PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 on pay-per-view

derek
09-08-2002, 10:49 AM
so the other day, i'm outta town on business, and i check into my hotel room, and guess what is playing on the hotel pay per view? that's right, episode 2!:crazed:

i think this is the first star wars film i've ever heard of being available on any pay per view system. if i remember correctly, no star wars film has ever been shown on pay cable stations like HBO or showtime. and i know for sure episode 1 wasn't on direct TV pay per view.

of course i didn't watch it. it cost $9.99!!! i can wait a few more months and buy the DVD for $20.:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-08-2002, 12:41 PM
Cool! Any word of it being on the at-home PPV?

JEDIpartner
09-08-2002, 06:55 PM
it has been sold to PPV and Cable outlets instead of going to network as the last 4 have done. I'm not sure which Premium channel is getting it, but that's what I had read around the time the DVD/VHS info was released.

mini-rock
09-08-2002, 10:23 PM
OH MAN! I would have watched it without hesitation. I usually get my DVD's a couple weeks before street date, so I could have the AOTC DVD by the end of October, and even that seems so far away.

JEDIpartner
09-09-2002, 10:39 AM
From what I understand... the version that is showing at various hotel chains is the version that will be on the DVD/VHS release of the film. It included the extended garage scene and the more prominent "sparks" from Jango's backpack.

Darth Vellner
10-04-2002, 03:54 PM
Just watched MY COPY of the" hotel pay-per-view" Attack of the clones!!! A friend of mine works at a hotel and he made me a copy!but the tape runs out about 3/4 of the way through the movie and the color fades in and out..:(...
But I did get to see the extended garage scene ..."I'm a Jedi...I know I'm better than THIS!" And the more prominent "sparks" from Jango's backpack.