PDA

View Full Version : Is TA Anakin NE Good?

yukface27
09-05-2002, 06:31 PM
I still haven't picked up a Saga Anakin figure, because they all seem really crappy. The new TA Anakin looks awesome, so I want your guys' opinion's: is it worth picking up?

DeadEye
09-05-2002, 08:04 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about this figure. The only downside is that it's impossible to find.

Darth Sidious
09-05-2002, 08:44 PM
I have also heard great things, and from the picture it looks great! Except it is lacking good distribution. :mad: But if I see this I'm getting it. As for the other Anakins, I do think OPD Anakin looks bad (I don't have it), but I am quite fond of HD Anakin. :)

DeadEye
09-05-2002, 08:52 PM
My big bro JEDIpartnr, one of the coolest forumites (it runs in the family!) :D says that TA Anakin is just as good as HD Anakin...and that's saying something!

hango fett
09-05-2002, 09:14 PM
i have it and the only bad thing is that the damn gimmik ruins his pose!!! and when he kicks, it only goes like half and inch!!! but other than that and his lightsaber STILL not being right(doesn't have the activation box or whatever) it's a good figure!
h

KIDD
09-05-2002, 10:21 PM
Its the best ankin in the saga line so far

DeadEye
09-05-2002, 10:43 PM
Hango,

Just give him the blue saber that came with the HD Anakin...he didn't use that blue saber when he fought with 2 sabers anyway.

Chiesa
09-05-2002, 10:50 PM
Its definitely the best figure of Anakin up to date... It worth almost every penny!!

Chiesa
09-05-2002, 11:04 PM
Deadeye you got a private msg! :D

Darth Trymybestus
09-05-2002, 11:42 PM
I have more than one of Anakin Hangar Duel and more than one of Anakin Tatooine Attack.
Here's how I rate the SAGA Anakin figures:

1 - Anakin Skywalker - Hangar Duel
2 - Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine Attack
3 - Anakin Skywalker - Outland Peasant Disguise
4 - Anakin Skywalker - Deluxe

Why?
Well, Hangar Duel is such a good sculpt and although the Gimmick is lame, it doesn't ruin the figure.
Hangar Duel has a very good pose but with Tatooine Attack, even when the figure is standing up, it almost looks like it's sitting down.
The gimmick is pants and I would say that yeah, although it doesn't ruin this figure because it's a very good sculpt, it's annoying.
The accessories for Tatooine Attack are very good for all you Diorama builders but as a figure, it was very much hyped and it's a damn good figure and one of the best of the SAGA line but it doesn't top Hangar Duel.
To anyone who hasn't bought Hangar Duel because they're waiting for Tatooine Attack... I say get Hangar Duel because if you're a fan of Anakin Skywalker, you need BOTH of these figures.
Both of them are fantastic in their own way but man, Hangar Duel is the best Anakin yet.
I actually like Outland Peasant and call me weird but I prefer it now because it's not my only Anakin figure. :)
If you display Hangar Duel and Tatooine Attack on your shelf, take a look at them and you'll see that Hangar Duel looks more like Anakin.

Bobajames
09-05-2002, 11:51 PM
i don't too much like the OPD Anakin... that big box he has looks like a big grill or something and his cape could kinda look like an apron... so i call him Backyard Grill Party Anakin. GET IT!!!CUZ HE HAS A GRILL AND STUFF HAHAHAHAHA, ha , ha.......................... oh i'm such a loser

allenj456
09-06-2002, 12:02 PM
TA is ok- he s got a kinda funky stance though- i hate the wheel on the HD Ani and the stiff left arm..nothing is as bad the OP one though.

DeadEye
09-06-2002, 01:58 PM
Got your message, Chiesa. :)
And I agree that HD Anakin is a wonderful figure. His saber-spinning action works well for me, anyway. My only problem is that his arm always falls off and he looks dumb when only holding one saber.