PDA

View Full Version : 12" Dengar (merged)

BillyJAck
06-27-2002, 02:07 AM
Here's a picture of the 12" Dengar figure. He looks pretty nice. I like the gloves. I just hope he comes with a backpack to be ESB accurate. But I'm still happy we are getting him at all. I can't wait to have all the bounty hunters in 12" inch displayed. I will definately be buying him. Whats your thoughts on the figure and will you pick him up?

billy

derek
06-27-2002, 02:14 AM
i just hope they use a better quality paint. look at his legs. it's peeling off.

BillyJAck
06-27-2002, 02:18 AM
I don't think so....i didn't look...not everyone looks at the photo archive all the time. I figured if i was trying to get thoughts on the figure i might as well show a photo of them hmm? And his paint isn't peeling off i think thats their bad attempt to make him look weathered...

billy

derek
06-27-2002, 07:15 AM
look at the legs. that paint has been scratched off. this is just a prototype, and hopefully they wil not use white armor and paint over it. hopefully they will mold the armor in the correct color so it does not have to be painted. and you are right, sir steve does not have this photo in the picture archive.:)

Thunderstorm1
06-27-2002, 07:56 AM
I'll buy it just to add to my Bounty Hunter collection. Plus I think he looks cool and by the photo I would say that he does have the back pack or at least it looks like it

SirSteve
06-27-2002, 08:43 AM
Billy, please check our Collector's Database before using someone elses pictures. We already have shown these months ago.

Darth Cruel
06-27-2002, 09:46 AM
In reality, Dengar's armor IS painted from white as it is a conglomeration of armor from different sources, including Stormtrooper armor. So, in fact, painted white armor IS the correct color.

And there seems to be at least one missing post in this thread. The continuity doesn't seem right. Is that the case?

AmanaMatt
09-08-2002, 05:21 PM
Ugh, compare the loose prototype shot to the new boxed shot.

What the heck happened?

Doesn't even look like the same head sculpt the way it is painted!

The True Maul
09-08-2002, 06:06 PM
The picture doesn't really look good it's a little fuzzy but, I think that Dengar will have the great face detail!!!!:)

Jayspawn
09-09-2002, 12:17 AM
I think the 12" Dengar will look better on the shelf. I think he and Zuckuss look very impressive.

Tycho
09-09-2002, 02:00 AM
I'm not complaining, but aren't these coming out awfully fast?

It just seems like I got Dooku, Zam, and the Droid, and now another wave?

Where's the Imperial Officer? (not that I'm 'that much' looking forward to him)

Or is Boussh in this line now? (I think that's it. Yeah).

Beast
09-09-2002, 02:04 AM
I don't think it's all that fast, since they will probably end up getting delayed another month. Remeber the Dooku/SBD/and Zam were originally scheduled for July. :)

Imperial Officer is still in the line Tycho, just no pictures of it packaged have popped up yet. The Princess Leia: Boushh w/ Carbonite Block is now supposed to be exclusive for TRU later this year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gtrain29
09-09-2002, 01:19 PM
I must agree. This wave is not coming out fast. Consider first that the Dooku wave was due out in June or July. Also, this bounty hunter wave was supposed to be released last november, I believe. It was then cancelled and brought back a couple of times. So it is actually just a year late.

N-2PF
09-16-2002, 03:52 AM
Compare the loose prototype shot to the new loose shot.

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 10:13 AM
Which one is which? I think the one on the right looks the best.

N-2PF
09-16-2002, 05:55 PM
On the left: prototype from Sir Steve's Collector's Database.
On the right: the final product out of the box.

derek
09-16-2002, 08:23 PM
good compairison N-2PF.:)

that final product of dengar looks very good! can't wait to get him. did you happen to see all 6 bounty hunters lined up at the galactic hunters site? i can't wait to do that line up.
i just wish hasbro would release a new boba fett using the jango fett molds:).

Exhaust Port
09-16-2002, 10:21 PM
Awesome, only 2 more to go and that will be ours!!

mini-rock
09-16-2002, 10:39 PM
I'll most likely have mine sitting on a shelf just like in the picture. Looks like I'll need to go shopping at Ikea again. :)

derek
09-16-2002, 10:52 PM
hey mini-rock,

you posted in another thread that you have 100+ 12 inch star wars figures all displayed. if you can get a picture of them posted, that would be cool.:)

mini-rock
09-16-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by derek
hey mini-rock,

you posted in another thread that you have 100+ 12 inch star wars figures all displayed. if you can get a picture of them posted, that would be cool.:)

You are so right. I've been slacking on that unfortunately. I'm currently selling my house and have put all the OT 12" figurs away in 2 big boxes since everyone that came through kept touching them. The EP1 and EP2 figures are not near the entry way to my theater so they get less attention from people passing by. Wait, I still have Luke & Scout on speeder, and Sandtrooper on Dewback out. I'll try and get it done in the next couple of weeks. Feel free to hound me about it too, sometimes I need that. :)

edit - if you are interested to see what kind of shelving I use go to ikea.com and the item is called ENETRI, or if you have a catalog it's on page 83 item #5. It's a pretty good deal for 50 bucks.:)

derek
09-17-2002, 07:29 PM
mini-rock,

those are some cool looking shelves. are they failry sturdy?

Turbowars
09-17-2002, 08:25 PM
good compairison N-2PF.:)

that final product of dengar looks very good! can't wait to get him. did you happen to see all 6 bounty hunters lined up at the galactic hunters site? i can't wait to do that line up.
i just wish hasbro would release a new boba fett using the jango fett molds:). Man, Zuckuss is bad @ss!!!!!!!

mini-rock
09-17-2002, 08:46 PM
mini-rock,

those are some cool looking shelves. are they failry sturdy?

Yeah very sturdy. That pic doesn't do the shelves justice, they are far more impressive when you actually see them. Ikea also has a "Dark Grey" version of the shelves that are pretty cool too, and for $50 bucks each they are a steal. I currently have 6 (one for each movie) but will buy a few more just in case I get too many figures than these can handle. :)

Clowntrooper
09-18-2002, 06:10 PM
Are bounty hunters cool? Just because they are bounty hunters? This half mummy - half repainted stormtrooper, first named "zuckus", but so non-important that even Kenner didn't know his name, named him Dengar, only anticipated from EU-comic writers should be a hot toy? For completists only!

Turbowars
09-18-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Clowntrooper
Are bounty hunters cool? Just because they are bounty hunters? This half mummy - half repainted stormtrooper, first named "zuckus", but so non-important that even Kenner didn't know his name, named him Dengar, only anticipated from EU-comic writers should be a hot toy? For completists only! Dude what are you talking about? Kenner screwed up the names of 4-LOM and Zuckuss. As for only for completists, you must be crazy. Zuckuss will sell like hotcakes. Old Zucky is one of my favorites, I have been waiting for him for years.

Beast
09-18-2002, 06:48 PM
I don't know what he's talking about either. I don't see it for completists only. Atleast it's not another friggen 12" Darth Maul. If I ever see another one of those I'm gonna go nuts. Nice to see some of the more popular minor charecters in the 12" line. Maybe they can actually get me back into the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Clowntrooper
09-18-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Dude what are you talking about? Kenner screwed up the names of 4-LOM and Zuckuss.

Right, but before they named the Zuckuss Dengar and the Dengar Zuckuss.

Turbowars
09-18-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Clowntrooper

Right, but before they named the Zuckuss Dengar and the Dengar Zuckuss. Wow, that's news to me.

Beast
09-18-2002, 07:03 PM
No, Clowntrooper. The Empire Strikes Back figures in the vintage line had the names switched for 4-LOM (Protocal Droid Bounty Hunter) and Zuckuss (Alien Bounty Hunter). It was never corrected back then, and stayed that way until years later Lucasfilm and West End Games corrected the mistake. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Clowntrooper
09-18-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
No, Clowntrooper. The Empire Strikes Back figures in the vintage line had the names switched for 4-LOM (Protocal Droid Bounty Hunter) and Zuckuss (Alien Bounty Hunter). It was never corrected back then, and stayed that way until years later Lucasfilm and West End Games corrected the mistake. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Yeah, I know, like I stated before. 4-LOM is a Droid's name. But they messed up the actor's names Zuckuss and Dengar before, too. It was never corrected, cause it makes no sense to correct those non-important things.
That's what I wanted to say: Dengar is non-important.

By the way: I do know the origins of Klaatu, Barrada, Nektu ... and even of the Gonk-droids name, do you?

derek
09-18-2002, 07:35 PM
clowntrooper,

check your private messages please.:)

Clowntrooper
09-18-2002, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the private welcome, derek.

Beast
09-18-2002, 08:00 PM
I don't know where your getting your info about mixing up Zuckess and Dengar. The original Vintage figure had no name mistake. Speaking of the 12" Dengar, it's nice to see him actually based on his ESB apperance instead of the ROTJ one. The 4" figures need a resculpt with his backpack.

And of course I know where, "Klatuu, Barada, Nikto" comes from. It's from the 1951 Sci-Fi classic "The Day The Earth Stood Still". I posted about it a few times before, when people say that Army of Darkness borrowed it from Star Wars.

It was the activation command for Gort the robot, in case Klatuu was ever injured or killed. The woman tells the robot the commands, and then he grabs her and proceeds to steal Klatuu's body and bring him back to life on the Space Ship. Excellent movie, I can't wait for the rumored 2003 2-disc S.E. DVD. :D

The Gonk Droid name origin escapes me at the moment. So feel free to post that one. I remember hearing about it along time ago. But it seems to have slipped my mind at the moment. Hmm, I did a little digging for "Gonk" and I pulled the following up. Not sure if this is what you are talking about or not. :)

gonk: /gonk/ vt.,n. 1. To prevaricate or to embellish the truth beyond any reasonable recognition. In German the term is (mythically) `gonken'; in Spanish the verb becomes `gonkar'. "You're gonking me. That story you just told me is a bunch of gonk." In German, for example, "Du gonkst mir" (You're pulling my leg). See also gonkulator. 2. [British] To grab some sleep at an odd time; compare gronk out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Clowntrooper
09-19-2002, 04:25 AM
Congratulations, JarJarBinks, three of four ain't bad.

IG65
09-19-2002, 11:11 AM
gonk

Wow, posting the definition of that word is rather appropriate. I love it when the universe lines things up like that ;)

Darth Cruel
09-21-2002, 02:46 AM
Sorry to pull this thread back on topic for a minute, but...

I was looking at the photos in the SSG CD and it looks to me like there IS a back pack packaged right under the blaster rifle. The caption on the side only says that it comes with a blaster rifle, but it does look to me as though there is a back pack.

TheFrankEinstein
09-25-2002, 05:22 AM
Arrrgh, Hasbor did it again. I'm confident that the sculpt was relatively unchanged between the prototype and the boxed figure, but they screw up the paint and it ends up looking like a totally different figure. For one thing, what did they do to his eyebrows? It looks like someone drew them on with a Sharpie. I'd have bought one that looked like the prototype (even if he looks like Ed McMahon), but I really doubt I'll plunk down on the plastic-looking production figure.