PDA

View Full Version : Should Hasbro make the Lars Family Landspeeder?

Tycho
10-23-2001, 09:50 PM
I've always wanted to add to my Mos Eisley Spaceport diorama with a new type of "Tatooine" landspeeder.

Would you buy one (for a cheap $10 classic vehicle)?

Do you think the sales Hasbro needs to justify making this could be sufficiently reached?

Obi-Don
10-24-2001, 10:23 AM
Yes I would buy one,and I think if they make it right at a low price it would sell big.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-24-2001, 11:35 AM
Heck yeah! I'd get one, unless it was priced like the B-Wing.

I don't see why Hasbro wouldn't put one out, unless it is very close in appearance to the ANH speeder. We got one from EP1 (Flash Speeder), why not one for EP2? The figures have to have some kind of vehicle or playset.

Starfig873
10-24-2001, 12:01 PM
This would be a great vehicle to add to the line! Heck..considering its not that large of one at that, it should be priced rather well too.

Jayspawn
10-24-2001, 03:39 PM
I would buy one. I think it would be awesome. But only if it was at the $10 price.

Lobito
10-24-2001, 03:54 PM
Definitely!!! Lets put this on the Dear Hasbro section!!:D

Jargo
10-24-2001, 05:24 PM
OOOH YEAH! There's either the dark black and maroon Lars version or the white and yellow version from Mos Eisley.

Also there's the A1 deluxe floater that can just be seen parked outside the cantina on widescreen viewing, and also parked up in the used speeder lot. I want both. How about the swoop bike and rider that spooks the Ronto? The red and black twin engined speeder from Mos Esp[a, seen as the heros first enter the town?

All of these speeders could easily be made. Larger vehicles cost too much and you can't really do much with them exept hang them from the ceiling or stack them up in their boxes. The smaller vehicles have more play value and are easier to store and display. Not to mention the fact that they look so darned cool. I love Luke's landspeeder and even Maul's speeder.

I'd buy multiples of any new speeder as I'm sure a lot of you guys would too. So there's definately saleability in them. Once the kids go nuts for episode two they'll go nuts for the OT vehicles as well. won't they?

evenflow
10-25-2001, 08:39 AM
I would buy one, but it is not very high up on my list. More towards the bottom. There are smaller vehicles that I'd rather get before this one. :)

Eternal Padawan
10-25-2001, 09:06 AM
Good Luck. You can rationalize the good selling points of a Star Wars Vehicle all you want, but what was the last Classic Star Wars ship that wasn't an exclusive (and therefore non-existent to buyers not wanting to plunk down $100 for a Skiff at on-line scalpers or e-Bay)? What was it? I can't even think back that far...

So my point is that Hasbro has gotten out of the Star Wars vehicle making business. You don't think so? Let's look at the tape.

AT-ST/Speederbike combo: Uses old molds and it's an exclusive which means only 12 are made. Good luck finding one.

Crashed Snowspeeder: Uses old mold and it's an exclusive which means 12 are made.

TIE Interceptor: Except for the wings, it uses an old cockpit mold and it's an exclusive which means good luck finding one.

B-Wing: Hey look! it uses an old mold and it's an exclusive, which means they only made 12 and e-Bay has 'em for $100.

Y-Wing: Well, golly...it uses an old mold and it's an exclusive so...

Skiff: I think the track record is clear. Old mold. Exclusive. Good luck finding one.

Based on this theory, there are no molds of Lars Landspeeders laying around Hasbro, so this will never see the store shelf.

bibfortuna
10-25-2001, 11:47 AM
Well, I'd sure like to see that Lars family landspeeder. I bought a couple of extra of the POTF2 regular landspeeders so I can try to put together a Lars Family speeder.

It probably won't be to scale, as Luke's speeder was a 2 person one, and I'm assuming the Lars family speeder was more than that.

Those are cool vehicles, and I'd love to see a new one.

Rob

Jargo
10-25-2001, 02:16 PM
Wel for a start I have al the vehicles you mentioned and boght them at reasonable prices considering each one was an import. secondly they were plentiful in supply and hang around most places I look for months.

Hasbro are releasing several smaller vehicles for episode two according to reports, so why not assume that the market is good for smaller vehicle and not so rosey for the larger fighter sized ones?

I only said they 'could' easily be made. Not that I expected them to be made. It would be nice and I'd buy them but I don't hang out much hope either. The Lars family speeder didn't exactly play an integral part in the story and ninety percent of vehicles released are those that were extensively used or played such a part that they justify toy status. The Stap for instance.

Huckleberry Josh
10-25-2001, 05:44 PM
I agree with all these guys. I'd buy it. I'm up for any new Star Wars toy, as long as it isn't too expensive.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-25-2001, 05:49 PM
Yes, I would buy it. I always wanted to own a craft that hovered off the ground like that. But if Hasbro made it I would have to think twice before buying it (given their track record).:p

Just Kidding. I'm pretty much a sheep when it comes to buying a vehicle. Hasbro doesn't put out that many, so when one comes out I snatch it up.

Sean the Hutt
10-26-2001, 03:00 AM
Oh yeah, This ould be great for the diorama people. I have the micro/ action fleet one and thought they might make a bigger one someday. I don't think we will see it though. Not until the Lars family is more well known. After the next movies I mean. Then maybe we will get a fan club exclusive or something!

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 09:28 AM
Not only should they make a family speeder (or the Mos Eisley variant), they should crank out a Gian Speeder, too. That was a cooler design than the Flash Speeder.

They should make a SITH INFILTRATOR, too...

dr_evazan22
03-22-2002, 09:50 AM
I'd love to add this to my collection, and the Gian Speeder too!

stillakid
03-22-2002, 11:09 AM
Well, I get just about all the 3 3/4" figures, accessories, ships, and playsets anyway so I'd buy the Lars Family Speeder. However, I highly doubt that the general public would bite. It's such a background entity and not really that cool looking to catch a kid's eye, not like the TIE Interceptor was or my wish-list Star Destroyer would be (another shameless plug :D ). That Ep I speeder was pretty weak, I thought, so I wouldn't hold out hopes for the Lars Speeder.

hukilu
03-22-2002, 06:17 PM
I usually appreciate all that Hasbro releases. I agree with you all in thinking that the Laars speeder would be cool. Who knows maybe we can get a pack-in figure of Wioesa (sp- speeder salesman)?

mark2d2
03-22-2002, 06:59 PM
I'm against this. But only because there are so many other vehicles I'd like that are way ahead of this one. After I get my Escape Pod, Cloud Car, and Sandcrawler . . . then we'll talk.

Turbowars
03-22-2002, 07:34 PM
The more classics the merrier. Although AOTC looks promising I would rather Hasbro make classics and forget about AOTC. I know that will never happen. so I'll just go with the flow and see what happens.