PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Channel Cancels Farscape!!!

Beast
09-07-2002, 04:18 PM
I just saw this over at Home Theater Forum, and it has been confirmed by Ben Browder and David Kemper. :mad: :( Apperantly when Sci-Fi channel picked up seasons 4 and 5, they had a backdoor put into the contract so that they had an out.

Well, they excercised it and unless fans can save the show like they did MST3K, the 4th season will play out and then we'll never see another episode. Here's a copy of the story that someone reposed on HTF.com, and a link to the website with the chat transcript with Ben and David. :cry: :(

LATE UPDATE - 9/6/02 - 10:30 PM PDT)

Yes... you read that right. The frell-nicks in programming at the Sci-Fi Network have opted out of their just-signed contract for seasons five and six of Farscape at the 11th hour, meaning that after the rest of season four airs in January, the best science fiction show on television is effectively cancelled. The news was announced this evening in a live chat at Sci-Fi.com with series executive producer David Kemper and star Ben Browder. As Jon Stewart might say, "Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaa?"

Now... here at The Bits, we're not normally of the sort to raise a stink about a TV show being cancelled. That's just life, right? And it doesn't really have much to do with DVD (other than the fact that we're all really enjoying the first and second seasons on DVD from ADV, thank you very much). But this one does stick in our collective craw. Now... we recognize that some of you may not care. But if (like us) you do, the show's producers have asked for help in convincing Sci-Fi of the error of their ways. Contact Sci-Fi and politely let them know how you feel.

Sci-Fi's programming department email: program@www.scifi.com

Comment line: 212-413-5577
General Line: 212-413-5000
Address: The Sci-Fi Channel
1230 Avenue of the Americas, F115
New York, NY 10020-1513

And for more information on what you can do, visit this website.
http://farscape.wdsection.com/

http://farscape.wdsection.com/dkchattrans.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
09-07-2002, 05:31 PM
This is the only show worth watching on television. Please everyone email as many messages as you can for as many email addresses that you have to program@www.scifi.com in order to save the show.

Beast
09-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Call also, if you can. And do both now, because the Sci-Fi channel has already scheduled Moya's sets for demolition next week. Be vocal but don't swear, remember that swearing never gets you anywhere, and they probably won't listen or appreciate your message. :(

Oh, there is also the official petition. It was just launced the other day and already has over 1,000 signatures. So please feel free to sign it. Atleast unlike figure petitions, we may be able to make a difference. :)

http://www.petitiononline.com/scaper1/petition.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
09-07-2002, 06:15 PM
too bad i don't get the sci-fi channel in my bedroom or i'd watch it. i should ask for it...
h

Beast
09-07-2002, 06:21 PM
There is another petition out there now, with over 5,000+ names. Sign it as well. And don't forget to call and E-mail. The Sci-Fi channel announced this at the last minute so that they could try to cancel the series before people could get support together to save it. Hell, they didn't even tell the actors until they were filming the very final episode of the 4th Season. :(

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/SAVE_FARSCAPE/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
09-07-2002, 06:26 PM
This is an unfortunate turn of events.

My wife and I both signed the petitionS.:cry:

DeadEye
09-07-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
This is the only show worth watching on television.

There's also The Simpsons, Stargate SG-1, Enterprise, and Malcolm in the Middle!!! :D

InsaneJediGirl
09-07-2002, 07:15 PM
Just when I was getting into Farscape this happens.:(:(:cry:What is wrong with the Sci-Fi Channel?First MST3K,now this:(

Signed both petitions.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Beast
09-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
There's also The Simpsons, Stargate SG-1, Enterprise, and Malcolm in the Middle!!! :D
Like he said, the only show worth watching on Television. Please don't come into a thread unless you have somthing to say on the topic. You know we mentioned that the last time you popped into the other Farscape thread. By the way, Sci-Fi Channel has supposedly cancelled Stargate SG-1 also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
09-07-2002, 07:24 PM
I've been thinking about getting into FarScape thanks to JJ's ramblings about it so I just wanted to show my support for it with an avatar I made. :D

DeadEye
09-07-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Like he said, the only show worth watching on Television. Please don't come into a thread unless you have somthing to say on the topic. You know we mentioned that the last time you popped into the other Farscape thread. By the way, Sci-Fi Channel has supposedly cancelled Stargate SG-1 also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Just so everyone knows, the only time I ever made a "useless post" in a thread was in that other Farscape thread, and I've long since apologized for it.
Anyway, I am contributing to this thread by dissolving Ghost of Jonna's disinformation. All of the shows I mentioned are quite good, and to tell the truth, I have not been able to stomach more than thirty minutes of a Farscape episode. It's like DS9 and Sea Quest and Earth II...I just can't bear to watch it.

jobi
09-07-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye

Just so everyone knows, the only time I ever made a "useless post" in a thread was in that other Farscape thread, and I've long since apologized for it.
Anyway, I am contributing to this thread by dissolving Ghost of Jonna's disinformation. All of the shows I mentioned are quite good, and to tell the truth, I have not been able to stomach more than thirty minutes of a Farscape episode. It's like DS9 and Sea Quest and Earth II...I just can't bear to watch it.

Dude!!! This kind of stuff is why people give you a hard time. If you don't want to support this thread then don't. The Ghost of Jonna gave an opinion relating to this thread you didn't. You are not contributing to this thread at all.

SAVE FARSCAPE!!! Everyone sign the petition and call those folks. I've watched it a few times and it's a good show but there are a lot of fans out there, so even if you're not a fan show some support and help out the fans.

Patient Zero
09-08-2002, 01:09 PM
Please ignore morons (whomever they might be)!

What I say is my opinion, just as what you say is your opinion. Opinions are formed from particular perceptions and nothing based on one's perception is fact. I state my opinions because without them I would have nothing more to talk about with someone else then one preprogrammed machine talking to another. Just as you state your opinions. It is nothing more and nothing less. If you do not like this explanation, then make up your own. I could not care less. I have grown to the point in my life where I do not feel the need convert others in order to validate my own ideas. I know what I percieve as fact and what is fact. I don't confuse the two.

As per 'other' tv shows that were mentioned by 'other' forum members, most of them were quite good in their prime, but in my opinion they are no longer in there prime and have become drab and monotonous. Farscape, in my opinion, has only gotten better with age and the season finale was, in my opinion, the best single episode of any television series that I have seen in quite a few years. And in saying that know that I am almost never impressed with anything. Cranky old man syndrome.

If you do not like my opinion then disregard it as drivel 2 seconds after you read it. I don't care! Go spend your time doing something you like. If you do like my drivel, then perhaps we have more interests in common to talk about. That is how friendships are made as well as relationships with people that you would not at all mind to have never interacted with in the first place.

This is my opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

PLEASE SAVE FARSCAPE!!!
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT, WATCH IT! IT IS WORTH AN HOUR OF YOUR TIME IN ORDER TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION!

SithDroid
09-08-2002, 07:51 PM
I signed the petition. Although I rarely watch the show anymore due to my busy schedule I watched it from the beginning through 1/2 way through the 3rd season. I really like the show and hope it survives. The problem is that the stupid peoplel that they give the Nielsen boxes to don't watch it, but plenty of other people do.

plasticfetish
09-09-2002, 02:22 AM
This is a bit of a shame ...
I don't watch the show very often, but it is something good to watch if you just happen to be sitting down to look at the TV.

<sarcasm> Oh well ... perhaps this will give them more room to start playing 10 hours of SLIDERS a day like they used to. </sarcasm.>

Heaven forbid they should actually play science fiction on that channel.

Eternal Padawan
09-09-2002, 09:18 AM
Ahem. Getting back on topic...here's the text of my e-mail to the chaps at Sci-Fi:

There's not a great wealth of original programming on television these days. It seems a shame you are in such a rush to get rid of what's left of it. I stopped watching your network when you cancelled MST3K. Now I can see you will lose another batch of devoted viewers over this one. If your plan was to alienate as many fans as possible, as some sort of message to your advertisers, congratulations. Your efforts are succeeding swimmingly. You may as well close up shop right now.

I also signed the petition. :)

ROLLO!

bigbarada
09-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Well, as I have said before, I never watched this show with any regularity (don't get the sci-fi channel or have to time to watch any TV show regularly); but my brother and sister-in-law are huge fans of the show.

So out of respect to them, and my friends here who love the show, I went ahead and signed both petitions.:)

stormie
09-09-2002, 03:10 PM
See, I really don't understand this. This show was (I thought) doing fabulously. Why cancel something that is essentially the show everyone tunes to your network to watch? When people say Sci-Fi Channel, they think Farscape...at least I do.

Someone else mentioned the possible cancellation of SG-1 as well. This is ludicrous. Why should any television viewer develop any type of affinity for a show at all if the "powers that be" just cancel them at their whim? I could see maybe upgrading to better programming, but what could replace these two shows? I'll just never understand the world of television. Thank goodness for books!

Patient Zero
09-09-2002, 03:34 PM
I don't understand Scifi's logic myself. And I never understood having the only rerun of the show two hours later on the same day. If you can't get to watch it Friday night then you probably also can not watch it Friday night. Some people!

Dar' Argol
09-09-2002, 05:19 PM
I too signed both petitions. I am also going to send an E-Mail to Sci-Fi. Why would they do something like this???? Expecially with the fan base it has?? That's like Lucas saying there will be no Episode 3, just because he doesn't want to do it now, irrational!!!

Beast
09-09-2002, 05:58 PM
Thank you people for your support. I am disgusted that the Sci-Fi channel tried to slip the cancellation past the fan base. Telling the actors on the last day of filming the final Episode for Season 4. That way giving them no chance to wrap the series up, with a final episode.

Plus allowing them to try to cancel the series and strike the sets before the fan base knew and could start a protest to save the show. Thank the gods for Ben Browder and the others that let everyone know, so that we have a chance. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-09-2002, 09:29 PM
Well, The Sci-Fi channel finally chimed in on their webpage about the cancellation. No big suprise, as they had to say somthing since so many people are flooding their offices with E-Mails, Phone Calls, Faxs, and even Telegrams. :eek: Here's what they have to say, it's not even a satisfying answer. It just confirms the fact that though it was one of their most popular shows, they just decided to screw the cast and the fans over, because of the price tag. :mad: :(

Farscape To End - 9:00am ET, 9-September-02

The SCI FI Channel confirmed that it will not pick up its original series Farscape for a fifth season. "There are no bigger fans of Farscape than we here at SCI FI Channel," the network said in a statement. "It was one of SCI FI's first original series and quickly became a critical and fan favorite. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to reach a broader audience, Farscape has been unable to grow beyond its core fan base. That, coupled with the extreme and growing cost of production, has led to the difficult decision to end the series at the conclusion of season four."

The remaining new episodes of Farscape's fourth season will return in January 2003. ADV Films will release "Into the Lion's Den (Part 1)" on DVD and VHS as part of the upcoming Farscape: Season 3 home video release, scheduled for 2003. Previous seasons of Farscape episodes are currently available on DVD and VHS from ADV Films; the newest release, Farscape: Season 2 Volume 2.2, was released last month.

Farscape was created by Rockne S. O'Bannon and produced by The Jim Henson Company, in association with Hallmark Entertainment. The series featured Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe, Gigi Edgley, Wayne Pygram and Raelee Hill. David Kemper, Juliet Blake, Robert Halmi Jr., Brian Henson and Richard Manning executive produced the show. O'Bannon served as executive consultant.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-09-2002, 11:12 PM
First off, please halt all flame war crap and bickering and whatnot. If you have nothing to add to this thread's primary discussion, just move along.

Secondly...

This is not entirely unexpected, it was foretold about a year ago when SFC cancelled First Wave, Invisible Man, Chronicle, and a few others. The story was that USA Networks, who owns SFC, had decided a network dedicated to science fiction wasn't lucrative enough, so they wanted to convert it to an action & horror channel. But SFC claimed this wasn't true and backed that up by renewing Farscape for 3 more years, producing the Babylon 5 spinoff made-for-cable movie "Legend of the Rangers" with an option for a series, and later picking up Stargate SG1. SFC viewers cooled out and forgot this rumor ever existed and SFC was apparently able to go ahead with their plans without fan interference.

I am afraid that the series will pull a Star Trek where the fans show their loyalty, the network plays a few more eps, and then blocks the show's entry into another channel or syndication.

What a great loss, SFC has won the day. Thank you corporate dren-heads who would allow this to happen. :frus:

Beast
09-09-2002, 11:33 PM
It's pretty stupid, when the damn name of the channel is "The Sci-Fi Channel". So once they suceed in destroying one of the best Sci-Fi shows on TV, what are they going to do rename it to "The same crap as every other channel". It's just stupid. As much as the cast loves the show, and loves the fans, I'm sure they would take a pay cut to atleast do one final season to wrap the show up. :mad: :(

They are already trying to block the show's entry to another channel. First of all they own the rights to the first four seasons, and likely wouldn't sell them to another network. So any channel that actually wanted to take the show, wouldn't have access to the first 4 seasons. And then, as soon as they finish wrapping the final 4th season episode, they issue notice that the sets are being torn down in one week. Effectivly trying to prevent any fan protests from saving the show.

It's clear that they tried to slip it under the nose of not only the actors by not telling them before, but the fans. Thank the gods that the people that work on the show love the fans. Or we wouldn't have even known about it until long after the chainsaws had dropped silent from the destruction of Moya. Sc-Fi Channel officially sucks, and if they get away with this I doubt very much if I will be supporting the channel by watching it. :cry: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-09-2002, 11:51 PM
I think JT is right in his guess that this show will probably gain a Star Trek-like fanbase because of this fiasco. Small consolation for those who love the show, however.

Did they really cancel Stargate SG-1?

Patient Zero
09-09-2002, 11:58 PM
I am actually really sad about this. I do not watch much tv and it (Farscape) was the only real reason that I paid to receive up to channel 24 (Scifi in NW NJ). It was, in my opinion, the only show worth staying home to watch. GOD, I hate what 'passes' as good programing in the US!

Beast
09-10-2002, 12:01 AM
I was just reading some posts at HomeTheaterForum.com. It seems that they actually picked up SG-1 for another year, even though the actors and executives wanted more money for to do the show.

From a couple comments over there, it seems that the money had to come from somewhere. And since SG-1 normally pulls in just a slightly better rating then Farscape, I think it's obvious where they decided to get the funding from. :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
09-10-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I think JT is right in his guess that this show will probably gain a Star Trek-like fanbase because of this fiasco. Small consolation for those who love the show, however.

Did they really cancel Stargate SG-1?

I hope they didn't cancel SG-1. Thats one of my favorite Sci-fi shows.

Speaking of Stargate, there is a new animated series that will be on Fox Kids the Fox Box. I believe it airs this Saturday, but I have to check to make certain. There is also a new Ninja Turtles cartoon that will appear on the Fox Box this Winter for those that are interested.

Lord Malakite
09-10-2002, 12:13 AM
Heres the link to Stargate Infinity (http://www.foxbox.tv/stargate_p.html). It comes on at eight in the morning this Saturday.

Eternal Padawan
09-10-2002, 01:23 AM
Text from form e-mail recieved by the Sci Fi knuckleheads:

Thanks for your e-mail to the Sci Fi Programming Department. We
greatly appreciate all viewer input on the shows and movies we air.
Regrettably, the high volume of correspondence we now receive prevents
us from providing individual responses to each e-mail.

For programming information and other frequently asked questions, please
see our quarterly grid:

http://www.scifi.com/feed.html (US)
http://www.scifi.com/sfeurope/sfecable.html (Europa)

our online ScheduleBot database:

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/

or our Sci Fi (US) Feedback FAQ:

http://www.scifi.com/feedback/FAQ1.html

If your question or comment was in reference to an online problem and not
related to any on-air issues, please e-mail:

bboard@www.scifi.com for problems relating to SCIFI.COM BBoard
members@www.scifi.com for problems relating to SCIFI.COM registration
or
tech@www.scifi.com for other technical problems

Thanks again for your feedback. Your comments are a valuable resource as
we plan the future of our network.

Beast
09-10-2002, 01:37 AM
Wow EP, that's about as informative as the form letter I got back when I informed Hasbro about the wrong Endor Rebel Soldier pictured in the Biker Scout w/ Removable Helmet that was on the Fan Choice figure poll. I know they are getting alot of Email on this issue, but they could atleast have a form letter regarding what you wrote. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
09-11-2002, 11:17 PM
I received an E-Mail from Virgina Hey (aka Pau Zotoh Zhaan) since I am a member of her website. Nice to see that dismantaling the sets was scheduled to start on Sept. 11, so it would be even harder for fans to try to stop this from happening. :mad: :( :

Darling friends,

Farscape needs your help urgently and desperately!

Farscape has been cancelled by the Sci-Fi Channel, NO MORE SEASONS, and David
Kemper has asked us ALL to help, we need you to storm USA Networks with calls
and letters. (NOT emails, they don't work under these circumstances.)

We have only till next Wednesday Sept 11th before the sets will start to be
destroyed.. My beloved Pilot has already been dissmantled and put in a
box!!!!!!! They are about to film the last week of the last ep of season 4
next week, so PLEASE hurry!!!!!

Send urgent letters requesting a season 5 to:

USA USA NETWORKS
SCIFI CHANNEL AUDIENCE SERVICES
1230 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS, F115
NEW YORK, NY 10020-1513

The Scifi Channel: Rockefeller Center
PO BOX 331 - NY, NY 10185

AND CALL
212-413-5000
OR 212-413-5821
OR 212-413-5577
EMAIL programming@scifi.com413-5821
EMAIL programming@scifi.com

I pray that our plea is heard. Write as many times as you can, get everyone
you know to call and write..

Your friend, sad and confused,

Luv ya

Ginny XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PS: Im still having site problems, sorry none of you received the Sept
newsletter supposedly sent out 3 weeks ago. A copy of it is onsite under
"Newsletters". Please ask everyone you know to re register as I have lost
addys.. One day soon I will have a secure site...

** Meditation 7pm PACIFIC time every Monday, not Central time as I listed!
Woops.. My mistake..

PLEASE HELP GET FARSCAPE BACK FOR A 5TH SEASON!!!!!!!!!!

Pop over to a marvellous "Save Farscape" site: http://farscape.wdsection.com

Virginia Hey
www.virginiahey.com
Heywire Ideas
"See the beauty and hold it in your eyes no matter what!"

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
09-14-2002, 12:11 PM
Man,

This sucks. I have never gotten into the show much, but I wanted to. I was planning on watching the DVD's soon. I saw the first 3 DVD's. I hope something will save it.

Beast
09-18-2002, 10:15 PM
A friend of mine sent me the following link. I think from the ammount of support the show is recieveing, there is a very good chance we may get a 5th season. I hope that Sci-Fi channel is considering that this was one of the most popular Sci-Fi series on TV ever, having won numerous awards. Here is a copy of the story, and a link to it is at the bottom. :)

Web support for 'Farscape' out of this world
September 18, 2002 Posted: 11:13 AM EDT (1513 GMT)

By Renay San Miguel (CNN Headline News)

(CNN) -- All I wanted to do was find out if the Internet can help save a canceled TV show. Who knew that fans of the science fiction series "Farscape" would use the Web to educate me and Headline News about just how powerful technology can be in spreading an idea.

The results have been ... well, out of this world.

I had noticed a couple of e-mails to Headline News from viewers complaining that the Sci-Fi Channel had unexpectedly canceled a previously announced fifth season of "Farscape," a show about a lost astronaut, John Crichton (played by Ben Browder), and his adventures in a parallel universe. The e-mails mentioned a couple of "Save Farscape" Web sites.

I remembered hearing how an Internet-based campaign had given fans of the ABC show "Once and Again" one more season before ultimate cancellation. So I called TV Guide's senior TV critic Matt Roush to ask if the Internet can make a difference.

"I'm not sure how successful it can be but I would never discourage anybody from trying," Roush said. "My feeling is the Internet makes [the fans] feel more connected. It's a chance for them to bond together in a way they never had before."

Roush said the Internet is part of the evolution of fan letter-writing and phone campaigns dating back to the 1960s and "Star Trek." He also mentioned that fans of science fiction series would naturally be more technologically inclined and Internet-friendly.

We aired the story on Headline News' "Hotwired" at 8:45 p.m. ET on September 11. The e-mails started coming in faster than Crichton's space shuttle can zip through a wormhole.

By the time I came to work the next day, more than 1,200 e-mails had been sent to Headline News from "Farscape" fans all over the world.

Nina Lumpp, the webmistress of the main "Save Farscape" Web site at farscape.wdsection.com, has experience using the Web to resurrect a TV show. She started a message board focusing on the USA Network's spy drama, "La Femme Nikita." Ms. Lumpp credits fans and the Web for bringing that cancelled show back for eight more episodes.

For Lumpp, the Internet means immediate connection with and better organization for the show's fans. "I love that, it's my favorite aspect of the Internet. I talk to people from Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Denmark, Canada, Spain, Bulgaria, Israel ... all over the world. I'm getting hundreds of e-mails a day now."

I called the Sci-Fi Channel to get a reaction to all this, and a spokeswoman said the network wasn't talking. But the fans are.

And one in particular summed up the reason why "Hotwired" did the story in the first place. It's in an e-mail from Lotta Danielsson-Murphy of Arlington, Virginia. "I believe that this campaign will dwarf the famous 'Star Trek' letter-writing campaign of the 1960s and will showcase -- like nothing before it -- the way the Internet has changed how people interact and form communities."

For me, the best part of this is seeing the instant reaction via e-mail to a "Hotwired" story. As of this writing, however, the jury was still out on whether the Internet could help bring John Crichton back home to Earth.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/09/17/hln.wired.farscape/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jeddah
09-19-2002, 01:17 PM
...I've avoided this thread as we were behind the US on FS and it is my all time favourite Sci-Fi TV show, adn I thought it may relate to soome kind of plot spoilers.

Reading it now, I wish I would've hauled my a s s in here sooner so I could've written sooner to the big cheeses.

I have nothing new to add on top of the anguished sentiment that we are all feeling. I have signed both petitions.

Something deceptive is afoot when the most pioneering and original sci-fi franchise is cancelled. It shows that Sci-Fi Channel hold us all in contempt.

What are the chances of the series being picked up by a 3rd party?

jeddah

Beast
09-19-2002, 01:27 PM
There is always a chance, Jeddah. The problem though, is that Sci-Fi Channel would retain ownership of the first 4 seasons. So the channel that picked up the series, would not have access to earlier episodes to broadcast. Which means that they have to venture alot of capital, and hope that the series can stand on it's own. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-19-2002, 03:05 PM
The Sci Fi Channel doesn't even exist anymore really, all the management that supported and nurtured the channel's quality programming were rooted out a while back by the channel's owners USA Networks and replaced with people who apparently are there to kill the channel so USA can replace it with an action channel or action/horror channel.

Patient Zero
01-09-2003, 11:08 AM
So does anyone know what is going on with the show. I read that there is talk of a new Farscape film, an anime project and possible syndication, but has anything been said lately or any rumors confirmed?

Don't forget to watch the new episode Friday the 10th of Jan.

Beast
01-09-2003, 12:06 PM
T.G.o.J, I was just reading a report that the Sci-Fi Channel execs are watching the viewer numbers for the last 10 episodes very carefully. If they get high viewer ratings for them, there is a chance they will finance the 5th Season. So everyone that wants to try to save the show, watch it. :)

Ben Browder and the producers of the show are looking into a feature film that will wrap everything up. ADV films that puts the series out on DVD, are looking into an animated series. So everything is pretty much rumors, and possible chances for the show to have some sort of future. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks