PDA

View Full Version : What other toy lines you collect?

humsup
10-24-2001, 07:11 AM
Saw this great topic on another forum and just want to bring it over here and try to see the feedback.

I myself is collecting 1/6 military figs apart from SW and its equally fierce in eating up the cash in my wallet. The delay in Snowspeeder and Tie Bomber gave me a breather but over at the 1/6 area, they are coming up with some great figs - its back to square 1, there will be no rest for my cash :(

So what's sharing your income other than SW Stuffs?

Eternal Padawan
10-24-2001, 08:20 AM
I pick up the occasional Star Wars LEGO set.

I also pick up Comic figures that I think are cool, like the new hyper-articulated Spidey and DareDevil figs.

I collect vintage Transformers (you want to talk about wallet eating...) and sometimes the new RID line.

I also collect DVD's which is kind of a grown-up toy.

And finally, my daughter collects Pokemon, but since she's only 3 1/2 I have to buy them, so I guess I collect Pokemon also.

Also, not toys, but I collect them: Movie Posters and Film Trailers.

ThomasLane
10-24-2001, 09:40 AM
Simpsons (getting bored of them though)

Matrix (just the first wave)

Lord of the Rings (the movie stuff)

vintage Toyota Land Cruiser parts (ok, "collecting" them might be a stretch, but they consume more of my income and time than I'd like)

Obi-Don
10-24-2001, 09:47 AM
Babylon 5 is one of my interest.I have just about all the main ones in 6in.There not the best figures but I really liked the show. Also Star Trek micro mach. ships[real hard to find these days.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-24-2001, 10:23 AM
I collect SW Legos as well, but lately I've been opening all my sets and giving them to my son. I'm generally a carded/boxed collector and usually don't open my stuff, but since the Legos stuff doesn't display as well in their package I've just been wanting to tear them open and play with them.

I like getting DVDs too (if we're going to really s-t-r-e-t-c-h the definition of toy out), but I'm very discriminatory as to what I buy since they're so expensive. Right now I only have 8 (1 is EP1) and will probably only get another one at XMas time (hint, hint :) )

Other than that, that's it.

good shot jansen
10-24-2001, 10:44 AM
star trek
babylon 5
aliens (just got a really cool mm sized betty from the aliens resurrection aqua alien toy!)
starship troopers
etc.

what 1st got me into micro machines was the action fleet line. but once i started getting the sw micro machines, i realised how cool all the other sci fi lines were!

Lobito
10-24-2001, 01:30 PM
Just SW.

But i used to collect Super Powers, Secret Wars, MOTU, Transformers, G.I. JOE, Legos and Smurfs!!!:eek:

mrhat
10-24-2001, 02:44 PM
I collect the Legos, but also certian Movie Mainacs toys, Austin Powers (those are hard to find, yeah right) also Simpsons Villians, i.e, Sideshow Bob, Kang and Kodos, I still want the first treehousse of horror set with that ned, and that burns (drooling) I also have Comic Book Guy, because he is the funniest! other than that, no not really.

Mike Troxell
10-24-2001, 05:48 PM
Simpsons, select Austin Powers, and any McFarlane toy that strikes my fancy, such as musicians, certain movie characters, etc.

master jedi
10-24-2001, 06:00 PM
Besides Star Wars I just buy what I like. When the crypto-zoo-ology(sp?) figures come out where I live I think I'll start collecting those.

Brave Sir Robin
10-24-2001, 09:27 PM
Lets see....

I don't really "officially" collect many other lines, but I have accumulated a large amount of Marvel Comics and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures, as well as tons of others.

bigbarada
10-24-2001, 10:44 PM
Aside from vintage Star Wars, I collect some vintage GI Joe ARAH and Transformers Gen 1. So yes, I have money flying out the window like there is no tomorrow.

Starfig873
10-26-2001, 11:31 AM
Other than Star Wars:

A few Movie Maniacs *namely the Army of Darkness figs*
The new Spider-Man figures
and any monster or robot that looks cool (i.e. Spawn, Gundam)

hamsterboy
10-27-2001, 01:16 AM
Let's see.... just Star Wars and Dragon Ball Z.

master jedi
10-27-2001, 06:48 PM
Does anybody collect the Matrix figures? Those things suck. The only good one in the sentinel(sp?).

humsup
10-27-2001, 08:49 PM
Incidently, I have a set of 6 6" figs from the first wave. Pay big bucks for them as I have asked someone to bring in from overseas. Now, I'm scratching my head on why I'm getting those at that moment.
But its not all bad, Switch & Neo looks kinda kick-*** :)

Anyone collects 1/6 military here? Its BIG in Singapore.

master jedi
10-28-2001, 08:04 PM
The first line of the matrix figs were ok but the new ones just flat out suck.