PDA

View Full Version : 12" Padme Amidala (merged)

Jaina Solo
06-26-2002, 02:27 PM
For a while there was a rumor that 12" inch Padme would replace that <sarcasm> lovely </sarcasm> Zam Wesell. But now we've got boxed pictures of Zam.

So...is there going to be a 12" inch Padme? If there is, is she going to be really scary looking?

JediWannaBe
06-26-2002, 07:12 PM
Maybe in time for Epi 3? I have NO scoop.

derek
06-26-2002, 07:28 PM
no photos of her have been seen, but the official site did list her as an up coming release. maybe later this year or next.:confused:

Master Goeweins
06-27-2002, 12:38 AM
yes, please!

LTBasker
06-27-2002, 02:36 AM
I'm guessing she'd be in the Dooku wave.

Jaina Solo
06-27-2002, 03:34 AM
I thought so too, but now it looks like Zam is coming out with the Dooku wave instead.

humsup
06-27-2002, 07:23 AM
Hasbro Starwars 12" department just couldn't get any female right. Even though they are releasing Padme, I'm too sceptical about how "good" she will look.

Jaina Solo
06-27-2002, 06:06 PM
I'm a little worried myself, but if she's not as bad as Zam I'll probably be happy.

libuse
06-27-2002, 08:13 PM
I like all of the leia figures except the hoth leia and i like all the padme (queen ) 12 inch figures so far. So i am sure padme will look great.

Jedi Juice
06-30-2002, 12:12 AM
The time will come..... that a decent female 12 incher will arrive.

Exhaust Port
06-30-2002, 09:41 AM
<crossing fingers> ...arena battle Padme...arena battle Padme...arena battle Padme... ;)

JediBoulton
07-03-2002, 09:32 AM
forget about area battle Padme -- I want the "lets sit down by the firepalce and play darkside" Padme complete with black leather outfit -- oops -- my wife just saw me type that.

She wants to see Obiwan -- in chains -- YUK!!!

Jedi Juice
07-03-2002, 04:52 PM
Yeah, Ani and Padme looked uncomfortable in the scene with the fireplace. They were like, "Gee, what do we do alone in the dark?"

JediWannaBe
07-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Juice
Yeah, Ani and Padme looked uncomfortable in the scene with the fireplace. They were like, "Gee, what do we do alone in the dark?"

Gee, Lets see.......:crazed:

Exhaust Port
07-03-2002, 06:01 PM
Maybe he never figures it out and Leia and Luke are "virgin" births just like he was. ;)

allenj456
09-09-2002, 11:32 AM
I though she was being released with the Geo wave? Where is at least a pic?!?!

mini-rock
09-09-2002, 12:00 PM
Will someone PLEASE give this man a Padme pic? ;):)

Battle Droid
09-10-2002, 11:27 PM
Here's a pic.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images//AUTOIMAGES/HS84940lg.jpg

Exhaust Port
09-10-2002, 11:37 PM
Sweet Jesus, what is wrong with her head?!?!?! She looks like a freakin' Bobble-Head doll.

derek
09-10-2002, 11:38 PM
her head is a bit big, it's on a barbie body, but dang it, i kinda like this one. i think it's a pretty good likeness of natalie.

i'll definately get about 4 of these.

one to keep as is.
one to have as a ripped shirt version.
one to replace the "defense of naboo" padme head
one to use as an episode 1 handmaiden

that anakin still looks horrible though. what are you guys at hasbro smoking!???

:confused:

Hellboy
09-11-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Sweet Jesus, what is wrong with her head?!?!?! She looks like a freakin' Bobble-Head doll.

That is exactly what I was going to say. It looks so weird I actually thought it was some kinda sick joke. :eek:

Beast
09-11-2002, 12:34 AM
Worst 12" Figure Ever!!! I wonder if they will be able to improve at all upon this abomination before it's going to be released. Sweet Christmas, I think the original pictures of Zam looked better then this piece of bantha poodoo. We really need one of those puking smiles for this piece of crap. :eek:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
09-11-2002, 12:38 AM
I am REEEEAAAALLLLLYYYY sorry if this seems like post padding but,...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You have got to be joking me! This has got to be some non-hasbro foreign rip off. Even they are not this bad!

mini-rock
09-11-2002, 01:45 AM
:eek: What the heck?! I hope it is a sick joke.

Jayspawn
09-11-2002, 02:06 AM
Hasbro, please for the love of God. Redo this figure before you release it! Please! We need at least 1 GOOD Padme figure before the year is over!

Master Goeweins
09-11-2002, 02:15 AM
Those leg warmers are so 1984......

Ain't no way that Padme ever got touched by any man and birthed Leia. She got so beat down with the ugly stick! Her head actually dwarfs Anakin, and speaking of Anakin.... he looks like he's saying, "I'm sorry master, but I can't do this anymore. I have to poop!"

Jedi Master Silas
09-11-2002, 03:56 AM
I just saw the 12 " Amidala posted on the main site and I hate it. Whats up with her big head?? I dig most of the pieces Hasbro makes but whoa this one sucks :) This is only my opinion :) Is this the finished version? I hope not.

fourtwo
09-11-2002, 04:15 AM
*cough* this should be in the 12 inch section *cough*
i just wanted to log in...heh
:)

N-2PF
09-11-2002, 05:27 AM
Do not let mislead you by the perspective distortion caused by a photograph taken from above. Hasbro have used the usual body and the usual headsize, so Padme will look like this:

Sinister Lord
09-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Big head and wimpy "Barbie style" body... very lame. Hasbro messed up again. This yet another tragedy, along with Zam, which was really bad too.

Lyet
09-11-2002, 09:20 AM
Her big head reminds me of Mr. Maky (sp) from South Park......mmmkay.

Prince Xizor
09-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Thats what I noticed first as well. The GIANT head. What an ugly toy...

JEDIpartner
09-11-2002, 10:53 AM
I know... It seems like they can't seem to get the heads right on the female dolls. Well-- in all homesty, they can't get the proportions right with most or the 12" body parts. At least the proportions on the male figures are more forgiving than they are on these dismal attempts at female 12" figures.

The only Amidalas that didn't stink were the Portrait edition ones.

Sinister Lord
09-11-2002, 11:07 AM
I don't get it... these are supposed to be action figures. Why is Hasbro using wimpy "doll" bodies for the females? They didn't do that when they did the Bousch Disguise Leia (which came in the three pack), so why are they doing it now? Hasbro certainly has the capability to make these better. The 12" GI Jane body they used in the past for females in the GI Joe line was great, why don't they use it for the female Star Wars figures? Using the more articluated bodies, like the one used for Count Dooku is the way to go. That figure is awesome. Hasbro should do the same for the females, instead of producing these crappy dolls that don't appeal to boys, girls, or collectors .

InsaneJediGirl
09-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Another bobblehead 12'' figure.:mad:With a wimpy Barbie body...no wonder girls dont collect these things.(Most girls)

allenj456
09-11-2002, 11:11 AM
Big dissapointment- Zam's kid sister or something...

A.J.
09-11-2002, 01:02 PM
"That's no MOON, it's... your mother's HEAD!

Exhaust Port
09-11-2002, 01:14 PM
:D :D :D :D That's a good one A.J.!

mini-rock
09-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by A.J.
"That's no MOON, it's... your mother's HEAD!
:D

I agree that the other female action figures heads are a "little" big for the body, but this one on Padme is HUGE! What is Hasbro thinking?!

BTW, besides the lack of poseability, I don't think the 12" Zam is all that bad. :)

allenj456
09-11-2002, 02:54 PM
How does crap like this happen!?!?!?!?!?

fourtwo
09-11-2002, 02:55 PM
i saw the fig, and man is it ugly

DarthWitko
09-11-2002, 03:41 PM
That still is the ugliest looking action figure ever made. Why can't they just make the action figures using the original Princess Liea 12 inch body rather then a barbie body. What a joke? Darth Vader needs to choke some hasbro designers. Maybe this is why he turned to to the dark side. His beautiful wife grew a huge head and a small body.

AmanaMatt
09-11-2002, 03:43 PM
Wow, this is the reason that I stopped collecting the 12"ers. What a hideous POS!

JediTricks
09-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Lyet
Her big head reminds me of Mr. Maky (sp) from South Park......mmmkay. AHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's too funny, it does remind one of Mr Mackey! "Uh, don't fall to the dark side, mmmkay?"

Seriously though, this reminds me of 12" slave Leia, original pics had a HUUUUUUUUUGE melon, but the finished product was much smaller.

N-2PF
09-11-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
original pics had a HUUUUUUUUUGE melon, but the finished product was much smaller.
Right, JediTricks. Do not let mislead you by the perspective distortion caused by a photograph taken from above. Hasbro have used the usual body and the usual headsize, so Padme will look like this:

Sinister Lord
09-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Even if they made the head a little smaller it would still look like crap... it's a glorified Barbie doll, not an action figure. I mean look at Zam! We've seen that one in the stores and that figure stinks. Hasbro is messing up big time on the females.

evenflow
09-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Even though i won't be buying it, I do hope that it is onlya prototype, because that head is just terrible.

IG65
09-11-2002, 06:35 PM
Although I can't say I actually like the Zam 12", she did end up looking alot better than the early photos where she had a head the size of a space station.:D I guess that gives me some hope for the Padme 12", although the rest of her body looks elongated like a wire bendy figure . . . :crazed:

Hellboy
09-11-2002, 07:46 PM
You know her face looks O.K. but the fact that her neck is the same size as her wrists just gives her the whole bobble head look.

mini-rock
09-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Well, that second pic you posted N-P2F does make Padme look slightly better, but if Hasbro plans to release her like this she needs to have her cape. Otherwise, I hope they give us a ripped shirt version.

Super Serg
09-11-2002, 09:13 PM
The best thing about this fig was that joke that A.J. just did above!
FUNNY!!!!

*SS*

Mace Windex
09-11-2002, 11:13 PM
What a HORRIBLE figure! Hasbro, you really messed up big time!
Her head is H U G E!!!
Hello Hasbro, if you are going to make a Padme doll make sure she is in the ripped clothes and is in proportion.
Mace

Jedi Master Silas
09-11-2002, 11:42 PM
The second pick sucks too. It looks like shes all baked out LOL.
Say no to crack Padme! Put down the pipe!

derek
09-12-2002, 12:53 AM
i prefer the non ripped shirt. if anyone want's that version, a pair of scissors would do the trick.:)

i plan on getting 2 so i can have it both ways.:)

Tycho
09-12-2002, 01:50 AM
I'd wait on that.

Hasbro will probably sell both versions to make more money off of it.

However, if you're going to buy 2 to have her both with a ripped shirt and the original version, why don't you just wait?

Either way you're buying 2 of the same character in a 12"

fourtwo
09-12-2002, 02:00 AM
why would you buy that? the head is massive!
elephant woman amidala.

jedibear
09-12-2002, 04:06 AM
I'm hoping this photo is just a proto-type....
It really is hidious....obviously, the real-scan was not used for this one! I'm hoping if this is the version we're getting that it also includes the shawl....but considering the first three jedi in the AOTC collection don't have their robes, it's kinda doubtful.
Sigh.
After receiving my Ki-Adi-Mundi and seeing how impressive he is, I can't help thinking Hasbro dropped the ball on this one....we'll see.

gibbspaulus
09-12-2002, 04:58 AM
SOPHIE ELLIS BEXTOR

OB1 Kenobi
09-12-2002, 08:42 AM
I sure hope they use the real-scan on this later on. That looks nothing like Padme!

Master Goeweins
09-12-2002, 02:56 PM
I bet when Anakin falls to the Dark Side, Padme will go 'ome and cry 'erself to sleep on 'er great big piller!

Heed! Pants! Now!

fourtwo
09-12-2002, 03:38 PM
i dunno, it seems to the head will make it top heavy and cause it to fall down

JediCole
09-12-2002, 07:19 PM
I had read only a few days ago that Padme was going to be given the 12" figure treatment and all I could think was..."Hopefully not another Zam Wessel"!

Well, needless to say, Hasbro is going to save me some bucks when it comes to 12" figures! This is by far one of the worst offerings EVER! I see no point in dwelling on the huge head and the tiny arms and hands, others have made an effective bid in that regard. Does Hasbro really think this thing looks good! Or right! Is LucasFilm so lax in their use of the "OK by George" stamp of approval that this monstrosity passed muster!

But then Zam Wessel signaled what we can expect of ALL femal characters in the 12" scale from Hasbro from hence forth (like the proported Oola figure). This is another fine example of Hasbro's "hit and miss" policy with regards to one of the best and longest running toy lines in history! Certainly the most sucessful licensed toy line in history. And yet they miss the mark at a rate of almost one in three times in the overall line. Another example of this is the Cantina playsets where three previously released characters were chosen to front what could have been a "Cantina Creature Revival". Only the impending presence of Kitik Keed Kak in the second wave can hope to save this offering. But sadly, due to the choice of rehashes over originals, it is unlikely that the Wal-Mart pegs will be choked with Wave 2 sets as they are with Wave 1, due to the fact that lacklustre sales will prompt smaller orders and collector demand will eat up what few sets do ship!

With so many petitions begun by fans entreating Hasbro to release more Cantina denizens or Jabba's Palace henchmen, or even obscure and often pointless characters like Cloud City's "Ice Cream Man", what we really need is a petition to Hasbro to upgrade the body choices for thier 12" female characters. They do themselves an extreme disservice by using fashion doll bodies and ultimatly loose a lot of sales. I know that both Zam Wessel and Padme Amidala in these incarnations will never grace my shelves. I sincerely doubt I am the only one who has been inspired to save my money for other 12" choices.

JediTricks
09-12-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by N-2PF

Right, JediTricks. Do not let mislead you by the perspective distortion caused by a photograph taken from above. Hasbro have used the usual body and the usual headsize, so Padme will look like this: Hmm, I don't think the original pic is an optical illusion, they shot straight-on about 7 or 8 inches from the "ground" I think. I believe all heads with rooted hair have one-up prototype heads (that means their heads are twice as large, whereas a two-up is 3 times as large) and then it gets taken down by half for production.

Your pic seems about right for what Hasbro will finally put out, but I think that'll still too big because Hasbro is using the wrong size of body for Padme. Padme's head should be narrower than her shoulders by quite a lot, but her body shouldn't be this tall and skinny (unless she's 6' and weighs 100 pounds ;)) so her melon will STILL be too large because it's in the wrong scale. Didn't we have another thread about this before from a different female figure?

Mini-Rock, you can't rip her outfit yourself? :D "EEK! A masher!" :eek: :crazed:

jedibear, I think they DID use realscan on this. Realscan isn't a direct transfer, it's only a guide and a starting point for Hasbro's designers. This looks way more like Natalie Portatoman than the Ep 1 versions to me. I think Hasbro just needs to get better designers for female 12" figures - they have shown far too often that they do NOT have that skill.

2-1B
09-13-2002, 12:44 AM
FORE !

Mind if I play through? I have this Padme Amidala golf tee . . . wait a minute, that's a 12" body and a huge noggin, NOT a golf ball.

*sigh* I quite agree with you JT, they need better designers on these female 12".
I'm really disapointed, because I just bought Dooku and he's awesome, and I would LOVE to get a 12" Padme fig, but this is just silly. I guess I was hoping they wouldn't use the Zam effect on this figure . . . I hoped wrong. :D

mini-rock
09-13-2002, 12:57 AM
you can't rip her outfit yourself?

I could, but I would like an official version from Hasbro. Every 12" figure I have is out of the box & posed, but altering the figure is more than I care to do.:)

PoweredConvoy
09-17-2002, 07:21 PM
I've noticed that EntertainmentEarth's webpage, 12" Ep2 Wave 3 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84940A&variation=&lg=1), that the picture of Padme is no longer present.

Now was the picture removed because Hasbro asked them to remove the it because Padme isn't final? I hope that's why.

Or is it because EE figures the figure looks too bad that they will get more sales without the picture on the webpage.

Any thoughts?

Randy Para aka Powered Convoy

derek
09-17-2002, 07:24 PM
if it's been removed, it has to be at hasbro's request. if EE were taking down photos of dumb looking toys to boost sales, that second version of anakin never would of made it on their site, no to mention that 12 inch rambo figure!:)

hasbro definately needs to use a smaller head and a better body(GI Jane!!!)

Clowntrooper
09-18-2002, 07:24 PM
It was posted yesterday on starwars.com and hasbro.com. But now it's gone. I enjoy a Barbie doll with the "official" likeness of the actress. Stop posting "bobble head", I'm tired of reading this.

Beast
09-18-2002, 07:52 PM
We would stop calling it a "bobble head" if they didn't make her look like a bobble head. Actually she looks more like a melon head, or bubble head. Either beef up the body some, or make the head smaller. Maybe the people that work on the 4" line, should start working on the 12" line also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Clowntrooper
09-18-2002, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JarJarBinks
[B]Maybe the people that work on the 4" line, should start working on the 12" line also. :)

That would be the worst thing. If you want that, just join over to the unleashed section!

Beast
09-18-2002, 08:13 PM
Well, atleast the 4" line can get scale correct pretty much all the time. I don't see any 4" figures that have giant melon heads like Zam or Padme. Let the 4" people get their paws on it for a while, and maybe we'll see more good figures in the 12" line like the Bounty Hunters, and less crap. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Clowntrooper
09-18-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Well, atleast the 4" line can get scale correct pretty much all the time. I don't see any 4" figures that have giant melon heads like Zam or Padme. Let the 4" people get their paws on it for a while, and maybe we'll see more good figures in the 12" line like the Bounty Hunters, and less crap. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

If you like pinheads, you will be served very well in the 4"-line. But for me 4"-Arena Padme is the definition of crap.

JediTricks
09-18-2002, 10:57 PM
IMO, the 4" division designs figures so differently from the 12" division that I doubt there's any way they could be compatible. However, I think because these are real likenesses, Hasbro uses a larger head than they should and ends up with nearly 1/5th-scale heads as the finished product (though this Padme we're talking about is clearly bigger than any other finished 12" head to date).

I think 12" division needs to scale the heads down to a smaller, more accurate size; and get the paint and facial details hammered out correctly so we don't have beards and eyes that are totally wrong. With companies like Sideshow Toys making 1/6th scale figures in likeness that are dead on with more accessories and better bodies and better outfits for only a few bucks more, Hasbro's 12" division needs to catch up to the times, the collectors deserve it and it will help increase sagging sales.

Beast
09-18-2002, 11:02 PM
True JT, but if they could mingle a little more in the designs or atleast in the face area I think they could do a really good job. I mean, if you look at the 12" line in comparison to the 4" line, sure both of them have their hits and misses. But the 12" line seems to have them alot more often, IMHO.

I pray that the picture of the 12" Padme was pulled from StarWars.Com and EE.Com, because it was a really early prototype picture. Just look at the 12" Bounty Hunters, they are some of the best 12" figures yet.

I wish all of the 12" looked as nice. Sure 4-LOM could have been better, but I am not going to complain to much. I hope that Hasbro does more 12" like them and Dooku, they may win me back to 12". I still need to sell all the 12" in my collection I don't like. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-20-2002, 02:57 PM
Ok, SW.com had the pic on their site today, so it's clearly not being pulled for inaccuracy.

This is what I think the figure *should* look like to have a normal-sized head for this character on that body. I left the current-sized head in the pic as well to show comparison, the new head is 20% smaller, that's right around an entire scale smaller! This is only photoshop work, but hopefully Hasbro can get her head to this size for real when the finished product hits stores - if not, this figure is gonna be a tough sell.

derek
09-20-2002, 03:35 PM
that's great work jeditricks. that mellon head really shows next to a properly scaled one. can you put some decent hands on her also.;)

i really wish sir steve would use his hasbro connections to get some answers on what's up with the 12 inch line. it's like a roller coaster of quality. i'd love to be able to read a decent Q&A with whoever makes the decisions.:)

here is a photo compairing zam's mellonhead to a properly scalled, hasbro made, GI Jane:

Beast
09-20-2002, 03:45 PM
I saw a Zam Wessel yesterday at Meijer's and I'm glad to see that they did make the head a little smaller then the original pictures we saw. Hopefully they do the same with Padme, and make it like the picture that JT attached. She will be a nice figure, if they can ditch the melon/potato head that the prototype has. :eek: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Clowntrooper
09-20-2002, 04:14 PM
You're wrong! Misleaded by the 4"-line.

Beast
09-20-2002, 04:18 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Does the attachment even have a point? *Is totally confused by Clowntrooper's postings* :crazed: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Sorry derek, the hands are doomed, nothing I can do. :D

I'll ask him and Thrawn to talk to their connections about 12" and see if we can get some feedback from big H - no promises though.

Nice pic of Zam vs Jane, while Jane suffers from giraffe neck, her head is pretty much spot-on for the 12" female Hasbro body (all you need to do is look at the shoulders in reference to the head, always telling), poor Zam seems to have a mega-head syndrome, elephantiasis of the cabeza. What body is she on at the moment, are the shoulders the same width as Zam's?

Clowntrooper, are you trying to say my picture is wrong because I was swayed by the 4" figure? If so, that's not the case, look at your pic of the real mccoy, it's much closer now to proper scale than Hasbro's original. Remember that the Hasbro body is 12"-scale to a 6' female body while Natalie Portatoman is only 5'2" tall. The head Hasbro is currently showing on the 12" figure is as wide as the shoulders, that'd be about twice as big as a normal human head!

BTW, why does Hasbro feel the need to change Padme's Ep 2 collar? Look at the 4" and 12" figures, they both have a tight collar with a little height to it, but in the film her collar is loose and has no height at all. Of course, she doesn't have a very long neck either so that may have something to do with manufacturing, but that would only excuse the 4" figure.

derek
09-20-2002, 05:21 PM
jeditricks,

that's a GI Jane body zam's head is on. i've ordered a custom purple jumpsuit for her. i just can't stand those painted purple barbie arms.:)

the jane neck dosen't look so long when the figure is dressed.

JediTricks
09-20-2002, 05:32 PM
Does Dragon still make their 12" scale clothes out of that micro-fiber stuff that's got smaller stitching and fibers to look more realistic? That'd kill the need for these long necks IMO, no need for a long neck if the clothes simply have thinner collars.

LMK how that Zam works out. Heck, maybe it'd just be better to take Zam's gear and put it on a totally new body AND head like 21st Century's female villain.

derek
09-20-2002, 05:41 PM
yea, dragon does make good quality 12 inch clothes, and they've just announced that it's going to get more realistic and thinner. how that will happen, i don't know.

as for their figure necks, they're fairly long.

the problem with putting zam's gear on a "matilda" figure is it probably won't fit well. i know for sure the helmet is too big. and the reason i've had to buy a custom jumpsuit is because the zam "barbie pants" won't fit a GI Jane body.

Clowntrooper
09-21-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Does the attachment even have a point?

It has.

Clowntrooper
09-21-2002, 12:37 PM
Clowntrooper, are you trying to say my picture is wrong because I was swayed by the 4" figure?

You got it. There may be hope. I'll give it another try.

Clowntrooper
09-21-2002, 12:42 PM
For authenticity

Clowntrooper
09-21-2002, 12:49 PM
For resolution

Clowntrooper
09-21-2002, 12:51 PM
For beauty

Clowntrooper
09-21-2002, 12:54 PM
For understanding

derek
09-21-2002, 01:12 PM
those are good comparisons clowntrooper.:)

i think the "for resolution" one is most a accurate representation of natalie portman, but the "for beauty" one looks the best.:)

Beast
09-21-2002, 02:06 PM
For the post padding. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
09-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Clowntrooper, please use more words when explaining yourself, this series of pics makes almost no sense and your text adds nothing to them. On the 3rd pic, you put "enlarged to 12" scale" but that's inaccurate. She is enlarged to 12", true, but that's no longer her height scale, she'd now in scale with being 6' tall. In either event though, the mega-melon clearly doesn't apply to any sense of accuracy, and the body doesn't apply to any sense of scale (since she'd have to be 6' tall and about 90 pounds to look like this figure's current body).

Beast
09-21-2002, 04:52 PM
JT, there is a new picture up now that says "Work in Progress". It appears also that the head is already a more correct size compared to the one we saw earlier this week. Here is a link, and I'll attach as well. Looks like maybe Hasbro will have her in decent shape when she's released. First a link to the original version with the melon head, and then one to the new more human sized head. :)

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/09/img/12inch_padme_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews/imgs/Padme12Inch_lg.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
09-21-2002, 04:59 PM
looks to me like hasbro just used jeditricks photo, or stole his idea.;)

if hasbro is listening, i'll send them a photo of a GI Jane body so they can add that to padme.;)

seriously, i've heard almost nothing but negative comments on this figure on the 4 forums i visit on a regular basis. hopefully hasbro has heard some of this and will fix padme before we see her in stores in january.:)

now how about re-doing that anakin......:evil:

Beast
09-21-2002, 05:06 PM
If they use a similar body to the 12" Leia: Slave Girl or the 12" Leia: Celebration, I don't see a big problem. Sure a more poseable body would be nice. But as long as they ditch the melon/potato head then I'll be happy. And if they give her the cape, I may actually buy her. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Clowntrooper
09-21-2002, 08:46 PM
More words for the blind

The Amidalas.pdf (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=178039) allows to compare the headsize in relation to the overall size, therefore all heads are equal sized.

(From the left to the right)

The 4" (first) is a monstrosity, your head shrinked collage (second) shows a long legged photo model proportioned thing but not Natalie (third). The Hasbro one (fourth) shows the right headsize compared to the overall size.

The Amidalas-2.pdf (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=178395) shows the different ways to get the proportions right
(from the left to the right)

Your head shrinked collage (first), named "JediTrick's head : shoulders" - refering to your attempt to correct your displeasure about

The head Hasbro is currently showing on the 12" figure is as wide as the shoulders

If you shorten the extremly long legs it becomes the second picture (named "Legs : body proportions"- because now the legs have the right lenght in comparison to the overall size), it is now no 12"-figure anymore, but a 10"-figure.

Just blow her (115 %) up to 12". (third, named "enlarged to 12" scale") This picture has the right proportioned 12"-scale head!

The same head put on the Hasbro body (fourth) may look "melon-like" to your eyes. But that is the fault of the body, the head is allright.

For a closer look I added higher resolution pics of the four mentioned above:

Amidala-1.pdf (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=178399) For authenticity: It's exactly your "artwork"

Amidala-2.pdf (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=178401) For resolution: I shortened the legs on Amidala-1.pdf by keeping the size at same resolution.

Amidala-3.pdf (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=178402) For beauty: I blow up Amidala-2.pdf to match the 12".

Amidala-4.pdf (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=178403) For understanding: I took the head of Amidala-3.pdf and put it on the body of Amidala-1.pdf. Amidala-4.pdf is what we get from Hasbro compare it to the new official Hasbro prototype-work-in-progress (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=178484) picture JarJarBinks posted above.

Do not tell me 5,2 ' Natalie needs a 10,4" figure. This is no 1:6 sculpture, but should become a 12"-doll like the others.

allenj456
09-22-2002, 02:11 PM
uhhhmmm ok.:confused:

Sinister Lord
09-23-2002, 12:49 PM
Kudos! I really like this Clowntrooper version of Padme:

"Beauty" modified version (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=178402)

Notice the proper scaling of the body and neck to the head and the better gripping hands. This is essentially what Hasbro would get if they used the "GI Jane" body for this figure. It looks awesome, and it truly becomes what it should be... an "action figure".

IG65
09-23-2002, 02:52 PM
I agree Sinister Lord.

Thanks for the extended explanation Clowntrooper. It's nice to be able to walk through your thought process with you. :cool:

Sinister Lord
09-25-2002, 11:51 AM
In my opinion, Hasbro got it "right" with the female 12" Star Wars figure three times... shown here in this side by side comparison:

Three Princess Leia's comparison (http://e2stuff.homestead.com/files/3leias.jpg)

I would think they would have seen these as a success, and learned from that. Unfortunately, it seems that they didn't, and they have "Barbie-ized" many of the new females. I hope they fix this problem soon, before there are too many more tragedies, like Zam Wesell , which was an absolute disaster. Come on Hasbro! Get with it! These are action figures (aka boys toys), not Barbie dolls.

Jedi Master Silas
11-13-2002, 05:41 AM
Heres the Padme in box...she doesnt look as bad as I thought she would....maybe its just the box LOL

derek
11-13-2002, 10:11 AM
well, my faith in this figure is restored. i like this head sculpt now. i'll get a few of these figures, for customizing.:) thanks JMS for the photo.

mini-rock
11-13-2002, 10:36 AM
OK what's up with the pose? Does anyone else here think "Saturday Night Fever" too?:p

JediTricks
11-13-2002, 09:36 PM
Still looks like mega-melon to me, but a little toned down at least. Are her cheeks pink though? What is this, "Use the Force" Hello Kitty? And there's another issue that seems a bit overinflated, but for the sake of good taste, I'll let it slide.

Jedi Master Silas
11-15-2002, 08:17 PM
Sideview.....

mini-rock
11-16-2002, 12:33 AM
Doesn't Padme know it's not polite to point?:p

There JT. I did it for ya.:D

JediTricks
11-16-2002, 01:19 AM
... riiiiiight.

:D

Seriously though, it's not as bad from the side as from the front. What's with the hair's bun though?

Thanks for sharing the pics JMS!

Exhaust Port
11-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Holy smokes her hands are small.

She must be a carney/circus folk? ;)

Tycho
11-19-2002, 04:40 AM
I don't know if I should have started a new thread, but this seems to be the crowd to discuss Padme with, so....

What other Padme figures do you guys want?

I like to pose my opened 12" with other characters I want and hope they make figures of.

For Captain Typho 12": Padme Pilot 12"

For Chancellor Palpatine 12": Padme Senator 12"

For JarJar 12" : Mini-Mouse hair Padme (this one I could live without)

For the Lars Family 12" (we can wish): Padme Tatooine (dinner table scene)

I'd also love the backless dress Padme (kiss by the lake), the black leather Padme (we could keep it a secret), and the meadows Padme (you're making fun of me).

I actually have one extra Anakin 12" just in case they make one of these 3, and I'd buy 2 more Anakin's to go with her other wardrobe offerings she wears when she's alone with him, too.

Unfortunately, I'll be getting all 1st series Anakins, because I don't think much of the new one for next year with the droid hand. The face doesn't look that good in pics I've seen.

However, if the Padme head-size problem could be compensated for, wouldn't you like to see a return of the Portrait Edition style 12inchers and see Padme's other outfits offered?

allenj456
11-22-2002, 03:05 PM
i would so much rather have the portrait edition. I bought all of those and they are my 12" faves- I wish they would open it up too other characters too. Im tired of crappy 12". We have like 1 arguably 2 -3 decent 12" from AOTC