike, just like I said, and sold for $49.99 at first release...

So why not save at least $65????

E-bay.....HAH!

Exhaust Port
11-11-2002, 10:17 AM
I agree, that's pretty lame. :rolleyes:

gtrain29
11-11-2002, 08:06 PM
I agree with Tycho about the 12" Lando General figure. Maybe it could come in a 2-pack with a 12" Nien Numb. Anyway, I also hope the rumors of the Lando Skiff and AT-ST Driver are true -- would really like to see a 12" General Veers as AT-AT cmdr.
Has anyone heard anymore about the 12" Max Rebo band?

mini-rock
11-12-2002, 10:55 PM
I was wondering about the 12" Max Rebo band myself. Haven't heard anything in a long time.

Beast
11-14-2002, 03:47 PM
According to Galactic Hunter, the Han Solo is going to be an updated version of the Blaster Drawing action 12" figure that was released years ago as a U.K. exclusive. They also intend to release the Luke Skywalker w/ Saber Swinging action that was also exclusive to the region. This is great news for the folks that don't want to have to trackdown and pay thru the nose for the figures. :)

Collectors who recall the U.K. 12" Han and Luke with swinging arm action features from the old Collector Series will be glad to know that Hasbro plans on re-introducing them for the Saga line in 2003 . Han Solo with swinging blaster action from A New Hope will be the first released in the assortment coming in February which also includes the AT-ST Driver and Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise. Luke Skywalker (A New Hope) with swinging lightsaber action will then follow later in the year.

Both will be updated from the previous POTF2 Collector Series incarnations and feature new head sculpts and toolings. The action features are activated by a button in the back of the figure. Hasbro sees this as an opportunity to give new collectors in the scene a chance to acquire these classic characters in retail. Stay tuned for more details and photos as we receive them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
11-16-2002, 04:21 AM
So now I wonder if the Han Gunner Station is still possibly in the works or is this the only Han we can expect next year.

Beast
11-16-2002, 04:27 AM
The Han: Gunner Station will probably end up an exclusive next year. I'm gonna guess that it will go to target, since they had the Speederbikes. Just like with them, Target can release the same thing with Luke in 2004. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 08:41 PM
I wonder if the exclusive Jedi Council member will be Yoda with his little chairs?

mini-rock
12-10-2002, 08:51 PM
Hover chair or Jedi Council chair?

mini-rock
12-29-2002, 02:57 AM
So here's what we know will be released for sure in 2003 so far:

Anakin (Slashing Action)
Geonosian Warrior
Leia as Boushh w/Carbonite Block
Padme Amidala

And this is what I know of that is rumored:

AT-ST Driver
Gamorrean Guard
Han Solo (Gunner Station)
Han Solo (Drawing Action)
Lando (Skiff Guard)
Leia w/Speederbike

If my info is wrong someone please let me know. Also, has anyone heard on the next Jedi Council Fan Club Exclusive? Any other rumors or confirms? :D

Beast
12-29-2002, 04:06 AM
Mini-Rock, the 12" Max Rebo Band pairs are supposedly back on for this year also for Wal-Mart. But again, just like last year, who knows if and when they will show up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
12-29-2002, 07:37 AM
I would like to see the Weequay added to this list. It was once rumored in this group, too. I want Lando Skiff and the Gamorrean.

I have the Geonosian and Anakin early, just waiting to get Padme and a 2nd Geonosian (it's that good!).

Leia w. Speederbike sounds cool - though I wish she'd have been boxed separately - I'd have put her on Luke's giving him a ride instead.

Whatever happened to Oola - a Twi'lek girl 12" would be nice :D
While Aayla Secura in 12" would also rock, I'd love to see a 12" Jabba with Oola chained being made.

I could care less about the AT-ST driver or the Hans and Lukes they talked about.

mini-rock
12-29-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Mini-Rock, the 12" Max Rebo Band pairs are supposedly back on for this year also for Wal-Mart. But again, just like last year, who knows if and when they will show up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SWEET!! I hope the Band pairs do happen.

A friend of a friend on the inside has told me the next FC Exclusive will be Saesee Tin. While I'd like to believe him he also said that Plo Koon wouldn't be out till '03 so I'm wondering if anyone has heard or knows any different. I thought it was Tycho that once said the next FC Exclusive would be Eeth Koth.

Tycho,

Yeah I got the Anakin (Slashing) Padme, and Geonosian early too, and the Leia as Boushh w/ Carbonite Block is on the way. I've also already gotten Plo Koon, but I guess that doesn't count since he is really supposed to be a '02 figure. A Twi'lek figure like Oola would be awesome, and even better if it were Aayla Secura. Oh man I'm already drooling all over myself for that one. :D

Tycho
12-29-2002, 11:16 AM
I might've said that the next Jedi Master was Eeth Koth. I can't remember. I hoped so. Though he and SaeSee Tiin I like a lot - both of them I mean.

I wish I had Padme already. My friend has Plo Koon and I was disappointed. I can wait to order him through the most regular, cheapest channel.

I also want a 12" Adi Gallia.

mini-rock
12-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Yeah I read your post about your disappointment with Plo Koon. I feel different though and thought he was a great figure with my only complaint being the way the neck looks. Oh yeah and of course the lack of Jedi robe.:D

Adi Gallia would be great, but I'm hoping for Shaak Ti or someone more alien first.:)

I'm also curious why we haven't seen any 6" figures from AOTC yet. A Yoda, Boba, and R4 set would be nice.:)

Tycho
12-29-2002, 11:47 AM
Dang! I know! I made a custom Jango Fett with those Soldiers of the World costumes they sell in Target.

You know which ones? In the blue packaging - they're like an alternative to Ultimate Soldiers.

Their WWII PT Boat Commander has a blue shirt with jeans (sort of) along with a white undershirt (not attached to the outer shirt) and his gun belt and weapons, maps, etc.

I thought Hasbro did such a good job on making Jango look like Temmura Morrison, that I wanted at least one of my figure's faces showing (a tough choice, given his cool helmet and armor).

So I made Jango from his apartment and I so much want to put a young Boba Fett figure with him. I like the father-son-element in that a lot, as other SW characters grew up either without a father, or getting an adopted dad late.

Anyway, I can at least pose Obi-Wan with him - and possibly any future 12" Kaminoans (though they're not too high on my want list - maybe in the middle...)

But they have the mold for 6" Anakin. It'd be easy to just alter the skin tone and make only a new head for Boba.

Of course I want at least 3 more Yoda figures (not caring if they are the same one bought 3 times, - just that I need at least one with Yoda's lightsaber - besides, he really turned out to be the most popular star of AOTC in the broadest sense of the public.

Anti-hero fans dug Jango and Boba. Many girls liked Anakin. Fanboys liked Obi-Wan, Mace, and Palpatine. Dooku was well received by most groups. Most men liked looking at Padme, regardless of what they thought about her role. But nearly everyone couldn't stop talking about YODA! After all, he is the Master!

mini-rock
12-29-2002, 12:00 PM
Agreed.:D

gtrain29
01-01-2003, 03:04 AM
I thought I once heard a rumor that a 6" yoda was on the way for AOTC, but that was long ago. That would be great to see a new wave of 6" figures including little Boba, though.
It also seems reasonable that hasbro would make Oola or the jedi twi'lek since they could easily make the other one from that sculpt.

I also must agree with Tycho about the 12" WEEQUAY. I've wanted them to make him for a long time, now.

Also, does anyone know if hasbro is finished with Episode I? I'm just curious since they finished without making the main villains: Senator Palpatine & Nute Gunray. Its especially annoying since they made chanc valorum w/ senate guard but no palpatine!

Tycho
01-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Definitely agreed with you there:

I wanted SENATOR Palpatine, and Nute Gunray and Rune Haako, at that.

Also a Darth Sidious.

They can do Nute with 2 hats - that's easy enough. He was popular for his funny lines during the Arena Battle.

Sidious is simple. Maybe they'll wait until E3 and give Palpatine an over-robe so you can dress him as either. That'd be cool - but the problem is that you leave out the fact that you'd only get one Palpatine: the Chancellor or the Senator due to the sculpt and costume changes. So at least 2 Palpy's will be necessary.

What do you think about releasing him that way though: a Palpy / Darth Sidious combo? Instead of a lightsaber or gun or something, his accessory will be a big sith CLOAK - what a concept!

Oh, I forgot: Hasbro doesn't remember how to make cloaks for their 12" figures.... :rolleyes:

mini-rock
01-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Personally I'd rather have the 2 seperate figures instead of a Palpy/ Sideous combo. As for EP1 figures I sure hope they aren't done with that yet. Nute, Rune, Droideka, & Sidious would be great bda guy's to have. So far we only have 3 Mauls, 1 Electronic Maul, and 2 Battle droids for bad guy's. The one EP1 figure 'd like to see that will NEVER happen is Anakin in his Pod Racer.

Aotc 6" charachters I'd like to see are Yoda (of course) Boba, Boba Clone w/ ODD or EVEN Class Helmet, Tusken Uli-ah, and maybe even R4-P17. The ones we will proly see are Yoda (I hope) Watto w/ hat, and R2-D2 w/ rockets. Heck I'd even take a couple Jedi Initiates or President Shu Mai of The Commerce Guild since he was kinda short. Some bigger figures 'd love to see, but never will are Kaminoan w/ Aiwas, and Anakin & Padme in the Unipod rikshaw. Dooku in his open cockpit speeder bike would be cool, but Anakin w/ swoop bike I could wait awhile on. :D

Tycho
01-01-2003, 03:51 PM
R4-P17's body was destroyed. Obviously he doesn't even have an R4 head any more.

Anakin decided to fix up what was left of the CPU of the droid and hardwire it into his Master's ship as a gift for Obi-Wan. It is in the E2 Visual Dictionary and some official site references.

Lucas didn't know what the difference between an R4 and R2 was apparently (he didn't design all the background stuff for his movies) but he wanted a foil for Obi-Wan to have dialogue with during his adventure alone, so he needed a character and decided to call it R4 and put it on the starfighter. Doug Chiang is on a video included with our DVD pointing out to George that there is no way an Astromech could fit in that ship, and George tells him he doesn't care - it's a story script requirement, and the fans will figure something out.

There cannot be an R4 figure for that reason - we have one - on the Jedi Starfighter. And unless they make a starfighter for the 12" (an awesome idea!) then we will never have a figure of R4-P17.

mini-rock
01-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Also from the visual dictionary:

"Astromech droids are built for versatility and are easily fitted, and re-fitted, with a range of standardized parts and equipment."

There is no reason they couldn't give R4 a body. If Hasbro can make a 12" (Old) Anakin figure, even though he didn't appear that way in the ROTJ since he was a ghost, then they can do an R4 as well. I wouldn't mind a red Astromech droid.:D

gsr-jedi
01-01-2003, 08:48 PM
The Nemoidians would be really cool, as well as a Droideka (esp. if it could roll up), I also wouldn't mind a Captain Panaka (but that isn't a necessity)

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Yoda w/ Lightsaber. Kids possibly might not care about a Yoda in 3 months. But if kids aren't buying it, then it might be a little easier to find. I think a Dexter would be cool. I'd like to see the Max Rebo Band. I only want a Oola or Aayla if they don't have small bodies & big heads; and I'd want Oola more, if they made a 1/6 Jabba

evenflow
01-02-2003, 08:34 AM
Hopefully the Max Rebo band pairs come out.

Jaff
01-03-2003, 02:06 AM
If it was a fairy tale world hasbro would make 12"
2-1B
Gamorian Guard
Weequay
Garindan
Teesek
Lando General
Endor Rebel Soldier

Unfortunately the only things I heard of that are semi-concrete is
Lando in Skiff (That would be awesome)
AT-ST Driver (Very cool)
Han Solo (What for, why, don't need him, han with belt, mynock mask, whatever lamebrain thought of that).

I'm going to write a letter to my congressman. Han shouldn't be in the new case. What the !!!!!!...............

mini-rock
01-05-2003, 11:11 PM
Amen to that. MO MORE HAN SOLO FIGURES!!!! Start a petition instead, I'd sign it.:D

Seeing as how the other 2 figures are from ROTJ I bet we get the "blind man with a stick" Han w/ stick slashing action so you can knock Boba off your shelf.

As for the Ganorrean Guard I thought that was already set for a Febuary release:confused:.

Man I can't wait to see what new AOTC figures will be coming out.:)

Ook
01-24-2003, 08:12 AM
I just caught this list on another site:

Padme Amidala
Anakin with Slashing Saber
Geonosian Warrior
Han Solo with Quick Draw
Lando (Skiff Guard Disguise)
AT-ST Driver
Luke Skywalker with Slashing Saber
Biker Scout
Ewok 2-pack
Yoda (with chair & accessories)

I hope the Ewoks look decent. I'd like Logray & Chirpa. I also hope Yoda is sculpted Ep 2 style. And the Biker Scout ought to please folks. :)

Tycho
01-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Wow! That's some great news. I could use several Yoda figures:

make him in the E1 Council since (I hope) we'll get all our Jedi Masters (my Plo Koon for 19.99 just arrived mint from NewForceComics.com - I highly recommend them since the Fan Club's in disarray)

and I want Yoda to fight Dooku, as well!

More Ewoks the better! However, note that Wicket was a Wal*Mart exclusive, so I'm not 100% certain that they wouldn't re-release him to all stores with another "friend" like Teebo.

I'd dig them re-releasing the R2-D2 with Tools! I never got that one. Passed it up because I had two R2's and wasn't thinking I'd do scenes with my 12" then.

A single ScoutTrooper is cool because I want Luke and Leia on the same speederbike and you can't do that with the 3 3/4" figures because their bike would explode. (Now I suppose you can use the Deluxe CloneTrooper's, but we're talking 12" at the moment). Now I won't have an extra Speederbike if I take Luke off his and add him to Leia's. (but I don't know...a 12" CloneTrooper on that bike would be pretty cool as well - I have 2 Bikerscouts already).

mini-rock
01-24-2003, 01:50 PM
Let's not forget the Gamorrean Guard and Leia w/ Speederbike.

Besides Yoda I'm surprised we haven't heard about anymore AOTC 12"ers being released this year.

mini-rock
01-29-2003, 04:18 PM
I was reading on another site that Hasbro has said there will be 10 "new" 12inch figures released in 2003. I'm guessing they mean from AOTC since the list shows 10 and the Gamorrean Guard & Leia w/ Speederbike make 12 already. Plus we know we should be getting 2 more from tha fan club as well. Anyone know if Yoda will be a FC exclusive?:D

Beast
01-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Mini-Rock, I think when Hasbro said 10 they were only talking about basic release figures. Not exclusives. Remeber we've noticed from how they say how many basic saga figures are coming, that they never include exclusives in the count. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
01-29-2003, 05:28 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I see. Thanks JJB.:D

mini-rock
02-05-2003, 02:37 AM
Gamorrean Guard 02/03
Endor Leia w/ Speederbike 05/03
Saesee Tiin 05/03

Tycho
02-05-2003, 03:07 AM
1) Padme
2) Anakin
3) Geonosian
4) Leia Boussh w. Carbonite Block
5) Lando Skiff
6) Han Action Arm
7) AT-ST Driver
8) Leia Speederbike
9) Gamorrean Guard
10) SaeSee Tiin
11) Yoda
12) ???

What's the status of Max, Droopy, and Sy Snootles?

mini-rock
02-05-2003, 03:13 AM
The list I got the others from showed those on there, but it didn't say 12" next to it. I like to think they are the 12" versions, but didn't want to include them b/c of that.:)

Ook
02-05-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
Gamorrean Guard 02/03
Endor Leia w/ Speederbike 05/03
Saesee Tiin 05/03

:eek:

I must have one now!

derek
02-15-2003, 08:57 PM
in hasbro's press release they announced ten 12" figures will be available for 2003.

so far we know of these.....

1. anakin
2. padme
3. geo warrior
4. gamorrean guard(exclusive)
5. han solo
6. lando
7. AT-ST driver
8. leia boussh(exclusive)
9. leia w/ speederbike(exclusive)(maybe)
10. ???

...so who is the other one? are they counting plo koon as a 2002 or 2003 release? if he's considered as a 2003 release, and another jedi council member is on the way, that would make 11.(or maybe hasbro has scrapped the jedi council idea, since they dumped plo koon at online retailers?)

.....but, if hasbro follows their normal release schedule, another wave of three figures will be released in the fall. that wave would probably include the rumored re-release of the tatooine luke with saber swinging action.
:confused:

also, does hasbro count their store exclusives in the 10 figures they have announced?

Beast
02-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Derek, we discussed the 10 figures issue in another thread. Hasbro doesn't appear to include exclusives in their count. Just like they don't for the basic 3 3/4" line. So, Leia: Speederbike, Gamorrean Guard, Max Rebo Band pairs, and etc. arn't included in their numbers. So probably means, 2 waves of 3 figures and 1 wave of 4. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
02-15-2003, 09:09 PM
yea you're right. a few posts above it lists the possible 4 figure wave as luke, yoda, scout trooper and ewok 2 pack.:) so if exclusives aren't counted, that would make 10.

mini-rock
02-16-2003, 08:52 AM
You know what I'm wondering, why we haven't heard of any new 12" figs from AOTC for 2003? Besides the Padme, Anakin w/ slashing action, and Geo Warrior (which we've known about since Oct. of '02) why haven't we seen /heard anything new for the AOTC line?

derek
02-16-2003, 09:40 AM
You know what I'm wondering, why we haven't heard of any new 12" figs from AOTC for 2003

probably because we're not getting any more this year, if hasbro follows their traditonal release schedule, which is unfortunate.

instead, if rumors are correct, we'll get another original trilogy wave in the fall. i guess there is always 2004...........:cry:

who else would you like to see, mini rock?

i would want.....

1. darth sideous
2. outland peasant anakin(new real scan headsculpt)
3. anakin on a swoop(new sculpt)
4. naboo fighter pilot padme(new real scan sculpt)
5. C-3PO
6. tusken radier with removable head:evil:
7. boba fett
8. taun wee or lauma su(about 15 inches tall)
9. obi-wan with wet hair (for fight with jango)
10. chancelor palpatine

mini-rock
02-16-2003, 12:36 PM
Well, I'd like to see all new figures first. I know that we'd get some rehashes, but I'll list my wants from most wants on.

1) Any female Jedi. I don't care which one, just give me a frikkin female Jedi already!!:D

2) Chancellor Palpatine w/ robe

3) Representative Jar Jar Binks

4) Wat Tambor

5) Poggle the Lesser

6) Watto

7) Droideka

8) Clone Pilot

9) Captain Typho

10) Padme Naboo Pilot Disguise

That would be it for "basic" figures for starters.

The next Jedi Council Exclusive I'd like to see is Shaak Ti.

Some 2 packs I'd like to see are:

1) Dexter Jettster w/ WA-7 (Droid Waitress)

2) Taun We & Lama Su

3) Fully developed Clone (no armor) and Clone child w/ helmet.

4) Female Tusken Raider w/ child

5) R2-D2 w/ booster rockets & C-3PO (Maybe even electronic ones. R2 with rocket sounds, and 3PO with all the droid factory lines.:D)

For a figure with creature I'd like to see Kaminoan w/ Aiwas, Anakin w/ Reek, or Padme (mid-riff showing) with Nexu.

A figure with vehicle I'd like to see is Obi-Wan w/ Jedi Starfighter. I know this would be pretty big, but not much more than Sandtrooper w/ Dewback I think. Dooku w/ open cockpit speeder bike, and maybe Anakin w/ Swoopbike would be cool too.

HECK!! Maybe even Cliegg Lars so I can chop off his other limbs and than have Anakin standing over him getting ready to chop his damn head off for leaving Shmi to die (which is what he shoulda done).

Ultimately I'd like every character made into a figure (wish wish), but in the 12" line I know that'll never happen.:D

jpak001
02-16-2003, 01:04 PM
I'd be happy if they just made a young boba & Anakin w/Speeder. Dooku w/speeder would be cool too, but not necessary since already have an awesome Dooku!

mini-rock
04-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by derek
probably because we're not getting any more this year, if hasbro follows their traditonal release schedule, which is unfortunate.

I was thinking about this the other day. I guess never payed much attention on Hasbro's release schedule, I just bought whatever they released. Do you have a breakdown of their release schedule? And when do you think we will see more EP1 figs?:)

derek
04-02-2003, 03:19 PM
i've noticed that hasbro will usually release three 12 inch waves a year. one wave around winter(anakin, padme, geo warror) one in the spring(han solo, lando, AT-ST) and one in the fall (luke, biker scout, ewoks). of course this dosen't include exclusives.

if we ever get any episode 1 figures again, it will probably be sometime in 2004 or early 2005. i'd say we have about a 1 in 15 chance of seing an episode 1 figure made before episode 3 stuff is released.

if the past is any indicator, i doubt we'll see any more episode 1 12 inchers. :cry:

maybe they will suprise me and devote an entire 3 figure wave to the episode 1 line before episode 3.:confused:

mini-rock
04-02-2003, 04:17 PM
So the rest of this year will be OT figs, and I guess we can expect more EP2 figs next year? Then the year after would be EP3 figs. Hmm, I do hope we see something from EP1. Thanks for the info derek.:D

Beast
04-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Don't forget that the 3rd wave of 12" figures will be 4 figures. Luke: Tatooine, Biker Scout, Ewok 2-Pack, and Yoda w/ Lightsaber. So there is one more AOTC's 12" figure coming this year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul Heaberlin
04-02-2003, 06:34 PM
Okay, so which ones are still due out this year? Got the Padme Geo/Anakin set. EE just sent out my Han/Lando/Driver set. I preordered the Gamorean for june. I expect another 12" set this fall(Who IS in this set?) You guys are saying there's gonna be a Leia on Speeder(seen some pics around here of her) I think it's safe to presume she's a Target exclusive. I did pass on the Leia Boush(lousy arms) so, for my feeble attention span, WHO can I expect to see this year?

Thank-you!

Beast
04-02-2003, 06:46 PM
*Points you one post up*

12" Asst. Wave III is supposed to be :

Luke Skywalker: Tatooine w/ Slashing Lightsaber Action
Imperial ScoutTrooper (Biker Scout)
Ewok 2-Pack (Unknown Names)
Yoda: Jedi Master w/ Lightsaber

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
04-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Cool! Thanks JJB. :)

DANG! And still no word what the next FC Exclusive will be. That's if they are still doing that.

Paul Heaberlin
04-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the answer! Just wanted to double check!

Think we'll be able to come across Plo Koons anytime soon at a decent price?

-Paul <-kicking himself for not ordering him back in december.

mini-rock
04-05-2003, 02:11 PM
Maybe, but I'm just not that patient to wait on buying new figures.:)