PDA

View Full Version : Classic trilogy on VHS again, and it ISN'T the Special Edition

Pendo
09-07-2002, 02:23 PM
I was browsing through Blackstar.co.uk and they have the Star Wars Trilogy boxset for a release date of 11th November on VHS. Check it out here (http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7100000020330). What is also interesting is the (1990) date on it, which means it will NOT be the Special Edition (even though the box they give says Special Edition on it). I haven't heared of a re-release on VHS, anyone have any info?

PENDO!

jjreason
09-23-2002, 05:15 PM
That would be good news for all fans hoping to acquire the originals, Pendo. In Canada I remember buying the movies on VHS when they last came out (the versions with Yoda, a Stormtrooper and I think Vader each on one of the cases) and they advertised then as "The original. One last time."

I wonder what this release really will be?

Sith Lord 0498
09-23-2002, 05:28 PM
Whatever it is, it's no longer there. I just tried Pendo's link, and I got an error screen. All it say is something like "no video currently scheduled for UK release"

Master Goeweins
09-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Hmph.... I would love to get my hands on another set of originals. I have letterboxed copies, but I won't watch them in fear of a VCR munching on them. I can't dupe them because they are protected and all I get is wavy lines. I wonder if a DVD burner can get through that or not?

mini-rock
09-23-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Master Goeweins
I can't dupe them because they are protected and all I get is wavy lines. I wonder if a DVD burner can get through that or not?

As far as I know, no, but I would suggest getting the laserdiscs anyway. I've seen them on eBay sometimes for 5-10 bucks. :)

Pendo
09-24-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Sith Lord 0498
Whatever it is, it's no longer there. I just tried Pendo's link, and I got an error screen. All it say is something like "no video currently scheduled for UK release"

DAMN :(. It must have been some sort of error on blackstar that they have fixed now :(. Would have been nice to get a chance to get the originals again :). I don't watch my tapes of the originals any more of fear of them being destroyed :(.

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-27-2002, 06:04 PM
Aiee, the originals pale in comparison to the SEs. If you don't like the Greedo firing first part, shut your eyes and push mute for a second. :p