PDA

View Full Version : Is the new TRU 12" Tauntaun and Speeder worth it? I say yes.

Turbowars
09-06-2002, 06:57 PM
I picked up the new 12" Luke and Tauntaun and I must say I love it. Luke has scatches on his face, the box seems bigger than the 1st release with Han and the Tauntaun is bad @ss as it has always been. The down fall is it costs $59.99. Thats $10 more than the 1st release. I also grabbed a Speeder with Luke and I don't know why everyone hates it so much. The speeder looks 100% better than the Kenners 1995-96 release and the figure is not as bad as everyone says. The total came to about $87 bucks! I guess I wont be doing any hunting this weekend. :crazed:

tagmac
09-06-2002, 08:24 PM
I just got both, and they are definitely worth it. The Luke/Tauntaun is just as excellent quality as the Han/Tauntaun was, and the Landspeeder is a huge improvement.

QLD
09-06-2002, 08:41 PM
$59.99 isn't a bad price at all for that. If I run into one, I may pick it up. But I rarely ever go for 12" figures, unless they are awesome, Lando, or on clearance.

dr_evazan22
09-06-2002, 09:41 PM
Definitely worth it !

I picked up the Taun Taun today. My han TT had a bad right hip(2 different copies!) and wouldn't stand up. Luke's TT has a good hip, and stands up w/ or w/out Luke riding. The paint looked great. Another side benefit is that you can use the background in a diorama if you wish.

As for the speeder, I've never been a speeder lover. My memory of the 2 earlier versions aren't that great, but the paint and coloring seems more accurate this time around. I like that Luke's rifle can hang on the hood.

TylerD
09-07-2002, 08:04 PM
I haven't run into these yet. When I do, I will probably get them, since I missed the first 12 inch Taun Taun...

Sinister Lord
09-08-2002, 11:23 AM
I will pass on these... I already have a POTF2 landspeeder and many versions of Tatooine Luke. I also already have a POTF2 12" Luke in Hoth Gear... and a 3 and 3/4 scale Luke in Hoth gear with Tauntaun. So, I've got most of the bases covered at this point, and since I don't have room for a 12" Tauntaun anyway, it would be a mistake for me to buy that. So, needless to say, I will be saving my 80 bucks for other toys instead. :)

187-Maul
09-08-2002, 11:27 AM
if I can find the speeder with luke for a good price (which is hardly impossible here in europe) I'll probably buy it since I don't have the speeder yet (and the new one looks great) and I only have one tatooine luke (gunner station) who I'll be changing into a barris keeg (I think that's the name of ellorrs madak friend) with my second duros I recently bought