PDA

View Full Version : The Ep2 Carded Figure hasbro Doesn't Want you to see

Thrawn
10-24-2001, 12:55 AM
Here is the Obi-Wan without the sticker that was smuggled out of Hasbro today since I can't post it in the news....

GNT
10-24-2001, 02:46 AM
Ok..... *moves to the next room* I don't understand...

Eternal Padawan
10-24-2001, 08:08 AM
I don't understand either...how does the image sit on top of the plastic at the top like tha...ohhhhhh, you made it yourself in photoshop and did a crappy job doing it.....I see. I understand now. Don't quit your day job.

JediTricks
10-24-2001, 08:43 AM
He's saying it's the next step in Hasbro's generic packaging.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-24-2001, 08:49 AM
I think the next step is each figure in a sealed baggie with the name written in Sharpie on the front.

bigbarada
10-24-2001, 09:13 AM
:confused:

!!! Oh I get it! Yeah, pretty funny.

However, I kind of miss the days when one card ruled them all. Remember ROTJ, when all the ANH and ESB figures were re-released on the same cards?

Lobito
10-24-2001, 07:14 PM
Those were the days indeed...before the empire...before Hasbro...:mad:

derek
10-24-2001, 08:46 PM
.........before resculpts.......

evenflow
10-25-2001, 08:08 AM
OK, terrific. ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
10-25-2001, 10:55 AM
...........before scalpers..............

JediTricks
10-25-2001, 10:59 AM
Thrawn isn't the only photo-editor on the site, this is what the new packaging reminds me of: spacewarz.jpg (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=15701)
(thanks to derek for coming up with the name, he also thinks the packaging looks like a knock-off line)

master jedi
10-25-2001, 01:37 PM
...........before me..............

Jargo
10-25-2001, 01:54 PM
I e-mailed the pic to my comic store owner friend and her response was that it looked like a cheap Euro rip off.

My only real dislike is the broken border round the blister. What's that all about? It's a bit halfarsed in a retro stylee big up to da gangsta collector! sort of thing... :cool:

It's very now though isn't it? Very 21st century... modern..... pan cultural...... :p

Actually it pleases me for the lack of the big picture on the left hand side and the bubble in a central position. It pleases me that the brand name is highly prominent. It pleases mee that it's a blue card. But.... that shade of blue? that broken border? That typeface on the sticker? That shape to the blister? Is this cardback finished? I find myself vacillating between loathing the thing and gazing fondly at a new friend... I need help. :o

Eternal Padawan
10-29-2001, 08:33 AM
Obi-Man.

JT, you kill me. That was hilarious. Or as I used to say...

"Tee Hee. Classic."

JEDIpartner
10-29-2001, 09:52 AM
"Obi-Man"... hahahahaha!!! :p Love the pic with "fishin' hat" Threepio... "Attack Clones" hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!! :D

Ok... I'm finished now. (haha)...:rolleyes:

JediTricks
10-29-2001, 10:32 AM
Part of me wants to change my username to "Obi-Man". ;)

Glad you guys liked it.

Eternal Padawan
10-29-2001, 05:16 PM
...and then I read your new signature and the laughing fit starts all over. Damn you JT! I can't breathe!!!

LTBasker
10-30-2001, 12:39 AM
Photo-Editing, something that can't easily be tought, but can easily be learned from fiddling with stuff. :D

The E2 packaging looks like something you'd pick up at a gas station or some cheap convient store. I dunno, I wish they'd have fan polls on the packaging, don't you? I mean, if you're going for a fan's appeal towards something, and you want to please them to get more attraction towards the card, what better way than having fans vote for it? :)

Maybe we'll get lucky and this is just a small preview of a prototype, cause if those are the official lightsabers they're gonna use, then looks like we'll need to be picking up some Jedi/Maul&Vader pegwarmers and transplant the blades onto the hilts of the sabers...

JediTricks
10-30-2001, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
...and then I read your new signature and the laughing fit starts all over. Damn you JT! I can't breathe!!!Oh no! I've killed again! (said in my best Brak voice)

Originally posted by LTBasker
Photo-Editing, something that can't easily be tought, but can easily be learned from fiddling with stuff.Just like l'amour. :D

I have a feeling the sabers will be the standard "stick" style ones except for special figures that need gimmicky help like Eeth Koth.