PDA

View Full Version : thinking ahead...celebration 3!

hango fett
09-08-2002, 02:47 PM
i know this is 2.4 years away, but you gotta think ahead! from what i've heard, it's going to be in san deigo, CA....i was thinking that we could all try and met each other there and have a booth somewhere....could this be possible if we planned it in advance enough?? sirsteve? what do you think?
???
h

DeadEye
09-08-2002, 03:05 PM
Me and hango were just talking about this.
I think it's a great idea! We can all meet each other and have a good time! :)

hango fett
09-08-2002, 03:09 PM
yeah! we can share stories, have saber fights (i'll bring all my sabers!) and just have a bunch of SW fun! and myabe even plan a group outing to a store in search of whatever is out then!
h

DeadEye
09-08-2002, 03:24 PM
Maybe I could take some pistols, rifles and shotguns and me, BigB, and whoever else knows how to shoot could go to a range and have a shooting match! :D

hango fett
09-08-2002, 03:26 PM
if that suites u....then do it! seems like it's just you and me, deadeye! oh well, there lose..(sp?)
h

DeadEye
09-08-2002, 03:58 PM
"Loss."
Well, we're two of the cooler forumites (now I'm not insinuating that everyone else isn't cool!) so we deserve our own little thing! :D

hango fett
09-08-2002, 04:42 PM
cool! well, gotta go to work..be back at around 8:30 EDT.
h

LTBasker
09-08-2002, 05:39 PM
*Waits for closing time*

This is why they have Private Messenger.

Btw, IIRC, they said they were going to hold it in the same place as C2.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-08-2002, 05:52 PM
I think this should be in the Conventions area, but oh well.
I'm glad it's planned for Indiana, I knew it was, but still; it was a great place and should be there again. I didn't see any SSgers at C2, where was everyone and their SSG badges?

PS - (Jeez, Deadeye is arrogant and annoying!)
*Waits to get banned*
*Also waits for Deadeye's name to be all over the place in 2005 for bringing guns to an airport* :D

Tycho
09-08-2002, 06:02 PM
I wore my SSG Staff shirt.

Comic Con is always in San Diego.

That's where I live.

Trust me. Indianapolis was great for C2. I'm looking forward to going back there!

At the Celebration, there are way too many things to see and do.

I'm all for these:

A THURSDAY NIGHT SSG PARTY at a well-publicized in advance location, and obviously before the Celebration.

A BANNER IN LINE thing so that everyone can line up in a group together for the first day's admission (some people will come in so late Thursday night / Friday morning, that they'll miss the party.

A BREAKFAST very early on Sunday morning - the last goodbye and final day kick-off. 7 am or something , as many like to get in line as early as 8-9 for a 10 am admission to the con.

Uh, yeah. You won't feel too great from Saturday night, but NO ONE sleeps during conventions. I have deep circles under my eyes when I get home!!! Dang!

But it'll be fun!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-08-2002, 06:07 PM
What does said shirt look like?

Tycho
09-08-2002, 06:11 PM
Black polo shirt with SirStevesGuide.com over the pocket.

Our Celebration 1 shirts had Darth Maul on the back of them, and they were T-shirt style.

Maybe Steve will set something up and we'll sell them like months before the convention, making all the party details known then, as well.

Beast
09-08-2002, 06:14 PM
I thought Sir Steve was going to start offering SSG stuff for sale after Cel2. Whatever happened to that. I still want my damn SSG T-Shirt, Mousepad, Coffee Cup, Shot Glass, and Butt Cushion for comfort when browsing the forums. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
09-08-2002, 08:39 PM
and we need an exclusive figure for us! you have to show your name for here on the forums, and your password and if it logs you in, you get a free figure! (maybe not a free figure..) but if it is in indi, that's 100% a. ok with me! were only 2 hours from it! yippe!
h

Beast
09-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Hasbro would never make an exclusive for an online website. That would be seen as supporting that website, plus it would also tick off the collecting community as a whole, that doesn't go to SSG.

And I wouldn't give my password out to anyone, I don't care what crappy exclusive they were trying to push on fans. And who the hell are you talking about is 2 hours from it? You and DeadEye, oh wait....this was a usless chat thread that could have been handled in PM's. Sorry for sticking my nose in. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
09-08-2002, 09:52 PM
no...i'm 2 hours from celebration 2.....and 3 if it's in indi...i said that in my post...and i was just trying to get a thread started...sorry to annoy anyone with my dumb thoughts
:mad:
h

bigbarada
09-08-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL

*Also waits for Deadeye's name to be all over the place in 2005 for bringing guns to an airport* :D

:D:D

Well, I will try to make it to Cel3, just cuz it will likely be the last one. Okay maybe not the last, just the last one that's worth a damn. My collectors club has already talked about meeting at Cel3 (hopefully sooner than that), so we'll see what happens.

Darth Vellner
09-08-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
no...i'm 2 hours from celebration 2.....and 3 if it's in indi...i said that in my post...and i was just trying to get a thread started...sorry to annoy anyone with my dumb thoughts
:mad:
h

WOW!!! Do you have a time machine or something????
It's not 2 hours away, It's like 2 "YEARS" away!!:D :crazed: :D

(It's close for me too!! I live in South Bend. IN.)

dr_evazan22
09-08-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
I didn't see any SSgers at C2, where was everyone and their SSG badges?

I was inline! Where were you?

All great idea's for C3. I had heard it would be in Indy again, but it really doesn't matter where it is.

My collectors club is also planning on meeting together at C3. Check out "Newark/Wilmington, Delaware" in the Just Found forums for a list of members:rolleyes: Hopefully by 2005 we can double the membership.

BTW- I'm still interested in an SSG shirt if tehy become available.

Tycho
09-09-2002, 12:25 AM
Dang! And I thought the lines were bad for C1 - then C2 was bigger.

If folks are "sure" C3 will be the last one - or at least the last important one - then it's going to be huge!!!

Of course I'm there!

DeadEye, did you go to C2?

Anyway, here's my thoughts on how to get organized this time:

1) Put the entire schedule of events online when the tickets go on sale. - Don't sell tickets before everything is confirmed. If nothing else, advertise it up so much that everyone is WAITING for tickets to go onsale even after they have their flights and hotel rooms. DON'T SELL TICKETS WITHOUT A SCHEDULE.

2) Sell different kinds of tickets:

SELL TICKETS CUSTOM MADE TO WHAT EACH INDIVIDUAL SCHEDULES FOR THEMSELVES:

Sample:

Friday

2:00 Luke Skywalker in Rm A

2:00 Padme Amidala in Rm B

2:00 Rick McCallum in Rm C

2:00 Hasbro in Rm D

4:00 Darth Tyranus in Rm A

4:00 Chewbacca in Rm B

4:00 Dark Horse Comics in Rm C

4:00 Lego Inc. in Rm D

When you buy tickets you can purchase packages:

PACKAGE 1 = $30 for the entire weekend - no admission to special events. You can go to the dealers' room and exhibits like the life-size Jedi Starfighter, or whatever, the toy museum, that's it.

PACKAGE 2 = $50 for the entire weekend - you can do everything in the first option, but you can also go to see special presentations. YOU CHOOSE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE to see Hasbro or Rick McCallum. If you choose Hasbro, you will have another ticket for that. You will NOT be admitted to Rick McCallum, but those who want to see him, won't have to wait in lines around the freaking block all day. They'll know they have a seat already. But pack-2 tickets will not admit you to see special guest stars.

PACKAGE 3 - $75 (limited while supplies last based on seating capacity) - admission to all the previous package deal events plus seats to see the special guest stars, but you still have to specify what you are attending: If you choose to see Padme Amidala, you will not be admitted to either Luke Skywalker or Hasbro. Then if you choose to see Legos, you will not have a ticket for Darth Tyranus or Dark Horse Comics.

*Some ticket trading could be allowed at the convention if seats are still available, but they should have it on computer just like a movie theater so they know!

Now, if you want to see Chewbacca at 4 o'clock, you won't have to miss Luke on stage because you are spending 2 hours in line waiting for them to hand out numbers for the Chewbacca show.

Look, there are events every hour for 8 hours a day. That means they only have to give you 24 tickets that you plan out the events for, for the entire weekend. (and most people eat, explore the town, and go to the dealers room, so they won't order 24 tickets). If they fail to make a show, and ushers see seats are available after all ticketed people are in, 15 minutes after the show starts, they can fill vacant seats for those with badges admitting them to access to these kinds of shows.

NOW EVERYONE CAN AFFORD TO GO - for as little as $25 and you won't have to spend your experience waking up early to stand in line all day.

AUTOGRAPH LINE TICKETS CAN BE PRESOLD AS WELL.

- a lot of actors make you buy $10 pictures of them, or whatever, for signatures. If they are free (the autographs - like to sign your carded figures) they can still issue tickets with the selected actor marked in your options.

THE CONCERT WAS A SEPARATE TICKET TOO

- that actually worked out well. Leave this well enough alone, just do it again! The concert by the Inidanapolis Symphony Orchestra playing Star Wars with a laser / pyrotechnic show and the 501st in full Imperial uniform was too awesome!

But this way fans will know exactly what to expect when they go.

I know actors like Mark Hamill might wait until the last minute to confirm, but they get paid for doing these shows. Give them a deadline, too!

Schedule last-minute surprises, like if Harrison Ford decided he had nothing better to do, a Sunday slot (if they are confirmed by Friday) and have people with the right passes register there at the show no later than Saturday for a Sunday appearance. The line waiting really bites into the fun there.

But I'm going to scream at them to organize it this way before the next one goes on sale. I love doing these shows - I'm a veteran of both Celebrations "Dagobah" and Indy - and I was so glad I got to go!

They are worth it! Still they can only get better. I've suggested the best improvement!

Master Goeweins
09-09-2002, 01:23 AM
I am definitely planning on going this time. It being the last Celebration to accompany a movie release, I will not be missing it. I am starting a seperate fund for it already! I think it would be awesome to see other SSG members there.

bigbarada
09-09-2002, 11:30 AM
I think a black T-shirt with the SSG logo on it is too hard to pick out in a crowd. What we should do is all wear those giant foam cowboy hats that you see in football games with the SSG logo, and make them bright pink with lemon yellow stripes. Then we could all have a neon green foam finger that we all wear.

You'd have no trouble picking out the SSG people then.:p

hango fett
09-09-2002, 03:27 PM
i wish i had a time machine.....that would rock! i could go get the new figures from 2005, and see EIII! haha! but, anywho, i hope i see most of you there! it is going to be fun!!! can't wait!
h

Tycho
09-09-2002, 04:39 PM
You could go back in time and buy up tons of mint-carded vintage figures, then come back to now, sell them, and buy a whole Cineplex to watch Episode 3 on 15 screens in!!!

hango fett
09-09-2002, 06:38 PM
yeah! that would be cool! and get all the rare variants and all that! ahh..if only...
h

dr_evazan22
09-10-2002, 12:14 AM
You could go back and get the Death Star Playset:cool: !

All good ideas Tycho. I would have been happier if they had jsut videotaped some of the presentations and kept replaying them over and over.

Another thing that could help would be not renaming the rooms. If memory serves me correctly, the center had recently renamed the rooms, then there we were: "can you tell me where the Bespin room is?".

Did anyone notice any Star Trek costumes at C2? I remember Klingons at C1, but I didn't see any in Indy.

rynobot
09-10-2002, 12:22 AM
I'd love to go to C3 and party with my fellow SSGer's. :)

Tycho
09-10-2002, 06:23 PM
Yeah, there were some Star Trek fans there:

There were some Klingons, but the Wookiees ripped them apart.

There were some Vulcans, but a certain Astromech beat them all at 3-Dimensional chess and they went home early to meditate on that.

There was a guy dressed as Nelix in his cooking outfit, but I think Dexter actually made him lunch!

The Borg tried to assimilate the Force, but Palpatine's Dark Side Lightning was just too much for them. They sought perfection, he gave them a New Order!

There was a bald man in a red captain's uniform, but he was under appreciated next to a bald man with a purple lightsaber.

JarJar and Yoda broke the Universal Translator.

Han got excited by Seven-of-Nine, but Leia shot her.

Riker and Kirk both tried to seduce Aurra Sing, and she had 2 toys to play with, but they turned out to be lightsabers...

Tom Paris died pod racing....

And the Ferengi got ripped off by the Jawas.

Now the Jem Hadar had some fun - they made a deal with Jabba to distribute "white" if he'd act as a middle-man with the Kamino Cloners. (at least some Star Trek Species are smart enough to survive you know...)

Oh - and Odo left early because someone gave him the address for Zam Wessel's sister.

Dark Knight
09-11-2002, 12:24 AM
It sounds like lots of fun. I hope that I get there this time. I had just too much going for CII. :cry:

Originally posted by DeadEye
Maybe I could take some pistols, rifles and shotguns and me, BigB, and whoever else knows how to shoot could go to a range and have a shooting match! :D

:D

DeadEyes it sounds like fun to me. Buy an Glock!!It the best!!! ]:D Yea I know that you love your customized CZ, but the Glock will last longer.:evil:

Tycho
09-11-2002, 03:22 AM
Not that guns aren't fun, but:

1) If you are taking any kind of weapon, real or otherwise, you will have to ship it ahead of you because you won't be able to take it on a plane - well "duh..."

2) At the Celebration, all weapons will be checked to make sure they are non-operational. Then you're supposed to have a sticker on it saying "it's OK to carry." At Comic Con, they were taping some people's weapons into their holsters. There's always the chance that somebody wants to play out their character in a fantasy situation where their "enemies" are dressed correctly, and the situation turns deadly because we're dealing with the "reality challenged." If I had a working lightsaber and the Dark Side of the Force at my command, well you might not want to be at a convention with a loon like me. Have you ever read about the Dark Jedi Kyp Durron?

3) Real weapons brought in working order to conventions can be dealt with several ways.

a) your loaded weapon will be disarmed from your person by the police who arrest you.

b) your unloaded weapon (assuming you're carrying no ammunition on your person) might be approved if it's partially dismantled and you surrender your firing pin, possibly more. I don't know if they'd give it back. It's not exactly the standard thing you'd claim at the baggage check-in. But if security was smart, they might search your person. If I had a real weapon converted to a prop, as they did with the actual movie weapons used in filming the OT, and I wanted to kill people at a convention, I'd have a friend carry my ammunition and I'd have someone else carry my trigger, firing pin, whatever they might take out of your otherwise functional weapon.

4) I'd go shoot up a Star Wars convention if I was

a) mentally deranged
b) a complete moron
c) both of the above

But let's drop the subject while we're ahead. If this conversation degenerates into talking about airline safety, the FBI might be contacting us all.

On the dawn of the first year anniversary of September 11, it's not funny in the least bit, and while sarcastic, I was not trying to be funny here, either.

Dark Knight
09-12-2002, 12:08 AM
1. Duh. I think DeadEyes was talking about driving? :crazed: Yea you're right about shipping. You can send it to someone with an Federal Firearm License (FFL).

2. Duh again. :crazed: I'm taking an CWP and it explains the most of the gun laws.

3. Really, cops taking guns?:eek I've never heard of that.:crazed:

4. I think DeadEye was talking about shooting at an firearm range before or after the celebration.

Not everone is an teenage or lacking sense. Maybe this is not the right date to discuss this.
Anyways I do enjoy shooting. I do obey the gun laws of this state and federal laws

Originally posted by Tycho
Not that guns aren't fun, but:

1) If you are taking any kind of weapon, real or otherwise, you will have to ship it ahead of you because you won't be able to take it on a plane - well "duh..."

2) At the Celebration, all weapons will be checked to make sure they are non-operational. Then you're supposed to have a sticker on it saying "it's OK to carry." At Comic Con, they were taping some people's weapons into their holsters. There's always the chance that somebody wants to play out their character in a fantasy situation where their "enemies" are dressed correctly, and the situation turns deadly because we're dealing with the "reality challenged." If I had a working lightsaber and the Dark Side of the Force at my command, well you might not want to be at a convention with a loon like me. Have you ever read about the Dark Jedi Kyp Durron?

3) Real weapons brought in working order to conventions can be dealt with several ways.

a) your loaded weapon will be disarmed from your person by the police who arrest you.

b) your unloaded weapon (assuming you're carrying no ammunition on your person) might be approved if it's partially dismantled and you surrender your firing pin, possibly more. I don't know if they'd give it back. It's not exactly the standard thing you'd claim at the baggage check-in. But if security was smart, they might search your person. If I had a real weapon converted to a prop, as they did with the actual movie weapons used in filming the OT, and I wanted to kill people at a convention, I'd have a friend carry my ammunition and I'd have someone else carry my trigger, firing pin, whatever they might take out of your otherwise functional weapon.

4) I'd go shoot up a Star Wars convention if I was

a) mentally deranged
b) a complete moron
c) both of the above

But let's drop the subject while we're ahead. If this conversation degenerates into talking about airline safety, the FBI might be contacting us all.

On the dawn of the first year anniversary of September 11, it's not funny in the least bit, and while sarcastic, I was not trying to be funny here, either.