PDA

View Full Version : I think that E2 OBi-Wan is a Deluxe Figure or Trophy Asst.

Tycho
10-24-2001, 02:01 AM
I think Obi-Wan C.C. might be a Deluxe Asst. figure:

the large accessory can't be accounted for with other characters.

[I've read the spoilers]

Padme, or JarJar without that large of an accessory would not need that big of a blister.

This Obi-Wan is not as articulated as we saw the first E1 version of him. I think that this is rather Resculpt #1 we're seeing here.

The other option is that they are going by way of scene-specific trophy asst. figures, and another Obi-Wan would come with a MicroMachines Jedi Starfighter packed in with him, and Padme would have her Royal Starship, etc. But what would R2D2 have? (ANH escape pod?) I doubt they are going this route. More plastic when they know we'd rather have action figure stands.

So again, I think Obi-Wan is the exception rather than the rule, or he is a Deluxe Figure, and the package will be slightly different for the regular assortment figures.

GNT
10-24-2001, 03:34 AM
This obi Wan figure is from wave 1 and not an Deluxe Asst. figure,Since the blisters are big if a figure doesn't come with any weapons ETC, the figure will probably just be placed in the middle of the blister pack

R2-D2 could come with the tools he uses in EP2
C-3po could come with the weapon he fires etc...

Tycho
10-24-2001, 02:55 PM
Maybe you're right GNT, but also consider how they'll fit the figures in the plain brown cardboard cases they all ship in.

With the blisters being at the center of the cards, I'm not sure how well they'll fit (or if we'll get them mint out of the case).

Mandalorian Candidat
10-24-2001, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty much convinced that this is a basic figure. The reason why? The 411 from Starwars.hasbro.com. Why would they announce the new line using a deluxe figure as an example instead of a regular figure? They all know that the basic carded figures are the ones most people are after and the ones that are sold the most. Hasbro's probably trying to get the packaging of this line to match up with their other lines, which I believe all have full-card bubbles.

Regardless of what type of figure it is, the packaging just plain blows. Period.:mad:

Lobito
10-24-2001, 08:21 PM
Well...lets hope they have screwed up...(which is likely)...and this card is indeed a deluxe...:confused: :rolleyes: :mad: ...it better be!!

evenflow
10-25-2001, 09:13 AM
I am saying that it is a regular assortment card. As for the cases, they will probably just make bigger boxes for the larger cards.

Jargo
10-25-2001, 02:40 PM
There's a little voice in my head telling me that I should'nt take this to be the final package for the regular figures until I see a load up for auction on Evilbay. I'm trying to tell the voice to go away but it's very insistent. Maybe it's right....? We still haven't seen the back of the card though........ :confused:

evenflow
10-25-2001, 06:14 PM
This is true. It may not be the final product, but it probably is. I would like to see the back of the card though.

Wooooof
10-25-2001, 07:35 PM
Since the character name, even the movie they showed up in is on a sticker, I can only guess (hope) that the backs of the cards will be a character list similar to the vintage line. Please, Hasbro don't screw this one up!

SirSteve
10-25-2001, 10:55 PM
It's possible but I have a product list and this is listed as a standard action figure. I guess time will tell...