PDA

View Full Version : Who here has not found the Acklay?

Darth Sidious
09-06-2002, 04:38 PM
I do not like posting threads like this, but this is just ******* ridiculous. I have still not found an Acklay (Or Maul or Anakin, for that matter) and I know a few others, such as Hango Fett and many people in the Ohio Collector's who Club haven't found any Acklay either. Is it just not due out yet? Has Hasbro forgotten some areas? Is it...the REEK? I took a while for the Nexu to arrive in my area, but not nearly this long. The newest thing I've seen is Ki-Adi/Teemto, and they only had one of each then I never saw them again. But I have never seen an Acklay, and I am starting to wonder if I will ever see Gunships or new Clones or...well...anything newer than Ki-Adi or Teemto. I do not like buying online either. I don't like paying shipping & handling and I do not like waiting. I also enjoy the "Thrill of the hunt", so to speak. I do not like the fact that my Arena diorama has only 2 of the three beasts, and always will (?). Hasbro, I am most displeased with your apparent lack of progress...And with the Lacklay (Lack of Acklay). So, who else is experiencing Lacklay?

stad
09-06-2002, 04:46 PM
I travel a lot, and have only seen them one time here at the three Super Wal-Marts in my town. Normally, Clarksville, TN is the black hole for getting new things in, I'll find them weeks or more in Michigan, Ohio, (Maul/Anakin at Meijer's) or northern Kentucky before here, but this is the only place I've seen them. It seemed like one case at each store, they went quick and I haven't seen them since (this was maybe early August). I think on my next trip I will buy all of the Reek's at my Wal-Mart and TRU and return them in some other state, maybe then we'll get more!

OC47150
09-06-2002, 04:48 PM
I saw the Acklay once about a month ago. Can't even remember where. I didn't get him.

Darth Sidious
09-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Good! I don't have the finances nor the time to buy and return REEKs like that, (I hide them in unassuming locations) but if you want to, then go for it! I see there may be another REEK smuggler on these forums...:)

Turbowars
09-06-2002, 07:12 PM
I'm in LA CA and I have yet to see one. I wouldn't buy it anyways.

CrunchyNug
09-06-2002, 07:30 PM
I, too live in L.A. and have only seen the Acklay twice!!! And this WAS months ago. I think the problem is that they shared a split case with the Reek - two Acklays and two Reeks. :mad: I think Yestertoys.com still has them for a very reasonable price. Non-mint $16, if you're an opener, $18 for mint if you're not.

And Turbo, you don't know what you're missing. Open your toys!!! This one's got spilling guts action. You literally pull his stomach off and his innards spill out!!! :D

Darth Sidious
09-06-2002, 07:41 PM
I might buy one online, I am an opener (Unless I'd obtain a Silver Vader or something like that). The guts...Now I want it more! :D Are they still shipping?

DeadEye
09-06-2002, 08:09 PM
All they have here are freakin' reeks. No acklays, no TA Anakins or Mauls, no deluxe Yodas or 3POs, not even any freakin' Ki-Adi's or Teemtos! :frus:
Geez, I feel like I'm out in the boonies.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2002, 09:00 PM
Well, Deadeye, you are out in the boonies. :p
Really, I've seen the Acklay several times but never with enough money. :cry:

Darth Detori
09-06-2002, 09:10 PM
I saw the Acklay once way back in the time of the first sightings of the chewie wave. I saw three this week at target, and that's been it

Darth Detori
09-06-2002, 09:11 PM
I'd help you out and get one for you, but I'm QUITE poor at the moment

hango fett
09-06-2002, 09:35 PM
i wish i had one...that is about the only thing i really need to complete my arena diorama!
h

DeadEye
09-06-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Well, Deadeye, you are out in the boonies. :p

No I'm not.

jad
09-06-2002, 10:39 PM
I as well only saw the Acklay twice. The first time it was way on the top of the shelves, very hard to see. So of course I grabbed it, but I only saw it once again and there was like 2 left at a different Walmart. So I don't know whats up with this one, it's very cool, i'd like to see it again so I could buy a second one. Two opened acklays fighting would be very fun :)

DeadEye
09-06-2002, 10:40 PM
Or you could just give me one of the "fighting acklays." :p

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-06-2002, 10:48 PM
They hung around my local Wally-Mart for about three weeks, suprisingly enough. I thought they would have been snatched up much sooner since they were the only place that I saw them. I bought the last one about a week ago.

The only thing new besides the Acklay that I have seen are the Cantina packs. It's been nearly two months since I last bought a Saga figure.

InsaneJediGirl
09-06-2002, 10:49 PM
I havent seen Acklay,Teemto,TA Anakin,Ki Adi(Not that I want him),Maul,Unleashed Vader,Padme,and Anakin,Deluxe Yoda/C-3PO
or a Basic Yoda.

I do know what happened to the Yodas.Reports from my sources say scaplers got them all :(

Darth Sidious
09-06-2002, 11:13 PM
Wow...That sucks...I am still wondering if Acklays are still shipping, but I am not making a new thread about it, even though I know JarJarBinks would have the answer. :D As for the Yodas, they didn't get them all, that is what I thought...Just hang in there! You will find one someday, like I did. Or if not, you could just buy one online.

About the Acklays, I still say- It's the REEK!!!!!

thespar
09-06-2002, 11:18 PM
i have only seen one acklay in my area since about aug 3. glad i picked him up that day.

Chiesa
09-06-2002, 11:27 PM
I have only seen 1 ackley once in my whole life abt 3 weeks back... Arghh how I wish that I got him back then when I was alittle reluctant to part with the cash... Now I'm living the nightmares of not getting it then!! How horrible!! Hopefully I will see another one soon and I will definitely grab it!! No Doubts!!

Cheers
:crazed:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
09-07-2002, 06:02 AM
I have only found it in Canada.:(

DeadEye
09-07-2002, 08:32 AM
Last saga figures I got were a heap of older ones back on my birthday, July 14.
I haven't seen the cantina sets, either.

Jedi Drew
09-07-2002, 09:36 AM
Never seen them at retail. So myself and JEDIpartnr ordered them from yestertoys. It only took about five days to get them. Now I'm glad that I got one-it's a cool beast :cool: :cool: :cool: HH

Turbowars
09-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Maybe on the way from China the Acklays cocoon and turn into Reeks! See at least someone online is thinking. :crazed: :crazed:

hango fett
09-07-2002, 01:37 PM
i might have to resort to the dreaded...*gulp* ebay! there i said it!
h

Jedi Drew
09-07-2002, 02:20 PM
NOOOOOOO.........E-Bay!!!!! You are going to the dark side Hango. Order from an online store!!!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
09-07-2002, 02:30 PM
"Once you start down the EBay path,forever will it dominate your Destiny"

So hango,look around in a online store or even in the SSG Classifeds,your bound to find something :)

DeadEye
09-07-2002, 03:57 PM
I'm glad I haven't had to resort to Ebay. Some guy that lives near me said he found an acklay and opened it--and it was a reek in an acklay box! :eek:

Turbowars
09-07-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I'm glad I haven't had to resort to Ebay. Some guy that lives near me said he found an acklay and opened it--and it was a reek in an acklay box! :eek: Ah, more evidence that Acklay's turn into Reeks. Sounds like an X-File.

DeadEye
09-07-2002, 04:09 PM
Yeah! Too bad the show got canceled, although the only good episode in the whole last season was the final episode, and even that one had instances of BS, like SUVs outrunning helicopters. :rolleyes:

Old Fossil
09-07-2002, 04:36 PM
I spotted what I thought was an Acklay back in early July, in a local Wal-Mart. I checked my 'Field Guide to Elusive, Semi-Legendary Star Wars Saga Toys,' p. 225, and sure enough, that was what it was. The author suggested I should '...buy this monster when you see it, for you will not see it again, unless you visit one of its 2 permanent home ranges: Ebay, and the Mato Grosso region of Paraguay.' I passed, since I will be in the Mato Grosso next month hunting POFT2 Han & TaunTaun beast-packs, which coincidentally share the same geographical home. Naturally, the author was right, as I have not seen an Acklay since that fateful day.

Gotta find my binoculars...

DeadEye
09-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Hey Twodot,

Where can I get a copy of that book? :D

Old Fossil
09-07-2002, 04:46 PM
Ah, it is now unfortunately out of print, Deadeye. For some reason, the publisher printed way too many in the initial run, and all that remained unsold were recalled and sold to the residents of Kamchatka, Siberia, for fueling their stoves in winter. Let's see here, who was it published this thing?.... Oh, no! Criminy! Curse you, Hasbro!...

stad
09-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Hey, don't lose hope. I just got back from running around town, and the Wal-Mart across town just got a case of them last night, they were all still on the shelf. I haven't checked, but usually that means the one near my house probably got some too, either last night or tonight. I will happily pick one up for anyone, but with my high tax rate (9.5%) and shipping, it probably isn't worth it. Anyways, they obviously are still shipping, so just watch your local Wal-Mart's.

DeadEye
09-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Ok. Weird thing happened--the Wal-Mart here just got the 12" Zam and Super Battle Droid--those are brand-new, aren't they? So where's everything else?

stad
09-07-2002, 07:51 PM
My Wal-Mart got the 12" Dooku, Zam, and SBD just over a week ago. That's it though. The TA Anakin and DM have not shown up here yet, and I found them about a month (or more) up north.

DeadEye
09-07-2002, 08:11 PM
I couldn't find the 12" Dooku.
So now I need:
-12" Dooku
-TA Anakin
-Deluxe Yoda
-Deluxe 3PO

When they come out:
-Clone Pilot
-Pilot Jango
-Deluxe Clonetrooper
-Maybe the deluxe Geonosian

stad
09-07-2002, 09:14 PM
Don't worry, they'll be available. I actually have only seen the Deluxe C3PO, missed on getting it, and I totally missed Deluxe Yoda, so I have to get both of them still, plus the Target sets if I want them.

DeadEye
09-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Actually, I haven't seen jack at Target! No accessory sets...nothing! Just hordes of Captain Typhos and the basic C3PO and lots of Deluxe Jangos.

stad
09-07-2002, 09:40 PM
Yeah, my Target here in TN has been dead for quite a while too. I only saw the Hoth accessory set and deluxe 3PO at Target up in Michigan.

Geonosian
09-07-2002, 10:36 PM
I found him but did not buy. I will buy when I get my Geonosian Picador with Orray.

Turbowars
09-08-2002, 11:14 AM
My WM in Lancaster CA is pulling the same crap. They haven't gotten any new basic figures in weeks, but they get 2 cases of the 12" and tons of the Cantina sets. Whats going on. The Target in the same area just finished remodeling and they still haen't put anyting new out. When I go there, I see the same worker everytime and he told me the stuff in the back, but they can't bring it out. FN dumbest thing I have even heard. I ask why is Target in buisness? To make $ right. Then why hold toys in the back for a month or 2?

187-Maul
09-08-2002, 11:23 AM
I saw him at alomost every store that had SW toys in australia but I don't need him so I didn't buy him
he looks cool but I need the money for other things

Darth Sidious
09-08-2002, 11:28 AM
Hey, do you people mind if I quote some of you in a new thread I am planning on making in the Dear Hasbro section? If Hasbro really does check that section out they need to know what some of us have to say. :)

Turbowars
09-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Hey, do you people mind if I quote some of you in a new thread I am planning on making in the Dear Hasbro section? If Hasbro really does check that section out they need to know what some of us have to say. :) Go for it!!! Be sure to correct my spelling;)LOL

DeadEye
09-08-2002, 11:35 AM
You should quote me, for sure! :D
I've said in another thread that hasbro is shipping things in odd quantities and amounts. You might try fishing up that one too!

hango fett
09-08-2002, 11:40 AM
quote away! use every word i ever siad! hehe!
h

Darth Sidious
09-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by hango fett
quote away! use every word i ever siad! hehe!
h
Hmm...with 1738 posts that might be a bit hard, lol. :D Thanks everyone, I assume that the rest of you don't mind, either. Be sure to look for this thread soon.

karinations
09-08-2002, 09:14 PM
I saw 5 in Walmart her ein MAss,last night

DeadEye
09-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Really? Did you get any?

stad
09-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Go to Wal-Mart, they are in either within the last two days or in the next two days, chances are you will find them. The next batch has arrived, they are still sitting on the shelves in the two Wal-Mart's I've been to in my town.

DeadEye
09-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Maybe where you live.
I hit Wal-Mart once a week and have not found one new thing since July, the one exception being the 12" Zam and Super Battle Droid.

Val Da Car
09-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Today I travelling far and wide short and near and found the following:

Target (SE Wisconsin) (Yoda Dlx & C3P0 Dlx) Tears on the cardboard hooks....on all of them....good thing I open them

Target Milwaukee (3 Acklays hidden behind some ZIODS) I might need some rash cream if I get near them again.:sur:

Walmart (SE Wisconsin) Cantina Scenes 2 out of 3..... (also with tears on the shelf hooks) dumb scalpers

Let me know if you need some of them..:mad:

Thanks

VDC

CrunchyNug
09-09-2002, 05:16 PM
Don't give up hope just yet. I, too, found an Acklay today in a Los Angeles Target. I snatched it up for a good friends of mine who has had the same misfortunes of NOT finding these things either. Sadly, when I found him, he was sitting on a shelf next to a BUNCH of Reeks. :D

Bosskman
09-09-2002, 07:03 PM
Every Zellers around the cities of Saint John and Moncton NB (that's in Canada) has atleast 1 acklay, one nexu, and about 15 reeks. I haven't seen any acklays anywhere else. I go mine months ago off the internet. There are so many reeks at TRU in Saint john that they're using them to build an extra storeroom.

Turbowars
09-09-2002, 07:07 PM
[i]Originally posted by CrunchyNug

Sadly, when I found him, he was sitting on a shelf next to a BUNCH of Reeks. :D [/B]Ah, you found one that didn't cacoon? Very strange. It usally happens on the way from China.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-09-2002, 07:12 PM
When i lived in Columbus, i spotted those at the super wal-mart centers and they were generally gone within a day or two. I can't believe that thing is still hard to get!!! man, good ole' hasbleh!

rynobot
09-09-2002, 11:52 PM
I've seen 6 so far, but they only last a day on the shelves if they only out one case (3) out at a time.

TylerD
09-10-2002, 08:21 PM
I have seen the elusive acklay on four separate occasions...

Check your Navy Exchange stores if you can...I saw about 4 of them at my local one....It's wierd...they always get things that other stores don't...like that Jabba w/ Two Headed Announcer 2 pack......

KIDD
09-11-2002, 12:15 AM
i see them all the time they are not that spectacular. but yes i have 1

sunblind
09-11-2002, 11:17 AM
I still haven't seen this Acklay or whatever it's called. You might as well call it by it's real name, "MIA" missing in action.

Darth Sidious
09-14-2002, 11:07 AM
Yes! It didn't cocoon....It didn't cocoon! IT DIDN'T COCOON!!! I just found an Acklay yesterday. There were some Gunships too, but I didn't have the money. The Acklay's really cool! It's huge and mine stands on any surface. It only takes about 10 seconds to get it to stand. The guts are cool too. Definitely worth $15, I'd say it should be $20 or $25. But I'm glad it is so cheap. :)

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-14-2002, 11:35 AM
I finnially Saw it a couple days ago and now it's at hope with me

wookiepilot
09-14-2002, 12:01 PM
I have found Acklay a few times .. infact i have 1 for trade on the trading forum (its in the base trading forum .. not the saga one)

I have 1 other (my personal one) that i might be willing to trade .. if the offer is right.

Turbowars
09-14-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by CrunchyNug
Don't give up hope just yet. I, too, found an Acklay today in a Los Angeles Target. I snatched it up for a good friends of mine who has had the same misfortunes of NOT finding these things either. Sadly, when I found him, he was sitting on a shelf next to a BUNCH of Reeks. :D Yeah and I would of had him by now if my good friend would of shown up this morning. :cry: :dead: :mad: :frus:

SithDroid
09-15-2002, 01:28 AM
I haven't found the acklay yet, mainly because the city I live in usually gets stuff way later than the rest of the country.

Lyet
09-15-2002, 11:07 PM
The Acklay is a pegwarmer (or shelfwarmer to be more exact) around here. It doesn't sell at all.

Turbowars
09-22-2002, 04:13 PM
I got my Acklay today from good old CrunchyNug! Thanks dude, I opened him up and he running around after my dogs.

TylerD
09-23-2002, 02:39 AM
I went to Wal-Mart today and scored a gunship, and there were two Acklays on the shelf...

Prince Xizor
09-23-2002, 12:06 PM
I found it once at Target awhile ago and picked it up then. I then found it at a Walmart in Eastern MA, not too long ago. There was about 3 there, but Im pretty sure they are sold out by now.

CrunchyNug
09-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
I got my Acklay today from good old CrunchyNug! Thanks dude, I opened him up and he running around after my dogs.

Are you having a good time with your toys? They're so much more fun to play with than the actual boxes themselves, don't you think. Turbo, you're should be the poster child for all those collecters who have turned to the good side by FINALLY OPENING THEIR TOYS!!! Have fun buddy.

:D

Darth Sidious
09-23-2002, 07:15 PM
Yes! Opening rules! I open everything I have, except for my Orange Card Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise that I got for $5.00. I'll probably get the Gunship soon and I can't wait to open that thing up when I get it. The box is pretty small, it isn't that impressive. But the ship, on the other hand, looks like the greatest thing Hasbro has ever made. Everyone, open your stuff! You'll probably have a much better time with it if you do. :)