Thunderstorm1
08-30-2002, 03:34 PM
Just saw this on the hasbro site.

Follow this link"

http://starwars.hasbro.com/toyshowcase/item.cfm?sku=84968

What does everyone think of this?

Darth Vellner
08-30-2002, 03:40 PM
That is the Ep.1 yoda.............I don't have a problem with that,Because it lets those who missed him the first time around get him now. And those who do customes can use the chair and the figure....

Thunderstorm1
08-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Is it the exact same or is it different. According to the Hasbro site this one is not due out till Dec '02/Jan '03.

Also says it is from the AOTC movie?

Just wondering, the head looks a little different to me.

Darth Vellner
08-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Yea, The head is a little different looking......It look more like the Ep. 1 puppet! It does not look like yoda in AOTC...Hmmmm???

Lord Tenebrous
08-30-2002, 03:53 PM
Rah. Repainted Yoda...but he has a LIGHTSABER!

:Pirate:

JediTricks
08-30-2002, 04:11 PM
"Malibu Stacy with new hat!"

Jargo
08-30-2002, 04:32 PM
That's what you get for employing spider monkeys to run the star wars section website

And if this is a re-release then Hasbro suck and blow mightily my boys, oh yes they do.... the damn thing wasn't even any good first time round.

But there was a rumbling recently about a december Yoda release. If this is it then big woopy doodoo happy christmas boys and girls enjoy your Yoda novelty cracker filler.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-30-2002, 04:42 PM
MY GOD, I sure hope the final product looks better than this. Hey, at least I don't have to make a Council diorama chair for Even Piell now. The head sculpt is gunky junk, as is the rest of the body's paint job.

Prince Xizor
08-30-2002, 04:49 PM
I thought the Episode I Yoda sucked, and this one is too. They better have just stuck a picture of the old one up there because they don't have a new one. I doubt it though, this is Hasbro we are talking about.

Lord Tenebrous
08-30-2002, 04:59 PM
For those of you who don't know where your Episode 1 Yoda is, here's a comparison of the paint schemes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-30-2002, 05:23 PM
"Okay, children, time to show me your clay sculptures!"
"I made a Yoda! I painted it myself and everything!"
"Why, that's wonderful, Bobby!"

And that is how the new Yoda figure came to be. ;)

stad
08-30-2002, 05:38 PM
For a limited time, get your re-hash Episode 1 Yoda, now with bending and sitting action!

tagmac
08-30-2002, 06:03 PM
I hope that's just a prototype, cuz it looks awful pathetic.

The True Maul
08-30-2002, 06:22 PM
I agree with Tagmac, I hope thats just a prototype because it's the same EPI repainted with chair and then add a lightsaber!! :)

The Overlord Returns
08-30-2002, 06:37 PM
Could this not have been a yoda with floating chair?

Or meditation yoda?

Or standing with cane in two hands yoda?

Unexpected this is.........and unfortunate.

Jargo
08-30-2002, 06:42 PM
I just hate the figure period. I hate the way his feet are at the top of his robes when he's sitting a nd I hate the pointy sleeves that have shoulder articulation but can't really be posed because with those pointy sleeves it looks dumb. I hate the waist bend. I hate his hands that won't hold a damn thing because one is a clenched fist and the other is a strange claw like he has arthritis. The head was ok but it's still episode one Yoda and it stinks as far as Yoda goes. AOTC Yoda at least looks like Yoda. This looks like one of santas elves gone puke green.
And the chair isn't deep enough to hold him seated properly. stinky pants full of this figure is...

Oh yeah, forgot *adopts childish sarcastic whiny tone of voice* "don't buy it if you don't like it" Don't fret, I have no intention of buying I was just overstating my opinion. Such as I'm entitled to. And in response, i say don't read me if you don't like what i say or how i say it. Thank you and goodnight.

hango fett
08-30-2002, 06:55 PM
this discrases the name of "yoda!" it looks like poodoo! bad hasbro, very very very very bad! if i had a heavy box and new who th clown was who thought this pice of plastic up, i would bean him in the head with that heavy box full of the 1st and best saga yoda.
h

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-30-2002, 07:09 PM
*cough*not another rehash*cough*

The least they could do is give it Deluxe Saga Yoda's head.

Sinister Lord
08-30-2002, 09:23 PM
I already got that figure... try again Hasbro.

Battle Droid
08-30-2002, 10:04 PM
Oh Goody, another rehash.:rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
08-30-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
"Malibu Stacy with new hat!"

My thoughts exactly JT:D

I'll just skip this one..the Yodas out now are fine for me.Call me when Yoda gets 2 legs.:zzz:

stad
08-30-2002, 10:25 PM
This is worse than a re-hash, this is the same (basically) Ep. 1 figure released on a Saga card. This sucks!

thespar
08-30-2002, 10:29 PM
thinks for letting us know all the otjher new figs are on the list also.

KingOfSting
08-30-2002, 10:42 PM
i like it...seriously...im gonna buy this one...even though it really is horrible theres still something about it that i like...but why doesnt he have a new head? damn it, it cant be that hard for hasbro to put deluxe yodas head on that body...grr..i honestly would not be surprise if the new mace windu turned out to be the mail away EP 1windu excpet with a new lightsaber, and a new paint job

rynobot
08-30-2002, 11:31 PM
he looks like he's high. ;)

stad
08-30-2002, 11:46 PM
Okay, looking at the Ep. 1 Yoda, this is so blatant, I'm just going to pray someone hacked into the Star Wars site and this is a joke....

Just not a funny one.

Darth Vellner
08-31-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by stad
This is worse than a re-hash, this is the same (basically) Ep. 1 figure released on a Saga card. This sucks!

Same figure on a different card??...and that sucks????

that was the great thing about old school Kenner
Star Wars card - Luke
Empire Card - Luke
Jedi Card - Luke

How meny lukes did we have and lose, And then replaced
If not for rerelease's on the next movies card lots of us would not have the Vintage Collections that we do, Because we lost our first and second then we replaced them later with the jedi card luke.....:greedy: :crazed: ;)

bigbarada
08-31-2002, 12:07 AM
Terrible figure! Sooooo, when did Hasbro just lose total interest in the Star Wars line? Look at all the rehashed garbage we have been offered recently!:mad:

Unless it is a "clever" ploy to make the 3 3/4" line so detestable that we have no choice but to buy their Unleashed statues. :rolleyes:

patchiswelsh
08-31-2002, 04:37 AM
It is very much like the E1 one!!!

Darth Vellner
08-31-2002, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by patchiswelsh
It is very much like the E1 one!!!

NO WAY DUDE!:)

rynobot
08-31-2002, 04:43 AM
it just the sage figure with the E1 head painted green.

hango fett
08-31-2002, 06:30 AM
i seriously hope that someone messed up on the site. otherwise, they are going to be losing some collectors....and if it is the real thing, then they will probably make it really hard to find.....buttheads!
h

evenflow
08-31-2002, 08:11 AM
I think this "new" Yoda is terrible. Why can't we get a really good Yoda like the vintage one.

droidekas2
08-31-2002, 09:43 AM
!!Wow!!!This is just another one of those great figure/ideas that Hasbro comes up with!!I couldnt find Attack of the Clones Yoda, so of course I'll buy this instead!!I've forgotten that I already bought it a few years back!!

Lots of awesome characters to be made and we get more crap.

"oh yeah, the 'kids' will just love this. They are the market"
"oh, I forgot this is a movie year, so this is the kind of stuff that they put out"

Zooker
08-31-2002, 10:11 AM
It has to be a new one because it has a lightsaber

JEDIpartner
08-31-2002, 10:11 AM
Can you say "Ki Adi Mundi?" :frus:

Jargo
08-31-2002, 10:58 AM
Ki adi mondo.... ka adder mindy..... Kia diamondy....

no, I guess I can't say it..... :D

Woo!

bigbarada
08-31-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Zooker
It has to be a new one because it has a lightsaber

You are being sarcastic, of course.

:confused:

Val Da Car
08-31-2002, 12:34 PM
I think Ep2 Yoda would kick Ep1 Yoda puppet butt all over the jedi Temple!!!!

Nuff said

Chiesa
08-31-2002, 12:56 PM
I think I would still end up getting the new Yoda just to complete my collection... But one thing is for sure... I aren't too happy about the way it looks... Though the lightsabre would be really cool!! hahaha...

Cheers
:D

Jek Porky 2002
08-31-2002, 04:42 PM
Give it a chance, I like the idea, but we'll come back to that later. If you look carefully they have not put any hair on it yet and also there is no skin texturing on the face, I think that they have put a picture of the Episode I version to tide us over untill they have a better example.

The reason I think it's a good idea is that, I'm hoping it's the first of a line of Jedi Council members in chairs, of course we want them with lightsabers and in there Arena postures, but after that I hope we start to get them in chairs, something I have been praying for for a long time!

This is what I hope they do with the remaining Jedi Councilors that we need:
Coleman Trebor (Jedi Master) with Lightsaber in attacking pose
Adi Gallia (Jedi Master) with Lightsaber in attacking pose
Even Piell (Jedi Master) with lightsaber in attacking pose
Oppo Rancisis (Jedi Master) with lightsaber in attacking pose
Depa Billaba (Jedi Master) with lightsaber in attacking pose
Eeth Koth (Arena Battle) (EpII) with Lsaber in white robes
Yareal Poof (Jedi Master) with lightsaber in pose
Yaddle (Jedi Master) with Lightsaber in pose

Then:
Yoda (Jedi Council) with chair
Mace Windu (Jedi Council) with chair

And so on and so forth, you get my drift, Jedi in scene specific poses are nice, but I would love to have a Jedi Council all lined out on my desk!

Mar10Sir
08-31-2002, 05:05 PM
Scratch it put of production, I say.

Unless, of course, they do a NEW sculpt and pitch in his floating chair.

corporal AMF
08-31-2002, 10:58 PM
CRAPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!
GARBAGE:::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We only need a Yoda that can hold a lightsaber with both hands......only that...............
C'mon Hasblo is that so difficult?..........after making a re-hash of the massif with a tusken......what are going to get?
Red Battel droid & STAP ?? Sio Bibble from AOTC...?? a new Mas AMedda?????????????
:(:(:(

jdmarlow
08-31-2002, 11:00 PM
Why is hasbro re-hashing this figure?! Just cause he has a little less hair and a lightsaber now. It is garbage. I don't want to spend my money on a figure I bought three years ago.

corporal AMF
08-31-2002, 11:03 PM
Believe me....I'm collecting also 1/6 military figures....and Hasblo 1/6 (GI Joe) seems to be customer un-friendly.....I don't know who runs this company but anyone here must have at least 5 better ideas than this guys..............

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:03 PM
What is sad is that some people believed taht Hasbo cares about the collectors. :(

corporal AMF
08-31-2002, 11:11 PM
:D :D :D :D :D Don't spoil me I had hope at least there was someone with a heart for collector is Haasblo

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:22 PM
Woudn't it be crazy if they were the next coprate scandal we hera about on the news? This wouldn't be a good thing but it wouldn't suprise me one bit. :)

corporal AMF
08-31-2002, 11:29 PM
oops.........

tagmac
09-01-2002, 12:12 AM
This is one Yoda that the scalpers can have! The rest of us collectors will spend our money elsewhere, like on ANY OTHER FIGURE!

bigbarada
09-01-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by rynobot
What is sad is that some people believed taht Hasbo cares about the collectors. :(

Only in the non-movie years and even then it is debatable. I personally cannot wait until there are no more Star Wars films left to ruin the toy line and we can get back to simply high quality, non-gimmicky product like in the POTJ line. Although with the crap Hasbro has pulled recently, I don't foresee the line lasting much longer.:cry:

rynobot
09-01-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Only in the non-movie years and even then it is debatable. I personally cannot wait until there are no more Star Wars films left to ruin the toy line and we can get back to simply high quality, non-gimmicky product like in the POTJ line. Although with the crap Hasbro has pulled recently, I don't foresee the line lasting much longer.:cry:

What sucks is that Hasbro's mismangement of the toy lines will mean the end of SW toys after the movies. :(

TylerD
09-01-2002, 02:40 AM
Well.....just think of the figures that we got during the the POTJ line (a FEAST for collectors!)....which was between EPI and EPII.....

Ellors Madak
Amanaman
Ketwol
Bo Shek
FX-7
B-Wing with B-wing Pilot
At-ST with Paploo
K-3PO
Eeth Koth
IG-88.....and a whole lot of other WAY cool figures.

I guess what I am trying to say is that after the interest in EPII has passed (and after EPIII for that matter) Hasbro will once again start releasing quality figures that the collectors love. The truth is that once kids lose interest after Star Wars is gone, Hasbro's whole customer base will be mainly collectors. They should be producing quality figures right now, but most kids would rather buy a "rehashed" Yoda than an obscure alien figure. In fact, most kids buying this Yoda figure probably don't even know that the same exact figure was released three years ago. The only good thing to look forward to that has been confirmed is Ephant Mon...can't wait for him!!!

Have patience in Hasbro. They will eventually come through for us in the end...

jedihunter25
09-01-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by TylerD
The truth is that once kids lose interest after Star Wars is gone, Hasbro's whole customer base will be mainly collectors. They should be producing quality figures right now, but most kids would rather buy a "rehashed" Yoda than an obscure alien figure. In fact, most kids buying this Yoda figure probably don't even know that the same exact figure was released three years ago.
I think the kids have already lost interest in SW toys. It doesn't take long for kids these days with Harry Potter and the next Pokemon,it all depends on what's new.Plus I think that Hasbro has disapointed them too.

Tycho
09-01-2002, 12:16 PM
YODA HAS 2 LEGS!!! - When will a figure show that? Huh Hasbro?

Enough said!

Turbowars
09-01-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
That's what you get for employing spider monkeys to run the star wars section website

And if this is a re-release then Hasbro suck and blow mightily my boys, oh yes they do.... the damn thing wasn't even any good first time round.

But there was a rumbling recently about a december Yoda release. If this is it then big woopy doodoo happy christmas boys and girls enjoy your Yoda novelty cracker filler. Damn Jargo you crack me up!But your are 110% correct. Hasbro blows right now. What going on. It seems that Hasbro has no interest in the SW line. What will it take?? How about some kind of threat. Like wewont buy any more toys until they get their sh-t together. Yah right LOL

neimoidian85
09-01-2002, 08:48 PM
One thing worse than a rehash is a rehash with a worse paint job than the original!

Jayspawn
09-02-2002, 01:00 AM
I'm not too impressed with the re-tooled Yoda. W've seen him before. BUT, it is Yoda and not another Darth Maul, Obi-Wan or Anakin. Personally, I like the paint job on this Yoda than the EPI version. Looks more like the green Jedi Master.

rynobot
09-02-2002, 01:15 AM
Well they still haven't given us a AOTC Yoda with the right hair colour or two legs and a normal facial expressian. :(

jedi_uk73
09-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Not sure if this has already been disgussed, but I just looked over on Sir Steves homepage, and seen a pic for the new SAGA Yoda Jedi Council figure.

This looks exactly like the Episode I version, just different colour robes and comes with a lightsaber apparently, it doesn't even look like the SAGA versions we already have.

What does everyone else think of this ??

Janzeke Khan
09-09-2002, 12:09 PM
lol It is the same, It looks like they resculped the Head but yep, it the TPM yoda.......BOOTLEG!!!!!!

Darth Detori
09-09-2002, 12:26 PM
now WHY couldn't they have just given us a yoda with tons of leg articulation and soft goods, and the jedi meditation seat???

stad
09-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Yoda with the levitation seat would have been 100 times better than this re-hash piece of garbage! Even better, they could have resculpted more than the head, Yoda has TWO legs!

Darth Sidious
09-09-2002, 02:12 PM
It looks like that Saga Ki-Adi (Rehash) all over again....Hasbro, instead of this, give us the Tonnika Sisters and stuff. Do we really need this? I say no.

OriginalBryGuy
09-09-2002, 02:27 PM
Yoda with the levitation seat would have been 100 times better than this re-hash piece of garbage!

I couldn't agree more! That would have been a much better choice. The Yoda Jedi Council figure almost looks fake tho, like something someone might do with some sculpey. Anyone..anyone?

hango fett
09-09-2002, 02:28 PM
this is a discrase to yoda's name! it looks like ****! i hope that is the prototyoe of it and they improve DRAMATICLY on it. :mad:
h

stad
09-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Or at the very, very, very, least, improve their painting skills!

sith_killer_99
09-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Is Yoda forever doomed to have just 1 leg?:eek:

thespar
09-09-2002, 09:40 PM
i think he will only have one leg for the rest of his live.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-09-2002, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't mind an ESB yoda with pots, cane and maybe backpack for Dagobah Luke? Then we would need a Dagobah Luke w/ Soft goods coat (removeable), blaster and saber. I'm drooling now...excuse me..

Jayspawn
09-10-2002, 12:31 AM
I think the Yoda looks ok. I'm not overly impressed. I don't mind that Yodas are sculpted with 1 leg. But 2 would be something different.

allenj456
09-10-2002, 09:21 AM
The more Hasbro screws up- the more we keep buying. I think they know it ****es us off but they also know we are going to buy it anyway so they do it all the same.

RooJay
09-10-2002, 03:14 PM
I'm filing this one away with stuff like the Cantina Aliens sets, the accessory set figures, Saga Ki-Adi, the Saga Action Fleet, Endor Rebel troop builder set (the Stormtrooper I can understand; they're all supposed to have the same head!), and so on, and so forth. Just plain lack of appreciation on Hasbro's part; lack of appreciation for the license, lack of appreciation for the kids, and especially, lack of appreciation for us fans.

Lyet
09-11-2002, 11:12 AM
It must be nice to be able to put poop in a package and sell it for $4.99!

corporal AMF
09-11-2002, 05:09 PM
I won't buy anyway

Sidiously Darth
09-11-2002, 05:29 PM
I can see why someone would buy this figure b/c they didn't get the TPM version, but honestly, that sculpt is so not Yoda. They should at least change the head.

What it comes down to, Hasbro can reproduce any figure it wants. That's why no figure should ever be limited or hard to find.

The True Maul
09-11-2002, 06:24 PM
I agree Sidiously Darth, that Yoda is definetaly not him!!:D

Chiesa
09-12-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
I can see why someone would buy this figure b/c they didn't get the TPM version, but honestly, that sculpt is so not Yoda. They should at least change the head.

What it comes down to, Hasbro can reproduce any figure it wants. That's why no figure should ever be limited or hard to find.

True true... to be perfectly fair to everyone... things should be done this way... But like many of the complains I read... Why does Yoda still have 1 leg? :) Is it really that difficult to let him have more articulation on the legs or what??

Cheers :crazed:

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-14-2002, 09:48 AM
I missed out on TPM Yoda so I'm in the run for this also I'm a completest and would like to get all the New Saga products