PDA

View Full Version : AT-TE, Solar Sailer, Naboo N-1 up for auction on Ebay (boxed) !!!

sicqnus
09-08-2002, 10:15 AM
First boxed image of the upcomming Count Dook's Sailer, AT-TE and damaged N-1 starfighter !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1765917396

Arrrrgh !!! I cannot wait !!!!

SID
09-08-2002, 04:55 PM
It figure's hasbro the goofiest toy company in the world send's a long awaited product to Japan first instead of the U.S. :rolleyes:

britcit3
09-23-2002, 03:41 PM
Eh up

Just read this on HAsbroJediUK......

http://www.hasbrojedi.co.uk/php/content.php?ContentID=61

It says that we can expect to see new AF in 2003.

As all of the SAGA vehicles that we have seen so far including the Snowspeeder & AT-AT are due for release in 2002, do you think that this means newbees for 2003??

BC3

JediTricks
09-23-2002, 04:15 PM
Snowspeeder and AT-AT should be on the "1st quarter 2003" list even if they come out in Nov or Dec this year.

good shot jansen
10-03-2002, 09:19 AM
it's $32.00 for all three (http://www.dnstoys.com/) plus the shipping costs which is about 8 dollars and change.

i'm gonna hold off from buying from them, cause i'd much rather find these guys at retail

britcit3
10-03-2002, 12:13 PM
Hey GSJ

Thanks for that - I've just ordered them.

Even with $20.35 shipping, making $52.34 or 33.33 UK, this still makes them loads cheaper than the 14.99 price that I have seen them for on pre-order (44.97 UK total or $70.62 !!!).

Once again, thanks for saving me 's!!

BC3

SWAFMAN
10-03-2002, 07:58 PM
GSJ, I'm still watching for these at wal mart for you and I and JG, but consider this... $40 delivered is the same as buying all three at KayBee for their retail ($12.99 ea. + tax).

good shot jansen
10-04-2002, 08:12 AM
the only reason why i want to get these things at retail, cause somewhere in my twisted illogical thinking, i believe that if the till is rung up at a retail establishment, it will fare better for the continuation of the mm line.

as far as hasbro's concerned, the af's that are being offered for sale at online joints, have already been counted towards the lines success. we're just re-buying what has already been bought and counted.

i just think it means more to the bean counters in rhode island if the product flys off the shelves on the street.

i did manage to find the 1st wave (finally) at a kaybee, then later at a targets, so apparently the stuff is in fact availabe in south florida. i will keep all here posted if and wehn i see wave 2

LTBasker
10-04-2002, 02:13 PM
The AT-TE I think I'd extra for since it's a good new one, the Solar, Naboo Fighter, and first wave I'll wait to find for cheaper on ebay to get since I'm dissapointed in them but would still like to get them.

Edit: Can Ric Olie from the AF Royal Starship or one of the Alpha series Naboo Pilots from the Alpha Royal Starship or Alpha Naboo Fighter fit in the regular AF Naboo Fighter mold? I was thinking about hunting around for those figures so that if I get a loose version of the new AF Naboo Fighter I'll have a figure for it. (The extra Rebel pilot figure from Pack #18 would be perfect for the new AF X-wing.)

JediTricks
10-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Basker, it's a very tight fit especially at the shoulders and arms where you actually have to squeeze them together to get him all the way in. And don't expect the cockpit to open or close normally with this fig, his arms and shoulders cover the cockpit track - I had to remove the canopy and snap it into place. The fig looks good once he's crammed in there and the canopy is in the closed position, but this was the set I gave JKF the most grief over for good reason.

SWAFMAN
10-05-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
as far as hasbro's concerned, the af's that are being offered for sale at online joints, have already been counted towards the lines success. we're just re-buying what has already been bought and counted.

That's an excellent observation, GSJ, and one that could only have come from someone with genuine concern for the line.

Point taken.

britcit3
10-08-2002, 09:07 AM
D&S Toys are FANTASTIC.

I placed my order on Thursday, and my 3 new AF's are now sitting on my desk in North Lancashire UK on Tuesday !!

They arrived in MINT condition, before their Uk release and cheaper than I could buy them for in the UK (even with postage).

Dave is a very nice chap - I phoned him to place my order and he was even able to understand my broad Northern English accent!

All in all, 10 out of 10 - will certainly be ordering waves 3 and 4 from them.

BC3

britcit3
10-08-2002, 10:23 AM
My day just keeps getting better.......

My NX-01 just arrived too !!

Cheers

BC3

jeddah
10-08-2002, 01:52 PM
guh!

:) Congrats BC3.

openthemopenthemopenthemopenthemopenthemopenthemop enthem ;)

jeddah

shinakuma43
10-08-2002, 02:33 PM
I'm actually surprised, my case arrived today from actionfiguresexpress.com. I preordered a case of wave 1 and 2 a long time ago and I didn't get the first case until after they were out for well over a month so i figured I still had quite a while before I'd get these. The At-Te is easily my favorite of the three. I haven't had a chance yet to thouroughly check them out since they just got here and I'm about to head out so I won't be able to open them and look closely at them until at least very late tonight or tomorrow.

Later,
S43

JediTricks
10-08-2002, 06:00 PM
Major congratulations BC3! What a haul, I'm envious. :D

LTBasker
10-09-2002, 12:05 AM
Nice load there, BC3. How's the NX-01?

I suggest for display, putting the AT-TE on the hull with a foot over the bridge. :evil: :D

britcit3
10-09-2002, 02:23 AM
Eh up

Love the NX-01 - but I ain't opening it !!

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
10-09-2002, 05:39 AM
Our friend BritCit3 is a lucky man.

I'm too. I've opened mine and I had to paint a few minor details. The saucer side ports have been painted in gold.

I've added the missing little blue circle to the Symmetrical warp field governor (http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/akiraprise/nx01_swfg.jpg) and the Warp core output transfer junction (http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/akiraprise/nx01_transfer_junction.jpg).

The ship details are very good for this pricepoint, the lights are great (the deflector effect is terrific!).

On the example I've opened, the nacelles didn't fix well at all and I had to glue the right one to make the light working ok. I know I'm not the only one who had this kind of problem.

If all the lights are great, I could not say the same thing for the sounds... They are in poor quality and there are no "crew voices" as announced with the prototype. But honestly, it doesn't matter : the toy is a future collector, superior to the Playmates ships.

As far as I know. Art Asylum is a young company and has produced limited quantities of their first toy waves. I'm impatient to see the Enterprise-E, 1701 "classic", 1701-A and Reliant to come in 2002/03...

jeddah
10-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Very nice indeed Sicqnus :)

p.s all this talk of AFs and ST stuff is edging me back to collectordom, so STOP IT!

jeddah

good shot jansen
10-11-2002, 01:30 PM
i had stopped into a target not far from my office today, no new action fleet (they did have all the 1st wave though), so no joy there.

they did have 10, that's right, 10 aa enterprise nx-01's. they were $20.00 a pop.

i like the overall looks of it, but as i'm not really into starting a new collection of larger size toyz (if they made the thing 6" in lieu of 12, i'd prolly scoop it up), i passed on it, and used the 20 samolians to pick up the new dvd release of close encounters of the third kind instead.

if anyone wants me to go back and score one for em, post here, and i'll see what i can do.

unfortunately, as i seem to live in scalper central, there may not be any left when i return. (this is the same targets that i had seen 10 or so b-wings awhile back, and then when i went back a couple of hours later to git one fer jeddah, they was all gone)

britcit3
10-11-2002, 02:16 PM
Wow ! $20 - that's cheap.

I paid 35 (inc postage) for mine from a UK dealer.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
10-11-2002, 05:19 PM
It's a super-sweet piece and the $20 pricetag was a joy, I picked it up at my local target the other day where they also had a bunch of 'em, and posted my review in the Gen Disc section.

BC3, upon rechecking the prototype pics, Art Asylum did indeed originally have blue paint on the 3 points you mentioned, so I guess they thought it'd be too expensive to keep those apps.

As for the nacelle problem, I've heard a lot about it, but mine works perfectly by following the instructions. Am I lucky or is everybody else forgetting to hinge it off the back then pivot down? :D

stillakid
10-13-2002, 05:07 PM
I haven't paid much attention to the Action Fleet toys for some time, but I just noticed the Falcon sitting on a shelf the other day. Pretty cool, but the price is a bit high, I think, for what it is. I guess I need somebody to talk me into buying it. :)

jeddah
10-14-2002, 03:29 PM
I see by your presence here that the Force is pulling you to the, errrr, Light side? :confused: ;) :D

Funnily enough I saw the Falcon, X-wing and DV TIE this weekend at TRU in Poole whilst searching for the R2 Interactive (no joy, and it'll prolly be over 100.00). I was very, very impressed with the new style boxes, they look so much more stylish.

I thought the renaming of DVs TIE a bit pretensh but I love that they used the yellow stripe on the X.

SK, if you saw the old falcon, you'd notice one massive improvement that has been visited on this new one. The old AF used to have a jelly-totpedo that was about as cool as the guns on the SneakPreev Theed attack playset Gian speeder. (IMO the only Torp that ever worked was the one in the TIE-Bomber). IAC, this one has been filled in and the weathering is more severe.

Of course, there was no sign of Wave 2 so I (got my brother to) bought Taun We 3-3/4. No sign of the Deevine divin' Ms Unduli! :(

jeddah

shinakuma43
10-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Jeddah: If you are ahving trouble finding the interactive R2 I can probably get one for you. I stopped in TRU yesterday for the first time in quite a while. They had the R2, it looks pretty nice, and I believe it was 99.99 (104.99 with tax). It will probably be a bit expensive though to send it to the UK.

They also had a huge stack of 12" Luke with Taun Tauns. I haven't collected 12" figures since I got into AFs and then into MMs but I do know that if actually wanted it I'd probably never see it in stores. Since I never go to stores anymore I'm not sure if it's easy to find or if it was just a very lucky sighting by me yesterday. Either way if anyone wants one it wouldn't be too much trouble for me to pick them up. They are 59.99 each or 62.9 eahc with tax. They also had a new AOTC Dagobah? X-Wing. It looked really nice, but unfortunately I don't collect 3 3/4" figures or vehicles either. I didn't notice a price on it but my guess is that it's about 39.99.

Later,
S43

britcit3
10-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Hey Jeddah

I saw the R2 in the Entertainer in EP a few days ago.

And it was ........drum roll.............120 !!

I think I'll pass.

Bc3

jeddah
10-15-2002, 03:11 PM
Thanks Shinky, I think I will wait till after Yule before I look for the little geezer. I was sourcing a price rather than looking to buy ;)

BC3, I know what you mean, what's so great about Britain, and who the <bleep> came up with the appalling misnomer "Cool Britannia"?

:(

jeddah

stillakid
10-18-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by jeddah
I see by your presence here that the Force is pulling you to the, errrr, Light side? :confused: ;) :D

Funnily enough I saw the Falcon, X-wing and DV TIE this weekend at TRU in Poole whilst searching for the R2 Interactive (no joy, and it'll prolly be over 100.00). I was very, very impressed with the new style boxes, they look so much more stylish.

I thought the renaming of DVs TIE a bit pretensh but I love that they used the yellow stripe on the X.

SK, if you saw the old falcon, you'd notice one massive improvement that has been visited on this new one. The old AF used to have a jelly-totpedo that was about as cool as the guns on the SneakPreev Theed attack playset Gian speeder. (IMO the only Torp that ever worked was the one in the TIE-Bomber). IAC, this one has been filled in and the weathering is more severe.

Of course, there was no sign of Wave 2 so I (got my brother to) bought Taun We 3-3/4. No sign of the Deevine divin' Ms Unduli! :(

jeddah

I have a few of the "little ships" from the olde days (the Nineties, how last century :rolleyes: ). Some of them make nice companions for the 3/4" scale stuff, ie. the tiny Snowspeeders vs the colossal AT ATs. The AF line is a little more difficult to fit in, but works well in creating a multi-layered diorama in the great blocking tradition of Barney Miller. (anyone, anyone...Bueller?) I do like the Falcon but that price is a bit scary. Do these things tend to hit clearance ever?

I just checked on UPS shipping costs to Poole for the R2. In the neighborhood of $136 bucks! Yikes.

jeddah
10-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Jeez, $136.00 and then as soon as HM Customs and Excise git their nasty little trade fed mits on it, they add a hefty levy. :(

That's how I used to display my (one) AT-AT - with seven mm snowspeeders zipping around it. The scale was perfect. I must admit though, the AT-At is not one of my favourite AFs as the knees could've been aticulated relatively easily (and to make up for a lack of features elsewhere), and the mm Snowspeeders have always reminded me of Planaria (http://research.amnh.org/exhibitions/epidemic/planaria.html) although this one looks a bit long.

GSJ! Yousa in big dudu! I must've missed your rather naughty post above about the B-wings. (mind you, it's so long since you spoke to me) ;) :p The only way I will ever get another B-wing is if I come across the Alpha B-wing just on the offy that the alpha proto looks more like the final Lucas version than the G- oh you know what I call it. :D

BUT! It just occured to me that with the new Action Fleet stuff that's coming out, perhpas Hasbro will do a new accurate B-wing mould. Hey, they may even do Tyderium justice (although I'm still holding my breath for a Nebulon B...it's lucky that blue is my colour) ;)

jeddah

p.s nice to see you here SK, if you cast your eyes up to the gallery, you will note that there are no peanuts... :evil: ;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-20-2002, 12:20 PM
I went to Toys R Us last Thursday and saw the AT-TE, The Solar Sailer, and 2 Naboo Starfighters for sale. So it looks like they are starting to show up on the East Coast now.

I do possess an extra Alpha B-Wing that I picked up a couple of years ago, that I can easily part with it.

Turbowars
10-20-2002, 12:32 PM
There at my local TRU, so their out there

jeddah
10-20-2002, 01:41 PM
Thanks LBC, can you describe the alpha version, please? I've never seen the proto B-wing

cheers :)

jeddah

sicqnus
10-20-2002, 06:50 PM
This pic came from the old Galoob site...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-22-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by sicqnus
This pic came from the old Galoob site...

Thanks sicqnus for posting the pictures.

I was never able to find the latter wave of the Action Fleet Alpha Series (the B-wing, Cloud Car, and Y-wing) at retail but I was lucky enough to pick them up real cheap at a Toys R Us clearance. The only one I was unable to snag was the Y-wing. :(

jeddah
10-22-2002, 01:30 PM
A-aha. (and yuk)

Thanks for the pic and help guys. I think I'll aoid the Alpha Guppy and Plaice ;) :D

thanks tho'

jeddah