PDA

View Full Version : More Hype?

InsaneJediGirl
09-08-2002, 07:36 PM
I'm wondering if Episode III will get more hype because it will be the last Starwars movie.Of course there will be the typical news outlets covering the release,but I'm talking more of a Episode I hype.When everywhere you went you saw Starwars:D

Think It'll happen again,or no because of reaction of film critics to AOTC?

Nebulaz
09-08-2002, 07:40 PM
I'm mixed w/ this issue. I want the hype to stay low b/c then i'll get a better seat on the mid-night showing, but I love SW commericals and I want my own cardboard cut out of Natalie. So if they hype it up more, then they make more cut outs that means i get a better chance of getting one.

mini-rock
09-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Whether it is or not I know my Star Wars brethren will be there for the 12a.m. showing, and I wouldn't want to watch EPIII for the first time any other way.

Pendo
09-09-2002, 04:17 PM
I have mixed thoughts about the hype of Ep3. In a way I want as much (or more?) hype as Episode I got. 1998-99 was a great year for Star Wars fans, it was truely magical, like being back in 1977 (I'm only guessing but probably was :)).
But my wory with there being a huge hype is that there would be too much expectation for it, much like Episode I. If there is alot of hype and Episode III isn't as good as everyone thought it would be then a certain someone (GWL) would get his arse kicked!!!
I'd rather there be little hype but a truely amazing Star Wars flick, than alot of hype and a dissapointing flick.

PENDO!

Vortex
09-09-2002, 04:43 PM
Hard call on this one.

I was originally expecting ATOC to be hyped beyond belief, before and after the flick, but here in MN there wasn't much hype.

I figured with this being the 2nd of 3 movies we'd get bombarded with figures, ships, toys, folders...sort of like the marketing frezy ROTJ had, where you couldn't buy undies without a picture of yoda or a wookie on them.

But oddly enough I was totally wrong. There's very little hype, figures and ships are fewer, and they years not even over and its seems like ATOC was years ago.

As for Ep III - I can only assume that there will be a tad more hype since it is the last in the group of 3, but I think the toy line will be about the same or less at ATOC.