PDA

View Full Version : Which Dvds Will You Buy?

JesusFreak
09-09-2002, 03:16 PM
There are plenty of Dvds coming out this year, which one's will you get? Me...

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Men in Black: Deluxe Edition
Gremlins: Special Edition
Lilo and Stitch
Monsters Inc.
Spider-Man

Those are all definites, and this is a list of possiblities....

Back to the Future Trilogy
Men In Black II
Scooby-Doo
The Hobbit
Ice Age
E.T.

Now it's your turn

derek
09-09-2002, 04:32 PM
1. episode 2
2. FOTR expanded set
3. back to the future trilogy
4. band of brothers box set
5. x-files season 6

ROLLO!

Pendo
09-09-2002, 05:25 PM
Ep 2 (widesrceen and fullscreen)
Ep 1 (fullscreen)
Ep2 and Ep1 Region 1 (widescreen)
Spider-Man
LOTR Extended
Red Dwarf Series I (This would probably be on JJB's list, but it isn't out there until next year :D;))
MIIB
E.T. SE
The 51st State
Minority Report

PENDO!

Beast
09-09-2002, 07:23 PM
October, November, and December are a joy and painful on the pocket. Especially Novemeber, since it has large boxsets that I really want. But here's what I have on my must buy list. A few of them may get dropped, because I need to get a new computer soon. And yes Pendo, quit rubbing Red Dwarf in my nose. :p :)

October:
Beauty and the Beast (Platinum Edition) 10/8
Jason goes to Hell 10/8
Jason X (Platinum Series) 10/8
Farscape Vol 2.3 10/8
E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial (Ultimate Gift Set) 10/22
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (Special Edition) 10/22
Eight Legged Freaks (WS) (Special Edition) 10/29

November:
Spider-Man (Limited Edition Gift Set) 11/1
Babylon 5: The Complete First Season 11/5
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Gift Set) 11/12
South Park: The Complete First Season 11/12
Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones (WS) 11/12
I Spit On Your Grave (Millenium Edition) 11/26

December:
Minority Report 12/2
Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy 12/17

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
09-09-2002, 07:34 PM
Here's what I plan to buy so far.

Changing Lanes
The Count of Monte Cristo
Grease
Monsters Inc.
Panic Room - Superbit
Snatch - Superbit
True Romance - Directors Cut
Scorpion King
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Beauty and the Beast
E.T.
Star Trek 3
Sum of All Fears
Spiderman
Lord of the Rings - Extended
Reign of Fire
Star Wars EP2
Minority Report
Spirit
Undercover Brother
Ice Age
MIB2
Bourne Identity
BTTF Trilogy
Spy Kids 2
xXx
Lilo & Stitch
PPG Movie

Thats it so far, but I often change my mind at the last minute.

MikeAndTheBots
09-09-2002, 08:19 PM
A lot of stuff I need to get...

Pulp Fiction SE
Jackie Brown SE
Resivour Dogs
Spider-Man
FOTR (extended)
AOTC
24 season 1

2-1B
09-10-2002, 02:15 AM
Attack of the Clones
Goldmember
The Count of Monte Cristo
Jason Goes to Hell
E.T.
Back to the Future

I haven't decided on Spider-Man yet, if I do get it it won't be right away . . . same goes for Monsters, Inc. but I'll get it before Spidey. :)

I'm content with my 2disc LOTR, so I'll borrow the super duper version from a friend to see all of the extras . . .

Darth Vellner
09-10-2002, 02:24 AM
Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones (WS)
E.T.- The Extra-Terrestrial
Spiderman
Lord of the Rings
Pulp Fiction SE
Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy
Goldmember

187-Maul
09-10-2002, 01:04 PM
I guess all I will buy is Episode 2: Attack of the Clones...

El Chuxter
09-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Super-Mack Daddy-O Spider-Man (cheaper than getting SM and the Stan Lee DVD separately)

Kick-Butt Ninja-Class LOTR:FOTR collection (a Christmas present for my girlfriend)

Extra-Super-Fragilistics ET (could care less about most of the extras, and I have the soundtrack, but I want the original version)

PowerPuff Girls (never got to see it in the theaters, grumble grumble)

Monsters Inc (already ordered)

Beauty and the Beast (already ordered)

Ichabod and Mr Toad (comes free with B&TB)

Back to the Future trilogy

Grease (another gift for my girlfriend, this time for her birthday--personally, I hate the movie and everything related to it)

Minority Report (didn't see it either, but Spielberg's normally a pretty safe bet to buy instead of renting)

As much as I loved Lilo & Stitch, I'll probably wait since there's a rumor (which I know of thanks to JesusFreak! :D) of an expanded edition next year.

Also, I might get that new Star Wars movie. . . uh, what's it called again? :crazed:

Jek Porky 2002
09-10-2002, 05:06 PM
The Office Series 1- 14/10
The Simpsons: Treehouse Of Horror- 28/10
Star Wars: Episode II: x2- 11/11
Star Wars: Episode I: P&S- 11/11
Futurama: Season 2- 11/11
The League Of Gentlemen: Christmas Special- 25/11
The Simpsons: Season 3- 2/12

sith_killer_99
09-10-2002, 10:37 PM
Which Star Wars DVD's will I buy???

Well, you know the old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted...

Yep, I will buy...

All of them!:D

JesusFreak
09-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Well I can't edit my post so here are a few more for me

Definite:
Beauty and the Beast: Platinum Edition

Maybe:
Mickey's House of Villains
Return to Neverland

SirSteve
09-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones (WS)
E.T.
Spiderman
Lord of the Rings (Gift Set)
Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy
Panic Room
MIB2
South Park: The Complete First Season
History of Beavis and Butthead 2 disc set (located here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006DXXW/sirstsguidetosta/103-7140234-1476666) if anyone is interested since I haven't seen it mentioned)

Beast
09-11-2002, 12:00 AM
A friend online is picking "History of Beavis and Butthead" up. I'll wait and hear what they say about it before I make it a must buy. It sucks that they couldn't include the music videos due to rights problems. BTW Sir Steve, don't go thru Amazon.com. Their prices are among the most expensive. Lemme check prices online for you. :)

Amazon.com = $26.24 + Free Shipping. :(
DeepDiscountDVD.com = 25.19 + Free Shipping. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
09-11-2002, 01:22 AM
$1.05 is not a deep discount. :p

Hey, what's the deal with all of these Simpsons titles? Season 3 in December? Yeah, that will be on my list if it's true.

Treehouse of Horror DVD? That confuses me . . . part 1 is on Season 2, is it a UK release, Jek?

I snagged The Count of Monte Cristo today, I can't wait to watch it again !

:)

Beast
09-11-2002, 01:31 AM
$1.05 isn't bad, especially if you order alot of DVD's. Plus who knows, the price at a B&M store may be cheaper on release day. But generally, Deep Discount DVD is the cheapest. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
09-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Hey, what's the deal with all of these Simpsons titles? Season 3 in December? Yeah, that will be on my list if it's true.

Treehouse of Horror DVD? That confuses me . . . part 1 is on Season 2, is it a UK release, Jek?

First of all, Treehouse of Horror is definate, it's a four-episode disc, with Episodes: Treehouse Of Horror 5, 6, 7 and 12.

Next up Season 3, the websites The Simpsons Archive and dvdorchard.com claim that Season 3 is due for release in December, but nothings certain.

master jedi
09-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Here's my list for the year:

Spiderman
AOTC
TPM
LOTR (Extended)

Possibly:
Monsters Inc.
Back to the Future trilogy

Battle Droid
09-12-2002, 10:03 PM
Probably just Attack of the Clones.

Jek Porky 2002
09-14-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
Possibly:
Monsters Inc.

Has Monsters inc. not been released in America yet? It was released last Saturday (7/9/02), in England.

QLD
09-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Beauty and the Beast
AOTC
Undercover Brother
LOTR Extended

JesusFreak
09-14-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Has Monsters inc. not been released in America yet? It was released last Saturday (7/9/02), in England.

Monsters Inc. comes out next Tuesday, September 17th. It sounds like a great dvd, can't wait :)

Pendo
09-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Monsters, Inc was released here last week. I got it the day it was released, GREAT DVD :D! Well the 2-disk version anyway. Here it was released in a single disk version with just the movie on it, or a 2 disk version. The only thing I can't stand is when you find an easter egg the director always says "Hey, you found our easter egg." It's quite annoying :mad:.
Does anyone know if the Breathing Trailer is on it, it would be a cool easter egg as the Breathing Trailer was originally shown with Monsters Inc. :)

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
09-17-2002, 04:47 AM
What's the latest on a Goldmember DVD, is there any news yet?

scruffziller
09-17-2002, 06:18 AM
The Rest of the ST:NG DVD seasons.
AOTC
LOTR 5 disc set aka Gift Set
Back To the Future Triliogy
complete the Friday the 13th saga
get pts 3,4,5,7,8,9,10

JesusFreak
09-17-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
What's the latest on a Goldmember DVD, is there any news yet?

Right now IGN has it listed as a December 3rd release, but it could change anytime.

JesusFreak
09-19-2002, 11:43 PM
Changed my mind, lol....

Definites
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Beauty and the Beast: Platinum Edition
Mickey's House of Villains
Return to Neverland
Lilo and Stitch
Spider-Man

Maybe
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Extended Edition
Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Men in Black: Deluxe Edition

Can't think of any more right now

Jayspawn
09-20-2002, 12:27 PM
I'll definatly get...

A Hard Day's Night
Mr. Deeds
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock Ultimate Edition
E.T.
James Bond 007 DVD Set
Spiderman
Lord of the RIngs Expanded Edition
Star Wars Episode II: Attak of the Clones
Men In Black II
Ice Age
Back to the Future Trilogy

El Chuxter
09-20-2002, 03:32 PM
Hey! What happened to the History of B&B? I was looking forward to it after learning about it here, but it seems to have vanished? :confused:

Anyone planning to get the "looks exactly like the one from a year ago" Citizen Kane Special Edition DVD? :crazed:

Beast
09-20-2002, 03:38 PM
The History of Beavis and Butthead was cancelled, due to unexplained reasons. All the retailers were ordered to return the DVD's to the company. A few slipped out from some on-line retailers but most did get returned. I'm keeping my eye on the situation and I'll post and PM you when I hear more. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nexu
09-20-2002, 05:32 PM
Episode II
Monsters Inc.
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
Ice Age

mini-rock
09-20-2002, 07:37 PM
I will add Goldmember, and Signs to my list.

This past Tuesday I picked up Monsters Inc. & Panic Room only. Still haven't gotten around to getting Snatch (DTS) or Grease yet.

El Chuxter
09-20-2002, 09:46 PM
THX, JarJarBinks. I can't help but wonder what the rationale was behind that decision, since it seems to be an eagerly awaited DVD release (although it slipped under quite a few fans' radar, mine included, until quite recently). Maybe they're wrangling the video rights and planning on a monster set that includes the entire series? :D

mini-rock, you can't pick up Grease until this Tuesday. Speaking of this Tuesday, I'm definitely gonna get the 2-disc SE of Unforgiven. Or did I say that already? :rolleyes:

mini-rock
09-20-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
mini-rock, you can't pick up Grease until this Tuesday. Speaking of this Tuesday, I'm definitely gonna get the 2-disc SE of Unforgiven. Or did I say that already? :rolleyes:

I can get DVD's 2-3 weeks before street date, but you are right on the release date for Grease.:) I forgot to add Unforgivin to my list also. I wasn't planning to get it, but the review I read over at dvdfile changed my mind.

Beast
09-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
THX, JarJarBinks. I can't help but wonder what the rationale was behind that decision, since it seems to be an eagerly awaited DVD release (although it slipped under quite a few fans' radar, mine included, until quite recently). Maybe they're wrangling the video rights and planning on a monster set that includes the entire series? :D
It's probably the same thing that happened with the Movie Duel. They prepared it, got people excited for it, and started pressing discs. And then they had to cancel it, because someone forgot to get Steven Speilburg's approval of releasing the film. So they had to delay it until they could acquire approval. Which now means Duel isn't coming out until 2003. This happens every so often, a studio believes they hold the rights for somthing, get it all ready to release and then suddenly rights problems pop up. Freaks was permanently cancelled for that reason. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
09-24-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by JesusFreak

Right now IGN has it listed as a December 3rd release, but it could change anytime.

dvdfile.com (http://www.dvdfile.com) has just announced the release date for Goldmember on 12/3 too. Still no specs yet though.

Beast
09-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Here's the list of Goldmember specs, the press release is on or around October 7th, so we'll know what else we get then. :)

Audio commentary with director Jay Roach and Mike Myers
Featurette: MI-6: International Men of Mystery
Featurette: Fashion vs Fiction
Featurette: Disco Fever
Featurette: English, English
The World of Austin Powers: Jay & Mike - Creative Convergance; Confluence of Characters: Goldmember, Foxxy Cleopatra, Nigel Powers, Masters Powers & Evil; Opening Stunts; The Cars of Austin Powers in Goldmember; Anatomy of Three Scenes: Dancing at the Gates, Roller Disco, Sumo Battle
Visual FX Segment
Deleted/Alternate Scences with optional director commentary
Music Videos: Beyonce Knowles - Work it Out; Britney Spears - Boys; Ming Tea - Daddy Wasn't There; Dr Evil & Mini Me - Hard Knock Life
Fact Track - Trivia Subtitle Track
Theatrical & Teaser Trailers
DVD-ROM: Revoice Studio: Use your voice to record dialogue in 12 hilarious scenes!
DVD-ROM: Exclusive Access to On-line infinifilm Features

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-01-2002, 07:16 PM
"The box set is delayed because we have decided to explore a new mix of B&B content with MTV and the show's creators. We do not have a release date set for this new material."

That's what the studio is saying about the Beavis and Butt-Head deal.

Beast
10-01-2002, 07:24 PM
Yep, I saw that at "TheDigitalBits.com" this afternoon. So the ones that slipped out before the recall should be worth a mint in the future. Hopefully this means they are trying to get the video rights and release season boxsets. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-12-2002, 05:51 PM
Well, this past week I picked up Beauty and the Beast, and Scooby Doo.

The video on BATB wasn't all that great, and Scooby turned out to be a pretty good flick.